Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Emalde posted:

That you have to ask means you still don't push your buttons enough! :colbert:

Then kill faster so I can cast EV more and still not need Energy Siphon. :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

FileNotFound posted:

Unacceptable! You can't unrank mods!

Actually...that's a really good change.....

I mean, I don't like it either, but you have to do dumb stuff for umbral builds sadly.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

Glad to see CorPro chat is still going strong years later.

For what it's worth, I run a few different auras on a few different frames and rarely notice any major loss in effectiveness against Sortie 3 stuff, but only if I'm playing a really selfish damage frame like Excal or Atlas, and my builds for most of those are stupidly over-engineered. If you're playing any sort of support or nuke frame, you're just gimping yourself and others if you don't take corpro. The only exceptions to that rule are a sufficiently swole Oberon that can spam reckoning and Saryn, maaaaaybe an avalanche Frost if your team is aware of what you're doing and are quick enough to take advantage of it. And even then, corpro is probably the better call mathematically at pretty much all times.

Still though, Steel Charge on Excal or Atlas is :discourse:

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Tallgeese posted:

I mean, I don't like it either, but you have to do dumb stuff for umbral builds sadly.

I've kept my Umbral mods at 1 short of max. In part because I'm endo poor, but it also makes fitting them so much easier.

Yeah the last point on Umbral mods is not insignificant - but drat.....

Malkof
Oct 13, 2001

Just because I don't care doesn't mean I don't understand.

TipsyMcStagger posted:

is there any way to see how many times you've ran a mission? I'd really like to know how many Tyl Regors I ran for Equinox. I spent a solid 8 hours doing it until I got my last piece of Night Neuroptics.

Edit:
Also how would a newbie without Primed cards and without some of those rare golden cards and umbral cards build Ember?

Lastly, I have 3 warframe potatoes and I have every frame I could get until Pluto. Wondering what frames are worth potatoing first...

I have:
Excalibur
Mag
Frost
Rhine Prime (Already Potatoed)
Nyx Prime (already potatoed)
Trinity Prime (Already potatoed)
Ember
Nova
Volt
Equinox (in oven for 6 days now wooo)

Working towards:
Loki
Hydroid

Im stingy with frame taders, so my tier list is the following:
1. Prime
2. Frame that doesn't have a prime and is good
3. Really good frames that their Prime is vaulted and not coming out soon

So looking at your list I personally would probably do Equinox, Nova,Volt, or Loki. Equinox for NOS/EOS, Volt for Dolans/NOS/EOS, Nova for making just about anything braindead easy/wisp farming, and Loki for spy missions.

Hydroid Prime is currently farmable, I'm rather meh on frost, Excal is spoilers, Ember is eh.Again personal pref.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

absolutely don't put a potato into base excalibur, there's a reason not to later on

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Helter Skelter posted:

Total Eclipse tops out at 14 meters of range (hope you're sticking together), and you're making sacrifices to power strength to get there. You can do it, but whether it's gonna be worth it to you is another question.

Total Eclipse loving owns for Plague Star because the Hemocyte coincidentally spawns right beside a giant spotlight you can stand under.

Magus42
Jan 12, 2007

Oh no you di'n't

Jack Trades posted:

What's even the point of Energy Siphon when you have Zenurik?

For those of us who don't have enough of it unlocked? :)

FunkyFjord
Jul 18, 2004

IMO the only reason to use Steel Charge is because a frame comes with a polarity for it and one isn't doing higher end stuff anyway. When first coming up against enemies with armor that doesn't allow you to oneshot them by default, corpro is still a bigger buff to damage than steel charge, this is true even for Atlas punches and such.

I definitely recall making my way through the star chart as a new and low mr player, encountering armor that my Hek (which probably wasn't modded that optimally at the time) couldn't one shot around Uranus. Corpro immediately solved that problem even in solo missions.

The other auras ought to be more useful but DE balance is a thing.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Admittedly, Steel Charge gives you more points to gently caress around with, so it can be a forma saver for some people.

Vanadium
Jan 8, 2005

Hi here's my newbie trip report: I did a star chart mission thing with a goon group today, it started out okay but after a few rounds I felt like I couldn't really keep up with killing poo poo, I'd brought my one good gun with a potato in it and even so I started worrying about running out of ammo because everything took so, so many bullets to kill, and I figured that's just how it goes with tougher enemies showing up in endless missions eventually and we might have to extract soon. Maybe I should stick to earlier planets.

Then the goon whose game had crashed reconnected and my guess is that meant we had 4 corpro again and everything just melted and it was good.

This wasn't some level 100+ thing, nothing you couldn't optimize past, but my gun is only so big at this point and every little bit of useful aura helps. :shobon:

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer
So you can’t Forma the polarity of the aura slots?

FileNotFound
Jul 17, 2005

Pendent posted:

Sure you can - but not all auras have the same drain (or gain?)

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Pendent posted:

You can. Steel Charge is 9 points, so 18 with a v polarity, versus Corpro's 7 and 14 though.

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Vanadium posted:

Hi here's my newbie trip report: I did a star chart mission thing with a goon group today, it started out okay but after a few rounds I felt like I couldn't really keep up with killing poo poo, I'd brought my one good gun with a potato in it and even so I started worrying about running out of ammo because everything took so, so many bullets to kill, and I figured that's just how it goes with tougher enemies showing up in endless missions eventually and we might have to extract soon. Maybe I should stick to earlier planets.

Then the goon whose game had crashed reconnected and my guess is that meant we had 4 corpro again and everything just melted and it was good.

This wasn't some level 100+ thing, nothing you couldn't optimize past, but my gun is only so big at this point and every little bit of useful aura helps. :shobon:

That's good, and that's the idea behind everyone running corpro -by default-. No one has to run corpro every mission, people can do what they want. That said, running corpro by default makes everything goes smoother for those who don't have top builds.

That said, I'd like to see some more aura variety, and I think DE removing Corpro would do that (while... maybe doing some enemy tweaking... assuming that is that DE built some later enemies around the idea that people would equip corpro). Corpro is on the "stuff to remove" list along with pure damage mods (and maybe multishot... I mean I want more bullets but it's silly that it's a required mod in every build).

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

multishot was actually originally intended to use more ammo when equipped whenever it would fire more shots but due to a bug it didn't and they just kept it that way

having strict +damage mods and things of that sort in games without any sort of downsides whatsoever leads to a lot of less-interesting build variety and honestly i feel games should avoid it like the plague if they can help it because it severely begins to pigeonhole things later on and becomes a lot more difficult to change later, if they want to at all

i don't know if it would be possible for de to radically change how basic mods work at this point and tbh it'd probably be so far back on their plate at the moment that i'd be curious as to when or if it would actually happen

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I like Multishot as it exists because I like firing endless fountains of bullets at people.

Like, I know it's bad from a game design standpoint but endless fountains of bullets!

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Johnny Joestar posted:

multishot was actually originally intended to use more ammo when equipped whenever it would fire more shots but due to a bug it didn't and they just kept it that way

having strict +damage mods and things of that sort in games without any sort of downsides whatsoever leads to a lot of less-interesting build variety and honestly i feel games should avoid it like the plague if they can help it because it severely begins to pigeonhole things later on and becomes a lot more difficult to change later, if they want to at all

i don't know if it would be possible for de to radically change how basic mods work at this point and tbh it'd probably be so far back on their plate at the moment that i'd be curious as to when or if it would actually happen

Simply baking in maxed Serration, Hornet Strike, and PPB would be enough.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

Tallgeese posted:

probably, although i'm sure they would tie the natural damage increase to the rank of the weapon which i guess would work just as well. it'd require some more involved stuff in the background to go along with it, too, since giving such a consistent and leveled out base damage buff would absolutely need some rebalancing all over

which would heavily run into issues with the armor scaling, without a doubt, which is still the big elephant in the room as far as this stuff is concerned. if de ever wants to touch all of this in the future they've got a lot they need to tweak, but to an extent i'm at least somewhat confident in something like that since so far they've been pretty adamant about just outright buffing a shitload of gear and i see no reason to think differently when it comes to melee 3.0

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Tallgeese posted:

i wouldn't mind losing primed point blank for the regular version if it was baked in.

Tallgeese
May 11, 2008

MAKE LOVE, NOT WAR

Johnny Joestar posted:

probably, although i'm sure they would tie the natural damage increase to the rank of the weapon which i guess would work just as well. it'd require some more involved stuff in the background to go along with it, too, since giving such a consistent and leveled out base damage buff would absolutely need some rebalancing all over

Really the biggest issue is that Augur Pact exists.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i could easily see them adding a downside to balance out the damage buff, like a fire rate decrease. maybe making it physical-only could be an option, too?

the set mods are cool but it's a little silly that some exist that are just exactly the same as an old mod but with a set effect attached. gladiator vice i'm looking at you.

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

Johnny Joestar posted:

i could easily see them adding a downside to balance out the damage buff, like a fire rate decrease. maybe making it physical-only could be an option, too?

the set mods are cool but it's a little silly that some exist that are just exactly the same as an old mod but with a set effect attached. gladiator vice i'm looking at you.

Weren't the set mods explicitly a way to get some of the stupidly expensive/rare meta mods to latecomers without asking them to drop assloads of plat on a finite supply?

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry
Yay, just made it to MR 20.

Went to my friendly local Simaris to practice the test, zoned in, and immediately crashed. But not before hearing some shite about using my 'arKwing' to do stuff.

It's an ArcHwing. Or is this some Canadian weirdness?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
it's pronounced ark because the game has voice acting and that's how they pronounce it. there's no deeper meaning.

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

BeAuMaN posted:

That said, I'd like to see some more aura variety, and I think DE removing Corpro would do that (while... maybe doing some enemy tweaking... assuming that is that DE built some later enemies around the idea that people would equip corpro). Corpro is on the "stuff to remove" list along with pure damage mods (and maybe multishot... I mean I want more bullets but it's silly that it's a required mod in every build).
Corpro's not the problem, the way DR scales off armour is the problem.

If they fixed the scaling curve, and made the other mods more useful (like the health and energy auras giving it on kill rather than on a regen tick), none of this would be an issue.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

I always bothered me that they say cephalon with a Sea sound. I know that it gets the Sea sound in regular English when you are farting higher than your rear end talking about heads and / or brains, but it really should take a Kay sound.

xiansi
Jan 26, 2012

im judjing all goons cause they have bad leader, so a noral member is associated whith thoose crasy one

Personaly i would quit the goons if i was in cause of thoose crasy ppl
Clapping Larry

SIGSEGV posted:

I always bothered me that they say cephalon with a Sea sound. I know that it gets the Sea sound in regular English when you are farting higher than your rear end talking about heads and / or brains, but it really should take a Kay sound.

How do you say celebration, celestial, or certainty, or Cthulu...ah, now I see.

NoEyedSquareGuy
Mar 16, 2009

Just because Liquor's dead, doesn't mean you can just roll this bitch all over town with "The Freedoms."

Tallgeese posted:

Really the biggest issue is that Augur Pact exists.

Augur Pact exists so that we can make fun of Magnum Force.

SIGSEGV
Nov 4, 2010

xiansi posted:

How do you say celebration, celestial, or certainty, or Cthulu...ah, now I see.

It's not that, it's the Greek origin, it's for the same reason that I think that, in Dominions, Arcoscephale should also be said with the second C being a Kay sound.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
if you make up a word you can pronounce it any way you want

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

if you make up a word you can pronounce it any way you want

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

you mean like jif?

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

exceptions are made when something sounds exceptionally loving stupid

Weremacht
Nov 4, 2002

THE ONLY THING THAT TURNS ME ON MORE THAN A MONKEY IN A FURRY SUIT IS SPOILING PLOTS

Tallgeese posted:

so steve has weighed in on this during his weird sunday streams where he talks about...stuff and that's never going to happen. steve sees upgrading damage mods as a form of long term progression in a game that otherwise doesn't really have any, and as a balancing mechanic he finds it too useful to get rid of

vOv welcome to mandatory mod hell forever

BeAuMaN
Feb 18, 2014

I'M A LEAD FARMER, MOTHERFUCKER!

Weremacht posted:

so steve has weighed in on this during his weird sunday streams where he talks about...stuff and that's never going to happen. steve sees upgrading damage mods as a form of long term progression in a game that otherwise doesn't really have any, and as a balancing mechanic he finds it too useful to get rid of

vOv welcome to mandatory mod hell forever

Steve! :argh:

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

SIGSEGV posted:

It's not that, it's the Greek origin, it's for the same reason that I think that, in Dominions, Arcoscephale should also be said with the second C being a Kay sound.

oh you mean like caesar :)

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy
Khora's Strangledome is just the absolute best- the range that it can snag enemies from is pretty huge, and extends surprisingly far vertically. My new favorite strategy is to position the dome a few meters above chokepoints (you can cast it while clinging to walls, which is super useful), and laugh and laugh as the enemies get snagged into my demented carnival ride.

Actually, they should take Khora's 2 and 4, Valky's 1, and Ivara's zipline, and design a new arachnid themed frame. Enemies caught in the web could be juiced for health or energy, and setting up webs would be pretty fun.

McKilligan fucked around with this message at 05:08 on Sep 1, 2018

wid
Sep 7, 2005
Living in paradise (only bombed once)

xiansi posted:

Yay, just made it to MR 20.

Went to my friendly local Simaris to practice the test, zoned in, and immediately crashed. But not before hearing some shite about using my 'arKwing' to do stuff.

It's an ArcHwing. Or is this some Canadian weirdness?

Apparently the word is derived from 'Archangel' so that's why they pronounced it as 'ark'.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Haha holy poo poo, I took my Ignis Wraith out of the oven and even with no forma in it this thing is incredible. I kinda look in the general vicinity of things and they disintegrate.