Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

there's always one paste eater

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Cacati in mano e pigliati a schiaffi!

Women didnt get to write history

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

God dammit I hate the lack of information available for classes during registration.

Every class literally has one paragraph that “describes” the course, but 90% of the finance class descriptions sound the same.

I figured I had played it smart by registering for one too many classes this semester, with the hope I would just attend them all the first week and drop the one I didn’t like, but it turns out both classes I was on the fence for suck. Now I’ve talked with some other friends taking other classes during those time slots but all the professors say, “well, you didn’t attend the first class so we can’t let you in.”

So I’ll probably get stuck in one of these poo poo classes just so I can graduate on time.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

I e-mail professors during registration if I want to see an old syllabus. They're usually very receptive.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I went to my advisor and asked him to list out what I can and need to take to graduate as fast as possible and indiscriminately took classes that I needed. If it was an elective I usually went based on professor reputation rather than what the course was about.

Small school perks.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah

mods changed my name posted:

it's going to be a long semester

I took Gender and Sexuality in Ancient Rome, a cross-listed Classics and Gender Studies class. It was damned interesting.

Lol that poor girl would probably fail it:
How can we know anything from a few dozen sentence fragments!!??

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon
It’s going to peak at 93 degrees today and two of my 40+ person classrooms have barely functional AC. Yay for education infrastructure cuts, gotta spend $18m on football upgrades.

Also they changed the parking lots so that there are no longer commuter lots on the south side of campus. It takes 20 minutes to walk for the south side to the nice parking lots, and nearly 40 to walk to the ones out in the boonies. The fix for this was to have two busses for each parking lot, but they’re so slow that they only come about every 10-15 min, at which point it costs you time if you just barely miss one. Oh, and rain shelters/shade at the bus stops? Lol no, gently caress you students!

nwin
Feb 25, 2002

make's u think

EBB posted:

I e-mail professors during registration if I want to see an old syllabus. They're usually very receptive.

Yeah that worked for a few of them-just not everyone.

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
I'm taking Geomorphology, Structural Geology, and Fluid Earth (like intro to Fluid Dynamics for Earth Science) this semester. Hopefully, I walk out to look at the mountains one day and it's like Neo when he can read the Matrix

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

DownByTheWooter posted:

I took Gender and Sexuality in Ancient Rome, a cross-listed Classics and Gender Studies class. It was damned interesting.

Lol that poor girl would probably fail it:
How can we know anything from a few dozen sentence fragments!!??

There was a woman in my gender studies class that refused to hear the male perspective. I dont think she did well

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
It was a good day.

The heat and humidity overwhelmed the environmental controls in the clean room. So instead of having to Bunny Suit up and be miserable, I got to gently caress around and watch my professor solder resistors at 50x magnification with a rework gun.

In the other class, I too had an outspoken Female.

"Why are there so many guys in the Microelectronics classes?"
"Because Printed Circuit Boards don't talk back."

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

mods changed my name posted:

"For your answer to number 4, it is hard to know if men and women were equal as we did not live in the same time as them we can only speculate and try to form an opinion based off of that information. How would each author know exactly how the tribes and early Europeans lived if they did not live it themselves? In your statement about Mills, Americans have definitely become more lazy and entitled, but that doesn't mean that one class is better than another."

Egad.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

voc rehab paperwork is in with the school certifying official and the bookstore, i guess its time to requistion a surface pro

Lets Get Patchy
Aug 8, 2006

Viva Miriya posted:

voc rehab paperwork is in with the school certifying official and the bookstore, i guess its time to requistion a surface pro

Dont we get tax breaks on "school necessities", too? Because I've been alternating between new laptops/desktops for 3 years now.

I've got to run 6 VM's at a time and I need the most cutting edge of technology, you see.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit
Are you taking more than $12,000 in itemized deductions as an individual?

SquirrelyPSU
May 27, 2003

Even after my late certification, received payment through the university and on down to my bank account in 4 days. Incredibly solid.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Meshka posted:

I just started an MBA program full time (two three hour classes) on Tuesday and a new job on Wednesday, so gently caress my life. Does it get easier? I wanted a perfect GPA, but I do not think that will happen. I am exited though, it is nice to be occupied after getting out and just applying to jobs for two months.

If it gets easier you need to up your game, raise your standards/goals and push harder. You can do this and do it at a high level, just work on time management, task prioritization and focus.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
While many fine college asses abound I just saw my first quality camel toe on campus.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cenen posted:

While many fine college asses abound I just saw my first quality camel toe on campus.

Tell us about some quality dick bulge

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]
There's a guy in my networking class who did not wear his shoes for the entirety of the class. He sits in the front next to the other guy who wears a fedora.

BigDave
Jul 14, 2009

Taste the High Country

Woof Blitzer posted:

There's a guy in my networking class who did not wear his shoes for the entirety of the class. He sits in the front next to the other guy who wears a fedora.

Why is there always one guy who wears a fedora.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011

UP THE BUM NO BABY posted:

Tell us about some quality dick bulge

I bought some sweatpants that had the school name on them but I can’t tell if they are girl pants or not since they seem kind of snug and kind of accentuate my rear end. The flip side of this is it makes my dick look massive but I haven’t worn them with underwear yet since I haven’t really left the house with them on in regards to the not sure if they are girl pants or not issue.

English teacher also straight up admitted today he was going to take the easy route and give us a writing prompt about remembering 9/11 but then remembered himself that most people in the class would have just been born or not born yet so he h hated it to childhood memories. Wrote about my dog.

Cenen fucked around with this message at 14:36 on Sep 11, 2018

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Cenen posted:

I bought some sweatpants that had the school name on them but I can’t tell if they are girl pants or not since they seem kind of snug and kind of accentuate my rear end. The flip side of this is it makes my dick look massive but I haven’t worn them with underwear yet since I haven’t really left the house with them on in regards to the not sure if they are girl pants or not issue.

English teacher also straight up admitted today he was going to take the easy route and give us a writing prompt about remembering 9/11 but then remembered himself that most people in the class would have just been born or not born yet so he h hated it to childhood memories. Wrote about my dog.

If they have pockets they're dude pants.

If they have pockets and they're tight through the calves then they are skinny dude pants.

Either way who cares if they're comfy

US Berder Patrol
Jul 11, 2006

oorah
A dude wore a halter top to a class yesterday. A buddy of mine kept trying to make jokes but every time he turned to me I just kept repeating, "who gives a gently caress" until he stopped

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

DownByTheWooter posted:

A dude wore a halter top to a class yesterday. A buddy of mine kept trying to make jokes but every time he turned to me I just kept repeating, "who gives a gently caress" until he stopped

Your buddy was trying to signal that college is opening his mind to exciting new possibilities for self expression and you just shut him down

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
The only people I really make fun of about how they dress are people who go out trying to look like they’re in the navy Seals or something. With a motto shirt, one of those hats with the Velcro American flag on it (bonus points if it’s an IR flag), combat boots, and an assault pack.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Wearing a suit to school for no particular reason is worthy of serious ridicule.

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

DownByTheWooter posted:

Should have asked him what exactly he's trying to halt.

Cenen
Apr 7, 2011
I keep getting told I look like Post Malone. I honestly don’t know how to take this.

I wish I was the guy who looks like James Franco. No way that one can be taken as a backhanded compliment.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

I saw a meme on facebook forever ago that said it's obvious that some women are just in it for the money when you hear them say post malone is sexy. You can go find you a post malone looking fella in the kitchen of any applebys.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

Post malone looks like a dirty hippie.

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:
I've never heard of or seen that guy before, and thought he had some seriously hosed up teeth until I looked closer and saw it is a grill.

Edit: and I'm guessing the gross beard is to cover up a complete lack of a jawline.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

That boy is 23 years old, just wrecked a Rolls, and is buying a new one.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene

EBB posted:

That boy is 23 years old, just wrecked a Rolls, and is buying a new one.

Donald Trump is a billionaire. The market is not a meritocracy

Naked Bear
Apr 15, 2007

Boners was recorded before a studio audience that was alive!

Mr. Nice! posted:

Post malone looks like a dirty hippie.
I've known some dirty (and smelly) hippies. This guy just looks like a doofus.

Soulex
Apr 1, 2009

Old dude that looked like an old E7 or E8 wearing an Army PT shirt in class today.

I dont know if thats higher or lower class than Black rifle covefe

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Soulex posted:

Old dude that looked like an old E7 or E8 wearing an Army PT shirt in class today.

I dont know if thats higher or lower class than Black rifle covefe

He’s probably an alcoholic on his third divorce paying child support for four kids and can’t afford any clothes.

Kawasaki Nun
Jul 16, 2001

by Reene
Lol at least he's not stealing any valor while also serving as a warning of what the lives of senior NCOs entail

MrDesaude
Sep 10, 2013

Have you tried lighting incense and praying to the Omnissiah?
Can someone please tell me why I decided to go back to school, hate gently caress myself with math, and split my existence between working to pay rent and building tiny circuit boards under a microscope in a clean room again? Was I High? Drunk?

I love doing the coursework, but I am really hating my current job. Doing both full time and my sanity is already fraying.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Woof Blitzer
Dec 29, 2012

[-]

MrDesaude posted:

Can someone please tell me why I decided to go back to school, hate gently caress myself with math, and split my existence between working to pay rent and building tiny circuit boards under a microscope in a clean room again? Was I High? Drunk?

I love doing the coursework, but I am really hating my current job. Doing both full time and my sanity is already fraying.

Listen here

A. You can either work a dumbshit job like I did and hate yourself for the rest of your life or
B. Go back to school and learn something, maybe even get a really good job afterwards who knows