Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Helter Skelter posted:

Right but there are five beams, and status appears to be split among them like a pellet shotgun. Going to 100% status makes a significant difference in this case.

I don't see how it could change the status chance unless the gun has really wide spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

The spread has nothing to do with shotgun status rules :confused:

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

DoombatINC posted:

The spread has nothing to do with shotgun status rules :confused:

Because beam weapons only deal damage as one tick, and multiple beams hitting the same target only adds additional damage without doing anything for status chance. From what I've read about beam weapons on the wiki it shouldn't make any difference unless each of those beams is hitting a different target.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Sandweed posted:

Protip for Ivaras bow: Heavy Caliber.

Any protips for getting it to drop? I think I have 5 tainted mags.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

turn off the TV posted:

Because beam weapons only deal damage as one tick, and multiple beams hitting the same target only adds additional damage without doing anything for status chance. From what I've read about beam weapons on the wiki it shouldn't make any difference unless each of those beams is hitting a different target.

Try it with Vicious Spread. Phantasma has some weird and wacky stuff going on.

turn off the TV
Aug 4, 2010

moderately annoying

Well then, this is uh a lot of corrosive procs.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

It is very funny with gas/electric against corpus.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

hobbesmaster posted:

Any protips for getting it to drop? I think I have 5 tainted mags.

Try the clanchat.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Sandweed posted:

Try the clanchat.

That's how I got my Heavy Caliber. Drop rate is 100%.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Dravs posted:

What is the best way to build Khora? I'm guessing heavy power strength and range? And how should I build Venari?

Check Avulsion's and my post history, we just discussed Khora over the recent pages and he also has some posts about whip claw. It'd be nice to have like a community info dump somewhere with basic builds and tips and such.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011

Avulsion posted:

Check your mods list for Cat's Eye (Adarza) or Mischief (Smeeta). I think the appropriate mods is automatically added to your inventory when you incubate a Kavat.

Hope you have a shitload of forma!

Amprex (or another high crit primary) to boost Venari's crit through Hunter Synergy's Crit-Link, Synoid Gammacor to look cool and feed me energy while I whip people. I will occasionally use the Gammacor to apply corrosive procs to heavily armored targets, otherwise it's all whips all day.

Strategy: Spam 1 and 4 a lot, use the cat to heal yourself. Use 2 to pull people into your 4 and then whip them.

A bit back but thank you for the post, recently made her and a rough outline of what works on her is helpful.

Teeter
Jul 21, 2005

Hey guys! I'm having a good time, what about you?

I just started playing this after giving it a try a few years ago. A lot of the game has changed and I'm basically starting from scratch but I played all weekend to figure out most of the game mechanics and power my way up to MR5.

I'm in the Goon clan and have already started using the Dojo for trading (earned 200p already!) but I'm really lost for what else I can do in there. I've read that there are special clan-related weapons/blueprints that I can get? Where do I go to access these?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

Teeter posted:

I just started playing this after giving it a try a few years ago. A lot of the game has changed and I'm basically starting from scratch but I played all weekend to figure out most of the game mechanics and power my way up to MR5.

I'm in the Goon clan and have already started using the Dojo for trading (earned 200p already!) but I'm really lost for what else I can do in there. I've read that there are special clan-related weapons/blueprints that I can get? Where do I go to access these?

Check out the labs - they're the four doors leading off the main entrance area.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

END ME SCOOB posted:

Update: 21 runs in I have finally gotten a second Atlas part. 20 chassis and 1 neuroptics.

assuming you got the twenty chassis in a row, that's statistically extremely impressive. I know that you got the part eventually, but still.

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

:negative:

surfacelevelspeck
Oct 1, 2008

communism's sleepiest soldier

isn't the -% to grineer basically completely overshadowed by the guaranteed triple-crit and insane multishot? that riven looks amazing to me :aaa:

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

the main issue is that it's for the stug, which has garbage crit and a weird way to inflict status that's practically useless along with being a janky and more or less unworkable weapon even with a good riven

Hobold
Jan 10, 2012

I love my Cutlass
I love big stompy mechs
I love my HOTAS
I love to salvage wrecks
I love Star Citizen, and all it's craziness
GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA, GOONDEYADA
College Slice

Johnny Joestar posted:

the main issue is that it's for the stug, which has garbage crit and a weird way to inflict status that's practically useless along with being a janky and more or less unworkable weapon even with a good riven

This. 5% base crit, 0% crit on hit, unlisted 10% crit on bubble pop.

McKilligan
May 13, 2007

Acey Deezy

In-game name?

Dravs posted:

What is the best way to build Khora? I'm guessing heavy power strength and range? And how should I build Venari?

I built my khora with as much range and power strength as I could - I'm not min-maxed in any way, but I want my Stangledome to cover as much ground as possible, since watching a dozen enemies dangle and flail helplessly as barb-wire hooks yank them into the ceiling will never not be hilarious to me. If you've never seen a fissure range-boosted Khora cover an entire map in barbwire webs you haven't lived.

If you have a good melee riven, definitely use it with Khora, since your melee weapon's stats are transferred to Whipclaw.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I got a burst laser riven last night. :geno:

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Synthbuttrange posted:

I got a burst laser riven last night. :geno:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Prisma_Burst_Laser

Get started with the forma.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

To effectively use that I'd probably need a completely seperate secondary mod set. :effort:

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

One day I’ll get that last khora piece...

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
Made my first cat and gosh I'm so proud of this pretty Smeeta.

Her name is Immortan Meow, because her colors reminded me of Fury Road's aesthetic. She is far from mediocre. :3:

If anyone would like her imprints, be my guest. Her offspring would most assuredly be :perfect:

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ritznit posted:

Made my first cat and gosh I'm so proud of this pretty Smeeta.

Her name is Immortan Meow, because her colors reminded me of Fury Road's aesthetic. She is far from mediocre. :3:

If anyone would like her imprints, be my guest. Her offspring would most assuredly be :perfect:

drat that is a lovely catte. I'd love to get imprints for them but... I don't even have the cattery built, so it'd be a bit of time before I could pass the imprint on to another goon after.

If that didn't bother you I'd really like imprints though!

Cinnamon Bear
Aug 29, 2016

by FactsAreUseless
Today in my newbie adventures I finally got around to getting a dog. And had the last piece of Oberon, friend of dogs, drop. The dog (Raksa) is fugly but she's big and strong and my friend.

I'm pretty excited to try out Oberon. So far I've only had a chance to play Excalibur, Mesa, Rhino, and Trinity Prime. Mesa has been my favorite so far due to her kit covering a lot of bases, and I see Oberon also has a pretty versatile set of abilities. Hopefully I'll enjoy him as much as Mesa!

I'm still 3 days out from actually being able to use him, but whats the general idea I should be going for when gearing Oberon? I just hit Saturn, so I probably won't have the best stuff but it'd be good to know what to aim for.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

Tsurupettan posted:

drat that is a lovely catte. I'd love to get imprints for them but... I don't even have the cattery built, so it'd be a bit of time before I could pass the imprint on to another goon after.

If that didn't bother you I'd really like imprints though!

I don't mind, as long as you vow to eventually pass on the :perfect: catte. But can you use the imprints even if you don't have the cattery? I thought you need the kavat incubator segment to use them at all?

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Cinnamon Bear posted:

Today in my newbie adventures I finally got around to getting a dog. And had the last piece of Oberon, friend of dogs, drop. The dog (Raksa) is fugly but she's big and strong and my friend.

I'm pretty excited to try out Oberon. So far I've only had a chance to play Excalibur, Mesa, Rhino, and Trinity Prime. Mesa has been my favorite so far due to her kit covering a lot of bases, and I see Oberon also has a pretty versatile set of abilities. Hopefully I'll enjoy him as much as Mesa!

I'm still 3 days out from actually being able to use him, but whats the general idea I should be going for when gearing Oberon? I just hit Saturn, so I probably won't have the best stuff but it'd be good to know what to aim for.

I'm also a newbie and I've been really loving my own Oberon. Power efficiency and strength seem like good things to build for to me so that you can keep your 3 rolling at all times, at least until you start running into enemies that drain your power.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Ritznit posted:

I don't mind, as long as you vow to eventually pass on the :perfect: catte. But can you use the imprints even if you don't have the cattery? I thought you need the kavat incubator segment to use them at all?

You can have imprints in storage til the cattery comes online.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ritznit posted:

I promise to pass them on. It'd just be a little bit befoe I had cathaus up. Basically what sandweed said, they'd be in storage for a bit.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp
That's totally fine then. Immortan Meow's genetics can be yours whenever. What's your in-game name?

it dont matter
Aug 29, 2008

McKilligan posted:

In-game name?

paaarrrppp

hit me up with your cat jizz

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ritznit posted:

That's totally fine then. Immortan Meow's genetics can be yours whenever. What's your in-game name?

My in game name is TsurupettanSA. I'm on discord too. I'll be home from work in about 2hr 45m. Thank you!

DoombatINC
Apr 20, 2003

Here's the thing, I'm a feminist.

*leaps into the air with a fist pump*

*freeze frame*

*saxophone music over credits*

Altared State
Jan 14, 2006

I think I was born to burn
I don't know if it's a bug or a feature but I love the way robots break dance after you kill them and sometimes the shield grineers bounce around like a pinball when you ground smash them.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS

DoombatINC posted:

*leaps into the air with a fist pump*

*freeze frame*

*saxophone music over credits*

congrats on your three Good Frames

speaking of which I'm trying to make my Nidus as absurd as possible, anyone have any Great Builds they'd like to post? all I seem to do is smash 2 and then 1 to build stacks, 4 whenever I'm sitting still on a defense target or something, and I'm not sure how to make the best use of 3. nor do I really know what to build for in terms of range/duration/str/etc, so, tell me all about infestedman's best abilities beyond being essentially invincible

which, to be fair, is pretty drat good. I put hunter adrenaline on and I can create infested blobby messes at all times, it's great

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Psion posted:

congrats on your three Good Frames

speaking of which I'm trying to make my Nidus as absurd as possible, anyone have any Great Builds they'd like to post? all I seem to do is smash 2 and then 1 to build stacks, 4 on defense targets, and I'm not sure how to make the best use of 3. nor do I really know what to build for in terms of stat allocation, so, tell me all about infestedman's best abilities beyond being essentially invincible

For his 3 you have two options. One is target an enemy to become even more invulnerable. The second is to find the person that benefits the most from power strength and slap it on them so you both get a nice, beefy buff, since you're probably built for strength anyway. Pro picks for this are Oberons, since they really like strength, along with the obvious Exalted weapon crew and casters like Volt.

Ritznit
Dec 19, 2012

I'm crackers for cheese.

Ultra Carp

alphabettitouretti posted:

paaarrrppp

hit me up with your cat jizz

Wait, you're not the person who initially asked me, and of course my reading comprehension is so rear end I didn't notice. My nick also isn't McKilligan. Seems some wires got crossed there and I was going to give my cat jizz to Tsurupettan but didn't notice. Uh, I can promise you the next cat's jizz? Sorry about the confusion.

Ritznit fucked around with this message at 21:31 on Sep 5, 2018

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Echophonic posted:

For his 3 you have two options. One is target an enemy to become even more invulnerable. The second is to find the person that benefits the most from power strength and slap it on them so you both get a nice, beefy buff, since you're probably built for strength anyway. Pro picks for this are Oberons, since they really like strength, along with the obvious Exalted weapon crew and casters like Volt.
It took me ages to get to grips with Nidus, but iFlynn Brozime did a great video that explained a few things I didn't know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jk8EHY7X5BY

Initially, yes you hit 2 to clump everything together and then 1 to kill them. If there are more than 4 enemies you get energy back from your 1. Keep doing this to build stacks.

Once you have more than 3 stacks of mutation, you can start to add 3 and 4 to the rotation.

3 is great because you can suck on an enemy for huge DR, or pump extra damage into a friend. But either way it also turns the target of your 3 into another starting point for 1, so it will shoot toward your target point from both of you.

4 heals you if you stand in it, and spawns maggots, which head off and build stacks for you. Also if you hit an enemy that's got a maggot on it, it will explode for silly damage and give you a fuckton of stacks.

So when the level starts, you go gather a nice crowd, use your 2 to cluster them together, use 1 to detonate them.

Once you get to 3 stacks, you gather a crowd, drop a 4, 3 a random enemy, then go back to your 2/1 loop until your 4 wears off. Remember to hit 3 to release your poor cumslave before moving on.

If you're in a defense or survival mission, you will hit 100 stacks very, VERY fast.

Psion, Nidus is an great candidate for an umbral build. I am terrible at knowing what else to put in, but I went with the 3 umbral mods, range, efficiency, primed flow, duration & and primed duration because I don't have a huge amount of corrupted mods.

Bobby Deluxe fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

Ritznit posted:

Wait, you're not the person who initially asked me, and of course my reading comprehension is so rear end I didn't notice. My nick also isn't McKilligan. Seems some wires got crossed there and I was going to give my cat jizz to Tsurupettan but didn't notice. Uh, I can promise you the next cat's jizz? Sorry about the confusion.

McKilligan also had some Smeeta imprints which were going to that fellow, so I think everyone is on track!