Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I *think* this version of Redux might work, otherwise you could try trawling the forums for something. http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?board=4.0

E: looks like this thread even has a version from earlier this year http://bsnooch.com/forums/index.php?topic=1494.75

Mordja fucked around with this message at 19:12 on Aug 28, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShadowMar
Mar 2, 2010

HERE IS A
GRAVEYARD
OF YOU!

Yeah, those forums have a tool called SMOD Standalone to run SMOD without steam (still requires you to own the game legally) so that it can use a specific version of HL2 without worrying about new updates. I've used it to run several SMOD versions with minimal issues. It's not a simple installation for all of them unfortunately but you can figure things out from the forum posts.

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Got Redux running, so I'm a happy man. :toot:

Is there a way to merge the Half Life 2: Update graphics into this?

aniviron
Sep 11, 2014

sebmojo posted:

Minerva metastasis is great

Not seeing people seconding this, for some loving reason. It has its own Steam store page ( https://store.steampowered.com/app/235780/MINERVA/ it's free and a mod, but this makes it heckin' easy to download and play). It's not super long but the level design is phenomenal, and the story is pretty solid too. Valve hired the guy who made it. It's not super long, but it's quality all the way through. Go play it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I never finished it. The section with the power cables and the pendulum battering ram were obnoxiously maze like.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
https://www.nexusmods.com/newvegas/mods/65578

REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE posted:

Replaces the negative karma message, icon and sound.

A similar mod i uploaded was taken down, hopefully this will be less controversial.
Why have i done this? I love memes.
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

:thunk:

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498920421&searchtext=

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koV7ZZB2Ufw

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

Man even Tygan is judging the creator of this mod with that last line

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

"Finally, I can kill anime."

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Angry Diplomat posted:

For some reason "Missy's Shirts" is absolutely cracking me up. It's the perfect deadpan punchline.

This makes me want to feed a list of Nexus mods through a text to speech converter. The deadpan and phonetic nature of it would probably make for a few chuckles. Never mind highlight how ridiculous some of the adult ones are.

John Murdoch
May 19, 2009

I can tune a fish.

He had won the victory over himself. He loved memes.

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
I am morbidly curious what the project complete text looks like

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

The modder included reward text and :allbuttons:.

drkeiscool
Aug 1, 2014
Soiled Meat

marathon Stairmaster sesh posted:

The modder included reward text and :allbuttons:.

you can't just leave us hanging like that

marathon Stairmaster sesh
Apr 28, 2009

ALL HAIL CEO NUGGET
1988-PRESENT

Okay but I warned you.

the strikeout part https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1498920421&searchtext= wasn't added by me in a horrified reaction. I hate this mod and everything it stands for. posted:

Reward

Advent Puella Magi must do two dissections because of the specificity of her soul and body being separated. You will learn about the girl in the first anatomy, and in the second 'interrogation' will find out about an unidentified mascot who has led her to a miserable fate. - In conclusion, you can create two new items through Advent Puella Magi Corpse.

1. Homecoming Package

"This innocent girl was sacrificed at the war between XCOM and Elder. With the help of an appropriate source of information and the black market, we will be able to graciously return her body to her grieving family - and help her rebuild her life insurance system by disturbing the life insurance system of ADVENT."

-YAP. IT IS THE COFFIN FOR GIRLS. Allows you to sell Advent Puella Magi Corpse for 60 credits in exchange for a small amount of information. Homecoming Package is unlocked through the first Autopsy. 

2. Artificial Griff Seed

"With the help Our Adjutant incubator- we can create a device that 'purifies' the soul with the collected 'Emotional' energy. When used on a soldier who does not have Psionic aptitude, temporary concentration and reflexes can be expected to rise.However, Psionic users are expected to have a more unique effect."

-Artificial Griff Seed allows the soldier to resume his of her action immediately. If the soldier has a Focus like a templer, then Focus Point is also obtained. Think of it as a mana potion for templars. 

Artificial Griff Seed is unlocked through the second Autopsy. And because of the nature of the mascot, Psionic studies must be completed to implement this Autopsy. (= Generally, they do not reveal themselves unless their opponent is a little girl.)

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??
How does someone obsess over the specifics of killing and dissecting a little girl this much without imploding into a singularity of disgust

Like god drat I know we've seen a lot of hosed up poo poo in this thread but this one is really getting to me

Danaru fucked around with this message at 00:12 on Sep 4, 2018

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug
Because females aren't people and don't have feelings. We're just objects to project obsessions on!

:smith:

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Danaru posted:

Like god drat I know we've seen a lot of hosed up poo poo in this thread but this one is really getting to me

The whole thing is apparently a big reference at an anime that's basically a dystopian version of magical girls where all of the main cast (not sure why I'm spoiling this, but to be safe) are sent on suicide missions by their alien masters where the fate of every one of them is eventually turn into a powerful monster (to be put down by other magical girls) so that the aliens can harvest energy created by pure despair. The girls (and it's only girls) do not know any of this, of course.

So, yeah, that hosed up mod appears to recreate the tone of the source material pretty well.

Mokinokaro fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Sep 4, 2018

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

POOL IS CLOSED posted:

Because females aren't people and don't have feelings. We're just objects to project obsessions on!

:smith:

Objection! The author clearly recognizes your feelings; it says so right there in the autopsy about your "emotional energy."

Hemingway To Go!
Nov 10, 2008

im stupider then dog shit, i dont give a shit, and i dont give a fuck, and i will never shut the fuck up, and i'll always Respect my enemys.
- ernest hemingway

Mokinokaro posted:

The whole thing is apparently a big reference at an anime that's basically a dystopian version of magical girls where all of the main cast (not sure why I'm spoiling this, but to be safe) are sent on suicide missions by their alien masters where the fate of every one of them is eventually turn into a powerful monster (to be put down by other magical girls) so that the aliens can harvest energy created by pure despair. The girls (and it's only girls) do not know any of this, of course.

So, yeah, that hosed up mod appears to recreate the tone of the source material pretty well.

the theme of the anime isn't "jack off to these girls suffering". it's clear you are supposed to have empathy for the characters as a viewer, and the world ends up changing for the better at the end against impossible odds by a brilliant and decisive choice by the protagonist, who does not even have powers. The empathy you think the show is making fun of is actually the only thing that stops a cycle that is shown to be unstoppable by aggression.
The girls don't even physically suffer that much, as they do not feel pain and can survive poo poo no human could, and this dipshit calls them "fragile". Like, does this look like a fragile, suffering waif.

however, I cannot deny that there's a large group of idiots that got out of it "jack off to these girls suffering" and there have been rip offs that capitalized on that directly and have no other content besides girls suffering and never actually overcoming anything or having any kind of positive take away, because there's lots of males are stupid, weak, pointless in existence and alone in life, who think everything should revolve around their dick. I don't think that means no one should ever make anything where girls suffer but eventually overcome difficult odds because some idiot will jack off to it.

I do think that people like that mod author should suffer horribly. I would find that really uplifting.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Hemingway To Go! posted:

the theme of the anime isn't "jack off to these girls suffering". it's clear you are supposed to have empathy for the characters as a viewer, and the world ends up changing for the better at the end against impossible odds by a brilliant and decisive choice by the protagonist, who does not even have powers. The empathy you think the show is making fun of is actually the only thing that stops a cycle that is shown to be unstoppable by aggression.
The girls don't even physically suffer that much, as they do not feel pain and can survive poo poo no human could, and this dipshit calls them "fragile". Like, does this look like a fragile, suffering waif.

however, I cannot deny that there's a large group of idiots that got out of it "jack off to these girls suffering" and there have been rip offs that capitalized on that directly and have no other content besides girls suffering and never actually overcoming anything or having any kind of positive take away, because there's lots of males are stupid, weak, pointless in existence and alone in life, who think everything should revolve around their dick. I don't think that means no one should ever make anything where girls suffer but eventually overcome difficult odds because some idiot will jack off to it.

I do think that people like that mod author should suffer horribly. I would find that really uplifting.

cool thanks for the wall of text about cartoon children

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
Hey, guys, excited for a fully polygonal (old)Doom?

:barf:

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

Mordja posted:

Hey, guys, excited for a fully polygonal (old)Doom?

:barf:

Throw in the Hdoom enemies and sex animations and then maybe we'll talk

EDIT: or can we keep the sex animations with the old enemies? :thunk:

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008

Danaru posted:

How does someone obsess over the specifics of killing and dissecting a little girl this much without imploding into a singularity of disgust

On the one hand, I can definitely respect that. On the other hand, I will never, ever stop finding the occasional video like this one absolutely hilarious.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9vupRn3PJvg

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Backhand posted:

On the one hand, I can definitely respect that. On the other hand, I will never, ever stop finding the occasional video like this one absolutely hilarious.

I do love MGSV for that.

Yeah sure don't kill them but shoot as many beanbags into their face as you want.

POOL IS CLOSED
Jul 14, 2011

I'm just exploding with mackerel. This is the aji wo kutta of my discontent.
Pillbug

marshmallow creep posted:

Objection! The author clearly recognizes your feelings; it says so right there in the autopsy about your "emotional energy."

Recognizes that our feelings are a fictional source of power for an overwhelmingly superior entity to exploit by transforming samples of our larval stage into monstrous beings, then killing em, extracting their souls, and scraping out the last residues from the husk.

Wait uhhh I take back the larval bit, you didn't see that!!!

Has anyone got DOOM to run on a Roomba?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I do love MGSV for that.

Yeah sure don't kill them but shoot as many beanbags into their face as you want.

It's like Hitman, where you can non-lethally knockout people by conking them on the head with a hammer or a cannonball.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I do love MGSV for that.

The weirdest thing is that you can use literally all the non-lethal things you have except for the choke. I'm assuming that's because they hadn't animated that when it was released or never planned to but still, "Don't choke them Snake, throw them headfirst into the ground, that's much safer."

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Backhand posted:

To be fair, LiquidEli deserves it for being a poo poo. Second most deserving in the game after Huey.

Mordja
Apr 26, 2014

Hell Gem
I beat MGSV very recently and, outside of Rising, it's the only one I've really played. Was Huey as much of a spineless monster in Peacewalker?

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Mordja posted:

I beat MGSV very recently and, outside of Rising, it's the only one I've really played. Was Huey as much of a spineless monster in Peacewalker?

In Peacewalker Huey was basically Otacon except instead of anime he creeped on Strangelove.

Brainamp
Sep 4, 2011

More Zen than Zenyatta

Mordja posted:

Spineless, yes. Monster, less so.

Backhand
Sep 25, 2008
Spineless yes, monster not so much.

It's unclear if they just didn't flesh out his ammoral aspect enough in Peacewalker or if they decided to alter his character for MGS5, but in either case, he didn't really do anything evil.

EDIT: Beaten to the punch. But yeah, for what it's worth, he was defnitely at least spineless even back then.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I haven't played any other Metal Gear, but I watched Chip & Ironicus play them. And by my understanding, Huey was made into a poo poo head mostly between Peace Walker and MGSV, at least going by the LORE of the games.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Huey was a worm in Peace Walker, but it was only in The Phantom Pain that he became a contemptible worm.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I never played Peace Walker, so Phantom Pain is my only exposure to Huey.

I loving hate Huey.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Bongo Bill posted:

Huey was a worm in Peace Walker, but it was only in The Phantom Pain that he became a contemptible worm.

Even a worm will turn

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Other than being a bit of a pansy I never entirely got why I'm supposed to dislike him. He's been captured by people who communicate mostly through torture, considering who he's talking to he's remarkably cooperative and good spirited, compared to your guys who need a car battery and jumper cables to say hello.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Did you forget the murder and throwing everyone under the bus and turning people into zombies and nearly every single thing that goes wrong on the base is entirely his fault?

Also what, your guys are always super psyched to see you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojVRmjUQKBE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Synthbuttrange posted:

Did you forget the murder and throwing everyone under the bus and turning people into zombies and nearly every single thing that goes wrong on the base is entirely his fault?

Literally all I got from his plot is that we nabbed him having previously worked with him, assumed he was responsible for blowing up the base on the basis that he was kidnapped rather than killed, tortured him a bunch, then told him to start developing weapons for us. Everyone else on the base comes off as having some weird pathological obsession with murdering/torturing/generally doing violence at people because it's literally the only way they interact with anyone.

I didn't play peace walker but I'm really not sure why I'm supposed to like him less than the people who apparently invented war profiteering. And given that I can only assume that the workplace environment hasn't changed a great deal, I'm frankly amazed that their old base didn't get blown up sooner given their HR policy.

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 04:32 on Sep 4, 2018