Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The whole "Friendzone" thing never made sense to me. How is being friends with a hot girl a bad thing? It just doesn't make sense.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Solice Kirsk posted:

The whole "Friendzone" thing never made sense to me. How is being friends with a hot girl a bad thing? It just doesn't make sense.

Because they don't actually want to be friends with her, they just want to be nice to her long enough so that she will have sex with them.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Piell posted:

Because they don't actually want to be friends with her, they just want to be nice to her long enough so that she will have sex with them.

Oh. Well, that's what bars are for. What idiots.

Splicer
Oct 16, 2006

from hell's heart I cast at thee
🧙🐀🧹🌙🪄🐸

Solice Kirsk posted:

Oh. Well, that's what bars are for. What idiots.
I too am barsexual. There's just something about a big set of taps

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
pretty much every girl is a better wingpeep than almost every dude. dude being a better wingman is an exceptional event

Incoherence
May 22, 2004

POYO AND TEAR

loquacius posted:

Anyway yeah a lot of fringe ideologies have a couple of good ideas surrounded by a whole bunch of toxic ones. MGTOW for example has some ideas baked in about how you shouldn't define your self-worth around what a specific hot girl you've decided to fixate on thinks of you, which is good, but the rest of the sentence is "because all women are psychic vampires who live to thrive off of your misery" which obviously ruins it.
Incels seem to have somehow found the middle ground between PUA and MGTOW that throws out both of their respective small kernels of truth, though, so maybe just stick to laughing at their completely batshit "science".

Anyway, confessor, you are not like Louis CK because you are not famous, and famous people can rehabilitate themselves much more easily than non-famous people.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Drunken Baker posted:

I legit miss when 6 bottles would leave me so drunk my face would go numb.

But at the same time I love drinking so much I'm glad I can do more of it and for a longer time and pints here cost a quid so it'd be rude NOT to be a drunk.

...what / where is this magical Christmasland? I just paid 11 quid for two pints. 😀..

..😭

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Solice Kirsk posted:

It is a safe, inoffensive version of what they really believe. What they really believe is horribly toxic. Screaming "she friend zoned ME!" basically means "she refused to gently caress me after I was nice to her and I'm angry." Like sure you can be disappointed if you want but being angry and acting like she owes you sex because you were nice to her is not ok. It's making the problem be her for doing things wrong but it's like hey buddy you might just not be her type. She might already be in a happy monogamous relationship or be gay or something. It isn't like a dating video game where the girl automatically says yes if a certain number is high enough.

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Drunken Baker posted:

I base all my American drinking knowledge on the Wade Boggs episode of Always Sunny btw and those tins they had were tiny.

(sigh)

I have to do this poo poo all the time

You know how *big* the country is? Throw that loving thing on top of Europe on one of those comparison websites

Talking about 'Americans' doing a thing is like going to Italy and assuming Swedes are social, emotional, and rife with corruption

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
my friend I think he might have not been being 100% serious.

gbs but from 2004
Oct 24, 2004

wow u rude pig

"i STarTed this TOIlEt Of A tHreaD aNd HAve sOmEHOW aVoidEd A red teXt"

thoughts and prayers posted:

(sigh)

You know how *big* the country is? Throw that loving thing on top of Europe on one of those comparison websites

Talking about 'Americans' doing a thing is like going to Italy and assuming Swedes are social, emotional, and rife with corruption

americans are all the same tho??? :shrug:

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
much more homogeneous in terms of culture, much less homogeneous in terms of despair and therefore drinkin habits. iirc, including eastern europe

thoughts and prayers
Apr 22, 2013

Love heals all wounds. We hope you continually carry love in your heart. Today and always, may loving memories bring you peace, comfort, and strength. We sympathize with the family of (Name). We shall never forget you in our prayers and thoughts. I am at a loss for words during this sorrowful time.

Solice Kirsk posted:

There's kind of a contrary online thing (and in SA) that says this stuff is completely without merit, but there actually are people who will string someone along out of insecurity and neediness, mixing in social cues that are usually part of a budding sexual relationship, only for an ego and emotional boost. The truth is, though, that it's a minority of people who do that, and it's mostly a thing in adolescence when everyone is an insecure poo poo bag.

You see some super-hot types that pull it off until much later in life, but oh well - that's just life, deal with it.

Getting taken advantage of happens to everyone in the dating scene, and learning how to see it coming and avoid it is a worthwhile social/emotional skill to acquire. Let's face it - almost everyone is exposed to people like that, but healthy people either a) see it coming and bail or b) have it happen once or twice and go 'well that was stupid I should avoid that in the future' and move on.

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

I always liked the phrase "100 miles is a long way in Europe and 100 years is a long time in America". We drove from L.A to Black rock desert for burning man, and were astonished at how you could drive for days and not have the scenery change 'at all'.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
i like having friends who are girls.

whiter than a Wilco show
Mar 30, 2011

by FactsAreUseless

sneakyfrog posted:

i like having friends who are girls.

They are just using you for your friendship bro

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

ToxicSlurpee posted:

It isn't like a dating video game where the girl automatically says yes if a certain number is high enough.

Bank account might work on some of them.

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Solice Kirsk posted:

Yeah right like I'm just gonna pal around with a psychic vampire :rolleyes:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Tbh I have never heard of someone getting culture shock from moving to like, maryland from California. The biggest changes I’ve heard of has been like moving from a more rural area to urban. America is loving homogenous culture wise and the argument that just because it’s geographically big it’s got just as much differences in culture as other places is loving lol

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

whiter than a Wilco show posted:

They are just using you for your friendship bro

its cool. they cool.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Moving from the NE liberal bubble of major urban cities like NYC/Philly/BMore down south to like South Carolina was a brutal culture shock and a year later it still sucks mega bad and the only friends I’ve made are people from up north and we spend all our time talking about how much we hate it here.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I can't be friends with hot girls because eventually they all want my hog because I am INCREDIBLE

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

The concept of friendzoning is ironic because it's actually the woman who is being deceived into thinking she has a friend.

"I'm getting fuckzoned"

feedmegin
Jul 30, 2008

(sigh)

Your beers are about the same size coast to coast tho?

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

SciFiDownBeat posted:

The concept of friendzoning is ironic because it's actually the woman who is being deceived into thinking she has a friend.

"I'm getting fuckzoned"

Someone on SA once described the concept of "fuckzoning" as when a woman hooks up with a guy who has no romantic interest in her and falls under the impression that they are now dating

e: to be clear the woman is the fuckzoned one in this example

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Bust Rodd posted:

Moving from the NE liberal bubble of major urban cities like NYC/Philly/BMore down south to like South Carolina was a brutal culture shock and a year later it still sucks mega bad and the only friends I’ve made are people from up north and we spend all our time talking about how much we hate it here.

lol "i'm an expat in my own country"

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
In my experience people who say things like that are inflicting it entirely on themselves and not even giving people with the "wrong" accent/whatever a chance.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
i knew a black dude who moved to a white part of georgia and basically experienced that. he was originally nigerian so not overly educated on american race politics

and then someone told him off and told him to move to a black part of georgia, he went to atlanta, lived happily ever after

i'm sort of assuming everyone involved is pasty white tho in this sitch

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

You probably get the most culture shock moving from a red state to a blue state or vice-versa and everything else is just kind of a microcosm of that

quote:

My wife is out of town for a few days. I decided to buy a sex toy and enjoy myself while she's gone. Harmless, right? No problem, morally, right? I like big women. Not obese women, just large women. Tall, big thighs, big old booty. So, naturally, I ordered a big booty sex toy thing. It's supposed to be a big jiggly plastic rear end. The website said it would weigh about 30 pounds. I thought, oh, that's perfect. My six foot tall wife weighs more than 200 pounds and I pick her up and gently caress her on a regular basis. This should be no problem. NO PROBLEM AT ALL, I thought.

To spare you the details about how I masturbated with a plastic object, I'll just say this: I had to go to the hospital, the bill is ridiculous, I have multiple lower body injuries, I couldn't explain certain things to my Uber driver who took me to the hospital, I couldn't explain certain things to the hospital staff, and I couldn't clean up the situation I left at my house before I had to seek medical treatment.

My wife will be back in two days. I'm stuck in this hospital bed for three, so I've been told. Please pray for me.

lol

yeah honestly I heard "30-pound sex toy" and my first thought was "that sounds loving exhausting" but

drat what did you even do that you couldn't like clean up your jizz or whatever before summoning an Uber to go to the hospital (lol American healthcare)? Why would you send in this confession anonymously but still hold out on us like this??? More details plz

Followup from the guy who was considering whether he was molested by a priest:

quote:

First, to "Anne Whateley" (if that is your real name): thanks for taking a break from dunking on dudes in the /r/relationship thread to take a shot at delegitimizing male sexual abuse.

I actually did need a suppository once - I don't know if they've changed but yes it was commonb back then. But it wasn't administered in a room at my church, or by a man who isn't my dad, and didn't involve my penis at all... do I need to go on? :mad:

To loq: The person I suspect was named in the report as an abuser. I'm going to speak with a friend who is a lawyer in PA - but it's my understanding that the statue of limitations has passed, and he's already a documented sex pest numerous times over so I'm not sure what me coming forward would achieve other than stressing myself out. Plus to be frank, nobody's ever really given a poo poo about me, so I don't really feel an obligation to help others at the expense of my brittle mental health.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I also want to re-iterate these are vague memories, and based on my research any attempt to "recover" them is scientifically dubious. I've been trying some scientifically sound stuff (like watching Nicktoons like Doug and Rugrats and simpsons eps from 91/92.) Didn't seem to help but simpsons is good and cool so that's nice.

yeah my rec was to just let it go if you weren't contributing to the arrest of a child-molester, given that he's already busted I say just self-care your way through

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
My dude I absolutely wasn't trying to delegitimize anyone's sexual abuse (and fyi all genders have buttholes).

If now you remember your priest grabbing your dick at church, check with a lawyer and try to metaphorically murder him. Last time you posted, you remembered none of those three elements, you only referred to "I'd had these weird dreams that someone was trying to do something to my rear end." And you wondered if it were worth trying to uncover more memories, which you didn't believe in.

I just offered the possibility that that vague memory -- if it were limited to the butt, as I said -- could possibly be caused by a suppository. If you're now sure about the priest at the church with your dick, then of course that possibility isn't relevant at all, and that's fine.

wesleywillis
Dec 30, 2016

SUCK A MALE CAMEL'S DICK WITH MIRACLE WHIP!!
Sex toy dude, send a link to this 30 pound sex toy at least. Ummmmm asking for a friend.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

I moved from Philly to Texas and haven't wanted to kill myself from the chuds yet. Big picture stuff still kinda sucks, but interactions with individual people has been mostly fine.

Granted I moved to a left-ish area/college town, so YMMV

Shiki Dan
Oct 27, 2010

If ya can move ya toes ya back's fine

Bust Rodd posted:

If it makes you feel any better, we Southerners hate having you here too.

PostNouveau
Sep 3, 2011

VY till I die
Grimey Drawer
There's a criminal statute of limitations, but is there a civil one?

Church has deep pockets

alpaca diseases
May 19, 2009

Drunken Baker posted:

Yanks are poo poo at drinking. "20 beers at a ball game" is 20 stubby tins, which is what? 5 pints? Raise your aim.

How bitchmade people are at drinking aside, 20 beers at a ballgame must cost an absolute fuckload

Theophany
Jul 22, 2014

SUCCHIAMI IL MIO CAZZO DA DIETRO, RANA RAGAZZO

2022 FIA Formula 1 WDC

alpaca diseases posted:

How bitchmade people are at drinking aside, 20 beers at a ballgame must cost an absolute fuckload

Still beats watching a ballgame sober.

Adar
Jul 27, 2001

Shiki Dan posted:

If it makes you feel any better, we Southerners hate having you here too.

Why don’t you go secede about it

tactlessbastard
Feb 4, 2001

Godspeed, post
Fun Shoe

Anne Whateley posted:

My dude I absolutely wasn't trying to delegitimize anyone's sexual abuse (and fyi all genders have buttholes).

I would like to deligitimize anon's sexual abuse. He's broke brained and trying to invent a good reason for it so he doesn't have to take any responsibility for his state.

quote:

I have a lot of emotional problems, so bad my friends ask if I had a traumatic childhood.

Are your friends all psychiatrists? Or are you just an rear end in a top hat?

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
That anon has been trying scientifically sound stuff like watching nicktoons and Simpsons from 91 or 92

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Followup from the guy posting about Masons:

quote:

runupon cracker: lol thanks for repeating random stuff you read online, i'm so glad i had a man to explain freemasonry to me!

ACTUALLY freemasonry is totally ok (they require you to affirm a belief in a higher power, that doesn't conflict with being catholic at all) and has been for ages. The no freemason catholics thing is LITERALLY medieval. Or like, whatever the 1700s was.

And I never mentioned organized crime though I understand how many agree the police are simply a form of RICO.

So yes I stand by my assertion: What started as jerk offs getting each other out of parking tickets escalated to dudes getting out of domestic violence/rape charges, so then the pedos could lord that knowledge over said "Catholic Mafia"

If you ACTUALLY LISTENED to the casefiles ep I linked you'd know it's not a literal mafia, just assholes looking the other way on poo poo that escalated into a pedo protection ring. Jesus Christ Marie!

This one is short but sweet:

quote:

When I get stressed I yank out my toe nails and pour hydrogen peroxide in. The little crevices fill with blood and there’s an audible hissing noise as it bubbles.

It actually included a picture as an attachment but it's really gross and I kinda didn't want to upload to Imgur to link it unless someone explicitly tells me they want to see it, so if you want to see what appears to be a bloody toenail next to an intact thumb (for scale) let me know