Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
I also dropped my kicker earlier to grab him and now don't know if i even have space to keep him.

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Any ideas or am i still just gonna end up dropping morris?

edit: added starting RB/WRs

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 01:33 on Sep 2, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Silly Burrito posted:

Let this be the only RB sacrificed to the football gods, please.

Guice, McKinnon; they comes in threes

:doink:

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

I also dropped my kicker earlier to grab him and now don't know if i even have space to keep him.

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

I would order the RBs as such in 1ppr:

,,, > Collins > Coleman > CThomp > Alf

On your team, he’s trade bait. See if you can get the McKinnon owner to trade a WR better than Crowder.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Suave Fedora posted:

I would order the RBs as such in 1ppr:

,,, > Collins > Coleman > CThomp > Alf

On your team, he’s trade bait. See if you can get the McKinnon owner to trade a WR better than Crowder.

Yea that's what i was thinking but he's pretty thin at WR also, only having 4 which are Beckham, Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, and Rishard Matthews. I don't think he'd give up Beckham or Adams.

His RB's now are downright mediocre with only Dion Lewis, Beast Mode, and RoJo left.

Not sure if i want to target Sanders?

DeadMansSuspenders
Jan 10, 2012

I wanna be your left hand man

Suave Fedora posted:

Guice, McKinnon; they comes in threes

:doink:

Week 1 of regular season the fantasy gods set the injury slider up to 95.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

VietCampo posted:

Yea that's what i was thinking but he's pretty thin at WR also, only having 4 which are Beckham, Davante Adams, Emmanuel Sanders, and Rishard Matthews. I don't think he'd give up Beckham or Adams.

His RB's now are downright mediocre with only Dion Lewis, Beast Mode, and RoJo left.

Not sure if i want to target Sanders?

Sanders would be the most likely offer and my target. While he would get the better of the deal, it’s not by a huge margin. You have to decide if improving your WR depth is worth improving his starting roster.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
One thing I just looked up when considering Alf vs. Breida..
Breida had a 58.3% catch rate last year and Alf is career 69% (nice). Because Breida is small people pencil him in as a receiving type back but hes not good at that.

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde
I remember picking up Morris when Zeke got suspended last year and gently caress adding a RB in a committee situation again

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

VietCampo posted:

bench is currently
Tevin Coleman
Garcon
Chris Thompson
Crowder
Alex Collins
Alfred Morris

1 PPR

Dalvin Cook
Saquon Barkley
TY Hilton
Adam Thielan
Brandin Cooks

I’m dropping Chris Thompson or Garcon over a NFL starting RB.

Alf gonna be the workhorse now in SF.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Alfalfa posted:

In 1ppr Chris Thompson was kingly last season and they are already down their starter in WAS.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Someone in my 1 PPR league dropped Kerryon Johnson to pick up Breida. Worth dropping CJ Anderson or an end-of-bench WR for Kerryon? I've currently got:

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Jamaal Williams, CJ Anderson
WR: Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Kenny Stills, Tyrell Williams, Chris Godwin, John Brown
TE: Gronk
D/ST: Saints
K:

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
CJA for Kerryon is a move you make 1,000 times out of 1,000. Your WRs are weaker than your RBs so you need every single one of those dart throws.

Though I'd worry about getting a week 1 qb first.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

on the bored wop posted:

Someone in my 1 PPR league dropped Kerryon Johnson to pick up Breida. Worth dropping CJ Anderson or an end-of-bench WR for Kerryon? I've currently got:

QB: Carson Wentz
RB: Ezekiel Elliott, Leonard Fournette, Mark Ingram, Jamaal Williams, CJ Anderson
WR: Jarvis Landry, Corey Davis, Robby Anderson, Kenny Stills, Tyrell Williams, Chris Godwin, John Brown
TE: Gronk
D/ST: Saints
K:

Do it. Kerryon is looking at everything but short yardage which will get vultured by Blount. His upside is way beyond Brieda right now.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

Spoeank posted:

CJA for Kerryon is a move you make 1,000 times out of 1,000. Your WRs are weaker than your RBs so you need every single one of those dart throws.

Though I'd worry about getting a week 1 qb first.

Also a kicker.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

Yea i'm stashing Thompson in hopes he returns to form because he's gonna be cash in 1 ppr. You'd drop Garcon before Crowder? If i couldn't work out a trade i was thinking about cutting Crowder since he'd only see the starting lineup probably during byes or if injuries piled up.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

VietCampo posted:

Yea i'm stashing Thompson in hopes he returns to form because he's gonna be cash in 1 ppr. You'd drop Garcon before Crowder? If i couldn't work out a trade i was thinking about cutting Crowder since he'd only see the starting lineup probably during byes or if injuries piled up.

I’m a crowder homer and even more so this year with check down smith leading the charge. He’s the WR1 for wash. Garcon is WR2 in SF and old lol.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Just wait until San Fran picks up someone like Jonathan Williams and throws this whole thing to hell.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010

Alfalfa posted:

I’m a crowder homer and even more so this year with check down smith leading the charge. He’s the WR1 for wash. Garcon is WR2 in SF and old lol.

Fair point on Smith, though Crowder was also the WR1 for Wash last year and didn't do enough to make me start him much, i grabbed him last year thinking the same thing. Don't even think he cracked my starting lineup more than once last year.

Hopefully it's all moot and i can work out a trade in the next few days.

VietCampo fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Sep 2, 2018

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Ches Neckbeard posted:

Do it. Kerryon is looking at everything but short yardage which will get vultured by Blount. His upside is way beyond Brieda right now.

man, what? Did Theo Riddick die? Kerry hasn’t taken passing down work from him yet.

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Tavon Austin was drafted this evening.

It was not the last pick of this team. It was not within the last 4 plus picks of this team.

That is all

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007
Dr. Strangedraft: or How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Auction

I typically snake draft, but I figured I'd try auction for once. I used Beersheets, ESPN standard public league, $200 budget:

QB: M. Stafford ($1), Handsome Jimmy ($1)
RB: Le'Veon Bell ($65), Todd Gurley ($59), Adrian Peterson ($1), Alfred Morris ($1), Bilal Powell ($1), Nick Chubb ($1)
WR: AJ Green ($36), Doug Baldwin ($21), Nelson Agholor ($1), John Ross ($1), Calvin Ridley ($1)
TE: Delanie Walker ($8)
DST: Chargers ($1)
K: Jake Elliott ($1)

I didn't intend to get two of the top three RBs, but the prices were right. Handsome Jimmy was an autodraft because I didn't nominate someone in time, and Delanie Walker was kind of me price enforcing, but I don't regret it too much. I accidentally ended up going studs and duds and flex might be an issue to fill, but I figure between Peterson/Morris/Powell I should have a decent flex option (I was honestly surprised I got Morris, people knew that McKinnon is out but no one called me on Morris even though people had money left over). I mean, it's a public league so take it with a grain of salt, but I'm feeling pretty good about this whole thing.

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)
I lose my keeper after this year and spent my last pick on Guice. Not sure if that's a good move but he's immediately going on IR.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Alfred Morris is 15lbs heavier than McKinnon and 30 lbs heavier than Breida.

But Breida is the receiving back!!

Breida has a 51% successful catch rate.

Morris has a 70% successful catch rate.

Morris put in 3,000 yards under Shanahananan.

Yup, total committee.

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

pmchem posted:

man, what? Did Theo Riddick die? Kerry hasn’t taken passing down work from him yet.

I forgot old man Riddick in my throbbing erection for Kerryon.

Big Jay Cutler
Sep 2, 2011

IT'S ME
Hi :D just a marginal lurker here but I drafted for the first time tonight! In our work league here in Milwaukee... went pretty well. Y’all have taught me a lot and I appreciate it

Third overall pick was Aaron Rodgers

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Half PPR league with 3WR.

QB: Cousins
RB: Ajayi, Gurley, Hyde, RoJo, Cohen, Peterson
WR: Green, Diggs, Sanders, Jeffery, John Brown, Gallup

Who do I drop for a TE and DST?

Do I drop anyone else to pick up Morris or Keelan Cole?

Cat Hassler
Feb 7, 2006

Slippery Tilde

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

AP and John Brown if it were me. That's a stacked team

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Office league, full PPR. I almost feel bad about how much this team rules.

QB: Alex Smith
RB: Melvin Gordon
RB: Derrick Henry
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Tyreek Hill
TE: Evan Engram
Flex: Amari Cooper

Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Alfred Morris
Bench: Keelan Cole
Bench: Marquise Goodwin
Bench: Sterling Shepard
Bench: Tyler Lockett
Bench: John Brown

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

RoJo and Gallup for the TE and DST. And I would take Morris over Peterson.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Keith Atherton posted:

AP and John Brown if it were me. That's a stacked team

AP and Gallup for me. It’s probably not as consequential as it seems but he missed a block against a HOU CB that ended up blowing up one of his receivers. Those kinds of things will keep him off the field until corrected. He’s also behind Terrence Williams, Hurns and Beasley.

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

89 posted:

Alfred Morris is 15lbs heavier than McKinnon and 30 lbs heavier than Breida.

But Breida is the receiving back!!

Breida has a 51% successful catch rate.

Morris has a 70% successful catch rate.

Morris put in 3,000 yards under Shanahananan.

Yup, total committee.

Shanny has always loved receiving backs. Morris has never had more than 26 targets in a season. Why do you think that is, if he's such a great receiving back? Or maybe he's bad at pass blocking, so he doesn't get third down reps.

Breida had more than that last year as hydes COP back - I'd expect ~120-140 RB/FB targets again this year. Maybe Morris and Kyle j... take a good number, but I'm guessing breida sees something like 100-150 carries and 80 targets. Even or slightly up in carries year over year, significantly up in targets. Morris probably sees around 200 carries and 25 targets.

E:beer, rojo and John brown. Gallup if you want Alf.

Zauper fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Sep 2, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Why AP over RoJo?

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Why AP over RoJo?

Rojo feels like the better drop.

Keep an eye on Hunter Henry's progress. They put him on PUP, so likely hoping for a Decemberish return (12 weeks is the max possible), giving 7 months of recovery time. May be a good late pickup to shore up TE in FF playoffs.

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Bears were #7 D/ST (but very inconsistent) in my league last year. Are they worth a look with Mack joining the team?

I have the Ravens, so I'm good at D/ST, but I'm considering holding them ransom for our huge Bears homer. He has Cohen starting, plus Miller and Trubisky on the bench. His D/ST is the Vikings.

The Zack fucked around with this message at 14:38 on Sep 2, 2018

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
Edit is not quote, so I'll rosterbate:

12 team, 1 PPR, 6 paTD, pick 5 of 12

QB Cousins, Garropolo
RB Freeman, Mixon, Collins, K Johnson, Wilkins
WR Brown, Goodwin, R Anderson, Hurns, Godwin
TE Olsen, ASJ
D Ravens
K Butker

The Zack fucked around with this message at 14:37 on Sep 2, 2018

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Is Luck good to go for the first week? I have Ryan as the backup and he plays Thursday, so not sure I can wait if it is a GTD. I might have too many shares of Luck this year.

The Zack posted:

Edit is not quote, so I'll rosterbate:

12 team, 1 PPR, 6 paTD, pick 5 of 12

QB Cousins, Garropolo
RB Freeman, Mixon, Collins, K Johnson, Wilkins
WR Brown, Goodwin, R Anderson, Hurns, Godwin
TE Olsen, ASJ
D Ravens
K Butker

Looks pretty good, I am assuming you play a flex to fit your starting RBs in? I am high on Goodwin this year and think he will be a decent WR2.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Ayudo posted:

Looks like 89 was predicting the future on this one. Just scooped up Morris in my league of record.

Yeah way late but thank you 89 and you goons. Alfred Morris in two leagues for pennies. Yeah I can use a fifth running back who is a starter!

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants
What does the Colts backfield look like this year? Is Marlon Mack the guy or is it gonna be nebulous and/or a committee?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Don’t do it man.

Watching Mack vs Hines vs Wilkins news makes you feel so desperate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Epi Lepi posted:

What does the Colts backfield look like this year? Is Marlon Mack the guy or is it gonna be nebulous and/or a committee?

It’s a mess especially if Mack can’t get over his hamstring issues.

Wilkins is the lead back if Mack can’t go, but I’m just avoiding.