Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
Has anyone done a shop of her getting shot by the national guard

<==wants that deep state pizza

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

It's entirely possible that some rich rear end in a top hat is bankrolling her activities. Not any less pathetic, but she's not necessarily headed for the CommunismKills gruel diet anytime soon.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
the rifle girl reminds me of this from the other day:

https://twitter.com/ThatMTSasquatch/status/1035844962640900096

quote:

On Monday, “War Room” host Owen Shroyer announced the start of an Infowars “street army” — fans and listeners wearing pro-Trump garb to non-political and non-Trump events and behaving provocatively on camera when possible [BruMac: What could go wrong?], then photographing or video recording the reactions, whether they turn violent or not.

In exchange for the videos and pictures, Shroyer is promising to promote people through the “ranks” in his “street army” ranging from private on up. While the group will initially depend on the creativity of individuals, Shroyer says they will eventually carry out coordinated actions.

“We go out in the real 3D realm to show how popular Trump really is,” Shroyer said.

Shroyer also pitched an idea he calls “university wars,” encouraging college students to wear “Make America Great Again” hats and T-shirts to classes as schools return to session in the coming weeks.

Shroyer also pushed students to film their professors being “anti-American, racist, communist, anti-Trump, whatever it is.” The idea is similar to the “professor watch list” crowdsourced by conservative student group Turning Point USA.

Along with recording professors, Shroyer encouraged followers to drop large banners bearing the Infowars name at college football games, particularly at some of the largest stadiums in the country and schools that have been targets for racist “alt-right” front man Richard Spencer and other activists — the University of Michigan, Penn State and the University of Tennessee.

“It’s time to get active,” Shroyer said in a recently broadcast show. “It’s time to push the pedal to the metal.”

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 10:24 on Sep 3, 2018

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
but this ain't exactly new and it seems like the colleges have wised up a lot.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Casimir Radon posted:

It's entirely possible that some rich rear end in a top hat is bankrolling her activities. Not any less pathetic, but she's not necessarily headed for the CommunismKills gruel diet anytime soon.

Yes. The "Big Daddy" industry

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
From down under

https://twitter.com/slackbastard/status/1036548377754906624

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also this is from day 2 of the houston protest outside the islamic conference. smaller on sunday but this right-wing group was prowling around looking to jump stragglers:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/chick_in_kiev/status/1036364296127762432

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
https://twitter.com/Techmeme/status/1036608313558032385

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Twitter jack is scum and he'll die rich because nothing matters

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

the only criticism I have of this twitter thread is the claim that these videos are making "a lot of money"

purely from advertising most of these channels are probably making around two to five thousand dollars a year, and a lot of them have been outright demonetized

that said it's still a major problem, even though you don't get immediately fed dogshit in your reccs like you would a year ago it's still really easy for a certain demographic to get dragged into this world if the first political video they watch is reactionary garbage that uses the same coded language as they see used in a lot of the de facto male-only spaces of the internet

drilldo squirt
Aug 18, 2006

a beautiful, soft meat sack
Clapping Larry

It's almost like he sucks.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
bernie is going on joe rogan to watch ape videos and smoke weed

Samovar
Jun 4, 2011

When I want to relax, I read an essay by Engels. When I want something more serious, I read Corto Maltese.

Since I am an absolute luddite when it comes to Twitter as a business, is there any way he could be forced out?

Edit: That doesn't involve Monsieur Guillotine, of course.

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

SpaceGoku posted:

the only criticism I have of this twitter thread is the claim that these videos are making "a lot of money"

purely from advertising most of these channels are probably making around two to five thousand dollars a year, and a lot of them have been outright demonetized

that said it's still a major problem, even though you don't get immediately fed dogshit in your reccs like you would a year ago it's still really easy for a certain demographic to get dragged into this world if the first political video they watch is reactionary garbage that uses the same coded language as they see used in a lot of the de facto male-only spaces of the internet

I will not be satisfied until each view and ad impression translates to a punch in the face of the creator.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
youtubes slowly getting better. I can't tell if that's because leftist and liberal channels have overtaken right wing channels in popularity over the past year and a half or because of google and demonetization

maybe a bit of both

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Samovar posted:

Since I am an absolute luddite when it comes to Twitter as a business, is there any way he could be forced out?
Oh there's a way alright

quote:

But...I wanted to... awwwwww

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

Solid Poopsnake posted:

I will not be satisfied until each view and ad impression translates to a punch in the face of the creator.

I'm gonna be honest here and say: yeah, that would own

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
im glad jack didnt stick his head out for the proud boys and gavin, those fuckers were the most annoying. spencer is irrelevant

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

Jack didn't want his lookalike Gavin Mcinnes shoving foreign things in his rear end for the world to see

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Reclines Obesily posted:

whom amongst us wouldn't?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 28 days!)

Bernie is gonna go into the sensory deprivation tank and embrace the Prachanda Path.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Samovar posted:

I realised today that my suspended account (I said Elon's dad was an apartheid slaveowner) doesn't let me adjust any of my personal info - my phone number is still in there which means Twitter still has it.

I'm not in Europe, but I did just spend half the start of the year prepping my firm for GDPR compliance and that's a pretty big no no under GDPR rules. Basically Twitter has to delete all the personal information about a (European) user if they ask. If you could somehow reach out to a bunch of European users with suspended accounts and let them know they can make some money off of this (GDPR is loving insane in its penalties and yes you could literally sue a company just for storing your personal info after you ask them to delete it), Twitter could have a big ol' brouhaha on their hands.

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

Reclines Obesily posted:

Gorilla Channel?

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
i do wonder what youtube will look like in a few years.

"creators" who were talking about the death of the MSM a few years ago are supremely asspained in 2018 now that the MSM are frequently trending and getting millions and millions of views a day. even stuff like colbert who has been on break for a month is getting millions of views on his trump rants

hell its not just news stuff, the wwe had 1.2 billion views last month alone. corporations have taken it over

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

whom amongst us wouldn't?

i think rogan is a tool but i liked newsradio, i assume he wrote and directed :2bong:

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

pathetic little tramp posted:

I realised today that my suspended account (I said Elon's dad was an apartheid slaveowner) doesn't let me adjust any of my personal info - my phone number is still in there which means Twitter still has it.

I'm not in Europe, but I did just spend half the start of the year prepping my firm for GDPR compliance and that's a pretty big no no under GDPR rules. Basically Twitter has to delete all the personal information about a (European) user if they ask. If you could somehow reach out to a bunch of European users with suspended accounts and let them know they can make some money off of this (GDPR is loving insane in its penalties and yes you could literally sue a company just for storing your personal info after you ask them to delete it), Twitter could have a big ol' brouhaha on their hands.

Is the fact that Twitter is an American company a problem for this? Can they be held accountable by the GDPR?

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ms. baked alaska

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AtQuASmbWvM

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:
i think the difference between the scary alt right and the laughable ones isn't the level of violence they're willing to raise to but the fact that they actually don't realize that they shouldn't publish things that make them look bad

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

paradoxGentleman posted:

Is the fact that Twitter is an American company a problem for this? Can they be held accountable by the GDPR?

They absolutely can be. GDPR applies if you serve any European consumers at all (it's a really insane law in its scope). My firm is American as apple pie, but we have European customers so we had to be extremely on the up and up.

Fun fact for getting rid of trackers and ads as you browse, get a VPN that sets your location as Germany or something, a lot of sites have Europe-specific versions of their sites with no trackers.

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

Fascist pig

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

https://youtu.be/WXCyDanffrw

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012
https://twitter.com/RobertZapp/status/1036616728120307713?s=19

https://twitter.com/RobertZapp/status/1036698565429604352?s=19

:smug:

idiots like him always pivot to the "the REEL racists"

BornAPoorBlkChild has issued a correction as of 20:41 on Sep 3, 2018

kitten emergency
Jan 13, 2008

get meow this wack-ass crystal prison

Reclines Obesily posted:

i do wonder what youtube will look like in a few years.

"creators" who were talking about the death of the MSM a few years ago are supremely asspained in 2018 now that the MSM are frequently trending and getting millions and millions of views a day. even stuff like colbert who has been on break for a month is getting millions of views on his trump rants

hell its not just news stuff, the wwe had 1.2 billion views last month alone. corporations have taken it over

eventually they're going to paywall everything that isn't from an actual Big Company and/or prevent you from uploading without paying them. at some point the magical money fountain runs out and advertisers will stop subsidizing internet media. the next dot-com burst will be the adtech bubble.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

i lust for adtech death

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747
i just got a screenshot from someone of the new Iron Front logo and its literally the antifa arrows but the circle is basically captain america's shield

im screaming

Mr Interweb
Aug 25, 2004

https://twitter.com/aterfoddbitch/status/1036428729495351297

Doktor Avalanche
Dec 30, 2008

Race Realists posted:

idiots like him always pivot to the "the REEL racists"

Libertarian Texan dad and creative professional, proponent of the west, individual liberty and free market capitalism. Oppose collectivism on left and right.

the only thing that's not a shithead badge in his bio is "dad", everything else is red flag after red flag

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

not a cult posted:

Libertarian Texan dad and creative professional, proponent of the west, individual liberty and free market capitalism. Oppose collectivism on left and right.

the only thing that's not a shithead badge in his bio is "dad", everything else is red flag after red flag

Collectivism is one of the fundamental things that Liberarianism is based around lol, even Ayn Rand was pro-union

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.
I'm ashamed to say I actually want to hear what Steve Bannon has to say at the New Yorker event even though it is already canceled. He bills himself as some kind of chessmaster genius but he so obviously falls short. I'm just wondering if he has some new angle or theory now that he has been making Nazi friends in Europe.

This kind of thing is exactly how the normies and the nazis team up to get publicity for themselves and risk genocide for everyone else.