Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Drone
Aug 22, 2003

Incredible machine
:smug:

Raspberry Jam It In Me posted:

Oh no, won't somebody think of the poor lunatics who think Sachsen is 80% Muslim and the EU is using gay rays to turn kids homosexual in their sleep :qq:

mods pls namechange to "EU gay rays"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pand
Apr 1, 2011

Jogi Maldito

System Metternich posted:

Everybody involved in this is a Nazi, and I mean that in the 100% bonafide, no-hyperbole, historically correct sense of the word. Everybody who didn’t identify as a Nazi before, marched along with them and didn’t book it the millisecond they started chanting that poo poo is a Nazi. Everybody who claims that these are just concerned citizens with a few bad apples mixed in is either a raging idiot or a Nazi (but I repeat myself). Hope this helps.

Pretty sure only pigdog pretends to think otherwise.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Pand posted:

Pretty sure pigdog only pretends to think.

yes

sheep-dodger
Feb 21, 2013

System Metternich posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GD_ZdP79O84

For those who are at work: This video shows some of the lovely citizens of Chemnitz chanting things like „Ausländer raus!“, „Wir sind die Fans - Adolf Hitler Hooligans!“ and „Wer, wenn nicht wir? Wann, wenn nicht jetzt? Nationaler Sozialismus jetzt, jetzt, jetzt!“

Everybody involved in this is a Nazi, and I mean that in the 100% bonafide, no-hyperbole, historically correct sense of the word. Everybody who didn’t identify as a Nazi before, marched along with them and didn’t book it the millisecond they started chanting that poo poo is a Nazi. Everybody who claims that these are just concerned citizens with a few bad apples mixed in is either a raging idiot or a Nazi (but I repeat myself). Hope this helps.

:yeah:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

If you find you're utterly incapable of protesting an issue without actively supporting Nazis, no matter how hard you look for an alternative way of protesting it, it's time to take a serious look at that issue and think about whether it's maybe a Nazi issue to begin with. Or if you're doing enough to kick out the Nazis from your protest.

Whether a protest consists of literally only 100% Nazis that need to have been convicted of Volksherhetzung to qualify as Nazi, or however far you can still move that goalpost, or of 10% Nazis and 90% their active supporters is, at best, a semantic difference. You can say the Third Reich consisted technically only of Nazis and their supporters but it was still the Third Reich. There's a reason the US forces investigated everyone.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a reason the US forces investigated everyone.

Sure they did. :allears:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean yeah badly I guess

Horseshoe theory
Mar 7, 2005

My Lovely Horse posted:

There's a reason the US forces investigated everyone.

Well known US investigation Operation Paperclip.

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
Even if the Americans had, though, it would be meaningless now, because they have recently reaffirmed their commitment to enable and promote nazis, fascists and other far-right movements in Europe.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

My Lovely Horse posted:

If you find you're utterly incapable of protesting an issue without actively supporting Nazis, no matter how hard you look for an alternative way of protesting it, it's time to take a serious look at that issue and think about whether it's maybe a Nazi issue to begin with. Or if you're doing enough to kick out the Nazis from your protest.

Whether a protest consists of literally only 100% Nazis that need to have been convicted of Volksherhetzung to qualify as Nazi, or however far you can still move that goalpost, or of 10% Nazis and 90% their active supporters is, at best, a semantic difference. You can say the Third Reich consisted technically only of Nazis and their supporters but it was still the Third Reich. There's a reason the US forces investigated everyone.

It's not as if the Western European, and German population in particular has been given a lot of opportunities of protesting mass immigration or other such issues without being called Nazis. It's as much on the observer as it is to the organizers to distinguish Nazis from non-Nazis, and legitimate grievances from far-right violence.... but we all know the leftists aren't exactly tolerant in that regard. So we've come to the point where people just don't care. If the observer can't tell a Nazi from a non-Nazi, that's on them. That's what I'm seeing happening. The power of making people do what you want by calling them nazis by association is waning. Not exactly a German phenomenon, but uniquely poignant in Germany for obvious reasons.

What I'm interested is in the response, if anything, that Merkel and powers that be have to offer to solve the actual problem that caused all this. They've painted themselves in the corner in insisting that mass immigration is going to work out great, while every kind of migrant attack or bothersome statistic undermines that. Will they at least do something so that career criminals who have been denied asylum would be deported, rather than left to roam around in gangs and stab people?

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

pigdog posted:

The power of making people do what you want by calling them nazis by association is waning. Not exactly a German phenomenon, but uniquely poignant in Germany for obvious reasons.

Fortunately, the power of the Wasserwerfer remains at full capacity thanks to global warming enabling the use of glaciers as tactical reserves. :colbert:

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
I can't believe I'm being labeled a Nazi, I say as I'm chanting Ausländer raus in a demo next to a guy with a 88 tattooed in his neck

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I so desperately wish I didn't have to join the Nazis in their Nazi protest, it's so unfair, I wish the leftists had the sense to distinguish me from the Nazis as I walk with the Nazis in their protest.

How's the sourcing on the Rape of Nanking comparison coming along by the way?

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse

oliwan posted:

I can't believe I'm being labeled a Nazi, I say as I'm chanting Ausländer raus in a demo next to a guy with a 88 tattooed in his neck

So much for the tollerant left!

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Libluini posted:

Well, we could send in the Bundeswehr to mow down everyone with machine guns. Maybe bomb the Sächsisch Landtag with some Taurus cruise missiles (otherwise those things will never see any use, anyway).

I mean, if things escalate far enough, that could happen. :shrug:

Then the Bundesregierung can just set-up a "Interimsregierung" without any Nazis

Edit:

This could happen because the Bundeswehr has this weird thing written in their Auftrag somewhere saying they can just do a coup to replace "Undemocratic" Regierungen. So for example, the Bundeswehr can just go "Nope" and clear out the Bundestag if Nazis gain power again. I don't remember this exactly word for word, but if the generals leading the Bundeswehr have the balls, they can just straight up ignore the government if it is undemocratic enough for them.

Great idea! The average soldiers rigorous training on the use of the tactical broomstick will be invaluable when the time comes to sweep the streets clean of Nazi-trash.

Power Khan
Aug 20, 2011

by Fritz the Horse
Wie siehts bei euch aus, was schwurbelt sich die Presse so zusammen? Nabelschau und viel Verständnis für die besorgten Bürger mit dem Faible für Naziparolen?

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

Tagesspiegel had an absolutely fuckin nuclear take as Aufmacher on their website. It's all about Sicherheit etc.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/harald-martenstein-warum-der-rechtsradikalismus-zunimmt/22984858.html

Harald Martenstein def has brain damage. Fleischhauer at SPON also, predictably, had a scorcher about how we should stop being such pussies about das bißchen Nazism but he got corncobbed by a guy who said yeah I reported from Tahrir and poo poo and now I'm in Chemnitz while you're sitting in your Münchener Altbauwohnung and lemme tell you this is legit scary.

aphid_licker fucked around with this message at 18:11 on Sep 2, 2018

System Metternich
Feb 28, 2010

But what did he mean by that?

Power Khan posted:

Wie siehts bei euch aus, was schwurbelt sich die Presse so zusammen? Nabelschau und viel Verständnis für die besorgten Bürger mit dem Faible für Naziparolen?

Soweit ich das sehe gibts (zumindest in den Medien, die ich konsumiere, sprich v.a. Spiegel, Süddeutsche, Zeit und Augsburger Allgemeine) einen Haufen "Das ist ein sächsisches Problem und kein deutsches!"-Meinungen sowie eine überraschende Anzahl an Kommentaren, die die AfD vom Verfassungsschutz beobachtet sehen wollen. Wirkliches Verständnis für die "besorgten Bürger" seh ich da nicht, aber auch nur eine begrenzte Bereitschaft zur Erkenntnis, dass das nur die Spitze vom Eisberg sein dürfte und sich das Problem sicher nicht auf Sachsen beschränkt.

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

Reminder that Martenstein once had a take that was "why don't trans people just pick whichever bathroom they feel like, and if challenged just lie that the other bathroom is broken/occupied?"

Two sub-takes were supporting this thesis:

i) "I go to the women's bathroom all the time when the men's line is too long; I have yet to get my rear end kicked or whatever"
ii) "One time when I was in Israel as a young adult, I really wanted to mack on this Israeli chick, but I figured that she wouldn't want to have sex with me if she knew I was German. So I lied that I was Swiss and we had sex. The end! No moral."

Afaik no one held him at gunpoint at any time during the writing or publishing of that column. He is probably the single most brain damaged idiot getting published these days, and I include FJ Wagner (pbuh) in this

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

aphid_licker posted:

Tagesspiegel had an absolutely fuckin nuclear take as Aufmacher on their website. It's all about Sicherheit etc.

https://www.tagesspiegel.de/politik/harald-martenstein-warum-der-rechtsradikalismus-zunimmt/22984858.html

Harald Martenstein def has brain damage. Fleischhauer at SPON also, predictably, had a scorcher about how we should stop being such pussies about das bißchen Nazism but he got corncobbed by a guy who said yeah I reported from Tahrir and poo poo and now I'm in Chemnitz while you're sitting in your Münchener Altbauwohnung and lemme tell you this is legit scary.

Has Fleischhauer ever taken a position that didn't boil down to maximising his "smug detachment" levels?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax
ja, angeblich gab's ne AfD variante vom kleinen parteitag wo der beschluss nicht mit pegida aufzutreten revidiert wurde.

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Smirr posted:

Reminder that Martenstein once had a take that was "why don't trans people just pick whichever bathroom they feel like, and if challenged just lie that the other bathroom is broken/occupied?"

Two sub-takes were supporting this thesis:

i) "I go to the women's bathroom all the time when the men's line is too long; I have yet to get my rear end kicked or whatever"
ii) "One time when I was in Israel as a young adult, I really wanted to mack on this Israeli chick, but I figured that she wouldn't want to have sex with me if she knew I was German. So I lied that I was Swiss and we had sex. The end! No moral."

Afaik no one held him at gunpoint at any time during the writing or publishing of that column. He is probably the single most brain damaged idiot getting published these days, and I include FJ Wagner (pbuh) in this

lmao, what the gently caress

Smirr
Jun 28, 2012

https://www.zeit.de/2013/12/Martenstein-Oeffentliche-Toiletten

I misremembered slightly: he doesn't brag about closing the deal here, and the lie he told was that he was a Swiss Jew :eng101: Though iirc there's at least one more column where he volunteers the fact that he used to, ahem, manufacture consent in Israel, but I can't find it at the moment

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS

Nicht jeder hat genug Talent, seine schmutzigen Altherrnephantasien im Feuilleton oder in der E-Literatur auszuleben. Bei manchen reicht es nur zum Kolumnisten. :shrug:

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

There was a long interview with Martenstein on Übermedien a while ago that holds some valuable insights. I tried finding a paragraph that really sums it up and I think this is best, but the whole thing is worth reading:

quote:

Sie sind schon besessen von diesem Thema „Gender“, oder?

Nein.

Mindestens als Neben-Pointe kommt das bestimmt in jeder zweiten Kolumne von Ihnen vor.

Wenn sich keiner mehr darüber aufregt, höre ich sofort auf damit.

Wenn wir jetzt alle aufhören, uns über Ihre Texte zu beklagen, schreiben Sie andere Texte?

Ja, sofort.

Das kann doch nicht der Antrieb sein für Sie, zu sagen: Haha, jetzt sind alle auf den Barrikaden, jetzt mach ich das nochmal.

Desensibilisierung, wie gesagt.

Das ist doch furchtbar!

Ich möchte die Verwandlung dieses Landes in eine DDR behindern, indem ich alle permanent daran gewöhne, dass es Widerspruch gibt.
https://uebermedien.de/29452/man-sollte-mit-der-verteidigung-der-freiheit-nicht-warten-bis-es-keine-mehr-gibt/

Basically he writes clickbait for people who think they don't fall for clickbait.

botany
Apr 27, 2013

by Lowtax

My Lovely Horse posted:

There was a long interview with Martenstein on Übermedien a while ago that holds some valuable insights. I tried finding a paragraph that really sums it up and I think this is best, but the whole thing is worth reading:

i strongly doubt there is anything martenstein-related that is worth reading tbh

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

botany posted:

i strongly doubt there is anything martenstein-related that is worth reading tbh

Bleib fein, sag "Nein!" zu Martenstein.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

My Lovely Horse posted:

https://uebermedien.de/29452/man-sollte-mit-der-verteidigung-der-freiheit-nicht-warten-bis-es-keine-mehr-gibt/

Basically he writes clickbait for people who think they don't fall for clickbait.

on a meta level this is actually cool and good, because people everywhere have inflated opinions of themselves

of course this means that all of his expressed opinions within his contrarian click bait pieces are garbage by definition

Mackers
Jan 16, 2012
A nice nazi woman was in my tram yesterday in Erfurt. She tried to start a fight with a teenaged girl and then spat on a black woman holding a baby.

I was so loving gobsmacked it took the sound of her spitting to snap me out of it and throw her out. What the gently caress.

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?
Wird das Wirsindmehr Konzert heut zufällig irgendwo live übertragen?

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

Duzzy Funlop posted:

Wird das Wirsindmehr Konzert heut zufällig irgendwo live übertragen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T5zhHhkMosQ

Duzzy Funlop
Jan 13, 2010

Hi there, would you like to try some spicy products?

Top, danke!

GABA ghoul
Oct 29, 2011

Random facts of the day:

The percentage of Muslims in Sachsen in 2015( when the Pegida demos were going on in full force) was 0.48%. The percentage of foreigners in late 2016 was 4.2%.

aphid_licker
Jan 7, 2009

If you think about it getting an offer that you have to produce an opinion once a week and it will be broadcast to the entire world and accessible on the Internet until the end of time is fuckin entrapment

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
http://www.faz.net/aktuell/politik/inland/die-cdu-in-sachsen-hat-ein-ernstes-problem-15766634.html?printPagedArticle=true#pageIndex_0

quote:

Das ganze Dilemma wurde jüngst deutlich, als im nordsächsischen Städtchen Oschatz ein NPD-Mann Schöffe werden wollte. Im Stadtrat scheiterte das zwar an der erforderlichen Zweidrittelmehrheit, aber bei der Wahl offenbarte sich eine verstörende Nähe zwischen CDU und NPD. Die Mehrheit der CDU-Stadtratsfraktion votierte für den Kandidaten. Sie hatte kein Problem damit, ein bekanntes Mitglied der Rechtsextremen als ehrenamtlichen Richter zu nominieren. Der Bewerber sei zwar NPD-Mitglied, sagte CDU-Fraktionschef Dietmar Schurig, aber im Stadtrat noch nie durch rechtsextreme Äußerungen aufgefallen.
:thumbsup:

Randler
Jan 3, 2013

ACER ET VEHEMENS BONAVIS
https://leute.tagesspiegel.de/charlottenburg-wilmersdorf/intro/2018/08/31/55683/

Meine Fresse, kann nicht endlich mal einer Berlin plattmachen.

Dommolus Magnus
Feb 27, 2013

Randler posted:

https://leute.tagesspiegel.de/charlottenburg-wilmersdorf/intro/2018/08/31/55683/

Meine Fresse, kann nicht endlich mal einer Berlin plattmachen.

I think I know just the guy. I'm sure you two would get along splendidly.

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones

Dommolus Magnus posted:

I think I know just the guy. I'm sure you two would get along splendidly.

First of lmao at linking to a ZDF-hosted picture of Stalin. Second of all, wouldn't Speer be more appropriate for this story?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade

Babies Getting Rabies posted:

First of lmao at linking to a ZDF-hosted picture of Stalin. Second of all, wouldn't Speer be more appropriate for this story?
Speer wanted to build something on top of the ruins. All Randler would put on top of them is salt.