Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Klewer
Dec 26, 2012

uh... is the leak that one guy posted actually real? the first boss matches up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Klewer posted:

It would legit be amazing if he was actually right and the next raid tier goes full Taro.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

So I just did Sastasha as my daily Leveling duty and this dude in my party kept asking me "do you #maga" and then at the end of the dungeon he said "vote donald trump 2020."

The weird thing is that he asked me specifically, rather than the whole group. I hope that something about my character's appearance doesn't scream "will be receptive to trump."

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
I did DRK 70 at wearing ilvl 350 jewelry and weapon (pure Augmented Shire didn't count). Afterwards I feel like I've gotten my money's worth out of Stormblood, and then some.

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

Ytlaya posted:

I hope that something about my character's appearance doesn't scream "will be receptive to trump."

Are they white

isk
Oct 3, 2007

You don't want me owing you
2nd time I've heard about chuds in FFXIV. I kinda want to run into them in DF so I can bait them into saying something that leads to a suspension.

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Klewer posted:

Fingers are crossed. I really, really want it to be real, especially since Omega and the Nier Machines really do share ideals.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Top three songs on the ost as voted:

1: Wayward Daughter
2: Dragonsong
3: The Wyrms Tail/Rise (tied)

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
The leak that I read seemed to suggest that Adam/Eve was an original design rather than a NIER one. I kinda hope that's true - I want to see the encounter design team (who've done a real bangup job this expac so far) get to spread their wings and not be bound so much to a bunch of 20-year-old games. Alex, especially Creator, was totally batshit, and I'm hoping for similar from Alphascape.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
I'm still hoping we fight some final fantasy Heroes since Omega figured out that Heroes are the true powerhouses

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

BrightWing posted:

I feel like #1 was weighed heavily by when the poll was held. It's a good song but it's not the very best. :colbert:

And earlier did Matsuno say something about an extended version of the Ivalice raid? :ohdear:

Thundarr fucked around with this message at 07:01 on Sep 1, 2018

dmboogie
Oct 4, 2013

isk posted:

2nd time I've heard about chuds in FFXIV. I kinda want to run into them in DF so I can bait them into saying something that leads to a suspension.

there's a free company on excalibur that has the tag <MAGA> and it makes me sad every time i walk past one of its members

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't

FortMan
Jan 10, 2012

Viva Romanesco!

BrightWing posted:

Pa-paya got robbed, yo.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.
Agreed

The Grimace
Sep 18, 2005

Are you a BigMac of imbeciles!?

Sade posted:

The leak that I read seemed to suggest that Adam/Eve was an original design rather than a NIER one. I kinda hope that's true - I want to see the encounter design team (who've done a real bangup job this expac so far) get to spread their wings and not be bound so much to a bunch of 20-year-old games. Alex, especially Creator, was totally batshit, and I'm hoping for similar from Alphascape.

Yeah that's fair. I'm glad we're at least getting Chaos at this point. Whatever else they have planned is pretty much the icing on the cake for me.

I haven't been in game for a week because Pagos killed my will, probably gonna get on tomorrow or Sunday to start trying to find things to occupy myself while I wait for the... 18th? Ugh.

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich
Spellswords are basically my dream class. How does red mage play in reality?

Jandipoo
Mar 29, 2008

I am the great Cornholio!

Safeword posted:

Spellswords are basically my dream class. How does red mage play in reality?

90% ranged casting with occasional melee burst phases.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

FortMan posted:

Pa-paya got robbed, yo.

more like under the fuckin weight

Safeword
Jun 1, 2018

by R. Dieovich

Jandipoo posted:

90% ranged casting with occasional melee burst phases.

Aww, dammit.

Sade
Aug 3, 2009

Can't touch this.
No really, you can't
Paladin might be more what you're looking for, since it's mostly melee with a spellcasting burst phase.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?
They've added a ridiculous horse to mogstation for 24 bucks.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
Dark Knight is a lot more "spellsword" than Red Mage, and also it's the canonical chuuni class so it's better.

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

Ugh, I desperately want to replace my chocobo mount and that music, but I think the cloak on the horse would irritate me.

brainwrinkle
Oct 18, 2009

What's going on in here?
Buglord
The Laurel Goobbue mount music is quite soothing.

Plus you can sneeze on people

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Eltoasto posted:

Ugh, I desperately want to replace my chocobo mount and that music, but I think the cloak on the horse would irritate me.

You can at least turn the music off if you want.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Klewer posted:

I hope so because magitek knight would solve my tank choice paralysis real fast

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
YoshiP said the last cutscene of 4.4 made him tear up.

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

Mordiceius posted:

glad they're taking my advice and killing the warrior of light

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Mordiceius posted:

RIP Alphinaud.

Thundarr
Dec 24, 2002

Relax Or DIE posted:

glad they're taking my advice and killing all lalafell

itskage
Aug 26, 2003

isk posted:

Race baiter :v:

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Ytlaya posted:

How do you use your mouse? Was I actually correct about everyone but me having a third arm?
I don't use my mouse often, but if I have to I take my hand off the 10-key.

jalapeno_dude
Apr 10, 2015

FactsAreUseless posted:

I don't use my mouse often, but if I have to I take my hand off the 10-key.

I'm the exact opposite - I use 0 in combat and -/= for sprint/mount, and only take my hand off the mouse for that.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
YoshiP is not brave enough for VR.

https://twitter.com/pokona29/status/1035863751507959808

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord
Third hand goes in the Andy Capp Hot Fries bag. Never touches the keyboard or else you'll get fooddust everywhere.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

kirbysuperstar posted:

Are they white

Kinda, but pretty tan (sorta hard to tell from the lighting:

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDPy7FXQXIg

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

It's always interesting hearing regional differences of the same characters. Alisaie's VA and overall personality in the Western version always felt a bit snooty and refined, like she's subtly convinced she's just a little ahead of everyone else (except you, of course), whereas the Japanese VA sounds way more hotheaded and impetuous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Blockhouse posted:

I hope so because magitek knight would solve my tank choice paralysis real fast

what was said leak