Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

Veritas posted:

There is no way that fluffy grey with the pants is capable of murder. :3

When they still have dark baby eyes they are completely harmless - they just squeak and demand cuddles n food, the murderousness only emerges in the 2nd year.

To be fair her, Pookie is really a very mellow and good-natured bird 99% of the time, but when she does bite it's very sore so you tend to remember it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb
The bird hut near my house has three baby greys.

Am I surprised that the first thing they learned is to bite a finger?

No...not at all.

(Whenever I figure out why my Youtube uploader isn't working, you all are going to get flooded with birb vids. :) )

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssW5vca6ONI

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Anybody lose their glasses?

Bicyclops posted:

I love birds, everybody. Today, I was lying back, with my infant son sleeping on my chest, and Yoshi the budgie standing on my foot and making a puffy happy face at the baby while my wife watched and smiled, and I'm just... I'm very lucky. I love birds.

Has Yoshi kinda put together that baby = new friend? Pets interacting with babies can be some of the cutest poo poo, my grandma's dog would curl up with my younger brother when he was an infant and we'd visit. :3:

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Kitfox88 posted:

Has Yoshi kinda put together that baby = new friend? Pets interacting with babies can be some of the cutest poo poo, my grandma's dog would curl up with my younger brother when he was an infant and we'd visit. :3:

Yeah, sort of. He's learned the baby's name now and says "Hi [baby]!" which was really quick, even for him to learn, and he walks as close as we'll let him and makes tiny chirps at him. :)

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
When Judah learned that my niece was a friend when she was about 2 he'd always just chatter up a storm at her :3:

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
after a quick google with no results, how thoroughly should I wash a budgie after it has leapt into the sink full of slightly-detergented water :/

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Afraid I have no answers for you iRend :whitewater: But here is Amadeus being super loving absorbed by my boyfriend playing Kingdom Rush

He is fascinated by this game and it's hilarious.

Eejit
Mar 6, 2007

Swiss Army Cockatoo
Cacatua multitoolii

iRend posted:

after a quick google with no results, how thoroughly should I wash a budgie after it has leapt into the sink full of slightly-detergented water :/

It's not that bad. Put him on the top rack and run the dishwasher on delicate/china setting, with heat dry

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Eejit posted:

It's not that bad. Put him on the top rack and run the dishwasher on delicate/china setting, with heat dry

Check for a hand-wash only tag first tho

(Biggest concern is them investing stuff when they preen. A good rinse with clean water is all you’ll need, if that)

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Afraid I have no answers for you iRend :whitewater: But here is Amadeus being super loving absorbed by my boyfriend playing Kingdom Rush

A tactical genius

GoldStandardConure
Jun 11, 2010

I have to kill fast
and mayflies too slow

Pillbug

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

the only two games that would catch Tacos attention was if I was playing Stardew Valley or if Goast was playing Guild Wars. She would try to bite the Guild Wars health orb.

She'd do the same thing and just sit on the keyboard or desk and stare at the screen.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Amadeus looks like he has Opinions about your boyfriend's tactics :allears:.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Neddy Seagoon posted:

Amadeus looks like he has Opinions about your boyfriend's tactics :allears:.

LMFAO

He really does, doesn't he.

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

LMFAO

He really does, doesn't he.

Birbs have definite opinions about games.

My "tooter" just gives me disapproving looks -

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Captain Log posted:

"That's a bad job, dumbass. And you know it."

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Captain Log posted:

Loki really, really loved Spore, enough that he would sit in a room he didn't like spending time on if it was on. I think it was the goofy animal noises all the aliens make.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

I came home late last night on a delayed flight, and despite it being past everyone's bedtime, I got a lot of chirpy queries out of the cage. I went and chatted with them, Sera was vaguely resentful and also clingy, and then I put them back to bed and unpacked enough to settle in for the night.

Until eleven minutes past seven this morning where we suddenly had a very panicked dawn chorus, where I guess my boys woke up and started worrying about whether I was still here. I ended up just standing next to the cage for twenty minutes chatting with them, because Ozzy was not feeling secure enough to come out but also really wanted me nearby, and was also very not okay with Sera and I leaving him. They missed me. They are calmer now.

Ozzy's absolute terror of hands reaching into the cage continues. If I put my hand in the cage he hisses and lunges, but he really doesn't connect that with me. I briefly tried to pick him up, to see if he was feeling it this morning, and I got such an extreme reaction that I went, "hey, look at me," and he looked me in the eye and completely relaxed and gave me sweet chirpy noises. My poor broken PTSD bird. He wants to come out so badly sometimes, but I can't pick him up in the cage at all, and I don't know if he forgets the door is open or what.

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Trevor pics incoming!

He is just about 3 months old in this pic, and is sitting on our birdsitters hand. He's SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! He gets to come home next weekend :)

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

Bicyclops posted:

Yeah, sort of. He's learned the baby's name now and says "Hi [baby]!" which was really quick, even for him to learn, and he walks as close as we'll let him and makes tiny chirps at him. :)

Tendai posted:

When Judah learned that my niece was a friend when she was about 2 he'd always just chatter up a storm at her :3:

:kimchi:

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Disco Salmon posted:

Trevor pics incoming!

He is just about 3 months old in this pic, and is sitting on our birdsitters hand. He's SOOOOOOOOOOOO cute!!! He gets to come home next weekend :)

He's so cute I want to die :3:

DarkHorse
Dec 13, 2006

Nap Ghost

Tendai posted:

:same:

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Tendai posted:

drat birb has anime eyes!

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Disco Salmon posted:

Trevor pics incoming!

RIGHT INTO MY VEINS

Shark Sandwich
Sep 6, 2010

by R. Guyovich
typical afternoon with my feathered idiots

Kitfox88
Aug 21, 2007

god drat i love derpatiels

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.
Lovebirds at it again.

https://i.imgur.com/CWMnG6d.mp4

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

Birds are going to out evolve us so hard.

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

Captain Log posted:

Birds are going to out evolve us so hard.

Like you never found construction material for your bedroom and clenched it between your buttocks to haul it home without it getting in the way.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

Crouton is just as neat as that but faster, though her sticking-strips-in-her-butt-feathers game is weak so most of them just fall out in two seconds.

Galbedir is a boy so he tries to chew regular uniform strips and loses focus two nibbles in and just chews the paper thoughtfully instead.

NeurosisHead
Jul 22, 2007

NONONONONONONONONO

Cythereal posted:

Like you never found construction material for your bedroom and clenched it between your buttocks to haul it home without it getting in the way.

Is that what the behavior stems from? I had always assumed it was a plumage display behavior.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Cythereal posted:

I love this post

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer
I wish we could make that post the thread title

Captain Log
Oct 2, 2006

Now I am become Borb,
the Destroyer of Seeb

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

I love this post

I literally cannot stop laughing at that. Masterful phrasing.

Anywho! It's Sunday and Serra the Cockatiel is grumpy as all hell. She is going through her first molt and spending certain times of day just crying until I mist her. Which makes her angry. But not being misted makes her angry. Ahhh, the joys of Cockatiel Rage. (Aggressive beaking and honking)

Serra, thrilled to have just had a tail feather yanked.

Serra is saying, through telekinesis, "Yes, a seed. Many seeds? How many are the most? I'll take the most seed."

She has been in hysterical grumpy fluffball grooming mode most of the day -

"WOT M8?!"

Occasionally, she time travels. Here she is preparing to time travel -

:inception noise:

Serra is alarmed when servers go down -

Disco Salmon
Jun 19, 2004
Oh, Serra.

HOW do you manage to be cuter in EVERY pic posted??? Truly, it is Potato Magic.

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

Serra is too cute for words. I love grumpy cockatiel rage, it's just so hopelessly adorable.

:allears:

Also I love that powerdy birds seem to both hate/not hate water. My birds are loving mad for it and will start yelling if they so much as hear a trickle of water start and they are not a part of it.

Nov 3, 2015

Give me all your crackers
I am trying to get caught up on the thread. But as tax for not posting photos in a while here is...

"Bonny seeing the camera"

Shirec
Jul 29, 2009

How to cock it up, Fig. I

1500 posted:

I am trying to get caught up on the thread. But as tax for not posting photos in a while here is...

Bonny! :swoon:

I assume she could destroy your camera pretty easily if she tried, does she beak electronics?

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

NeurosisHead posted:

Is that what the behavior stems from? I had always assumed it was a plumage display behavior.

Nah, it's a nesting thing. Crouton puts strips into her tail feathers then brings them back to the cage to thread through the bars and weave into her toys. She can get surprisingly intricate for someone using only their face and a thumb-tongue.

Pookah
Aug 21, 2008

🪶Caw🪶

1500 posted:

It's like when they find a missing person's camera in a monster movie and check the last picture they took.

On moulty cockatiels - I remember one time when Looloo took off around the kitchen just going "AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA" continuously, and we all though something terrible was happening when a long tail feather came twirling down and she stopped roaring.

Apparently butt feathers feel weird when they are coming out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Potato Salad
Oct 23, 2014

nobody cares

So, it worked? You made a cuddly macaw?