Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

central dogma
Feb 25, 2012

Come to the Undead Settlement in the next 20 mins if u want an ash kicking

autism ZX spectrum posted:

The university stations here are liberal to the point of parody. There's such a huge emphasis on far-left topics you end up with radio programs about disability issues and infinite numbers of feminist geared stuff. Thankfully the lineup changes really frequently because some of it is just awful. There are a few gems that make it worth listening to. One girl plays all Canadian indie/punk stuff but only the female led bands, one guy has been playing entire vinyl records on tuesdays for years, a lot of local country/folk stuff and on Friday mornings they play a punk show from San Francisco.

There's some station out in a smaller town here that's Christian/country focused and they're virtual but (if I remember what my buddy was telling me correctly) they try pretty hard to make it not seem that way with pre-recorded dj segments and poo poo like that.

I'm so upset that I'm literally shaking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
I'm shook

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"
I want those goofy rear end Kanye foot puffs.

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
LOL jesus christ. What I was trying to say is that maybe an hour of stammered/mumbled talking points and community news just doesn't make for good radio but who am I to say?? It's a one person show with the world's least charismatic host and they don't really go over anything of any real local substance.

Pirate Radar
Apr 18, 2008

You're not my Ruthie!
You're not my Debbie!
You're not my Sherry!

LOL jesus christ. What I was trying to say is that maybe an hour of stammered/mumbled talking points and community news just doesn't make for good radio but who am I to say?? It's a one person show with the world's least charismatic host and they don't really go over anything of any real local substance.

Kind of burying the lede there then

autism ZX spectrum
Feb 8, 2007

by Lowtax
Fun Shoe
The only show that was worse was this 8am Atheist News Hour where fuckin 4 smug fedora lords would just jerk each other off about how lovely organized religion was.

A Strange Aeon
Mar 26, 2010

You are now a slimy little toad
The Great Twist

The only show that was worse was this 8am Atheist News Hour where fuckin 4 smug fedora lords would just jerk each other off about how lovely organized religion was.

This seems like it could be a fun topic to explore, people posting about their local college radio stations. That seems to be the only place on radio that isn't so homogenized and there might be actually interesting variation to the programming.

Ghaz
Nov 19, 2004

just lol if you're among those whom the law binds but does not protect, and not those whom the law protects but does not bind in 2018

TACD
Oct 27, 2000

Memento posted:

They're the new Kanye West shoes. They cost on the order of 5-700 dollars.
Oh cool, in that case I’m all for it. I have no problem with rich idiots fleecing each other and looking like pitiable Nathan Barley spin-offs for their trouble.

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Memento posted:

They're the new Kanye West shoes. They cost on the order of 5-700 dollars.

They look comfy

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Yeezys own, I get em for $25 off AliExpress.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G
https://twitter.com/Progressive_Pol/status/1035198992223793154?s=19

Representing his constituents.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
A couple of election cycles ago, when Ex-Prime Minister Tony Abbott was still just a federal minister with a future he took out a $750,000 "cost of living" loan because the mere $330,000 he was making wasn't enough to get by.

Pussy Quipped
Jan 29, 2009

His punishment should be having to eat $7.25 in pennies every hour for the rest of his life.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

If someone were to kidnap Duncan Hunter, release him on an island and then hunt him for sport, that person would become the new Duncan hunter.

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Outrail posted:

If someone were to kidnap Duncan Hunter, release him on an island and then hunt him for sport, that person would become the new Duncan hunter.

Duncan Hunter has two first names.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Oscar Wild posted:

Duncan Hunter has two first names.

ONLY 90s KIDS WILL GET THIS

KiteAuraan
Aug 5, 2014

JER GEDDA FERDA RADDA ARA!

Pussy Quipped posted:

His punishment should be having to eat $7.25 in pennies every hour for the rest of his life.

eat the pennies quizboy.

Rev. Bleech_
Oct 19, 2004

~OKAY, WE'LL DRINK TO OUR LEGS!~

Motherfucker posted:

Anyone ever feel the urge to kill rising up past the numbness and suddenly know exactly how a spree shooter probably feels for a few moments?

do you have any puckins

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
Is the spree shooter a nutter who lacks self control, or has altogether too much of it?

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pussy Quipped posted:

His punishment should be GUILLOTINE

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman

Pussy Quipped posted:

Would probably only cost like 30 bucks

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

Pussy Quipped posted:

Eat the pennies, Hunter.

ekuNNN
Nov 27, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Pussy Quipped posted:

Speaking of the minimum wage, I love this art piece:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

ekuNNN posted:

Hey now, some minimum wage jobs are hot, dangerous, and threaten you with homelessness and force you to work for SIX GODDAMNED YEARS WITH A HERNIA AS BIG AS A BABY'S HEAD STICKING OUT OF YOUR GUT why no I'm not speaking from experience whatever could give you such an absurd idea

As much as I bitch about my job being soul-crushingly depressing at times, at least it's soul-crushingly depressing in a comfortable climate-controlled environment that pays over ten bucks an hour and involves no heavy lifting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com

ekuNNN posted:

If hell is real every politician who vetos min wage increases while voting for their own raises would be chained to this thing. Also rent goes up every month.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

ekuNNN posted:

Without a doubt, most people who started operating the machine for fun would quickly grow disheartened and stop when realizing just how little they're earning by turning this mindless crank.

I don't buy this part at all. I distinctly remember there was some other machine installed in a public place where you got, like, a dollar for pushing a button a certain number of times, but each time someone got the dollar the number of required button pushes for the next dollar went up, and people sat there for loving hours mashin' that fuckin' button to get that dollar.

People will go to stupid lengths to get "free" money, it's like some kind of cognitive blind spot humanity has or something.

Perry Mason Jar
Feb 24, 2006

"Della? Take a lid"

capitalism is good now

Dabir
Nov 10, 2012

ate all the Oreos posted:

I don't buy this part at all. I distinctly remember there was some other machine installed in a public place where you got, like, a dollar for pushing a button a certain number of times, but each time someone got the dollar the number of required button pushes for the next dollar went up, and people sat there for loving hours mashin' that fuckin' button to get that dollar.

People will go to stupid lengths to get "free" money, it's like some kind of cognitive blind spot humanity has or something.

this is bitcoin op

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

ate all the Oreos posted:

If cookie clicker was a paying job I would be in Business Insider with a headline like HOW DOES HE DO IT? MYEET THE STARTUP ENTREPRENEUR SHIFTING PARADIGMS AND CHALLENGING STATUS QUOS (quoes?).

So what advice does this young business genius have for other would-be corporate conquerors? "If you love your job you never work a day in your life. The key is to be grateful. Just live within your means and invest wisely in property and the stock market. I am just like any other guy."

comedyblissoption
Mar 15, 2006

The economy would be doing great if everyone was smart enough to save their money and buy real estate to rent out and own stocks like me.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Dabir posted:

this is bitcoin op

Naw, you didn't have to pay to push the button

down n out
Sep 16, 2008

Nap Ghost

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
now that koch fucks have sharted out their latest bought SCOTUS victory they are sending these to Union members in affected areas!

Tom Guycot
Oct 15, 2008

Chief of Governors

My brain is crunching up looking at this. What exactly am I seeing here?

Take the plunge! Okay!
Feb 24, 2007

Tom Guycot posted:

My brain is crunching up looking at this. What exactly am I seeing here?

Looks like a brief for Lucky Strike paid shills (“influencers”) on social media

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Cigarette companies still pay lots of money for advertising they just gotta be low key about it

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Are people so clueless that they don't understand yet that "social media influencers" are earning money by being shills?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

Perry Mason Jar posted:

capitalism is good now

Bad news, this used to be the 24 pack