Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

What happened to the goatee?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carth Dookie
Jan 28, 2013

Facebook Aunt posted:

What happened to the goatee?

Mrs Mittens got it in the divorce.

FruitNYogurtParfait
Mar 29, 2006

Sion lied. Deadtear died for our sins. #VengeanceForDeadtear
#PunGateNeverForget
#ModLivesMatter
dont wish that on her, she's nice

CheechLizard
Jul 1, 2000

It stays at 50%, goy!

SammichBacon posted:

I am waiting for some skill books so I'll train through those so I'm useful. After that, I have to figure out how to make money. I felt bad that some guy gave me money to kill myself to our base.

I flew down to 1dq from Couster in an Atron with a cargo hold full of exotic dancers and spiced wine rather than pod jumping, I expected to die but it was a pretty uneventful journey other than signing up to a dating agency to find my one true space love. Most definitely a scam but it was funny. Most of the systems were empty or low population, there were plenty of places to stop off and people were happy to chat poo poo and not murder me. There were a few gates with angry npc pirates on them but they were too slow for the brave little Atron.

Philonius
Jun 12, 2005

ceaselessfuture posted:

How hard is it to play EVE and maintain a free sub through in-game currency?

You also have to ask yourself whether it's worth it at all, even if you can. I can carrier rat for ~150m an hour. At that rate, it would take me 9 hours to get the isk needed to stay subbed. I don't particularly enjoy ratting, so that feels like work to me. I'd rather just shell out the 15 bucks to pay for my account. I can earn 15 bucks in real life a hell of a lot faster than I can earn 1.4b isk ingame.

If you can make money passively by playing the market, or doing industry, or scamming pubbies, by all means use plex.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

ceaselessfuture posted:

How hard is it to play EVE and maintain a free sub through in-game currency?

It depends on your activity. If you are ratting in a Vexor Navy Issue it is going to take forever to buy a PLEX and you will be poor forever. But if you are mining in a Rorqual or ratting in a super carrier, or doing some other much more profitable activity than it is quite easy. I stopped paying for my account several months ago. Its not hard to make more than a few billion isk each month with multiple "passive income" activities like Planetary Interaction, Reactions, Manufacturing, etc.

Viva Miriya
Jan 9, 2007

Anyone remember a goonfleet vid that starts off with some jimmy hendrix all along the watchtower and ends with matt monro's on days like these? It was some pos shot mashup poo poo but the vid was cool. Hoping someone here remembers it too

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

Philonius posted:

You also have to ask yourself whether it's worth it at all, even if you can. I can carrier rat for ~150m an hour. At that rate, it would take me 9 hours to get the isk needed to stay subbed. I don't particularly enjoy ratting, so that feels like work to me. I'd rather just shell out the 15 bucks to pay for my account. I can earn 15 bucks in real life a hell of a lot faster than I can earn 1.4b isk ingame.

If you can make money passively by playing the market, or doing industry, or scamming pubbies, by all means use plex.

So much this. Since I have been back the only thing I have done to make isk is sell items that had accumulated and lost a jackdaw to get up my isk in game (get paid in GW to PvP). Well, I guess my PI alt would count but its still in Syndicate so its not practical for passive money. This is a PvP game for me so ratting is something done between fleets. Every so often I might plex an account with surplus or, more frequently, get a skill injector. The only time I would regularly plex one of my two accounts is when I had a space job that paid a plex a month.

However, if you have trained your salvaging skills hit me up on GF.com (William Ruben)--you can salvage sites after I run them. I'll even MTU the wrecks together in one spot for you.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

i keep getting this error message at random bits of the station UI, and 100% of the time i try to change my home station. What gives? I've tried resetting my cache, relogging, and trying at different stations. CCP support and google have been useless

Praxis Prion
Apr 11, 2002

The sky is a landfill.
Pillbug

Pomp posted:

i keep getting this error message at random bits of the station UI, and 100% of the time i try to change my home station. What gives? I've tried resetting my cache, relogging, and trying at different stations. CCP support and google have been useless

Search for station in people & places while docked in it -> right click -> set home station.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
what the gently caress

OzyMandrill
Aug 12, 2013

Look upon my words
and despair

I think it's too many options lags the dialog and it lags out. GW has too many corporate offices. It will work one time in five, maybe.
When docked, just right click on the station name in the top left of the screen and you can set home from there.

El Marrow
Jan 21, 2009

Everybody here is just as dead as you.

Pomp posted:

So it's doing this every time you try to change your home, no matter the interval?

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

El Marrow posted:

So it's doing this every time you try to change your home, no matter the interval?

Just since I rejoined, which

OzyMandrill posted:

I think it's too many options lags the dialog and it lags out. GW has too many corporate offices. It will work one time in five, maybe.
When docked, just right click on the station name in the top left of the screen and you can set home from there.

makes sense now

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009
Ok I just resubbed and I realized I have no idea what the hell I was doing. I had an alt that had all my ratting skills, I could fly an Ishtar and Rattlesnake on my second account, but my first account is a mess. I’m only interested in one account though so I guess ratting will start from scratch if I even bother. Currently my two characters, QuietWilds and SilentWilds look like this

QW: mostly trained up leadership skills, have most to 5, prob a week or two away from injecting command ships, but that’s a waste of time I think. Caldari Cruiser 5, Caldari Strat Cruiser+Modules 3. Just gonna back-burner this dude I think.

SW: All frigates to 5, Minmatar/Caldari Destroyer 4+, Caldari Cruiser 4+, CovOps 5, Interceptors 3, All scanning skills 4 except Astrometrics 5, T2 Torpedos with a bit of missile support skills. Currently have Long Range Targetting and Signature Analysis 5 queued but no idea why.

Tell me what to train, goons. I’m prob gonna play SW for the time being and train him into eWar stuff I guess? He has a bit more random poo poo trained so I guess I’ll start out on him. It’ll be a week or so before I can actually play so I’ll worry about setting up goonfleet stuff and rejoining then. What should I train until then? I'm not really going to play a lot or do a ton of ratting, and goon wormhole is dead now so I dont really need my Rattlesnake guy. I'll prob just do a fleet or two on the weekends, so I think making a few FYF skillsets seems like a good idea, right?

TheQuietWilds fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Sep 2, 2018

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

TheQuietWilds posted:

Ok I just resubbed and I realized I have no idea what the hell I was doing. I had an alt that had all my ratting skills, I could fly an Ishtar and Rattlesnake on my second account, but my first account is a mess. I’m only interested in one account though so I guess ratting will start from scratch if I even bother. Currently my two characters, QuietWilds and SilentWilds look like this

QW: mostly trained up leadership skills, have most to 5, prob a week or two away from injecting command ships, but that’s a waste of time I think. Just gonna back-burner this dude.

SW: All frigates to 5, Minmatar/Caldari Destroyer 4+, Caldari Cruiser 4+, CovOps 5, Interceptors 3, All scanning skills 4 except Astrometrics 5, T2 Torpedos with a bit of missile support skills. Currently have Long Range Targetting and Signature Analysis 5 queued but no idea why.

Tell me what to train, goons. I’m prob gonna play SW for the time being and train him into eWar stuff I guess? He has a bit more random poo poo trained so I guess I’ll start out on him. It’ll be a week or so before I can actually play so I’ll worry about setting up goonfleet stuff and rejoining then. What should I train until then? I'm not really going to play a lot or do a ton of ratting, and goon wormhole is dead now so I dont really need my Rattlesnake guy. I'll prob just do a fleet or two on the weekends, so I think making a few FYF skillsets seems like a good idea, right?

You should train Caldari Cruiser V and fly a Tengu. T3 Cruisers are awesome, they have it all: combat probes, covert ops cloak, bubble immunity, good DPS, good tank, good speed. If you know what you are doing you will never be caught, all PvP will be on your terms.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

TheQuietWilds posted:

QW: mostly trained up leadership skills, have most to 5, prob a week or two away from injecting command ships, but that’s a waste of time I think. Just gonna back-burner this dude.

We do a fair bit of bomber dropping on ratting bads so you seem set for that already

TheQuietWilds
Sep 8, 2009

Rutibex posted:

You should train Caldari Cruiser V and fly a Tengu. T3 Cruisers are awesome, they have it all: combat probes, covert ops cloak, bubble immunity, good DPS, good tank, good speed. If you know what you are doing you will never be caught, all PvP will be on your terms.

I can assure you I do not know what I am doing. I'll add that to the queue tho.

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

who is this

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

nex posted:

who is this

the mittani idiot

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

the mittani idiot

No, he's asking about Xenuria

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

gigx got banned again :laffo:

moon demon
Sep 11, 2001

of the moon, of the dream

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

Gotta hand it to him, he really knows how to cut right to the chase

ZekeNY
Jun 13, 2013

Probably AFK

Gwyneth Palpate posted:

I guess his wife's going to have to FC again

Fajita Queen
Jun 21, 2012

What he do? botting?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

The Shortest Path posted:

What he do? botting?

Originally his ban was because he made RL threats to the guy who transferred his alliance's keepstar to us in a huge betrayal. I don't know why he was banned again, but it's probably due to ban evasion. CCP usually isn't forthcoming with the details on bans so we'll probably never know.

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
CO2bansandcounting

Foehammer007
Dec 7, 2011

by Pragmatica
I hope co2 just fucks off and dies again

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

EVE ONLINE IS MY ENTIRE PERSONALITY BECAUSE IM A FRIENDLESS SEMILITERATE LOSER WHO WILL PEDANTICALLY DEMAND PROOF FOR BASIC THINGS LIKE GRAVITY OR THE EXISTENCE OF SELF. ASK ME ABOUT CHEATING AT TARKOV BECAUSE, WELL, SEE ABOVE

DisgracelandUSA posted:

o7 Die

nex
Jul 23, 2001

øæå¨æøåø
Grimey Drawer

DisgracelandUSA posted:

aaaah i cant unsee it now

DisgracelandUSA
Aug 11, 2011

Yeah, I gets down with the homies

Reported

AGGGGH BEES
Apr 28, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Between Gigx getting banned again and that one guy causing an r/starcitizen mod to sperg out and threaten to kill his family, r/eve has been very good today

froody guy
Jun 25, 2013

AGGGGH BEES posted:

... and that one guy causing an r/starcitizen mod to sperg out and threaten to kill his family....

Of course you can do that in SC. Unlock "the sperg out and kill your family" pack for only 199$. With avatar customization in the likes of - guess what - your frikken family!! A once in a lifetime opportunity.

/OT closed, /wrong_thread too

:yikes:

edited for context (and lulz)

froody guy fucked around with this message at 09:11 on Sep 3, 2018

1001 Arabian dicks
Sep 16, 2013

counter reported

Spiteski
Aug 27, 2013

1001 Arabian dicks posted:

counter reported

Yea? Well that's why we have the counter counter reporter. This motherfucker is gonna report the motherfucker that's reporting... uhhh.... you?

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

and now the pubbies are accusing us of pulling CCP's leash to get gigx banned again :roflolmao:

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

~SMcD

Prop Wash
Jun 12, 2010

I, Prop Wash, sincerely apologize on behalf of all goons for the unspeakable crime of forcing poor The Gigx to break the ToS and dox someone.

evilweasel
Aug 24, 2002

Prop Wash posted:

I, Prop Wash, sincerely apologize on behalf of all goons for the unspeakable crime of forcing poor The Gigx to break the ToS and dox someone.

also the repeated irl threats going along with the dox

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
:twisted:
I didn't realize how powerful we are. Wonderful!