Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Here is a funny thought: who is the best player on the Raiders roster now?

A half-empty box of PF Chang's leftovers.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS

SHOAH NUFF posted:

Here is a funny thought: who is the best player on the Raiders roster now?

jordy

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

would die to see video of gruden justifying this

e:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1035893962224095234

Vertical Lime fucked around with this message at 15:18 on Sep 1, 2018

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
The Raiders fan in my work group chat is shaking this off by saying its a good deal since next years draft class is stacked at DE and the Raiders can move up to grab whoever they want with 2+ firsts

I don’t have the heart to tell him what position Mack plays

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
Could you imagine having a plan that is Derrick Carr will lead our team to victory? Raiders gotta raid.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Browns won the trade I guess

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

lol @ Corey Coleman

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If the raiders had a competent front office, they could trade these firsts in a series of cascading trades and set up a dynasty ala the Herschel Walker trade.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Mad as hell irl right now y’all.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

Mr. Nice! posted:

If the raiders had a competent front office, they could trade these firsts in a series of cascading trades and set up a dynasty ala the Herschel Walker trade.

If the Bears end up being “not rear end” (stop laughing) those aren’t goin to be valuable high first round picks they are working with.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Yeah I looked up the Herschel trade in case Warcrimes claimed this was like that. It was three firsts, three seconds, a third and a sixth, plus a few trash players that were immediately cut in order to lock in those picks since some were conditional if the players stayed on the Cowboys. In exchange for Herschel two thirds and a tenth.

MD2020
May 30, 2003

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
So whichever Raiders DE that was on the roster bubble is having a good morning.

kidcoelacanth
Sep 23, 2009

Remember like two years ago when the Raiders had a potentially MVP qb and actual hope for the future

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
I'm shocked that the raider brains were wrong and all the people saying this was real were right

solarjetman
Jan 27, 2001

Fun Shoe
So now, after having declared they don't want to pony up the cash for a star player, the Raiders are going to roll into the stadium in a city they are leaving in 2 years. In Cleveland and Houston in the 90s, it got pretty ugly toward the end of their tenure; at what point do the Oaklanders revolt?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

new season of GoT looking good.

MalarkeyToboggan
Jan 4, 2015

What if Gruden is deliberately sabotaging the raiders for trading him all those years ago? Hell hath no fury like a Gruden scorned.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Pops Mgee posted:

Mad as hell irl right now y’all.

I ain't mad. It's two firsts plus more stuff. Our two firsts in 2019 was pretty close to the maximum we could have paid, any more than that would have been exorbitant.

Just gotta hope Wilkerson puts in effort this season.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

That's such a weird trade in that the Raiders get demonstrably worse, and the Bears still suck and trade away their ability to cheaply get better.

Like who wins that?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

Metapod posted:

I'm shocked that the raider brains were wrong and all the people saying this was real were right

This could have been posted at any point in time since the Gruden contract details were revealed

And it's not gonna stop either lol buckle up yall

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

FizFashizzle posted:

That's such a weird trade in that the Raiders get demonstrably worse, and the Bears still suck and trade away their ability to cheaply get better.

Like who wins that?

Whomever ends up with the best player typically.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

FizFashizzle posted:

Like who wins that?

Maybe the Raiders still, two firsts is a big deal even if they're in the bottom half of the first round. Four first round picks over the next two seasons plus a whole lot of money freed up means they can do a Rams-style splash once they're actually in Vegas.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Gruden is going to grind his team down into his image

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/1035899847809925120

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

SKULL.GIF posted:

I ain't mad. It's two firsts plus more stuff. Our two firsts in 2019 was pretty close to the maximum we could have paid, any more than that would have been exorbitant.

Just gotta hope Wilkerson puts in effort this season.

It’s less that we didn’t get Mack, which don’t get me wrong I am disappointed about, it’s that he gets to tee off on Rodgers twice a year now.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Pops Mgee posted:

It’s less that we didn’t get Mack, which don’t get me wrong I am disappointed about, it’s that he gets to tee off on Rodgers twice a year now.

Yeah he's terrifying even if the rest of the defense sucks, I can attest to that.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
https://twitter.com/faux_gruden/status/1035878915229863936?s=21

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

RIP
https://twitter.com/FieldYates/status/1035901911994707969

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1035879885749727233?s=21

We've come a long way since the days of Ted Thompson saying a 4th rounder for Randy Moss was an overpay.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

:lol: still can't believe the bucs spent a 2nd on him.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009
wow, the afc west lost both Jake Bosa and Khalil Mack in the same offseason. good news for Alex Smith and Case Keenum.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
https://twitter.com/ArifHasanNFL/status/1035895559087943680?s=20

:laffo:

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!

WHOOPS posted:

wow, the afc west lost both Jake Bosa and Khalil Mack in the same offseason. good news for Alex Smith and Case Keenum.

Smith is in D.C. yo.

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

SKULL.GIF posted:

https://twitter.com/allbrightnfl/status/1035879885749727233?s=21

We've come a long way since the days of Ted Thompson saying a 4th rounder for Randy Moss was an overpay.

It's the battle of the insiders who have a history of making things up.
https://twitter.com/JasonLaCanfora/status/1035903029604765696

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

The bears are the worst team in the NFC North, the third or fourth best team in the BIG, and now they don't have first rounders until 2021 just so they could give the largest defensive contract in league history to a pass rusher, for the second time in 10 years.

Where's the fullback they're going to put on stage with him?

Also the season starts in 5 days. He doesn't know the playbook.

lmao just lmao they didn't want to put offset language in roquan's contract because of concerns over new tackling rules, but they're going to mortgage the future to rush a qb the league literally won't let be hit.

Yeah, that's fine. They just need bodies they can throw at the position at this point.

WHOOPS
Nov 6, 2009

Pops Mgee posted:

Smith is in D.C. yo.

oops, Patrick Mahomes*

Spring Break My Heart
Feb 15, 2012
Interesting

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Nagy doing his old team a solid favor

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I bet Mack's gotten fat too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Two first rounders, eh? I wonder what the Raiders could do with an extra two first rounders.

Oh.

• Locked thread