Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Platystemon posted:

Coke would taste better if it had at least thirty‐five percent less sugar, with nothing substituted in its stead.

Chinotto Cola, it's pretty good. Bisleri is the largest brand and it is, of course, owned by the Coca-Cola Amatil company.

Ok this is ridiculous I've hit nothing but page snipes all day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

BIG FLUFFY DOG posted:

Where have you been? All major American corporations have been expected to have constant and never-ending growth by investors for years now.

Longer than that; Marx wrote about it.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Platystemon posted:

CokePepsi would taste better if it had at least thirty‐five percent less sugar, with nothing substituted in its stead.

FTFY

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pepsi is even worse than Coke in this regard, :agreed:.

Memento posted:

Chinotto Cola, it's pretty good. Bisleri is the largest brand and it is, of course, owned by the Coca-Cola Amatil company.

:siren: Everyone PYF fizzy drink so I can fill a cart.

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

People say it tastes like cough syrup but I like Dr Pepper

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Platystemon posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afqVbh_WhLA

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Phlegmish posted:

People say it tastes like cough syrup but I like Dr Pepper

It's an excellent medium for floats.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Why would I pay for what I get for free every month

Trig Discipline
Jun 3, 2008

Please leave the room if you think this might offend you.
Grimey Drawer

Pick posted:

Why would I pay for what I get for free every month

It's not a can of herpes is it?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Platystemon posted:

Mellow Yellow

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

Nike shares fall as backlash erupts over new ad campaign featuring Colin Kaepernick

https://twitter.com/Kaepernick7/status/1036695513251434498

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

Look at shares for companies like Adidas and Puma while you’re at it.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

Platystemon posted:

Coke would taste better if it had at least thirty‐five percent less sugar, with nothing substituted in its stead.

I was so excited to finally find sugar-free bread at the grocery store and I got home and it tasted like loving candy because instead of sugar they put a fuckton of Stevia in it.

I just want one thing that I consume to NOT taste sweet why is that so dang difficult :smith:

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Like Nordstrom, it's probably going to go way up after this.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

How is this a dumb marketing move? It's worldwide news and Nike come out of it looking great.

e: plus the article points out their shares are up 27.5 percent so far this year and this news has sent them 'tumbling' to where they were on the 17th of August.

Necrothatcher has a new favorite as of 23:33 on Sep 5, 2018

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Necrothatcher posted:

How is this a dumb marketing move? It's worldwide news and Nike come out of it looking great.

They took a risk and short term results are iffy. Boycotts never work, but there's always that chance this time will be different.

But Nike didn't take a risk. They've focus grouped the poo poo out of this issue and are confident they're just ahead of the curve so when everything shakes out, Nike looks like the brand of tomorrow. Give it two weeks and other brands will be clambering over themselves to out-Nike Nike. That or the CEO retires for 'personal reasons'.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

It is pretty focused group, since Nike's main consumer base is black youth.

They're probably going to sell plenty of Transformers-branded shoes to parents this Christmas too.

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

Depressio111117 posted:

I was so excited to finally find sugar-free bread at the grocery store and I got home and it tasted like loving candy because instead of sugar they put a fuckton of Stevia in it.

I just want one thing that I consume to NOT taste sweet why is that so dang difficult :smith:

If you have a couple hours a week to spare baking is a drat fine hobby.

You know, just saying.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

I guess the Nike shares did technically fall the other day but it's just a blip on the radar. Nobody will remember it.

Depressio111117
Oct 18, 2014

A whole world of imagination beyond the oompah band.

ToxicSlurpee posted:

If you have a couple hours a week to spare baking is a drat fine hobby.

You know, just saying.

Honestly that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. My last name is Baker so it’s pretty much my destiny anyway.

The Lone Badger
Sep 24, 2007

Depressio111117 posted:

sugar-free bread

Wait what

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Most bread recipes have sugar in it.

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

Depressio111117 posted:

Honestly that’s probably what I’ll end up doing. My last name is Baker so it’s pretty much my destiny anyway.

You might consider getting yourself a bread machine. It does the hard work for you, at the cost of washing its components maybe being a bit of a hassle

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Something something American bread is cake

ToxicSlurpee
Nov 5, 2003

-=SEND HELP=-

Pillbug

SatansOnion posted:

You might consider getting yourself a bread machine. It does the hard work for you, at the cost of washing its components maybe being a bit of a hassle

Kneading bread by hand is zen as all get out. Just something about hands on dough.

But yeah, most bread recipes have sugar but stuff like store bought white bread is practically cake. You also don't NEED sugar for bread. Granted in store bread it's also likely to be a poo poo load of corn syrup instead of actual sugar. Well it's technically sugar but you know what I mean.

Normal American bread is too sweet. I want bread not cake.

Schubalts
Nov 26, 2007

People say bigger is better.

But for the first time in my life, I think I've gone too far.
Don't know what American bread you've been buying if it's as sweet as cake. Only bread actually marketed as being sweet is sweet.

Helith
Nov 5, 2009

Basket of Adorables

Generally yeasted bread recipes call for about a teaspoon of sugar to feed and activate the yeast. You don't need more than that unless you are making a sweet bread specifically.
Commercial bread probably uses a lot more sugar because it also acts as a preservative so makes your bread last longer and it also makes your bread softer.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

Mu Zeta posted:

I guess the Nike shares did technically fall the other day but it's just a blip on the radar. Nobody will remember it.

Yeah I was talking with some people at work about it - he read an article that was like "Woah Nike plummets!" and I asked him to look up by what %, becuase if it was significant I am confident enough to buy. At that time it was like 1.7% or some other rounding error.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

CommonShore posted:

Yeah I was talking with some people at work about it - he read an article that was like "Woah Nike plummets!" and I asked him to look up by what %, becuase if it was significant I am confident enough to buy. At that time it was like 1.7% or some other rounding error.

It fell from 82.something to ~80.

It's a super tiny blip, not worth buying into.

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

Schubalts posted:

Don't know what American bread you've been buying if it's as sweet as cake. Only bread actually marketed as being sweet is sweet.

I bought some of those "sweet breads" you're talking about, and I gotta say, it's a lot more savoury than I thought it would be.

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.
Moving back to England after living in America was a revelation because I'd straight up forgotten what normal bread is supposed to taste like. You guys put corn syrup in everything!

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos

Helith posted:

Generally yeasted bread recipes call for about a teaspoon of sugar to feed and activate the yeast. You don't need more than that unless you are making a sweet bread specifically.
Commercial bread probably uses a lot more sugar because it also acts as a preservative so makes your bread last longer and it also makes your bread softer.
Last but not least it makes it brown much easier in cheap rear end toasters.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

zedprime posted:

Last but not least it makes it brown much easier in cheap rear end-toasters.

fixed

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I can brown that bread in my rear end-toaster.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.
I eat rear end-bread.

This popped up in my Instagram feed:

Is it just me or is "If you want your house to be clean and you use our vacuum you're going to need to vacuum 10 times a week" not the best sort of slogan?

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.

Phanatic posted:

I eat rear end-bread.

This popped up in my Instagram feed:

Is it just me or is "If you want your house to be clean and you use our vacuum you're going to need to vacuum 10 times a week" not the best sort of slogan?

Depends, do the people you live with not take off their loving shoes despite having a loving MUDROOM RIGHT GODDAMN THERE THAT THEY HAVE TO WALK THROUGH TO GET INSIDE?

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
If they have a heavily shedding pet in NoAngeles you'd better hope they're vacuuming twice a day.

PhazonLink
Jul 17, 2010

Volcott posted:

Depends, do the people you live with not take off their loving shoes despite having a loving MUDROOM RIGHT GODDAMN THERE THAT THEY HAVE TO WALK THROUGH TO GET INSIDE?

look at this 1% that has a mud room.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002
I knew a guy that vacuumed, shampooed, and brushed the carpet on the main level of his house every day. I wonder how many of these he's bought.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Atmus posted:

I knew a guy that vacuumed, shampooed, and brushed the carpet on the main level of his house every day. I wonder how many of these he's bought.
I wonder how many times that carpet's been replaced. That has to be some serious wear and tear.

(Originally worded as "I wonder how much carpet he got through," then thought better of it.)