Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer
I just got an insanely good deal and bought Spiderman, God of war and Kiwami 2 for 114€ total.
Initially I just wanted Spiderman, but they did a buy 3 get the cheapest one free so I went for these 3 games.
Can't wait to pick them up on Friday and play Spiderman on launch day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Healbot
Jul 7, 2006

very very very fucjable
very vywr very

The cleaning person is a newbie and left an ocean where I usually tread at work, and I slipped and fell.

My colleagues have been congratulating me on missing the whole month but lol I'd rather work than having to take 10 minutes to get out of a lying position just to brace myself for the pain.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

I had that on SNES it was pretty fun

I played as Raphael (the guy in the sunglasses)

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
gently caress yeah I think I figured out what I was missing in La-Mulana 2. I love this game but I am going to have a very strong criticism of a specific "mechanic" it uses for some puzzles.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich

I had forgotten this thing of beauty existed. Never played it but I'd always see it in the stores/blockbuster

Jay Rust
Sep 27, 2011

I’ve been getting a youtube ad for some lovely mobile game, it’s a twitch bro opening a pack of I guess anime girls and then going WOOOOOOW

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Jay Rust posted:

I’ve been getting a youtube ad for some lovely mobile game, it’s a twitch bro opening a pack of I guess anime girls and then going WOOOOOOW

this could be any gacha except touken ranbu though, clearly their marketing team hasn't thought this through

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

this was extremely beautiful in 1999

WarpDogs
May 1, 2009

I'm just a normal, functioning member of the human race, and there's no way anyone can prove otherwise.
i'm excited to go on a quest about dragons for the 11th time

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild

The Colonel posted:

this was extremely beautiful in 1999

I'm a 90s kid and I refuse to believe this.

A. Beaverhausen
Nov 11, 2008

by R. Guyovich
Not mine, but lol I'm still thinking about Anthem and why they put Bioware on the Destiny clone and the death of fun dialogue choices in franchises I used to love

Appoda
Oct 30, 2013

A. Beaverhausen posted:

Not mine, but lol I'm still thinking about Anthem and why they put Bioware on the Destiny clone and the death of fun dialogue choices in franchises I used to love

Is the joke that all of these are bad?

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I have been playing Overwatch just to get the D.Va skin and man is this game not fun unless you're playing D.Va, and even then only somewhat.

Being a tad tipsy might not be helping.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

chumbler posted:

I have been playing Overwatch just to get the D.Va skin and man is this game not fun unless you're playing D.Va, and even then only somewhat.

Being a tad tipsy might not be helping.

junkrat is made for tipsy gaming times

redreader
Nov 2, 2009

I am the coolest person ever with my pirate chalice. Seriously.

Dinosaur Gum
Has anyone tried the dying light 2 beta? Is it any good?

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
My problem with Overwatch is that I fit into a very narrow type of people who prefer helping others so I either play a healer support - Zeny or Mercy, Moira if I'm feeling like doing trick shots - or a tank - Winston or D.va, Hog if I just want to have some fun - and get bored very quickly.

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
I only play Torb or Junk.

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
i like picking symmetra and telling myself this time i'm really going to be able to hide those turrets somewhere sneaky then giving up and switching to roadhog

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

I was almost tricked into playing Heroes of the Storm today.

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm in jail now.

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I finally beat the first character in Yakuza 5 which has the one of the best climaxes to a Yakuza game in years with one hell of a stinger and now I’m on the second character who is doing the same loving thing he did in the previous game which was zero fun at all and now I lust for death I wanna do dance battles in the street goddamnit

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

Taintrunner posted:

I finally beat the first character in Yakuza 5 which has the one of the best climaxes to a Yakuza game in years with one hell of a stinger and now I’m on the second character who is doing the same loving thing he did in the previous game which was zero fun at all and now I lust for death I wanna do dance battles in the street goddamnit

If you mean Saejima, he does hunting and fights bears and it's pretty good. You gotta do the jail poo poo first though and it sucks yeah

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Yeah the prison stuff is so bad because he doesn’t even have a good reason to be back in prison and it’s so frustrating.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

chumbler posted:

I'm in jail now.

are you playing blade stranger

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
godspeed chumbler

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

exquisite tea posted:

Based on your knowledge of the industry, what would your rankings be for the better publishers in terms of their treatment / compensation / inclusivity for developers? I know there are no real good guys here but maybe I'd think twice about throwing money at someone who can't even keep the lights on for their employees.

A great question for the Ask a Game Dev Thread! I've only heard good things about Blizzard, personally. Not Activision, mind you, just Blizzard, which is given mostly autonomy to do as it pleases. Includes ok salary but good bonuses, vacation, parties and events, paid overtime for below senior level, and specific stated inclusivity and minority outreach goals. Riot also has good pay but... well I've heard that the RND teams (of which there are many) are at least pretty insulated from a lot of the gross stuff, but yeah, they have issues.

Lots of LA studios I've heard really mixed things about. Ok pay, but not great for the area so that means long commutes (1.5+ hours one way). Also crunch still in full force (God of War and Last of Us 2 being recent bad ones). Rockstar pays ok but its obnoxious politics and its "we crunch, deal with it" death marches are legendary.

Lots of ok companies in the mid-tier space. Startups are often great for a while until they go really, really poorly.

Looper
Mar 1, 2012
i am back from anime town. it was a little overwhelming but i saw a cool bloodborne cosplay (amid hordes of my hero academia) and got to try some cool arcade games and bought some cute pins. and it didn't smell nearly as bad as i thought it would!

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
what are the politics at rockstar

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Oh my god I’m on a spirit journey to a hostess club and I can’t stop ordering million yen champagne towers

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

The Colonel posted:

"should we pay this third party dev house or should we just cannibalize the company and shutter it"

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

are you playing blade stranger

Trying to, but I'm not very good.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

The Colonel posted:

Outside of the leadership drama and lawsuits, Rockstar is generally known as a place where you have to drink the cool aid and love all their games (hence the unapologetic crunch) or you'll be asked to leave or shunned, stuff like that. Also, once you work for Rockstar and leave for any reason, it's fairly openly communicated that you aren't welcome back ever again.

Basically at Rockstar they care about making the game they're working on, and... that's it. They don't care about anything or anyone else.

Viewtiful Jew
Apr 21, 2007
Mench'n-a-go-go-baby!
"What games from our company do you like?"

Bully.

"What can you see yourself working on?"

Bully 2.

"We aren't developing Bully 2, that's not a title in development"

Then what the hell are you doing with your studio here?

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

mutata posted:

Outside of the leadership drama and lawsuits, Rockstar is generally known as a place where you have to drink the cool aid and love all their games (hence the unapologetic crunch) or you'll be asked to leave or shunned, stuff like that. Also, once you work for Rockstar and leave for any reason, it's fairly openly communicated that you aren't welcome back ever again.

Basically at Rockstar they care about making the game they're working on, and... that's it. They don't care about anything or anyone else.

that sounds... pretty miserable

grieving for Gandalf
Apr 22, 2008

something I just thought about as I'm watching someone speedrun Donkey Kong Country 2 is that sometimes you ride the animal friends and sometimes you like, become the animal friends

why is there a difference

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"
I've always been under the impression that Rockstar is a terrible place to work but it's papered over by the quality of the games.

For now, at least

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!

grieving for Gandalf posted:

something I just thought about as I'm watching someone speedrun Donkey Kong Country 2 is that sometimes you ride the animal friends and sometimes you like, become the animal friends

why is there a difference

areas where you ride them generally have them be less important, more used for accessing secrets and stuff, so getting hit knocks you off of them and it makes things a bit harder but it's not the end of the world. when you turn into an animal it's usually cause the entire level is built around them so if you lost them you'd be 100% hosed

• Locked thread