Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

Rhyno posted:

So is there just one hell for the entire multiverse then?

and only one Mojoverse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Archie comics, being weird.

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Maybe we just need an out of context panel thread.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

I think this is what people did before Vicks Vapo-rub existed.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Goose fat. Mustard. Horseradish. Toads.

All sorts of poo poo.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

X-O posted:

To be fair, most old Archie is pretty strange in context by today's eyes.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.

X-O posted:

The Say Nothing's Funny Panels Thread

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

X-O posted:

I was thinking about a comic book fan art thread? Good or bad idea?

Teenage Fansub
Jan 28, 2006

Say Nothing posted:

I was thinking about a comic book fan art thread? Good or bad idea?

The pro commissions thread just got archived so maybe one that mixed pro and fan would be good to replace it.

Teenage Fansub fucked around with this message at 01:22 on Sep 2, 2018

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
I asked about it but I don't want to handle the pressure of creating a new thread, go for it Say Nothing

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
Half of that run of the Flintstones belongs in this thread, it was too pure for this world

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Samuringa posted:

I asked about it but I don't want to handle the pressure of creating a new thread, go for it Say Nothing

MAKE THE NEW THREAD

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Cool/Funny/Awesome Fan Art Thread...

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3867606

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Red Lanterns Annual

Atrocitus clearly trying to make his cat angrier I guess

Zil
Jun 4, 2011

Satanically Summoned Citrus

TwoPair posted:

Red Lanterns Annual

I mean that seems like a good idea for the Red Lanterns. Want your teammates as pissed off as possible at all times.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Zil posted:

I mean that seems like a good idea for the Red Lanterns. Want your teammates as pissed off as possible at all times.

"From now on, we are all practicing Straight Edging."

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

The Question IRL posted:

"From now on, we are all practicing Straight Edging."

And we will watch Blues Brothers 2000 once a month

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

El Gallinero Gros posted:

too soon.

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

El Gallinero Gros posted:

He said pissed off, not dancing.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

I found the rest of the scene:

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Lex's avatar is Mr Clean. That is perfect.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
If Lex wanted to be really grammatically accurate (since he's using 'whom' instead of 'who'), shouldn't it be "you have no idea with whom you're messing"? I'm honestly curious.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

davidspackage posted:

If Lex wanted to be really grammatically accurate (since he's using 'whom' instead of 'who'), shouldn't it be "you have no idea with whom you're messing"? I'm honestly curious.

People on the internet don't use "whom" to be grammatically correct, they use it because they're arrogant assholes.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

davidspackage posted:

"You should never end a sentence with a preposition" is one of those Miss Thistlebottom rules that has been long since overridden by actual usage (like the one about never splitting infinitives). But you're right, if Lex is a stickler he wouldn't be ending a sentence with "with."

RaspberryCommie
May 3, 2008

Stop! My penis can only get so erect.
If I recall correctly, ending a sentence with a preposition is perfectly valid English.

But it became "a thing" because of the French influence on the language following the Norman invasion.

Romance languages don't end sentences with prepositions, but Germanic languages, which English mainly is, can.

So yeah, do either. Both are good. English is a hosed up mutt language.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
The only time you're using incorrect grammar in English is if whomever you're communicating with doesn't understand you.

There's parts of England where "tin tin tin" is a perfectly valid sentence with meaning.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

It's nothing at all to do with ending the sentence in a preposition - the form 'whom' is an object and needs a verb or preposition to act on it. In the sentence "Do you have any idea BLANK you are messing with?" the BLANK is the subject of the sentence and the correct form is who. To make it an object you have to put a transitive verb or preposition next to it.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
You use "whom" if a possible answer to the question is "him."

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
A whom is where babies are made.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Selachian posted:

"You should never end a sentence with a preposition" is one of those Miss Thistlebottom rules that has been long since overridden by actual usage (like the one about never splitting infinitives). But you're right, if Lex is a stickler he wouldn't be ending a sentence with "with."

Logical?
Is it?
To a dictionary, perhaps.
Yes, a soulless book might make that deduction.
But not Lex Luthor. He knows better! He knows that grammar is what you make of it. And how you say words that sound good, not what some dumb book says.
Such words are to be used to threaten ducks over the internet!
You have failed Lex, Miss Thistlebottom. This conclusion is utterly useless. Remove it from this thread at once!
Lex Luthor has no use for people who cannot see the obvious.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

TwoPair posted:

Red Lanterns Annual

"What if I didn't mate for love? What if it was Hate loving?"

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins
I swear I've had that exact same conversation with my own cat when he went out.

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

The Question IRL posted:

Logical?
Is it?
To a dictionary, perhaps.
Yes, a soulless book might make that deduction.
But not Lex Luthor. He knows better! He knows that grammar is what you make of it. And how you say words that sound good, not what some dumb book says.
Such words are to be used to threaten ducks over the internet!
You have failed Lex, Miss Thistlebottom. This conclusion is utterly useless. Remove it from this thread at once!
Lex Luthor has no use for people who cannot see the obvious.

:five:

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tin Can Hit Man posted:

I swear I've had that exact same conversation with my own cat when he went out.

No mating for love? Only hate gently caress?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Was Dex-Starr originally a stray or from a shelter? because that's a lovely loving shelter if they're giving out cats that haven't been fixed.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

why do you think he's so mad?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Skwirl posted:

Was Dex-Starr originally a stray or from a shelter? because that's a lovely loving shelter if they're giving out cats that haven't been fixed.

He was a stray kitten who was taken in by a lonely single woman. She was robbed and murdered and I think they tossed him in the river when the ring came to him.

Sherry Bahm
Jul 30, 2003

filled with dolphins

Infinitum posted:

No mating for love? Only hate gently caress?

Either or. I can't afford to pay child support for my neighbor's litter.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He was a stray kitten who was taken in by a lonely single woman. She was robbed and murdered and I think they tossed him in the river when the ring came to him.

Then yeah, that cat wants to gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Skwirl posted:

Shelter

Also cats can't be desexed until they're around 6 months old. I adopted my little nightmare from a shelter when she was only 2 months old, so she's only just recently been desexed.
Shelter was pretty cool and gave a free desexing certificate

So Dex-Starr's owner probably got murdered before she could get him desexed