Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Professor Funk posted:

Rapoport says it's 2 first rounders PLUS for Mack. Wild.

Yeah at least they got good compensation. And the Bears first round picks might be relatively high first round picks.

Someone said two firsts plus a player, other than a few guys I don't think would be offered in addition to two firsts or guys the Raiders wouldn't need I don't see the player being a big deal here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sirtommygunn
Mar 7, 2013

Professor Funk posted:

Rapoport says it's 2 first rounders PLUS for Mack. Wild.

uh yeah at that price I'm fine with missing out on him, :drat: chicago

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Black Sunshine posted:

I don't give a gently caress if it's 3 first rounders

You don't trade away your 27 year old generational talent who also happens to be the best player in the league on his side of the ball just because you don't want to pay him

It's literally NEVER happened before

Have we considered the fact that the Raiders probably can’t pay him? They’d need to immediate escrow $80-90m that they probably don’t have.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

Diva Cupcake posted:

Have we considered the fact that the Raiders probably can’t pay him? They’d need to immediate escrow $80-90m that they probably don’t have.

That got debunked. They just didn't want to pay him. Is there a press conference or something. Explain yourselves.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

sirtommygunn posted:

Holy poo poo, 2 first rounders+ from the Bears is a steal. Mack is fantastic though so maybe the Bears walk away from this okay, but still. I thought the fact that he would need a QB money contract this year to make this work would keep teams from parting with 2 first rounders.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky
the raiders can't pay him because they invested $225m in low-rent philip rivers and knute rockne

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

warcrimes posted:

I'm not sure who the bigger poo poo show is, 95.7 or Cerrato.

warcrimes posted:

LMAO, this is all a bunch of bullshit.

warcrimes posted:

It has more merit than people putting stock in limo drivers and false financial assessments.

warcrimes posted:

This is yet another misrepresentation of what was actually said. PFT seems especially adapt at doing this. Any trade would have to START with two #1s. Then add more picks and players. In other words, you're going to have to give a package that no sane GM would give, to get Mack. Herschel Walker/Ricky Williams-type poo poo.They're not settling for a first and second or first and third, they're not trading him.

warcrimes posted:

McKenzie has a long standing policy of not re-negotiating contracts or extension talks unless the player has reported. He did it with Donald Penn last year, who ended up holding out 30+ days but eventually showed up and got paid. Raiders also have a lot of leverage here, Mack is under contract this coming season and can be franchised until he's 30. Mack's agent, Joel Segal, has a history of contentious negotiations but Mack stands to lose roughly $800k a game and a year of FA eligibility if he misses actual games. The Raiders are about to become the only team in the league paying two guys $20m each so the "just pay the man" crowd needs to chill. This isn't an easy negotiation but I'm confident it will get done.

The Raiders are not trading Khalil Mack. Quote this when he's a Detroit Lion.

nerve posted:

how do you know that is where things are

warcrimes posted:

by listening to the guys who actually follow the team every day and aren't affiliated with the Raiders.

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
lol Raiders

lol warcrimes

l

o

l

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Volkerball posted:

That got debunked. They just didn't want to pay him. Is there a press conference or something. Explain yourselves.

This is Greg Gabe so could be rumor.
https://twitter.com/greggabe/status/1035879110587953152

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

sirtommygunn posted:

Yeah, I feel like this is a move I make if I'm the Packers or someone with a very real championship window. For a team like the Bears (or the Jets) who have a ton of holes across the roster? I'm not totally convinced it's a great idea. For the Bears, it's an awful big bet on Trubisky, who is rear end.

corn on the cop
Oct 12, 2012

Break what must be broken, once for all, that's all, and take the suffering on oneself.

― Corey Dostoyevsky

thank you for this

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Someone remind me where the limo driver was?

e: it was Detroit. Mack was shopped all around the NFC North apparently!

Grittybeard fucked around with this message at 14:33 on Sep 1, 2018

SirPablo
May 1, 2004

Pillbug
Thank God the Vikings have a great O-line.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Professor Funk posted:

Yeah, I feel like this is a move I make if I'm the Packers or someone with a very real championship window. For a team like the Bears (or the Jets) who have a ton of holes across the roster? I'm not totally convinced it's a great idea.

I agree. If the Packers had somehow dealt for Mack I would have just given up prognosticating on the team's front office moves for like the next five years and just gone full homer because look at what that roster could've done.

I'm not convinced Mack tips the scales for the Bears. He couldn't for the Raiders. But Vic Fangio is twice the coordinator Ken Norton is (and Guenther, for that matter). It could be enough to move them from 7-9 or 8-8 into wild card contention, especially if Trubisky progresses.

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
gently caress. gently caress. Should’ve given the 2 1s.

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Cool I guess I'm not watching football this year

warcrimes posted:

The Raiders are not trading Khalil Mack. Quote this when he's a Detroit Lion.

God I wish.

Paperback Writer
May 1, 2006

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It suddenly occurs to me that if that cash flow rumor is true, it means the Raiders chose Jon Gruden over Khalil Mack :lol:

Wait, that's the wrong one. How did it go, again? Ah, yes: :laffo:

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Gruden didn't want a competing star.

https://twitter.com/mikefreemanNFL/status/1035885164314935296

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Good for mack for getting out of a bad situation

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Ask me about how my football team's success determines my self worth, and how I wish I lived in New Orleans.
gently caress John Gruden

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless
He's probably going to go into the Hall of fame as a bear smh

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

I don't understand what Gruden's plan is.

He signed all these veterans to, presumably, win now and go into Vegas looking good.

Then he trades his best player and star attraction away for... futures?

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Gruden will never see Vegas.

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

SKULL.GIF posted:

I don't understand what Gruden's plan is.

He signed all these veterans to, presumably, win now and go into Vegas looking good.

Then he trades his best player and star attraction away for... futures?

this is the same man who cut the best punter in the league for "culture fit"

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012

weird Asian candy posted:

Gruden will never see Vegas.

What if that's the plan

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
Here's my impression of the bears now that they added Mack

*5-11*

weird Asian candy
Aug 23, 2005

Metapod posted:

What if that's the plan

Kinda feels that way eh?

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

same

Hand Row
May 28, 2001
Gruden was terrible when he had front office power. Glad to see that is continuing.

mastershakeman
Oct 28, 2008

by vyelkin

Doltos posted:

*5-11*

Half of last seasons wins plus 4 is the most reliable forecast, which is 6.5 (exactly what Vegas has). This might get them to 7 wahooo

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Doltos posted:

*5-11*

Yeah I'm more celebrating Mack being out of my division than I am thinking the Bears really pulled off a coup here that's going to be awesome for them. They'll definitely be better than they would have this year, quite possibly be better in the long run than they would have if they didn't make the trade. But it ain't like I see them making a lot of noise yet unless Nagy's a miracle worker.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Bosa Dead, Mack Gone, and Aguayo Kicking just means its Mahomes time to shine.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Still only 7 AM on the west coast

In about a couple hours we'll see some juicy takes.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Here is a funny thought: who is the best player on the Raiders roster now?

UnlimitedSpessmans
Jul 31, 2015

SHOAH NUFF posted:

carr until he is traded probably.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Just woke up a raiders fan goon with some texting. his response "oh wow" and "Yeah this isn't great."

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

The Gruden Era continues :laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Black Sunshine
Apr 4, 2004

LEFT 4 DEAD IS A LOT LIKE FOOTBALL - I JERK OFF TO BOTH

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Kelechi Osemele

• Locked thread