Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Mulderman posted:

It's such a dirty and lovely move! It's perfect! I love these guys and their underhanded methods

Our protagonists are a bunch of shameless cheating weasels and it's great.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Dr. Ow My Stones

Rand Brittain
Mar 25, 2013

"Go on until you're stopped."
Anyway, the first English volume comes out this week, for those who are interested.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
even better, the one who got hit in the nuts was a cop.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

even better, the one who got hit in the nuts was a cop.

He was clearly a bent copper so it's all good.

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
Ironic that in the world without rules and the strong rule all that there would be a fuckin cop

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
Tsukasa: "The old world was ruined by corrupt, self-perpetuating systems of authority we don't need anymore."

Also Tsukasa: *Releases the one cop in Japan who actually shot somebody.*

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
well, he wanted an amoral enforcer who would oppress the weak and fellate the strong. tsukasa's a clever boy.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
I want them to poison him so he's not a super human because that's really dumb

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Jose posted:

I want them to poison him so he's not a super human because that's really dumb

everyone from the past is basically superhuman

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Well they jus confirmed that causually bringing down a tree is just a thing fit people can do in this world. Tsukasa and Kinrou did it.

LordNagash
Dec 29, 2012
I mean, Tsukasa and his gang need to be superhumans because otherwise Senku won in the first like 5 chapters when he had already reinvented the crossbow.

In the real world he could just make one for everyone in the village and it would make them basically invincible against any makeshift weapons the other side could put together.

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

I mean Senku just doesn't like killing, he does have all the resources he needs to make a functional rifle right now, and it has been stated that Tsukasa as superhuman as he is, would go down to a real gun.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
killing tsukasa would make him a martyr. he has to be defeated, not killed. the battle isn't physical, it is a propaganda war about the value of civilization.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009
New chapter and

She’s been doing that under Tsukasa’s nose this whole time?!

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
Here is a link https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/dr-stone/en/0/73/page/1

This page is great.

Love how Gen's crack scar turns into a grin.

Darth TNT
Sep 20, 2013
I never even noticed that Gens scar looked liked a mouth before. :aaa:

They really want to hammer home that our protagonists aren't good and pure do they?

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

that is such a great page

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

I do like that this gives us some insight on why Ukyo has done all of this. He's not really allied himself with Tsukasa or Senku. He saw Yuzuriha as someone amazingly kind and determined to save others. He knows she's friends with Senku, so now he wants to get a handle on what kind of a person Senku really is.

I'm speculating that maybe Ukyo has a family member whose statue was destroyed by Tsukasa, but he knows he's not strong enough to avenge them. So maybe Yuzuriha put them together and gave him hope again.

ConanThe3rd posted:

She’s been doing that under Tsukasa’s nose this whole time?!

I think it's as Nikki said. Tsukasa got used to being the top dog around. He knows he's got Nikki and Ukyo to guard Yuzuriha and Taiju, so he's entirely focused on the danger Senku brings to his kingdom. He honestly didn't imagine Yuzuriha could pull something like this off, or that Ukyo could have kept her secret like he did.

MonsterEnvy posted:

This page is great.

I really like Senku's expression here. The way one of his eyes is cast in shadow while the other looks so torn hammer home that he really hates giving the others false hope like this.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Holy loving poo poo Senku! That's insane! And it's nice to see Yuzuriha is just as much of a talented monster as her buddies.

Can Of Worms
Sep 4, 2011

That's not how the Triangle Attack works...

Darth TNT posted:

I never even noticed that Gens scar looked liked a mouth before. :aaa:
Gen's scar changes shape repeatedly throughout the chapter, it's a neat detail from the artist that reflects his duplicity.

where the red fern gropes
Aug 24, 2011

gen is a triple agent for the americans

think about it, there's no way tsukasa would revive somebody that weak

Leroy Dennui
Aug 9, 2014

Gina McCarthy made us gay,
but we would not have met
had Biden not dropped his cones
:gaysper::frogbon:
Mentally called Yuzuriha's secret nigh-impossible mission over a year ago, WOO

(I completely forgot about it, though)

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you
chappy https://readms.net/r/dr_stone/074/5341/1

Mikl
Nov 8, 2009

Vote shit sandwich or the shit sandwich gets it!
Whoa drat :stare:

poo poo is about to go down.

DizzyBum
Apr 16, 2007

Hahaha holy poo poo I already can't wait for next week

Tsukasa's reaction to finding the buried phone is too perfect.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i'm really glad taiju is back. i think having a guy around who simultaneously knows what a smartphone is and is still as dumb as a caveman is going to be a great dynamic to team science village

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Hell, I'm glad we never had to have a "Taiju in Tsukasa's camp" arc.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Patware posted:

i'm really glad taiju is back. i think having a guy around who simultaneously knows what a smartphone is and is still as dumb as a caveman is going to be a great dynamic to team science village

can't wait for him to be outsmarted by Chrome.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

will chrome and taiju get in a rivalry over the Senku's Best Friend spot or do you think they can share

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Patware posted:

Yeah that'll rule

I'm assuming we'd have heard if this was the end of the series so I'm excited to see post Tsukasa or how this will continue on.

e: Still believe Taiju will throw a punch and it will rule

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
taiju can't throw a punch, because if he did it would depetrify everyone on the planet and then where would the manga be?

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Ya but then when they're conscious again they lose it at how dope it was and re-petrify

I also wasn't expecting the Hyoga angle and I'm super keen to see where it goes and how it works out. He also works as a good foil to show that Tsukasa isn't just a bastard though I think the manga had set that up well to begin with.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

the only one that's gonna be petrified is tsukasa

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Boichi tends to have very samey character faces especially for women but I've really liked his character designs in Dr. Stone for the most part. Ukyo is a really neat design and fits his character so well personality wise as well as how they move and fight imo.

Manatee Cannon posted:

the only one that's gonna be petrified is tsukasa

I actually forgot how nervous he looks there, is there any other time he's looked so uncollected?

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

why just this most recent chapter

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's the expression of "Wait, he built a radio and smuggled it this close to our base?"

Sort of like Gen's balance of loyalty shifting in the "Oh, you've got some iron, is that going to be a knife... a power generator!?"

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.
It's a little thing, but I like that Tsukasa takes the deaths of his men seriously. He even remembered their names.

His society was always doomed to fail in a Conan-esque cycle, but it gives a little more credence to him as a character.

EmmyOk
Aug 11, 2013

Bad Seafood posted:

It's a little thing, but I like that Tsukasa takes the deaths of his men seriously. He even remembered their names.

His society was always doomed to fail in a Conan-esque cycle, but it gives a little more credence to him as a character.

Ya, the contrast between him and Hyoga was really stark there and makes Tsukasa much more compelling. I need to reread his introductory chapters when he imagined himself as friends with Senku.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Elfgames
Sep 11, 2011

Fun Shoe

Bad Seafood posted:

this isn't true at all really, he isn't against science or progress he just wants to start the world over instead of bringing back the baby boomers