Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
wrap it up appleailures :smugdroid:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i have to have a car because otherwise i cant drive around the country solving mysteries while being doggedly pursued by federal marshals for a crime i did not commit (9/11)
phoneposting. thought that was john hodgman at first.

Sereri
Sep 30, 2008

awwwrigami

Batman totally could beat up Ironman :smug:

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016

quote:

the geekerati already know

lol

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009
:goonsay: specifications :goonsay:

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

in further appleailures, next year's qualcomm soc will match last year's apple soc in performance. wrap it up

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i'm such an idiot for owning an iphone. i was so mad at myself after reading that that i threw it in the trash on my way to work. id rather have nothing,

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

there are literally no facts in that article. he is assuming this will be better than that because.

also that guy is dressed like guybrush threepwood.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

i bet he's one of those assholes who dresses up as a pirate for ren fairs.

Best Bi Geek Squid
Mar 25, 2016
I also like that the dude said that samsung scrambling to do damage control when its phones literally exploded was somehow better than apple offering free/cheap battery replacement

Dodoman
Feb 26, 2009

A moment of laxity
A lifetime of regret
Lipstick Apathy

Sereri posted:

Batman with prep totally could beat up Ironman :smug:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

isn't apple like the only manufacturer who even offers a reasonable way to buy a new battery

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

at last, a journalist brave enough to tell the truth. having a battery lose capacity after a few years is no different to the device catching fire in my hand. viva les specs.

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

just make a phone that uses double a batteries, imo. they don't catch on fire and they're easy to replace. it should also run a proven os, like Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

President Beep posted:

just make a phone that uses double a batteries, imo. they don't catch on fire and they're easy to replace. it should also run a proven os, like Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.

yeah, I want a phone shaped like the box my phone came in, let me in on this

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Lutha Mahtin posted:

isn't apple like the only manufacturer who even offers a reasonable way to buy a new battery

you can take pixels to ubreakwefix stores and get official support, which should include battery replacements.

that's about it.

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

President Beep posted:

Android 4.0, Ice Cream Sandwich.
thank you

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Now consider that the portfolios of the iPhone 6, the iPhone 7, and the iPhone 8 have all exhibited major flaws stemming from the hardware design of the smartphones. While past performance is no guide to future stability, consumers are more adept at recognising patterns. The reliability of the Galaxy range in the mainstream media is streets ahead of the iPhone.

what's wrong with the 8 :confused:

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum
what's wrong with the 6 or 7 for that matter

Maximum Leader
Dec 5, 2014
maybe the major hardware design flaw is his brain???

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

anthonypants posted:

what's wrong with the 6 or 7 for that matter

what if u got one with the wrong cpu?

remember that?

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

lol my synthetic benchmarks are 5% worse!!!

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
yees.

and then when that same thing happened because lifecycle management was keeping your battery from making GBS threads itself, it was literally identical to home invasion and possibly rape

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

the people who poo poo their pants over that deserve android. let them go.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

he could have at least pointed out the 6s which had legitimate battery problems resulting in a recall

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

lol the android people don't dare throw stones over battery issues after the note fiasco

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

no weren’t you paying attention? that pales in comparison to non-exploding iphone batteries needing to be replaced. jesus i posted that article for a reason!!

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

broke: my phone battery doesn’t perform well so i need to take it to the mfg to have it replaced.

woke: my phone’s battery almost caused an air disaster.

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

croak: my phone exploded in my pocket and blew my dick off

President Beep
Apr 30, 2009

good thing android users don’t need their willies.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

i am deeply concerned about the kernel version of my telephone operation system

jonathan posted:

I don't root phones. I don't think I've rooted a phone since 2008. I just want an up to date kernel.

poty
Jun 21, 2008

虹はどこで終わるのですか? あなたの魂の中で、または地平線で?
i run gentoo on my phone. i had to, you wouldnt believe how old gzip was

carry on then
Jul 10, 2010

by VideoGames

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Endless Mike posted:

i am deeply concerned about the kernel version of my telephone operation system

no, you see, i am simply performing a security audit of my personal devices as all of us ought to

now, what does #include do

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

surely the os kernel and not these vendor specific drivers that have never been vetted, or this dogshit userland that intentionally bypasses any semblance of secutry, will be the reason my idiot phone is compromised

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

~*sideloads big_anime_titties.not_a_trojan.official.apk*~

anthonypants
May 6, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo
Dinosaur Gum

infernal machines posted:

what if u got one with the wrong cpu?

remember that?
no

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

they used two different cpu models, one from tsmc and one from sarnsung, in the 6S.

the sort of person who has never known the touch of a woman discovered this and set about benchmarking the phones, one performed slightly worse than the other in certain synthetic benchmarks, and thus nerds started freaking out

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

surely the os kernel and not these vendor specific drivers that have never been vetted, or this dogshit userland that intentionally bypasses any semblance of secutry, will be the reason my idiot phone is compromised
i'm pretty sure this is teh guy who is 80% happy with his $1000 phone after spending an hour changing everything

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

they used two different cpu models, one from tsmc and one from sarnsung, in the 6S.

the sort of person who has never known the touch of a woman discovered this and set about benchmarking the phones, one performed slightly worse than the other in certain synthetic benchmarks, and thus nerds started freaking out

funny part of this story, the “slower” cpu was a derivative of the iPad soc and therefore had a larger on-die cache so it could be much faster. in general though the whole thing was wankery and there was no real difference.