Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

blaise rascal

"Duke, Duke, Duke, Duke of Pearl...."
Stanley parable v good

ty vanisher, ty khanstant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jolo

ive been playing with magnuts tying to change the wold as we know it

blaise rascal posted:

here is what you need to know if you want to play undertale:

-don't read any spoilers other than this post
-you can beat the game in one of three ways, either by killing every monster (the "genocide" run), by sparing and befriending every monster (the "pacifist" run), or by acting in between the two extremes (a "normal" run). each of theses three routes greatly changes the game and the ending. on your first playthrough, don't worry about trying to do any particular type of run. the odds are overwhelmingly high that you will just get the normal in-between ending. the pacifist run is unavailable until you've beaten the game at least once, and the genocide run is only started if you do some very specific things that are not immediately obvious

A friend said the pacifist run is super good and worth replaying the game, do you agree?

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
im pretty sure i ran pacifist the first run

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

So, I realized that I'm the mini-boss right under the big boss at work. I sit all day in a room in the middle of the top floor, my key card is the last key card you need to get, and I'm difficult to fight, but I don't have any special abilities.

Bobby Deluxe

i think the stanley parable is now playing me :negative:

blaise rascal

Jolo posted:

A friend said the pacifist run is super good and worth replaying the game, do you agree?
It depends if you want to redo the first half of the game. The pacifist run only really branches off and adds new content during the second half, but the new content is very good.

The trickiest part of the pacifist run is that you have to figure out how to "befriend" papyrus and undyne.

Nosfereefer posted:

im pretty sure i ran pacifist the first run
hmm for some reason I thought this was impossible. did you fight asgore? if so you did a normal run, not a pacifist run

Scaly Haylie

i think he means "didn't murder anyone and thus didn't have to replay the game to get to the meat of the true ending"

Nosfereefer

IF YOU FIND THIS POSTER OUTSIDE BYOB, PLEASE RETURN THEM. WE ARE VERY WORRIED AND WE MISS THEM
nobody died and i think i got adopted?

Stooge

blaise rascal posted:

The trickiest part of the pacifist run is that you have to figure out how to "befriend" papyrus and undyne.

Yup, I missed out befriending Undyne first time round too.

I loved Undertale, and I just finished Lisa and Night In The Woods because they're sorta similar. Anyone know any other games that might help me get my Undertale fix?

If you say Undertale I will empty quote you so hard.

blaise rascal

mother 3

mother 2 (also known as earthbound) (I never actually finished this one)

Jolo

Mother 1 by Danzig

Twenty Four

Jolo posted:

Mother 1 by Danzig

wearing a lampshade

Jolo posted:

Mother 1 by Danzig

Stooge

Jolo posted:

Mother 1 by Danzig

Nosfereefer

Jolo posted:

Mother 1 by Danzig

Scaly Haylie

don't actually play mother 1 though, please

Jolo

Mother
Tell your children not to play that gaaaame
Tell your children not to emulaaate
What they want
What they play
Motherrrrr

~~~ byob summer 2020 ~~~ sig responsibly ~~~ i hope you enjoy my sig ~~~ please dont kangaroo jack what you cant kangaroo give back. ~~~

Scaly Haylie

emulate like hell tbh, because companies aren't going to make any effort towards archiving old games unless they can sell it to you on a proprietary small box with HDMI out

blaise rascal

just started fall out new vegas. should I select "wild wasteland" as a trait?

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

I put my thumb up my bum and shut one eye, and my thumb blotted out the planet Earth.

blaise rascal posted:

yes

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

blaise rascal posted:

You want to roll play or just screw around?

----------------

take the moon

by sebmojo
join The Kings and rep them hard

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Stooge

You could just travel to Las Vegas and repeatedly say "Nyeh-hey, there's the high roller!" to get the same experience as FNV.

Dungeon Ecology

hahahah we should just list off some npc lines that get stuck in your head. for some reason “yep. i been drankin again” from GTA Vice City pops into my head every once in a while

Dungeon Ecology

also, speakin of fallout, “ya have more questions for Sulik?”

FutonForensic

capturing mons in Monster Hunter feels so satisfying :cheers:

can't say I feel any less guilty doing monster captures over kills, considering I've carved off 25% of its mass up to that point

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I asked a guard in Whiterun if he knew the alphabet. He didn't say anything, but when I turned to walk away he said, "Wait! I know U".

e: stolen from a macro Alpha showed me

Bobby Deluxe

Dungeon Ecology posted:

hahahah we should just list off some npc lines that get stuck in your head. for some reason “yep. i been drankin again” from GTA Vice City pops into my head every once in a while

in kingdoms of amalur there is this shopkeeper in an underground hall next to a big forge who talks in a really weird way, her opening lines of dialogue are "hellooo" and "can i help youuu" and my wife and i still reference them occasionally

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Dungeon Ecology posted:

the opening of excellent game Mega Man Legends has a few parts where you need to speak to people to advance the story, in a couple cases from a specific angle and the voice lines of the gruff detective going 'you certainly put on quite a show, but it looks like everyone's alright' and tron stammering out 'w-what are you looking at? i'm not a circus clown..or something!' are burned in my head forever and ever

Nosfereefer

blaise rascal posted:

do you want a zybourne clock reference?

Nosfereefer

that was a leading question, sorry. oh course you want that perk

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Not for nothing, but I named my space ship the "1998 Toyota Corolla"

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN posted:

Not for nothing, but I named my space ship the "1998 Toyota Corolla"

Ooh that's a new one. I quit when they failed all my missions for dying, without any cargo

I will be a spaceship again one day tho

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Hugh Malone posted:

Ooh that's a new one. I quit when they failed all my missions for dying, without any cargo

I will be a spaceship again one day tho

I decided to be an explorer.

I have found so many delightful places.

Slush Garbo

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
I was a fuel rat

The Berris Fueler

The ID number thing should have been NRVOUS

GODSPEED JOHN GLENN

Hugh Malone posted:

I was a fuel rat

The Berris Fueler

The ID number thing should have been NRVOUS

Cool. I think the Fuel Rats are one of the coolest organizations to come out of the game. I haven't needed any help in that regard, but I'm sure I'll strand myself thousands of light years out at some point. It's good to know that there are so many people that will help strangers in a video game.

ulvir

im playing la mulana 2 now, and its cool and good for the most part, but im stuck on a pretty awful boss now and he is really harshing my chill here. im thinking of stocking up on pistol ammo to cheese him just to make it be over with

Nosfereefer

i did exploit the weird smuggling mission thing when it lasted, and bought a rather nice smuggling rig. havent played for ages tho. did the SA corp or w/e go anywhere?

Nosfereefer

i could never figure out combat tho, probably because i dont have a joystick

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie

been leveling my crafts in ff14 and one of the class quests for leatherworker is called "toadskins of the father". it's about a dad who wants his soldier son to have good armor.

game good