Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
What welfare CEs and servants will help support her?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gloomy Rube
Mar 4, 2008

W.T. Fits posted:

Friends, friends, please.

At the end of the day, when everything is said and done, and all the arguments have come to their conclusion, I believe the one truth we can all agree on is that Crispix is the best breakfast cereal currently on the market.

Crispix didn't get a doom clone, making Corn Chex the true king of cereals

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

vulturesrow posted:

Skill Priority is 1 > 2 > 3, since getting to her NP is important and the second increases her damage, though her third skill is decent too.

Her NP gain is insane, but her stargen isnt great even with three quick cards. Her best gimmick is looping her NP to overlap the attack buff from it. As such, she likes things that increase her NP damage and NP gain.

Wolves of Mibu is a CE available from GudaGuda 2017's event shop, which will run at the start of next year. It boosts Buster and Quick performance, so it both boosts her NP damage and makes her stargen mildly competent, especially with the additional 4 stars per turn.

Halloween Princess and Little Halloween Princess are both available during Halloween 2016, which will be rerun in about a month. They both exclusively buff NP-based stats, which Carmilla obviously loves. One of these is from the event shop. I forget which one.

Holy Night Reading will be available during the upcoming Christmas event, and is another NP gain + NP Strength CE.

Cute Orangette will be available during Valentine's 2017, and is the same stats as Holy Night Reading but slightly better.

If you need the absolute most budget CE possible, MLB Dragonkin.

In terms of support, she likes anyone that can make more stars on top of hers, directly buff her stats, or help her NP gain. Hans with his three arts cards opens up some Arts Chains with her one arts card, buffs her crit damage, makes stars for her, and his NP gives a lot of buffs. Cursed Arm Hassan is a good budget stargenner, and can make use of the stars she makes with his crit strength up skill. Merlin and Waver are Merlin and Waver, if you grab them off support.

Endorph fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Sep 1, 2018

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

vulturesrow posted:

Shakespeare is a great support for her due to his buster boost and np charge/stardrop buff, otherwise you could use a more traditional star generating support like Hans. Caesar also has a really good support kit that would boost her overall damage, NP, and crit damage. With CEs i'd probably focus more on boosting NP strength or buster effectiveness, but you could also go with quick effectiveness or NP gain. Kaleid Ruby from the current even would be a great one for both buster and NP strength.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

vulturesrow posted:

She's a pretty good buster servant, and she can gen her NP pretty good on her own too. She has anti-male on her NP too which is nice. For CEs, Buster effectiveness/crit strength like Victor of the Moon is ideal. Starting NP, attack up, crit star manipulation etc, she can take advantage of a lot.

For support, friend Wavers with the 2030 CE is best, gives you NP, damage, defense and crits. For 3* and below support you can bring, Hans will help her even more with crits. Shakespeare can provide an OK buster support. Leonidas can tank and give buster support. Cu and Ushiwakamaru will be valuable secondary attackers, Cu because he's insanely good, Ushi because she covers Carmilla's caster weakness.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

drat, wolves of mibu OP

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

EGSunBro posted:

She's a pretty good buster servant, and she can gen her NP and stars pretty good on her own too. She has anti-male on her NP too which is nice. For CEs, Buster effectiveness/crit strength like Victor of the Moon is ideal. Starting NP, attack up etc, she can take advantage of a lot.

For support, friend Wavers with the 2030 CE is best, gives you NP, damage, defense and crits. For 3* and below support you can bring, Hans will help her even more with crits. Shakespeare can provide an OK buster support. Leonidas can tank and give buster support. Cu and Ushiwakamaru will be valuable secondary attackers, Cu because he's insanely good, Ushi because she covers Carmilla's caster weakness.
Ushi also boosts her NP gain and makes stars after her own NP, so there's some synergy there.

Liffrea
Jun 16, 2013

Your gacha-bragging struck a nerve and accidentally set off my self-defense instincts. Sorry about that.

EGSunBro posted:

She's a pretty good buster servant, and she can gen her NP pretty good on her own too. She has anti-male on her NP too which is nice. For CEs, Buster effectiveness/crit strength like Victor of the Moon is ideal. Starting NP, attack up, crit star manipulation etc, she can take advantage of a lot.

Carmilla has anti-female bonus on her NP, not anti-male.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

dogsicle posted:

drat, wolves of mibu OP
It's a good CE on pretty much every QQABB servant in the game. I run it on Danzou.

EGSunBro
Nov 1, 2012

PEPSI FOR TV-GAME

Liffrea posted:

Carmilla has anti-female bonus on her NP, not anti-male.

oh yeah duh, you're right. I even thought "its the same type of boost as Jack" and still got it wrong.

Rorahusky
Nov 12, 2012

Transform and waaauuuugh out!
Hans is always good regardless. His NP is sick once you NP5 it, and all his skills are good. Full Party Crit Buff for 3 turns, an NP charge that can give him up to 75% charge in one go, and a skill that generates Crit Stars for 3 turns.

Rorahusky fucked around with this message at 21:01 on Sep 1, 2018

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Nerofest next week.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Definitely try to get Halloween Princess from the Event shop when the time comes. It served me very well on my Camilla. I only got it to level 99, just need more exp bombs to host all these Magical Ruby CEs. And yes, NPQB chain is a very satisfying hit against an enemy. Drops defense and then you finished on a Buster+ bonus.

^^^^^^^^
Oh boy, I can finally MLB my leftover Nightless Rose. It's not a good CE but I have MLBs of all the previous (free) event CEs. :neckbeard:

Blight Runner fucked around with this message at 23:16 on Sep 1, 2018

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Blight Runner posted:

Definitely try to get Halloween Princess from the Event shop when the time comes. It served me very well on my Camilla. I only got it to level 99, just need more exp bombs to host all these Magical Ruby CEs. And yes, NPQB chain is a very satisfying hit against an enemy. Drops defense and then you finished on a Buster+ bonus.

Halloween Princess was good at the time, but I'm not sure it's something I'd spend apples for or level any more even if you missed Golden Sumo. Not having a pure attack stat really hurts it compared to something like Joint Recital.

Blight Runner posted:

^^^^^^^^
Oh boy, I can finally MLB my leftover Nightless Rose. It's not a good CE but I have MLBs of all the previous (free) event CEs. :neckbeard:

Hope you've got a lot of rare prisms, then, because you'll need them. Five per copy, IIRC?

NRVNQSR fucked around with this message at 23:23 on Sep 1, 2018

UHD
Nov 11, 2006

Tae posted:

Nerofest next week.

yay maybe she can come home :3:

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
I worked out the math and assuming you have both Halloween Princess and Golden Sumo at level 100, Golden Sumo will still deal more damage because +2000 attack is such a huge wall to overcome.

TheFireMagi
Nov 6, 2011

...She's behind me, isn't she?

Blight Runner posted:

^^^^^^^^

Each Nerofes has different CEs because they're new events, not reruns. You won't be able to MLB Nightless Rose from this.

Alard
Sep 4, 2011

But that requires me to actually get a CE up to 100, and screw that.

Motto
Aug 3, 2013

Nightless Rose isn't even good afaik. Just a guts CE effect that's also attached to the new one (maybe a *little* worse, but 500 vs 1 isn't significant).

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...

W.T. Fits posted:

Friends, friends, please.

At the end of the day, when everything is said and done, and all the arguments have come to their conclusion, I believe the one truth we can all agree on is that Crispix is the best breakfast cereal currently on the market.

what the gently caress i will END YOU

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Motto posted:

Nightless Rose isn't even good afaik. Just a guts CE effect that's also attached to the new one (maybe a *little* worse, but 500 vs 1 isn't significant).

it definitely lives up to being the first guts CE, since almost all the subsequent ones have additional effects that make them better like np gain (Lifesavers), starting np (upcoming one), or np strength (next nerofes).

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
Thankfully I only need a little less than 200 homunculus babies for all the Servants I have and want. This gets screwed up if I get Enkidu, which, while I want him, I don't expect to get him when rolling for Cas Gil. I've already accepted that I can't clear the Prisma shop, since I'm unwilling to spend too many apples right now, so I'm picking and choosing which mats to go for and which to drop.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello

NRVNQSR posted:

Halloween Princess was good at the time, but I'm not sure it's something I'd spend apples for or level any more even if you missed Golden Sumo. Not having a pure attack stat really hurts it compared to something like Joint Recital.

Also, Brave Hero Eli-chan CE is free in the next Halloween event. The next 3 events are going to have some of the best free 5* CE's in the game, so don't feel too bad if you don't MLB one of them. Christmas rerun also has the Jeanne Quick CE for free if you missed MLB'ing that last year.

Blight Runner
May 3, 2009
Oh, it's not a re-run? Well nevermind then. And good point about Halloween Princess, since there are other NP generation CEs that have dropped since then.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

halloween princess is free, not that hard to mlb, and you have multiple servants in a party and on your support list so it being worse than the literal best CE in the game isn't some black mark against it

NRVNQSR
Mar 1, 2009

Endorph posted:

halloween princess is [...] not that hard to mlb

The many people who failed to do so last year would disagree with you there. If you get a fifth copy then great, you should use it, but I'd say it's a mistake to drop twenty apples scrounging for it at this point when there are so many good CEs coming out around the same time.

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

And remember my question is coming from a guy who has literally nothing. :)

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

So what's Umufest going to be like?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Dawgstar posted:

So what's Umufest going to be like?

the gimmicks of nerofest are

1) an infinitely refilling lottery like the jalter event had
2) extremey difficult, extremely gimmicky challenge quests that reward summon tickets

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Thank you to the goon with archer Artoria and lancer Kiyohime, both were instrumental for me to get Chloe. I got her to NP3, which is as much as I can be bothered getting from this event.

What stuff's coming up that I should save quartz for? I've got at least one serviceable servant in every class, except maybe saber.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Nerofest has Bride Nero, there should be another Jalter banner, Halloween will have Vlad Extra, and then the end of the year is a total clusterfuck of good servants with Ishtar, the Babylonia banners, Merlin, and Musashi.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

dogsicle posted:

Nerofest has Bride Nero, there should be another Jalter banner, Halloween will have Vlad Extra, and then the end of the year is a total clusterfuck of good servants with Ishtar, the Babylonia banners, Merlin, and Musashi.

That sounds... expensive.

Dryzen
Jul 23, 2011

Endorph posted:

the gimmicks of nerofest are

1) an infinitely refilling lottery like the jalter event had
2) extremey difficult, extremely gimmicky challenge quests that reward summon tickets

3) umus

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
other servants are not important

Compendium
Jun 18, 2013

M-E-J-E-D

Clawtopsy posted:

other servants are not important

That's not what the extra 100+ quartz I got for doing all the strengthening quests tells me

Lord of Pie
Mar 2, 2007

Compendium posted:

That's not what the extra 100+ quartz I got for doing all the strengthening quests tells me

better start genuinely desiring some 3* craft essences to throw off the desire sensor

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
Did a yolo roll on the Story banner, got a NP2 Beowulf.

Plutonis
Mar 25, 2011

dogsicle posted:

You forgot Grandpa

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

So how important is getting through the main quest? Is that what I should be focusing on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Successfully reunited a family today. :unsmith:

Perhaps next is the “African Cousin”.