Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

dont try and look at his build though. it is silly, pathed everywhere for inspired learnings.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Awesome! posted:

they borrowed like a mirror worth of map poo poo in the last hour

What would this be other than maps?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Wonder Weapon posted:

Stuff to roll maps with

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Awesome! posted:

dont try and look at his build though. it is silly, pathed everywhere for inspired learnings.

I would probably just use Dan's Scion build or one of the other popular ones from last season.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

The Wonder Weapon posted:

tons of sextants and alchs/scours/chaos for aggressively rerolling for beyond. they also bought a bunch of rats prophecies but im not sure how much they are.

The Wonder Weapon
Dec 16, 2006

Awesome! posted:

tons of sextants and alchs/scours/chaos for aggressively rerolling for beyond. they also bought a bunch of rats prophecies but im not sure how much they are.

And they used a mirrors worth? That is A LOT of that stuff. Plague of rats is worthless, the hard part is getting someone to sell it to you.

Awesome!
Oct 17, 2008

Ready for adventure!

they bought a bunch of t16 maps too obviously

Fuzzy Mammal
Aug 15, 2001

Lipstick Apathy

Papercut posted:

I would probably just use Dan's Scion build or one of the other popular ones from last season.

FYI don't be like me and try this straight out of the gate. You'll definitely want a tabula, the threshold jewels and call of the brotherhood or some other way to bootstrap a level, such as a few dozen regrets, to make it work.

Papercut
Aug 24, 2005

Fuzzy Mammal posted:

FYI don't be like me and try this straight out of the gate. You'll definitely want a tabula, the threshold jewels and call of the brotherhood or some other way to bootstrap a level, such as a few dozen regrets, to make it work.

Yeah I had a call of the brotherhood and chin sol drop on my starter build today and could easily farm up a tabula. I'll get enough currency to at least fill out the basics first.

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK
Does GGG give the first person to reach 100 anything?

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2207418/

quote:

Yesterday we mentioned that we are working on making Azurite and Delve Upgrades shared between characters in the same league on your account. Today we want to talk about other improvements to Delve that we have planned for the very near future.

These aren't patch notes, but just a list of concepts we are working on. If they succeed, we'll patch them in within a few days.

• Changing the EMP charge-up animation and adding effects so that it is much more clearly signalled.
  • Sharing Azurite and Upgrades between characters in the same league on your account.
  • Fixing the bug where Azurite gets stuck in walls.
  • Fixing the bug where your light radius is sometimes visually displayed way too large, which confuses people into thinking the upgrade isn't important. Also it causes monsters that are actually in the darkness to appear like they really should be damageable.
  • Change it so that one Dynamite is always enough to destroy a Fractured Wall. This may make the Dynamite Damage upgrade sound pointless, but try using it on the monsters in really deep depths.
  • Changing flares so that they light instantly, protecting you, and travel to the location that you targeted. They will still use instant-casting.
  • Increasing the light radius of flares.
  • Adding better hinting that a Fractured Wall is near to a specific location on the Crawler's path. Did you know that there's always one in each cell that doesn't have an encounter?
  • Resolving the bug where sometimes the Crawler can teleport away, leaving you in darkness.

We're also working on plenty of other things, but the above ones are ones we wanted to specifically mention as a heads up.

Thanks again for your continued feedback!

Holyshoot
May 6, 2010

boredsatellite posted:

This is a tense race

the one with the most bitch boys wins? glad thats what racing boils down too lmbo

Rynoto
Apr 27, 2009
It doesn't help that I'm fat as fuck, so my face shouldn't be shown off in the first place.
That's what racing has always been.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Turd Herder posted:

Does GGG give the first person to reach 100 anything?
rsi

Xeras
Oct 11, 2004

Only a few find the way, some don't recognize it when they do - some... don't ever want to.

TheRat posted:

https://pastebin.com/CUqyTh8H - Guardian Smite (herald of purity links are not at all set in stone)

What are you running for your animated guardian on this? I have only used AG on spectre builds.

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

Xeras posted:

What are you running for your animated guardian on this? I have only used AG on spectre builds.

I just tossed on singularity+cassock+leer cast+victario's flight+springleaf+southbound

e: Flight, not influence

TheRat fucked around with this message at 08:06 on Sep 4, 2018

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!

Dang, if all those changes make it in that'd be most of my problems with this league insta-gone.

Except for the part where you still have to play the lovely stale part of the game to earn enough fun bux to play the cool new part of the game

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

TheRat posted:

I just tossed on singularity+cassock+leer cast+victario's influence+springleaf+southbound

Why the influence? Does the hinder from singularity count as an aura skill and the aoe is thus boosted? Or the leer cast?

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

McFrugal posted:

Why the influence? Does the hinder from singularity count as an aura skill and the aoe is thus boosted? Or the leer cast?

Uh, mybad. Victario's flight :>

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

Hi, posting about Scourge Arrow. Playing Doomfletch Scourge Arrow Deadeye right now, just did Uber Lab at 89 and it was easy because I do a lot of damage.

Scourge Arrow is relatively good. I've tried switching in another skill (Tornado Shot, Rain of Arrows) in a few times and I guess it's faster but Scourge Arrow's single target is much better than the other skills and it's really not slow like people think. There is one big problem with the skill that no one at GGG acknowledged and no one else pointed out because no one wants to play the skill: the pods are spawned at certain distances away from the initial arrow and if the arrow stops existing it makes no pods. The reason this is a huge problem with this skill in particular is because it means if you're trying to hit enemies on the other side of a doorway then gently caress you. This is especially bad when enemies are clumped on at the doorway and you don't have phasing to walk through them, meaning you just have to blink arrow directly into the pack to hit them, or you stand near the doorway and get smacked around while uselessly firing arrows into the wall that don't hit any enemies. Also, if a boss is standing on a wall, the only good way to hit them is to stand near the wall and shoot parallel to it and hope the arrow doesn't actually touch the wall. Both of these problems kind of suck, but at least arrows will fly over rocks unlike ground based projectiles. Honestly though the initial arrow should just be special and pass through terrain or some poo poo, but I guess GGG has a big problem with people being able to shoot around doorways because it lets people kill monsters too safely, a problem that doesn't really make a lot of sense with how the game is right now.

Like, remember how GGG removed all the loot from the statue boss in act 3 because they moved the waypoint next to him in the marketplace? Yes, in the era of incredibly popular MF Deadeyes farming tens of thousands of Burial Chambers and getting so much loot so fast that rares are ignored completely and 99% of currency/unique drops are skipped, GGG is scared as gently caress of people farming a lvl 20 boss for loot because it's relatively close to a waypoint.

Also, GGG said they would probably change Scourge Arrow a few weeks into the league, and their initial idea was to make GMP apply to the main projectile but still spawn 5 pods for 5 stacks of channeling. This... doesn't really accomplish poo poo. The main projectile is not the primary source of damage for the skill and even with GMP would not be a particularly good way to cover a large area. It doesn't fix the wall/doorway issue at all and I see no reason you'd ever use GMP with the skill. On the other hand, I'm not sure GGG wouldn't make other changes that don't make the skill worse overall, so honestly they might actually kill the skill. For example, right now Scourge Arrow only costs mana to start the attack and doesn't cost mana to build up channeled stacks. Like yeah I'm sure this is unintended but it makes the skill actually usable. The skill costs the same mana as Tornado Shot but also has a 85% more attack speed multiplier, meaning it burns almost twice as much mana as Tornado Shot. Also, the skill doesn't leech at all while channeling, and a lot of builds only have enough mana to use Tshot like twice without leeching. If they fix the mana usage while not changing the mana cost for the skill it would loving suck.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Im using both toxic rain and caustin arrow to level right now and man toxic rain seems really satisfying to play with. Using Mirage Archer with it while equipped with a quill rain and I'm just raining incredible amounts of chaos damage.

Of course Im only at act 5 so who knows how things will turn out but this has been a lovely levelling experience

Also yeah I've been using scourage arrow and agreed with all the problems pointed out there. I'm just using to build up rapid stacks of virulence really and while the damage of it is really good it's so limited by so many other factors. Adding more arrows to the initial shot won't do much, hell thats not what I want

Svensken
May 29, 2010
I think Caustic Arrow beats Caustic Rain as a Pathfinder simply due to its superior scaling with the 50% increased area node. CR doesn't get any single target benefit due to how its arrow spread works (afaik).

Also, the delay before the prods explode feels real bad imo.

boredsatellite
Dec 7, 2013

Oh definetly, caustic arrow will be my main skill late game. But its incredibly satisfying to fire and forget toxic rain while levelling. I tend to be killing enemies with the initial poison anyway rather than the explosions. And I'm already sprinting off

Turd Herder
May 21, 2008

BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK BALLCOCK

I had to google it but found this.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1665634

Thats loving hilarious .

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy
Being able to move with keys, even if just in 8 directions, would be goddamn amazing for so many builds, compared to swinging the mouse around the screen constantly, but the fanbase will eat you alive if you suggest it because "HAVE YOU PLAYED ARGPS BEFORE DIABLO@ IS THE BEST", and GGG seems to be at the core of that mentality :(

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

There was a streamer by the name of NoHandsKen who is quadriplegic and played hardcore poe using a mouth mouse and he's my personal hero but I've not seen him in like a year and I'm worried :smith:

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Truga posted:

Being able to move with keys, even if just in 8 directions, would be goddamn amazing for so many builds, compared to swinging the mouse around the screen constantly, but the fanbase will eat you alive if you suggest it because "HAVE YOU PLAYED ARGPS BEFORE DIABLO@ IS THE BEST", and GGG seems to be at the core of that mentality :(

This sounds like it would be a good idea up until you have to play labyrinth or any map with terrain features

Vulpes
Nov 13, 2002

Well, shit.
Can't decide whether to evolve my self-cast arc into PP Arc/LW or Tri-herald. It seems like Tri-herald is probably a better playstyle for delves? I'd be worried about LW sending me off into the darkness to be surrounded by invincible mobs and beaten to death. Are they comparable for mapping?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh
You could always just swap out LW in a delve or similar situation if needed...?

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007
Someone help me figure out where to Delve

I've checked all the three 2-connection nodes that I've pathed through and not a single one has a breakable wall, they don't have any paths out from the nodes themselves to the west/north at all. I guess it could be the 3-connect on the left but what is this 'no nodes with 2 connections' bullshit then?

nerox
May 20, 2001

Insurrectionist posted:

Someone help me figure out where to Delve

I've checked all the three 2-connection nodes that I've pathed through and not a single one has a breakable wall, they don't have any paths out from the nodes themselves to the west/north at all. I guess it could be the 3-connect on the left but what is this 'no nodes with 2 connections' bullshit then?

https://imgur.com/a/v8OntbJ

All of these can connect to one or both of those currency nodes.

Insurrectionist
May 21, 2007

nerox posted:

https://imgur.com/a/v8OntbJ

All of these can connect to one or both of those currency nodes.

Thought 1-connection nodes couldn't connect, or was that whole thing just a thing people who browse too much Reddit made up?

AggressivelyStupid
Jan 9, 2012

One path dead ends can't, unless they connect to multiple hidden rooms

Herewaard
Jun 20, 2003

Lipstick Apathy
People have seemed to find exception to that 2-connection rule when you aren't very deep yet. Possibly in any area where Niko or something along those lines.

Control Volume
Dec 31, 2008

Yeah I'm guessing the ring to the left leads to the top currency, but the 2-link on the bottom of the pic is weird because it seems like an obvious candidate. Best bet is to ignore it, go deeper, and come back later when you have a shitload of sulphur

ShutteredIn
Mar 24, 2005

El Campeon Mundial del Acordeon

Majumbo posted:

People have seemed to find exception to that 2-connection rule when you aren't very deep yet. Possibly in any area where Niko or something along those lines.

Niko’s main shaft that he digs regardless of what you do ignores the 2 node thing entirely.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
Oh man I got the Thief's Torment that I was planning on buying as a lab drop!

Fun fact! Life gain on hit from claws + Thief's Torment + Ancestral Call + Multistrike + Molten Strike + 11 projectiles = I'm immortal in the dark. I can't kill the monsters but it's life gain on HIT, not life gain on KILL!

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get
I love it when GGG gets salty - people were calling them lazy because they hadn't fixed the league yet and Chris was all "calm the gently caress down, its a sunday."

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Lechtansi posted:

I love it when GGG gets salty - people were calling them lazy because they hadn't fixed the league yet and Chris was all "calm the gently caress down, its a sunday."

As a software engineer, people calling us lazy gets me kinda salty as well. After about 2 decades in the industry, I've never seen a lazy coder keep their job for more than a couple of months. On the other hand, I've seen a lot of garbage quality code pushed into source control around 3am, cause that's how this poo poo rolls.

There are very few lazy coders around, it's just not the kind of occupation that invites people who aren't dedicated to what they do.

That being said, I'm really enjoying the Guardian with Cohorts playstyle. Smite is a crazy good melee skill, and Herald of Purity with the Guardian buffs is dumb good. With the minion nodes contributing to both, I don't think I've ever had this easy time leveling SSF. I pathed out of my way to get 2 specters and the minion nodes there, but that might have been a mistake. It'd probably be better just to convert Smite all the way into lightning and capitalize on that. On the other hand, when my gaggle of minions catches up with me, they delete things very fast even if I have to jump out. Dominating Blow is interesting, but I've used it mostly for tagging good rare monsters so far. I'm thinking about doing a weapon swap with it for boss killing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.
Does anyone have a build they really like for Delving that deletes stuff without slowing down? I'm running an Ahn's Might Cleave Jugg that feels pretty good survivability-wise, but it's a bit slow sometimes. I'm thinking maybe RF for blitzing through killing everything, curious if anyone has experience they'd like to share positively/negatively