Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

MagnesiumB posted:

In search of any and all mechs! Looking to start up a game of Beam Saber soon and want a diverse portfolio to show the other players for inspiration & setting building.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

MagnesiumB posted:

In search of any and all mechs! Looking to start up a game of Beam Saber soon and want a diverse portfolio to show the other players for inspiration & setting building.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Scopedogs (and all other VOTOMs mechs) are on brand for Beam Saber.

Bendigeidfran
Dec 17, 2013

Wait a minute...

MagnesiumB posted:

Rent-a-Bot
Oct 21, 2012

FOOL! DOCTOR DOOM DOES AS HE PLEASES!
:gaz: :gaz: :gaz:

MagnesiumB posted:

Got a bunch here

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

MagnesiumB posted:

Check out the mecha menu on here: http://www.mahq.net/

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Stuff from the "Real Robot" genre are gonna be the best fit for Beam Saber, in general. Guns, ammo, fuel, getting actually damaged and needing supply lines is the realm of the Real. MAHQ is a great resource for them and pretty much anything from the Universal Century timeline of Gundam will fit here, with bonus points if its not actually a Gundam.

MagnesiumB
Apr 13, 2013
These are all great, thanks for the help folks! UC Gundam was the obvious pull, but I wanted to have a little bit more aesthetic diversity for our world-building session

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

MagnesiumB posted:

These are all great, thanks for the help folks! UC Gundam was the obvious pull, but I wanted to have a little bit more aesthetic diversity for our world-building session

Checking out a copy of Beam Saber, you will not go wrong using ATs (VOTOMS) or Garlands (Megazone 23) or Tactical Armies (Gasaraku) for Light Vehicles and straight-up Mobile Suits for Medium.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Nice world you've got here. Shame if anything were to happen to it.

Ksen's tumblr is an archive of a 2D artist who habitually draws mecha at a rate of one per day since 2015. You'll be spoiled for choice for sure!

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Huszsersvn posted:

Ksen's tumblr is an archive of a 2D artist who habitually draws mecha at a rate of one per day since 2015. You'll be spoiled for choice for sure!

You can tell it's a serious artistic project because there's a note halfway through about how it's physically destroying them.

Baron Snow
Feb 8, 2007

Have some high rez Gears.

Dr. Lunchables
Dec 27, 2012

IRL DEBUFFED KOBOLD

I refuse to close this thread until we reach 1000 pages of the most data-laden, heavy-loading pages ever posted on this stupid stupid forum.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Anyone got a bunch of old / worn-out / tired orcs or similar green-skin-ish warrior or shaman types?

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

AlphaDog posted:

Anyone got a bunch of old / worn-out / tired orcs or similar green-skin-ish warrior or shaman types?

From DeviantArt, Artstation and Tumblr, with attributions.

ursulav, Demorta, noroone, Demorta

TheRogueSPiDER, AskraOne, Demorta, Ruiwen-art

TheMagicLemur, xxdhxx, TomBullet, Muoteck

Armenoc, Demorta, djm106, DrawingForMonkeys

Ainaothar, Cloister, PinkParasol, carsternbiernat

Smolin, johnderekmurphy, MonaWolt, texahol

Art-Calavera, MattiasFahlberg, ForrestImel, JoshCalloway

naraphim, Comlockj, Druakim, Patmos

jhagen22, Pospeshilka, IanFreemanFox, NamelessRocker

emrahx, Martinlilius, Fulcrumisthebomb, Ryhe

starvinartist, GetsugaDante, Enydimon, sandara

OnHolyServiceBound, thor6136, ivanStan13, Stephanie MA

David Allakhverdyan, Ali Hyder, Michael Robson, TebogoTwala4

BiggySchmalz, eepox,

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 12:57 on Sep 15, 2018

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

From Battle for Wesnoth.

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I'm uncertain if I am looking at some kinda drow tending to the orc, or if it's one of those cases of serious sexual dimorphism that orcs are sometimes illustrated as possessing.

if it's the former I think it's nifty. if it's the latter, lmao jeez

edit oh wait I see it's by a woman so probably the former then

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Mr. Lobe posted:

I'm uncertain if I am looking at some kinda drow tending to the orc, or if it's one of those cases of serious sexual dimorphism that orcs are sometimes illustrated as possessing.

if it's the former I think it's nifty. if it's the latter, lmao jeez

edit oh wait I see it's by a woman so probably the former then

It might be his half orc daughter, you rude.

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

oriongates posted:

I have an extremely specific request: looking for a woman (preferably middle aged or older) who could plausibly be a doctor or scientist and has a pair of cyber arms and legs that greatly extend her height and reach, someone who's plausibly 7 foot + preferred. Anyone got any art that looks like that?

This comes rather late, but I wanted to do this search to satisfy my own morbid curiosity as to what I might find.

MatMadness, Vetyr, AdrianDadich, CrazyAsian1

Keeterz, Zobeid, tokkamak, aiSAKU

Csp499, Itcamefrom4chan, Spoonfayse, UnearthedArcana

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
where's these hot modron pics. asking for a friend

oriongates
Mar 14, 2013

Validate Me!

Huszsersvn posted:

This comes rather late, but I wanted to do this search to satisfy my own morbid curiosity as to what I might find.

Nice, none of them are exactly what I was looking for, but several are close enough that I can adapt the design.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
Hit me with your best women with shaved/bald heads, preferably in light or no armor.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

Amazing, thank you.

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.

oriongates posted:

I have an extremely specific request: looking for a woman (preferably middle aged or older) who could plausibly be a doctor or scientist and has a pair of cyber arms and legs that greatly extend her height and reach, someone who's plausibly 7 foot + preferred. Anyone got any art that looks like that?

Huszsersvn found some good stuff, but might also want to check out Cibo from BLAME!, especially the recent movie:

Moriatti
Apr 21, 2014

oriongates posted:

Maybe check out Dr. Gross from Adventure Time:

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Hit me with your best women with shaved/bald heads, preferably in light or no armor.

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

Tumblr of scotch posted:

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009

Moriatti posted:

Maybe check out Dr. Gross from Adventure Time:

Alternatively, Peridot:

Firstborn
Oct 14, 2012

i'm the heckin best
yeah
yeah
yeah
frig all the rest
nm found it

Firstborn fucked around with this message at 15:33 on Sep 17, 2018

Huszsersvn
Nov 11, 2009

Tumblr of scotch posted:

AndrewRyanArt, fuuryoku, AnnaHelme, Elentori

SigneRJArts, Idarshu, ashacelyrde, digistyle,

ProdigyDuck, viscid2007, shinga, Fable 3 Wikia

GruntyThrst posted:

Who's got some really good last stands/charges for me? Bonus points if the person in charge is getting hosed up. Double secret bonus points if they'e a skeleton :hb:

okzch2425, annewipf, Maxa-art, JamesHall2

PlaceboForte94, JasonTN, Vablo, Forge-T

JasonTN, brollonks, shifter00, DJgame42

Roxyuss, soulsuckinjerk, Philtomato, abluepalace

Huszsersvn fucked around with this message at 13:53 on Sep 18, 2018

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Terrifying.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

Does anyone have any fantasy-industrial type people/landscapes? Been using Dishonored art so far - craggy faces, grimy streets, weird tech. Scythe comes kinda close, but a bit too high-tech and soviet.

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.

Strom Cuzewon posted:

Does anyone have any fantasy-industrial type people/landscapes? Been using Dishonored art so far - craggy faces, grimy streets, weird tech. Scythe comes kinda close, but a bit too high-tech and soviet.

Look up the art of the dude that designed hl2 and dishonoreds stuff, if I remember right he has more stuff like that.

MohawkSatan
Dec 20, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Anyone here have a viking looking dude in chainmail with a heavy winged spear? Or just any heavy looking spear in general? Bonus for having a shield on his back.

Elector_Nerdlingen
Sep 27, 2004

MohawkSatan posted:

Anyone here have a viking looking dude in chainmail with a heavy winged spear? Or just any heavy looking spear in general? Bonus for having a shield on his back.

One of these, or maybe in the related images?

https://www.deviantart.com/jlazaruseb/art/Norse-Warlord-591152735

https://www.deviantart.com/robbiemcsweeney/art/Danish-Nobleman-Circa-7th-Century-634074917

Elector_Nerdlingen fucked around with this message at 08:45 on Sep 26, 2018

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?
I'm looking for some Old Guys! Being badasses is a plus, but looking friendly is more important. Either modern or knight armor, Reinhardt is an obvious pick but he isn't old-looking enough.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

source

source

source

source

source

source

The Crotch
Oct 16, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

ProfessorProf posted:

I'm looking for some Old Guys! Being badasses is a plus, but looking friendly is more important. Either modern or knight armor, Reinhardt is an obvious pick but he isn't old-looking enough.

Haven't got many friendly old dudes, turns out.

Maleh-Vor
Oct 26, 2003

Artificial difficulty.
Maybe check out Geralt?

Quinn2win
Nov 9, 2011

Foolish child of man...
After reading all this,
do you still not understand?

That one is perfect! What's the source?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zephirum
Jan 7, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Anyone got some desert-dwelling elves? I've been inspired by the Valenar elves of Eberron. Other humanoids won't be turned away.