Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

BiggerBoat posted:

I've never really confirmed this but in Incredible Hulk, wasn't Blonsky's "phase 1" transformation (the fight in the park) supposed to be a cheap knock off of the super soldier serum?

Yeah there's a scene where Ross lays out how he restarted the super soldier program and banner was a researcher for it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JT Smiley
Mar 3, 2006
Thats whats up!

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

My personal feeling is that Cap is about as powerful as Jason, the Red Ranger, while Bucky is about as powerful as Rocky, the red ranger.

So Bucky's getting replaced by a ten year old after injuring himself?

CityMidnightJunky
May 11, 2013

by Smythe

A.I. Borgland Corp posted:

My personal feeling is that Cap is about as powerful as Jason, the Red Ranger, while Bucky is about as powerful as Rocky, the red ranger.

Who's Tommy in this analogy?

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."

CityMidnightJunky posted:

Thor.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

I would guess Mr. Fantastic, every version of him except one is incredibly evil, and him also sometimes, also he does weird supervillain poo poo all the time even as a good guy.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Black Panther because Cap was the best until he came along and was just better/cooler

Rhyno posted:

I actually do the Stephen Amell "Arrow" routine. But at about 25% of the weight.

And then you eat 2 dozen cheeseburgers, ya know, for the protein....

Sgt. Politeness fucked around with this message at 22:07 on Aug 29, 2018

Goffer
Apr 4, 2007
"..."

BiggerBoat posted:

I've never really confirmed this but in Incredible Hulk, wasn't Blonsky's "phase 1" transformation (the fight in the park) supposed to be a cheap knock off of the super soldier serum?

The pet theory I like is that it isn’t a cheap knock-off, the super soldier serum has actually always worked, it just happens that the serum brings out the inner qualities of the person. Rogers becomes Cap because he is fundamentally a good person, red skull becomes red skull because he is pure evil on the inside, Banner becomes a childish rage monster, and Blonsky becomes a evil rage monster. Same serum, different end result.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Turns out Alec Baldwin has already dropped out of that Joker movie, claiming "scheduling issues."

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

muscles like this! posted:

Turns out Alec Baldwin has already dropped out of that Joker movie, claiming "scheduling issues."

Wow, how could he not drop everything to be in such a surefire hit from well known hit maker WB/DC? :v:

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

And then you eat 2 dozen cheeseburgers, ya know, for the protein....

Is this a fat joke or a thing he does?

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.
More of a Goon joke, maybe I'm just trying to get you to DM me a picture of your abs.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Sgt. Politeness posted:

More of a Goon joke, maybe I'm just trying to get you to DM me a picture of your abs.

Well I lost more than 50 pounds so I was like "NO LONGER ACCURATE."

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Proooooove it fatty!

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I've already posted my fat loss in a dozen threads but here you go!

https://i.imgur.com/1AP4PLg.jpg
Same shirt. Skin tight on the left, so much loose fabric on the right. 57 pound difference between pics.

Diabetic
Sep 29, 2006

When the mob and the press and the whole world tell you to move, your job is to plant yourself like a tree beside the river of truth, and tell the whole world Diabeetus.

Goffer posted:

The pet theory I like is that it isn’t a cheap knock-off, the super soldier serum has actually always worked, it just happens that the serum brings out the inner qualities of the person. Rogers becomes Cap because he is fundamentally a good person, red skull becomes red skull because he is pure evil on the inside, Banner becomes a childish rage monster, and Blonsky becomes a evil rage monster. Same serum, different end result.

Cap is my favorite super hero and seeing Blonsky's moves with the Serum had me very excited. I don't think they got the power set right for Cap until Winter Soldier.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

BiggerBoat posted:

Wasn’t Ultimate Marvel still big back then? I remember thinking they were doing the Ultimate Marvel super-serum plot (which was kind of lovely, but not as lovely as the rest of UM) when it came out.

God, Ultimate Marvel sucked.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Rhyno posted:

Same shirt. Skin tight on the left, so much loose fabric on the right. 57 pound difference between pics.

Quit showing off Rhyno, this is the comic book movie thread.

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Wasn’t Ultimate Marvel still big back then? I remember thinking they were doing the Ultimate Marvel super-serum plot (which was kind of lovely, but not as lovely as the rest of UM) when it came out.

God, Ultimate Marvel sucked.
I wouldn’t say it was ‘big’ but it still existed unlike today

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
Won't lie, sometimes when I'm working out I think of that One Punch Man chapter with the Blizzard Group mook and it sort of motivates me

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Rhyno posted:

Nice work, sir!

I've been hitting the gym hard myself the past couple of months. Down about 12 pounds, but I can't lose this gut for the life of me. I've got some nice guns though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

pubic works project posted:

Nice work, sir!

I've been hitting the gym hard myself the past couple of months. Down about 12 pounds, but I can't lose this gut for the life of me. I've got some nice guns though.

There’s a point where exercise gets you so far and the rest is good dieting and honestly I’m never giving up on Stouts and some of the other trash I eat every now and then and I’m ok with that.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

He also said "there are 25 guys out there who can play this role" so, not really feeling like he respected the part

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

zoux posted:

He also said "there are 25 guys out there who can play this role" so, not really feeling like he respected the part

They probably made the mistake of saying something like "this will be perfect for you, it's just like your last big role" which every actor loves hearing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

It must have been something because it was announced on Monday and on Wednesday he was acting like he had quit ages ago.

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

Sgt. Politeness posted:

They probably made the mistake of saying something like "this will be perfect for you, it's just like your last big role" which every actor loves hearing.

Mission Impossible? Or do I have the wrong Baldwin.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

It must have been something because it was announced on Monday and on Wednesday he was acting like he had quit ages ago.

Probably the Trump comparison.

Nessus
Dec 22, 2003

After a Speaker vote, you may be entitled to a valuable coupon or voucher!

The Question IRL posted:

Back during Dan Jurgen's run on Cap, he stopped an ICBM with a shield toss. Okay it had only just been launched and wasn't in orbit, but still he took it out with one toss of his shield.
Well when Captain America throws his mighty shield

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

Bruceski posted:

Forgot about/haven't seen that.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

Bruceski posted:

Maybe The Aviator? If they were gonna connect the Joker's origin to the Wayne business having Thomas Wayne be "rival business guy who always seems to be winning" would be an easy slam dunk.

BiggerBoat
Sep 26, 2007

Don't you tell me my business again.
Guess I can stick The Predator trailer here?

https://news.avclub.com/the-final-predator-trailer-is-so-much-better-than-all-t-1828745117

Not real psyched for it

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Predator's a movie character first and a comic book disaster second.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I only just saw the Venom trailer today and it feels like a movie that should have come out in the early 2000s to try to catch that Blade success.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
In that last Venom trailer they finally added effects to that one scene, and I still have no idea why they put it in the first two trailers when they didn't have them ready.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?

twistedmentat posted:

I only just saw the Venom trailer today and it feels like a movie that should have come out in the early 2000s to try to catch that Blade success.

All that nu goth crap is cool again.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Chill Penguin posted:

All that nu goth crap is cool again.

Someone should slap More Human Than Human over it and it would fit perflectly.

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

But it's got it's own crusty tie-in song already.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pB-B6DUY0OY
venimmmm

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Lurdiak posted:

Predator's a movie character first and a comic book disaster second.

Predator comics are alright. There’s one where a Predator fights a bear and it’s kinda neat.

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Predator is going to own.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Hmmm. Jebediah Springfield iced a bear with his bare hands. So logically we should send him to fight the Predators.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I had forgotten how fun the quicksilver scenes were

https://twitter.com/harleivy/status/1035605865720700929?s=19

• Locked thread