Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

there's something legitimately sad about big box b&m like kmart and such dying

they brought it on themselves by having a lovely online presence and amazon eating everyone's lunch but shopping online while convenient feels so lifeless

pro-watch for nostalgia trip re: the consumerist utopia of america's 80's mall n' department store culture:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W6yA7r6WfJo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

triple sulk posted:

christmas shopping at such stores used to be nice

lol no it wasnt

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

THEY ARE TREATING ME LIKE A LOWLY COMMONER!!!

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

ffff.f....the ownage....mmmm

Wendell_T_Stamps
Nov 26, 2017

COOOOOOOOODYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

t0aine posted:

weird how forgiving you are when it comes to religion :)

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

lorn Wayne posted:

lol no it wasnt

gently caress u

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal

Augus posted:

THEY ARE TREATING ME LIKE A LOWLY COMMONER!!!

Get back to the guillotine factory we need more!

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop
Zero of you have actually read Dawkins recently, you've forgotten that the books were pretty high quality interesting academic poo poo. Who gives a gently caress what he's like in person or online. One lovely ego doesn't mean everyone who agrees with his academic work is poison or is someone who namedrops atheism all the time.

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

ShriekingMarxist posted:

pro-watch for nostalgia trip re: the consumerist utopia of america's 80's mall n' department store culture:

yup dan bell owns

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.

Asproigerosis posted:

I want to go to the grocery store but sundays are the loving worst and it's probably double up because of labor day.

Fuuuck

I did all my stuff this morning while those suckers were at church

the gas station had king size Whatchamacallit candy bars on sale so that's dinner, along with half a can of Beer Nuts

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

no me and my Asian wife will NOT be going to church today or ever

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

triple sulk posted:

gently caress u

maybe i just had bad experiences in stores idk

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

this one time, i was asked to pay money, gently caress is up with that

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

lorn Wayne posted:

maybe i just had bad experiences in stores idk

yeah back off creep

NO LISTEN TO ME
Jan 3, 2009

「プリスティンビート」
「Pristine Beat」

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Zero of you have actually read Dawkins recently, you've forgotten that the books were pretty high quality interesting academic poo poo. Who gives a gently caress what he's like in person or online. One lovely ego doesn't mean everyone who agrees with his academic work is poison or is someone who namedrops atheism all the time.

Defining meme is only the second thing I remember Dawkins for, the first being the honey tweet and the third being the We Are All Africans shirt

Also I don't think anyone was throwing his entire body of work under the bus (whether it deserves to or not idk I haven't read any) and I dunno if saying he's a dipshit dope for his Nu Atheism stuff implies that

NO LISTEN TO ME has issued a correction as of 19:40 on Sep 2, 2018

GSD
May 10, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
trump was "trumped"

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Dumb Lowtax posted:

wow. obviously you're a shrieky internet atheist and probably a child molester. i heard an atheist did that once.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
my dad always waited till the last minute so i have fun memories of going with him to buy christmas gifts for my little brother the night he got his bonus and getting some food at a 24/hr diner

i buy a ton of poo poo on amazon these days, but it definitely feels like buying poo poo is less of a tactile experience and interesting way to drop some cash or even just some time if you browsed and window shopped. the transactions have become more transactional, if that even makes any sense.

jerry seinfel
Jun 25, 2007

ShriekingMarxist posted:

its hilarious because the sears poo poo is like a horrible self-inflicted wound too of one company itself because of one stupid libertarian fantasy

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
kill whitey

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Dumb Lowtax posted:

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

there's a good point in the kmart video though, which is really it's that they just all feel old and stale and gross. target is the first equivalent i think of that still does so well because they're generally all really nice, well organized, and their bright color scheme doesn't feel depressing as poo poo

walmarts mostly look like poo poo (although generally organized) but i think it's mostly just their sheer size and market momentum

Bearjew
Apr 18, 2017

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

t0aine posted:

God drat are you people like 16

i think my account is 16

edit: almost, gently caress u god

Happy Thread
Jul 10, 2005

by Fluffdaddy
Plaster Town Cop

NO LISTEN TO ME posted:

Defining meme is only the second thing I remember Dawkins for, the first being the honey tweet and the third being the We Are All Africans shirt

Heard of Cargo Cults? If so, it's probably because of Dawkins' most famous book too

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Dumb Lowtax posted:

Zero of you have actually read Trump recently, you've forgotten that the books were pretty high quality interesting business poo poo. Who gives a gently caress what he's like in person or online. One lovely ego doesn't mean everyone who agrees with his art of the deal is poison or is someone who namedrops deals all the time.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

She's really angling for a Supreme Court spot.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

triple sulk posted:

there's a good point in the kmart video though, which is really it's that they just all feel old and stale and gross. target is the first equivalent i think of that still does so well because they're generally all really nice, well organized, and their bright color scheme doesn't feel depressing as poo poo

walmarts mostly look like poo poo (although generally organized) but i think it's mostly just their sheer size and market momentum

yeah, that's the thing about meatspace shopping, it's highly dependant on :decorum: to get you into the spend zone

there's an offbrand grocery store here that doesn't even loving try, maintenance is horrible, the floors are filthy, the shelves are always half empty, i only go there to buy meats on sale sometimes.

Aldi and Walmart have taken a "slop in the trough" approach to volume hocking consumer goods, and that's basically where we all are fine with it for now until Amazon takes over everything and we just get individual items droned into our window ports

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

Melanie - FLOATUS posted:

i think my account is 16

edit: almost, gently caress u god

my first account was 2003. gently caress

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Bert Roberge posted:

She's really angling for a Supreme Court spot.

torump won't appoint someone that old to scotus but ag? I could see it.

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

t0aine posted:

my first account was 2003. gently caress

:same:

i signed up for the bit torrent trackers and they got poo poo canned a month later lawl

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

ShriekingMarxist posted:

:same:

i signed up for the bit torrent trackers and they got poo poo canned a month later lawl
i signed up because i saw some funny things at an age of empires forum i posted at :P

Bart - SCROTUS
Nov 21, 2002

I'm a geek, I'm a geek
I'm a power tool

When I sing this song
I look like a fool

:d2a: :d2a:

jerry seinfel posted:

its hilarious because the sears poo poo is like a horrible self-inflicted wound too of one company itself because of one stupid libertarian fantasy

yes, the sears story is amazing, departments pitted against each other and afraid to spend money so they were stealing each others toilet paper and so on

FabioClone
Oct 3, 2004

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

a.lo
Sep 12, 2009

Is there still a Sears

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

Melanie - FLOATUS posted:

yes, the sears story is amazing, departments pitted against each other and afraid to spend money so they were stealing each others toilet paper and so on

the sears story is literaly a microcosm of how republicans have tried to run the federal government for years

Martin BadClixx
Jul 14, 2012

dada stijl

:cumpolice:

t0aine posted:

hi, i have a vaccine for polio, that i created using scient--

nice, what a internet atheist, wow i bet you suck dickard dawkins weird little cock. heh.

Cuck

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

zegermans posted:

torump won't appoint someone that old to scotus but ag? I could see it.

holy poo poo i had no idea she was almost 70

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t0aine
Apr 7, 2018

by Nyc_Tattoo

i mean

• Locked thread