Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Dragon Quest 11 preload should be up in a few hours for North America, 30some gigs.

Pablo Nergigante posted:

Fist of the North Star demo next week 👍

I forget if it features its version of Receive You, if it does, crank up the volume and rock out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Policenaut posted:

Yeah, that's Destiny's sales gimmick. If you're trying to get into it, it's always going to be $60 because every year they put out a retail priced collection box of the game + all the current DLC.

More like D€$tin¥ am I right

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Angry posting itt, kiwami 1's combat at higher levels loving sucks, I'm trying to do this 4 sidedb dragon counter thing and all 4 dudes attack me constantly and block everything so I can't build heat to even do it without using items. I hate this. There is no depth or skill here, if an enemy blocks there's nothing I can really do about it as I'm stuck in Dragon form. I'm trying to grind out the tiger drop I keep hearing about

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

beep by grandpa posted:

Angry posting itt, kiwami 1's combat at higher levels loving sucks, I'm trying to do this 4 sidedb dragon counter thing and all 4 dudes attack me constantly and block everything so I can't build heat to even do it without using items. I hate this. There is no depth or skill here, if an enemy blocks there's nothing I can really do about it as I'm stuck in Dragon form. I'm trying to grind out the tiger drop I keep hearing about

The play on easy advice is alive

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Lmao I just spammed the grab move cause there are invincibility frames on it till I had enough heat for a downed enemy action and there wasn't a goddamn thing they could do abour it. Most ppl would like that but I don't like cheesing games' combat like this but in this case they gave me no option whatsoever. That was not even remotely fun at all. Kiwami sucks when it tries to up its combat difficulty while restricting you- doesn't feel balanced or like there was any clear intended way to win at all. I'm mad rn now, level 3 heat irl posting this with red heat virgin energy pulsing from my body and my penance'd ball's.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

beep by grandpa posted:

Lmao I just spammed the grab move cause there are invincibility frames on it till I had enough heat for a downed enemy action and there wasn't a goddamn thing they could do abour it. Most ppl would like that but I don't like cheesing games' combat like this but in this case they gave me no option whatsoever. That was not even remotely fun at all. Kiwami sucks when it tries to up its combat difficulty while restricting you- doesn't feel balanced or like there was any clear intended way to win at all. I'm mad rn now, level 3 heat irl posting this with red heat virgin energy pulsing from my body and my penance'd ball's.

From my experience having played a lot of Yakuza this year, that's not a problem that's exclusive to Kiwami. It happens in...just about all of them.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

I love yakuza. I have pledged to buy every special edition they put out.

I dont like the combat particularly. It's my main misgiving about the FotNS. I dont know if the desert post apocalypse setting can keep my interest between combat.

Luckily turning combat to easy turns into a real fun power fantasy

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
I generally like the combat in Yakuza games a lot, they just sometimes make really baffling decisions that turn individual encounters into an absolute slog. It's a bummer.

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

King of Solomon posted:

I generally like the combat in Yakuza games a lot, they just sometimes make really baffling decisions that turn individual encounters into an absolute slog. It's a bummer.

Yeah. Kiryu is a unstoppable machine. Then he gets stunlocked by Menacing Mans. It's a real disconnect

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

The combat is awesome but imo it doesn’t need to be difficult in obtuse ways. Y0 were all really well done even though a few were just a little HP heavy.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S
A real good example of a baffling awful encounter, in Kiwami 2: There's a fight against Komaki. You're not allowed to use heat actions or items. He can go into extreme heat mode, and when he does, he counters everything you do, either with a parry or with tiger drop. This means that the only way to take out an entire healthbar or more is to lure out an attack, parry him, then get a couple hits before he can recover. It's really obnoxious.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

A real good example of a baffling awful encounter, in Kiwami 2: There's a fight against Komaki. You're not allowed to use heat actions or items. He can go into extreme heat mode, and when he does, he counters everything you do, either with a parry or with tiger drop. This means that the only way to take out an entire healthbar or more is to lure out an attack, parry him, then get a couple hits before he can recover. It's really obnoxious.

Or you can just use charge attacks. Charge attacks + extreme heat mode meant that Kiwami 2 was the first in the three I played that had absolutely no frustrating fights.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

Or you can just use charge attacks. Charge attacks + extreme heat mode meant that Kiwami 2 was the first in the three I played that had absolutely no frustrating fights.

Does he not parry or tiger drop you when you charge attack? I didn't even try because every attack was hard countered. If he was just blocking, that would be one thing...

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

Does he not parry or tiger drop you when you charge attack? I didn't even try because every attack was hard countered. If he was just blocking, that would be one thing...

He does not, at least not in such a way that stops you from being able to get some hits in.

King of Solomon
Oct 23, 2008

S S

Regy Rusty posted:

He does not, at least not in such a way that stops you from being able to get some hits in.

Really wish I'd have known that going in. That would have made that fight a loooot easier. Still really stupid, but not nearly as bad as it seemed.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I'm finding the combat in Kiwami 2 pretty fluid since the Square attack charges pretty quickly and breaks guards easily. I did the sidestory with the Wrestler and even though he didn't let me do "the blue fire thing that looks like it could kill a guy" it was still a walk in the park.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Samuringa posted:

It's weird that at this point Destiny 2 will cost $60 again, $0 base game for Ps+ owners and the rest for the DLC.

If I bought Destiny 2 at launch and nothing since... what’s it cost me to get Forsaken? 60?!

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

Feenix posted:

If I bought Destiny 2 at launch and nothing since... what’s it cost me to get Forsaken? 60?!

Wouldn’t be surprised if it was $80 tbh

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Feenix posted:

Yeah. The pitch is that other FPS franchises like CoD and Battlefield charge $60 every year for a brand new game, while Destiny stays on the base game and charges $60 every year for an update that adds a new game's worth of content to the game. If you're playing up to date then Forsaken is only $40 but the yearly update collection is always $60. That's the idea though because lmao at the notion that Destiny 1's Rise of Iron amounted to a game's worth of content.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Feenix posted:

Yep lol. Same if you bought Destiny 2 and the first 2 expansion's i think

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Kiryu goes on date, gets the girl in the mood, then says hes going to watch the stars alone and that she should get some sleep

I love my goofy boy

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

LMAO TIGER DROP

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

That was worth it++++++++++++++

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.
I wouldn’t balk at a meaty 60 dollar expansion for a game like Destiny 2 if a large portion of the content was literally ‘making their base game not be so forgettably underwhelming anymore.’

Like, I’d pay 20-40 bucks for this but 69 feels like one hell of an ask, no?

Feenix fucked around with this message at 06:13 on Sep 2, 2018

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

beep by grandpa posted:

LMAO TIGER DROP

This move is BUSTED lollll

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

beep by grandpa posted:

This move is BUSTED lollll

From my experience with Kiwami 1 that's pretty par for the course. Its not necessary but it's nice to have to stop through the game if you need it. It's a lot like the Last Shell in Mario RPG. People should post their favorite superweapons in games so I have more examples to pull from and also explain the thread title to me.

I don't trust Google translate.

Smirking_Serpent
Aug 27, 2009

RareAcumen posted:

From my experience with Kiwami 1 that's pretty par for the course. Its not necessary but it's nice to have to stop through the game if you need it. It's a lot like the Last Shell in Mario RPG. People should post their favorite superweapons in games so I have more examples to pull from and also explain the thread title to me.

I don't trust Google translate.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Y_Tu_Mam%C3%A1_Tambi%C3%A9n

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

Please watch that movie asap it’s so good.

//////

I just got to Johnny in The Witcher 3. I missed this lil dude :3: this entire section of the game has me even more on edge my second time through though.

Kilometers Davis fucked around with this message at 05:36 on Sep 2, 2018

Azathoth256
Mar 30, 2010

King of Solomon posted:

I was able to cheese him by Mashing the parry button when he attacked, then hitting him in the back.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Dad of War's graphics are insane. They are head and shoulders above anything I've seen outside of The Witcher 3 PC with downsampling. How did Santa Monica do it?

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

punk rebel ecks posted:

Dad of War's graphics are insane. They are head and shoulders above anything I've seen outside of The Witcher 3 PC with downsampling. How did Santa Monica do it?

i don't know but i want this game to go on forever just for new vistas

even the lovely gray-on-gray cavern dungeons are breathtaking in their scale

beep by grandpa
May 5, 2004

Post your favorite Playstation games that came out the year of the page # we're on:

Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS
Syphon Filter

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Super Robot Wars F Final

(I’m joking holy hell gently caress that game)

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Samurai Sanders posted:

Super Robot Wars F Final

(I’m joking holy hell gently caress that game)

Hi yes this was my first SRW.

That is not the game you wanna go into not knowing what the gently caress is going on or how to play the game.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Firewall Zero Hour for PSVR is some next level poo poo.

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

beep by grandpa posted:

Post your favorite Playstation games that came out the year of the page # we're on:

Resident Evil 3: NEMESIS
Syphon Filter

Driver + Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater. I dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into both and they defined a huge chunk of my gaming interests. Driver was mind blowing at the time. I never even played the story at all. That might sound silly to some people but I was fiercely obsessed with it.

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Driver was really cool the movie mode was cool

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver

But I think I played it on Dreamcast in 2000.:twisted:

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Buying a Dreamcast

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Kilometers Davis posted:

Driver + Tony Hawk’s Pro Skater. I dumped hundreds and hundreds of hours into both and they defined a huge chunk of my gaming interests. Driver was mind blowing at the time. I never even played the story at all. That might sound silly to some people but I was fiercely obsessed with it.

Doesn't sound silly to me if you could never get past the Parking Garage tutorial like me as a kid lol. But yeah driver was pre-GTA 3 and I spent dozens of hours in freeroam mode having my mind blown