Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008

Lurking Haro posted:

The new stage play has the same actresses, but they also announced auditions for a new unit. Maybe the new series will feature mainly new characters.

They still have weekly livestreams starring the original cast, so I wouldn't think we've seen the last of them yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.
Need the donald duck visiting the store four panel mspaint strip but it's Japari Park and on returning he says there was no tanoshii

sockpuppetclock
Sep 12, 2010
Savanna again in the PV ... lack of a new setting is already an ominous sign

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Ghosts n Gopniks posted:

Need the donald duck visiting the store four panel mspaint strip but it's Japari Park and on returning he says there was no tanoshii

sb hermit
Dec 13, 2016

:golfclap:

AnacondaHL
Feb 15, 2009

I'm the lead trumpet player, playing loud and high is all I know how to do.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

:emptyquote:

Ghosts n Gopniks
Nov 2, 2004

Imagine how much more sad and lonely we would be if not for the hard work of lowtax. Here's $12.95 to his aid.

If there are post of the month awards in ADTRW this is it

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

https://twitter.com/highimpactsex/status/1036330050772193282

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Welp at least I can take morbid interest in how much of a trainwreck this becomes.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
How could they know that though?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

How could they know that though?

People participating have to record themselves performing the script supplied on the audition site. They did take it down by now, though.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich

Lurking Haro posted:

People participating have to record themselves performing the script supplied on the audition site. They did take it down by now, though.

I mean, I get there's record of the people auditioning for a position but the claim of plagiarism implies someone had access to the actual script for the series and that seems much harder to come across. Did someone in the staff go rogue and leaked everything or something?

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Dark_Tzitzimine posted:

I mean, I get there's record of the people auditioning for a position but the claim of plagiarism implies someone had access to the actual script for the series and that seems much harder to come across. Did someone in the staff go rogue and leaked everything or something?

The audition script is the stolen script. It was available for download to anyone.
The audition also only started today, first requiring video applications.

-e-
That's the original author whose script they stole
https://twitter.com/withteacher_a/status/1036263394687385600?s=19

The script is pictured in the Twitter thread.
It's not related to Kemono Friends in content.

Lurking Haro fucked around with this message at 23:26 on Sep 2, 2018

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lurking Haro posted:

The audition script is the stolen script. It was available for download to anyone.
The audition also only started today, first requiring video applications.

-e-
That's the original author whose script they stole
https://twitter.com/withteacher_a/status/1036263394687385600?s=19

The script is pictured in the Twitter thread.
It's not related to Kemono Friends in content.

Ok like, I ran this poo poo through google translate since I didn't have time to parse through everything, but this just seems like basic VA exercises looking at that page that's linked in the tweet?

Are they claiming that the initial auditions pulled from basic VA stuff and that's somehow evidence that everything is hosed? It more seemed like the kind of thing where you'd get some canned programming problems in an interview for a development position. I don't know how this poo poo works though so I'd welcome some further insight besides a single twitter poster.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

cathead posted:

Ok like, I ran this poo poo through google translate since I didn't have time to parse through everything, but this just seems like basic VA exercises looking at that page that's linked in the tweet?

Are they claiming that the initial auditions pulled from basic VA stuff and that's somehow evidence that everything is hosed? It more seemed like the kind of thing where you'd get some canned programming problems in an interview for a development position. I don't know how this poo poo works though so I'd welcome some further insight besides a single twitter poster.

It's plain old plagiarism. They didn't ask the author for permission.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Alert: bad post spotted.
God please I want them to do something about it but deep down I know its impossible.

:negative:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No Tatsuki no tanoshi

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Zeruel posted:

God please I want them to do something about it but deep down I know its impossible.

:negative:

Tatsuki has a new show coming out in a couple months, just go watch that instead.

I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be way better than whatever mess this turns out to be.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Lurking Haro posted:

It's plain old plagiarism. They didn't ask the author for permission.

Yeah I did some further looking at it, you're right. Welp. :(

Super Jay Mann posted:

Tatsuki has a new show coming out in a couple months, just go watch that instead.

I have a sneaking suspicion it'll be way better than whatever mess this turns out to be.

Is he actually doing another full series? I know he's had a couple things in the works.

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

cathead posted:

Is he actually doing another full series? I know he's had a couple things in the works.

Yep, airing in January

http://kemurikusa.com/

Based on a short they did in 2012, so not far away at all.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm just glad Grape-kun isn't here to see this!

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

Waffleman_ posted:

No Tatsuki no tanoshi

The trailer on youtube is currently sitting at 3,300 likes, and 21,000 dislikes.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Agronox posted:

The trailer on youtube is currently sitting at 3,300 likes, and 21,000 dislikes.

Absolutely sugoi.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Super Jay Mann posted:

Yep, airing in January

http://kemurikusa.com/

Based on a short they did in 2012, so not far away at all.

Ah, I remember hearing about this but I didn't know it was actually going to be a full series. I'm looking forward to it!

Agronox posted:

I'm still sort of conflicted about this stuff because even apart from Tatsuki's awesome work I still really dig the characters and style and voice work of KF in general. It's hard for me to go "YEAH gently caress THIS FRANCHISE!". :smith:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
When Tatsuki's new show goes on air, let the last post in this thread just link the thread covering his show, tia.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

cathead posted:

Ah, I remember hearing about this but I didn't know it was actually going to be a full series. I'm looking forward to it!

I'm still sort of conflicted about this stuff because even apart from Tatsuki's awesome work I still really dig the characters and style and voice work of KF in general. It's hard for me to go "YEAH gently caress THIS FRANCHISE!". :smith:

Same re: supporting the voice actors. I really want to hate what it's become but those VAs put in loving amazing performances.

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
That is kinda why it sucks that they made them apologize in behalf of the company, it screams of an attempt to tug at the heart-strings of the community.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah making the VAs apologize was a real scummy move.

With the new season I wonder how many of them would actually get rehired

Greblin
Mar 12, 2008
Speaking of VAs, it's come out that for the new unit they were making, they had applicants write their bust/waist/hip sizes on the application form. And they were specifically looking for under-aged girls who were not attached to an agency. So yeah, it keeps getting worse and worse.

Edit: Oh, and asking for that information violates Japanese employment laws.

Greblin fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Sep 4, 2018

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Yeah they put up an apology for innaporiate questions that were on the application

Zomborgon
Feb 19, 2014

I don't even want to see what happens if you gain CHIM outside of a pre-coded system.

Greblin posted:

I was very much hoping that was the case. For once I am relieved by Japanese employment laws.

Annointed
Mar 2, 2013

Kadokawa seems to be doing everything possible to come off as the biggest sleazes ever.

Zeruel
Mar 27, 2010

Greblin posted:

Speaking of VAs, it's come out that for the new unit they were making, they had applicants write their bust/waist/hip sizes on the application form. And they were specifically looking for under-aged girls who were not attached to an agency. So yeah, it keeps getting worse and worse.

What loving numbers could you possibly want from that, it'd all just be zeroes.

What the christ, Kadokawa.

Lurking Haro
Oct 27, 2009

Greblin posted:

Asking for your three sizes is normal in the industry :eng99:

Mordaedil
Oct 25, 2007

Oh wow, cool. Good job.
So?
Grimey Drawer
This video sums up most of the situation so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5Bc8tKJ3G8

Warning, contains the scene of Kaban getting stepped on repeatedly.

cathead
Jan 21, 2004

Hey, Kadokawa?

I'm trying real hard here to still be excited and have some faith for the future of the franchise despite your dumbass decisions in the first place, can you PLEASE stop taking a gigantic poo poo all over that?

Like come on, this is getting ridiculous. :colbert:

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

cathead posted:

Hey, Kadokawa?

I'm trying real hard here to still be excited and have some faith for the future of the franchise despite your dumbass decisions in the first place, can you PLEASE stop taking a gigantic poo poo all over that?

Like come on, this is getting ridiculous. :colbert:

oh no

https://twitter.com/SANchipinchi/status/1040605370090246145

Super Jay Mann
Nov 6, 2008

Wait, is he talking about scripts for the second season or scripts for the first season.

Cause if it's the latter then oh boy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a kitten
Aug 5, 2006

Super Jay Mann posted:

Wait, is he talking about scripts for the second season or scripts for the first season.

Cause if it's the latter then oh boy.

It seems to be the latter, which is mind-bogglingly lovely. I found a reddit post with some translations of various things, with the caveat that i can't confirm the accuracy

https://www.reddit.com/r/Tatsuki/comments/9fr9dn/tatsuki_claims_his_script_is_being_used_without/e5ysh9j/