Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
macgruber the character killed r-truth by blowing him up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Baron Corbin posted:

macgruber the character killed r-truth by blowing him up

I stand corrected.

fatherofmustard
May 15, 2018

Batista tried to run over Cena in their "I Quit" match.

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Paul Bearer was buried alive in concrete.
Undertaker was locked in a casket and set on fire.
Someone blew Vince's car up with him in it. This was never explained in kayfabe, I don't think, since it was dropped the next week.

If you include later revelations, everyone ends up fine. I don't think any wrestler has ever disappeared forever after kayfabe killing someone.

In kayfabe Vince said he blew his own car up to see if anyone would miss him if he was gone

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Roman tried to kill a dude with an ambulance and then fled the scene, which is like, seven felonies.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

the undertaker is the strongest case so far since he murdered someone. Even then i wonder if he would get more than 30 years w parole because of how powerful he is

Draxion
Jun 9, 2013

Well Big Boss Man was a cop or something, so probably.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Cavauro posted:

are thjere any current wrestlers who should be spending life in prison or be executed but in kayfabe? not their irl activities but things they have done on a show or for a show. List them all to me and say and what they did

The closest thing I can think of is that in WCW, Hulk Hogan threw Brian Knobbs out a window, and that was Knobbs' last appearance in the company! And he didn't wrestle for years after! So it was more or less canon for years that Hulk Hogan murdered Brian Knobbs on live television.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Hulk Hogan pushed the Giant off the top of a building in the Monster Truck match as well, which was either attempted murder or murder if you think the Dungeon of Doom brought The Giant back to life

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Do any of you know about Titanes en el Ring and can explain who The Man Who Carries the Block of Ice was and what he did in story line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2FLa4hF-Zo

LvK
Feb 27, 2006

FIVE STARS!!

Smoking Crow posted:

Do any of you know about Titanes en el Ring and can explain who The Man Who Carries the Block of Ice was and what he did in story line
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2FLa4hF-Zo

The traditional ice harvester dude is a classic Argentinian image/job but I can't tell you what storylines he may have had.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
my spanish is very poor, but according to the research i've done, his job was to walk around outside the ring with a block of ice and interrupt matches. i watched an interview of the guy in spanish and he said he is a "national mystery." the president of Argentina and his grandchildren were all big fans of his. he had his leg amputated and then he died in 2016.

he did not wrestle, he just carried the block of ice around the ring, and was there to be mysterious.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Baron Corbin posted:

he did not wrestle, he just carried the block of ice around the ring, and was there to be mysterious.

I've discovered the way to finally get Roman over

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Cavauro posted:

the undertaker is the strongest case so far since he murdered someone. Even then i wonder if he would get more than 30 years w parole because of how powerful he is

Kane is much worse in kayfabe; he has committed multiple arsons, rapes and murders.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Shiki Dan posted:

Kane is much worse in kayfabe; he has committed multiple arsons, rapes and murders.

We know the insidious villain who goes by "Triple HHH" framed him for at least one of them, how do we know he wasn't responsible for the rest?

Smoking Crow
Feb 14, 2012

*laughs at u*

Baron Corbin posted:

my spanish is very poor, but according to the research i've done, his job was to walk around outside the ring with a block of ice and interrupt matches. i watched an interview of the guy in spanish and he said he is a "national mystery." the president of Argentina and his grandchildren were all big fans of his. he had his leg amputated and then he died in 2016.

Thank you, if I ever promote a wrestling show it will have a man with a block of ice to honor his memory

Frankenstein Dad
Jul 4, 2008

Dad of Frankenstein

Dacap posted:

I'm sure this was also the reason for his makeup at Wrestle Kingdom

He wore the lipstick and eyeshadow originally because he’d been hiding in the crowd with a bushi mask and wanted to look as much like a hardcore bushi fan as possible. But once he took the mask off, he felt like it gave him a Clockwork Orange vibe, so he stuck with it. Then Jado gave him the hat.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Smoking Crow posted:

In kayfabe Vince said he blew his own car up to see if anyone would miss him if he was gone

Yes... in kayfabe.... :tinfoil:

Metroid Fitzgerald
Feb 13, 2012

B O O O O B S . . . !

Kane, the Bar, and Miz once crushed Braun Strowman to death inside a garbage truck.

And then Braun got better.

Metroid Fitzgerald fucked around with this message at 11:12 on Sep 1, 2018

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Cavauro posted:

are thjere any current wrestlers who should be spending life in prison or be executed but in kayfabe? not their irl activities but things they have done on a show or for a show. List them all to me and say and what they did

I don't watch the show but based on what I've heard, there's plenty of people in Lucha Underground who should be.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

GEORGE W BUSHI posted:

I don't watch the show but based on what I've heard, there's plenty of people in Lucha Underground who should be.

Their former champion has eaten at least one person.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

DangerDummy! posted:

dj khaled's wife starts watching LU all of a sudden

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Cavauro posted:

Cant give a dead man a life sentence.

OJ MIST 2 THE DICK
Sep 11, 2008

Anytime I need to see your face I just close my eyes
And I am taken to a place
Where your crystal minds and magenta feelings
Take up shelter in the base of my spine
Sweet like a chica cherry cola

-Cheap Trick

Nap Ghost

Defiance Industries posted:

We know the insidious villain who goes by "Triple HHH" framed him for at least one of them, how do we know he wasn't responsible for the rest?

Kane admitted to them during a taped therapy session

DangerDummy! posted:

off the top of my head

Prince puma - identity theft
Mil Muertes killed a bunch of people but also is undead so were getting into zombie law here
Johnny Mundo - needs prison scenes for his next fil and has not thought this through
Fenix - killed Mil
Matanza - killed people and cannibalized them
Marty Martinez and Mariposa - stalked and kidnapped a woman
Pentagon Jr - probably killed a man
Joey Ryan - is a cop
Dante Fox and Killshot - probably committed war crimes
Brian Cage - brutually killed a city councilman and squished his eyeball

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Here's a broad and debatable question; how many fun or good things has TNA actually done over the years? The only one I can think of off the top of my head is a promo between Ric Flair and ..Jay Lethal? Lethal is doing a spot-on Flair impression, and Flair gets increasingly agitated and worked up as it goes on. I don't know if they followed up on it with anything good, I assume not.

I think AJ Styles' breakdown should count, since it's both a good enough storyline and it gave us AJ's current look. AJ's feud with Daniels led to a match where the loser couldn't compete for the title for a year. AJ lost and it broke him. He stopped showing up in TNA because why compete if he couldn't be the best? Eventually, someone went to go find him in his hometown and AJ had grown his hair out and had a beard while acting like a hermit. He had a look and temperament that spelled out that he could have easily joined the Aces and 8s, but instead became their Sting and helped TNA fight them.

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Pertinent to the discussion:

https://twitter.com/MrLARIATO/status/886544178234183680

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

exploded mummy posted:

off the top of my head
The man who shot and killed beloved wrestling promoter Dario Cueto. :mad:

e: Kobra Moon abducting and brainwashing Drago and Johnny beheading Pindar. The Rabbit Tribe murdered Mascarita Sagrada.

frankenfreak fucked around with this message at 17:18 on Sep 1, 2018

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Ox Baker must have killed a lot of people with his fearsome heart punch.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet

jesus WEP posted:

I appreciate this post

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

nice

Nipponophile
Apr 8, 2009

forkboy84 posted:

Ox Baker must have killed a lot of people with his fearsome heart punch.

At least one.

Justin Godscock
Oct 12, 2004

Listen here, funnyman!
What about Kane?

He lit JR on fire and shocked Shane's balls with a car battery.

Also, going back to the brief "When was TNA good?" discussion their brief run where they had an impressive roster of indy talent plus their new Spike TV deal (so 2004-06) was easily the highlight of their existence. They even pulled off two shockers in signing Christian and Kurt Angle shortly after their WWE releases and made Christian a main-eventer when WWE was hesitant to do so.

Then they brought in Vince Russo and...yeah.

Justin Godscock fucked around with this message at 02:10 on Sep 2, 2018

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Justin Godscock posted:

What about Kane?

He lit JR on fire and shocked Shane's balls with a car battery.

Also, going back to the brief "When was TNA good?" discussion their brief run where they had an impressive roster of indy talent plus their new Spike TV deal (so 2004-06) was easily the highlight of their existence. They even pulled off two shockers in signing Christian and Kurt Angle shortly after their WWE releases and made Christian a main-eventer when WWE was hesitant to do so.

Then they brought in Vince Russo and...yeah.

That greatly overstates the length of the good period. Their only really good PPV in 2004 is Turning Point because of the AMW vs XXX cage match. Their weekly PPVs that year were insanely boring and Victory Road 04 is an awful show. The early 2005 PPVs are a mixed bad. Final Resolution is good, February and March aren't so good, Lockdown is good, the may PPV is ok, then Slammiversary starts their hot summer period that runs through Jarrett winning the title. That period really only lasts for a year because by mid summer of 2006 the booking gets pretty bad with the Christian heel turn, the Jackass angles in the X Division and AFTER that the hiring of Russo.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
I'm not sure if the timing quite lined up perfectly, but TNA had Beer Money, MCMG, and The Young Bucks around the same time and instead of making a mirror of the Hardys/Dudleys/E&C feud with guys arguably better in raw talent decided to do basically nothing. They also botched Samoa Joe's undefeated streak about as bad as Asuka's, thinking about it. TNA had all the right talent and none of the sense, you can't even blame hindsight on that one because they were all super-hot and chose to go with anyone else. Probably the only thing of consequence they did was be a worse booked NXT, even the bad knockouts at their peak all stood out. Even Lacey Von Erich who was the perfect parrot of the Divas division at the time, whether she or they meant it or not.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I went to a combo UNT football game/World Class Revolution wrassling match, and I'm not sure I understood what I just watched

The headliners were Von Erich's and Iceman, who I guess were a big deal some time ago? Turns out Papa Von Erich has some ties to Denton, TX and played on the football team, which I guess explains a lot. What tier of wrestling is World Class, it it the AA of WWE? How much of the fighting is choreographed and how much of it is "real?" Dudes getting suplexed onto the mat is definitely real.

SMU sucks at football and wrassling and everything else really

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
The Von Erich family were about as big as a celebrity as you could be in Texas during the late 70's and early 80's. WCCW was a huge deal back before the WWF/E and WCW gobbled up everything in the mid-late 80's. All of wrestling is 100% real, unlike MMA.

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011
Thinking about Asuka and Samoa Joe mentioned earlier.

Has there ever been a "undefeated streak" angle that was not botched in the end.

Maybe Okada?

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

TheCool69 posted:

Thinking about Asuka and Samoa Joe mentioned earlier.

Has there ever been a "undefeated streak" angle that was not botched in the end.

Maybe Okada?

What, you don't think Goldberg's streak was perfectly ended?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Did they ever claim that WM3 was Andre's first loss? That would at least be a good payoff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

Yeah. Andre was "undefeated for 15 years"