Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Suave Fedora posted:

I am filled with irrational exuberance. Pull me off this cloud with tough goon love and biting invective.

10-teamer, .5 ppr, one keeper, picked 9th overall:

QB: Stafford (10th)
RB: K. Hunt (2nd)
RB: A. Collins (3rd)
WR: Hopkins (1st)
WR: Thielen (4th)
Flex: Burkhead (6th)
TE: Evan Engram (8th)
D/ST: LAC (12th)

BE: Mark Ingram (K) (susp.)
BE: Josh Gordon (5th)
BE: Alshon Jeffrey (7th)
BE: Crowell (9th)
BE: Stills (12th)
BE: RSJ (14th)
BE: Alex Smith (15th)
IR: Guice (13th)

My best-case scenario occurred, which was to have Hopkins falling to me. :woop: :thurman: :woop: love watching that guy play for me. Although we each kept a player, I drafted as if Mark Ingram were not on my team and am pleased with my starting stable and depth. I swore myself off of Crowell after being a believer for years, but the starting big-man RB on any team has fantasy value in the 9th.

There’s some WR uncertainty + upside; with Thielen (undetermined leg injury) Josh Gordon, and Alshon (injured shoulder, no setbacks, nearing return), but I’d like to think I can weather the early storm and didn’t handicap myself towards early season losses.

At TE, Engram will have the concussion specter looming all season so I took a flier on RSJ after missing out on Kittles.

Stafford as my QB I’m fine with. Instead of trying to guess which receiver is coming out on top this season, I’d get my piece of this offense by way of the QB.

My nemesis bit on JAX in the 9th. It would be nice to have a set-and-forget D/ST but I probably would have missed out on them anyway.

Sure!

Your starting WRs aren't nearly as guaranteed as they look. Hopkins is being drafted near his ceiling, and there's no guarantee that Watson performs at the efficiency necessary to get Hopkins the points worthy of his draft spot. I would be particularly concerned given the offensive line. You've paired him with a player who depends on volume playing with a new QB known for spreading the ball, and your main backups are a player that absolutely nobody knows what to do with and someone still recovering from surgery. Your first RB established himself early last year, but your RB2 could be usurped depending on how his competition plays and was only signed to a one year deal, and who knows what the gently caress to make of your RB3 given the head coach. Your bench features a suspended player on a team that's expected to regress back towards passing and someone playing for the Jets who might have already lost their job. Your TE could easily disappoint given the competition on his team, and your backup is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Plus you drafted a backup TE and QB when there were likely high upside WRs and RBs available. Finally you drafted a DST before you filled out your bench.

It's a good team. I'm not sure I'd be irrationally exuberant about any team that features RSJ and Alex Smith on the bench, but it's a good team. I like the Guice pickup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

pubic works project posted:

Who else could you have kept instead of Ingram? With the fact that he's suspended for 4 games, I would have selected someone else. And there's always the chance that Kamara completely takes the backfield over.

He was my only option. In our league, only one keeper is allowed and it he has to have been drafted in the 6th round or later the year prior.

I was less than thrilled by it, but he was literally my only option and at the time represented a one-round discount based on ADP.

The reigning champion kept Kamara and drafted Gurley 1.1 woo boy

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Sure!

Your starting WRs aren't nearly as guaranteed as they look. Hopkins is being drafted near his ceiling, and there's no guarantee that Watson performs at the efficiency necessary to get Hopkins the points worthy of his draft spot. I would be particularly concerned given the offensive line. You've paired him with a player who depends on volume playing with a new QB known for spreading the ball, and your main backups are a player that absolutely nobody knows what to do with and someone still recovering from surgery. Your first RB established himself early last year, but your RB2 could be usurped depending on how his competition plays and was only signed to a one year deal, and who knows what the gently caress to make of your RB3 given the head coach. Your bench features a suspended player on a team that's expected to regress back towards passing and someone playing for the Jets who might have already lost their job. Your TE could easily disappoint given the competition on his team, and your backup is playing behind one of the worst offensive lines in the league. Plus you drafted a backup TE and QB when there were likely high upside WRs and RBs available. Finally you drafted a DST before you filled out your bench.

It's a good team. I'm not sure I'd be irrationally exuberant about any team that features RSJ and Alex Smith on the bench, but it's a good team. I like the Guice pickup.

:stonklol:

So you’re saying your favorite part of my draft is the guy with only one leg? :argh:

I feel better now. This is the best time of the year because our teams will never look better from this point onward.

Thanks again for your sheets. They were more helpful in terms of allowing me to make more decisive picks, compared to when I used the Fantasy Pros draft dominator last year. I threw in a little something for your charity and hope the kids get to work on cool projects.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 15:59 on Sep 4, 2018

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

first time doing fantasy football, with a bunch of other people who haven't done fantasy football either, and none of us really watch the NFL yet

8 team league, 0.5 PPR, picked 4th.

QB: Cam Newton (6)
RB: Ezekial Elliott (1)
RB: Dalvin Cook (2) 
WR: AJ Green (3)
WR: Stefon Diggs (5)
TE: Zach Ertz (4)
W/R/T: Jarvis Landry (7)
K: Justin Tucker (9)
DEF: Houston (11)
BN: Jay Ajayi (8)
BN: Michael Crabtree (10)
BN: Jamison Crowder (12)
BN: Philip Rivers (13)
BN: Pats, baby! (14)
BN: Isaiah Crowell (15)

didn't go in to this with much prep except downloading a beersheet and picking a team name, how'd I do?

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs
Jamison Crowder for Robert Woods. Who wins that trade?

Evig Vandrar
Jan 15, 2017
Had a draft last night that I'm pretty happy with. Tell me that not drafting a QB until the 14th is a genius strategy.

14 team standard scoring, 9th pick

QB Joe Flacco (14 - 188)
RB Alvin Kamara (1 - 9)
RB Jordan Howard (2 - 20)
WR Marvin Jones (4 - 48)
WR Brandin Cooks (5 - 65)
FLEX LeSean McCoy (3 - 37)
TE Jack Doyle (9 - 121)
K Mason Crosby (11 - 149)
D Philadelphia Eagles (8 - 104)

BN WR Marquise Goodwin (6 - 76)
BN WR Robby Anderson (7 - 93)
BN RB Adrian Peterson (10 - 132)
BN RB Bilal Powell (12 - 160)
BN WR John Ross (13 - 177)
BN WR John Brown (15 - 205)

Probably reached on the TE and D. QBs started going early, but I held on until the last moment and decided on Flacco because he faces the Bills in Week 1. Bradford and Darnold are the best remaining FAs.

Fake edit: Also have a dynasty standard draft in a couple hours, anyone got a tiered cheat sheet? Preferably with player age?

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!

NickRoweFillea posted:

I lean towards the Crowder side. I think his target upside as potential BFF for Alex Smith is pretty high.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So about Alfred Morris....

https://twitter.com/rotoballernfl/status/1036996585782038528?s=21

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

NickRoweFillea posted:

Tough one. May not be a whole much of a difference. Value-wise, person getting Woods but I can spin a scenario for or against either.

Suave Fedora fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Sep 4, 2018

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Tiptoes posted:

I lean towards the Crowder side. I think his target upside as potential BFF for Alex Smith is pretty high.

I would also lean Crowder. He has a better path to being the primary locked-in receiver in town.

On the other side, Kupp, Cooks and Gurley are going to steal looks.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Shananigans never died. It only lay in waiting.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Alf isn't up on the playbook yet. I wouldn't want either against Minny anyway.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

Royce Freeman named Broncos starter!

Zauper
Aug 21, 2008

Suave Fedora posted:

I would also lean Crowder. He has a better path to being the primary locked-in receiver in town.

On the other side, Kupp, Cooks and Gurley are going to steal looks.

I don't think Woods has seen much change since last year in situation. Watkins out, cooks in. Crowder has, but was locked in as the top WR last year too. They had brought in Pryor, but he sucks. This year they added PRich. New QB, but he was cousins favorite-ish target. I'd lean woods, who is also likely to see more RZ opps by virtue of being on a better offense.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I ended up with this team in a 12 team PPR league after doing basically zero research before the draft. Picked 7th. Anything in general I should look to shore up?

Sproles was my last pick and was basically because I didn't really know who was worth picking at that point.

The Breida news is pretty nice though, almost picked Morris earlier in the draft but decided to wait and take Breida instead like three rounds later.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Who wins this trade in standard scoring

Team 1
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Green

Team 2
Melvin Gordon
Chris Hogan

Amergin
Jan 29, 2013

THE SOUND A WET FART MAKES

Sataere posted:

Team 1
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Green

Team 2
Melvin Gordon
Chris Hogan

I would take Team 1 but I'm also low on Hogan.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Amergin posted:

I would take Team 1 but I'm also low on Hogan.

I'm high on Hogan, but it feels like a relatively fair trade to me. Trying to help a friend out at work, and I feel like I'm missing something.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Very much depends on team 2's current QB tbh.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Sataere posted:

Team 1
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Green

Team 2
Melvin Gordon
Chris Hogan

I prefer Team 1, but that's in a vacuum. Poque is right about needing to know who's being replaced. Solid RBs are rare.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
12 team stand scoring no ppr (1 qb 2 wr 2 rb 1 flex 1 te)

QB - Cousins
RB1 - J. Howard
RB2 - J. Ajayi
WR1 - A. Brown
WR2 - T. Hilton
TE - E. Engram
FLEX - C. Davis
K - who cares
DEF - PHI

BN - Mahomes (QB)
BN - A. Robinson (WR)
BN - M. Mack (RB)
BN - A. Ekeler (RB)
BN - J. Conner (RB)
BN - J. Kelly (RB)

I honestly dont know how I feel about this team. I do expect to start Mahomes and end up likely dropping Cousins.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

If Bell doesn't report to the Steelers 3/4 of my teams are done before the first game.

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Just rip the band aid off and tell me Derrick Henry is gonna be a bust this season.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

IcePhoenix posted:

I ended up with this team in a 12 team PPR league after doing basically zero research before the draft. Picked 7th. Anything in general I should look to shore up?

Sproles was my last pick and was basically because I didn't really know who was worth picking at that point.

The Breida news is pretty nice though, almost picked Morris earlier in the draft but decided to wait and take Breida instead like three rounds later.

This team is a PPR powerhouse. You should be thrilled. You might want to start Goodwin over Woods most weeks, but probably not in Week 1 at Minn.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Looking for some bottom of the roster advice. Dropped my kicker for Alfred Morris so have to drop one of these guys, also considering dropping an additional for James Conner.

My starters are Fournette and Mixon, with Dion Lewis in the flex and Mark Ingram riding out his suspension on my bench. So not super needy at RB but good players always come in handy.

Who would you drop for Morris/Conner and why? Half-PPR.

Michael Gallup
Josh Doctson
Mike Williams

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I dropped Gallup in my half PPR, 3WR league for a starter. I'm not really high on Dallas to begin with and Gallup hasn't seemed to make his mark just yet. Conner I would grab in case Bell really does sit for the week.

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
Dolphins think they're being real cute by listing Kenyan Drake OR Frank Gore as the week 1 starter.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
BeerSheets are up: https://footballabsurdity.com/beersheet-request-form/

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.
So I'm not liking my RB depth and am beginning to regret having two TEs. I usually don't trade before the season starts, but who would you guys rather keep at TE in standard? Engram or Reed? And if I can land Henry or Collins with one, I pretty much do that right?

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

So I'm not liking my RB depth and am beginning to regret having two TEs. I usually don't trade before the season starts, but who would you guys rather keep at TE in standard? Engram or Reed? And if I can land Henry or Collins with one, I pretty much do that right?

I'd prefer Engram, but if you can turn either of those into Henry or Collins then it literally doesn't matter who you give up because that's a coup

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

NickRoweFillea posted:

Hard to say. In the long run, it's obviously trillions upon trillions of long years away but eventually the heat death of the universe will win out. But even well before that, the Earth will eventually be consumed by our sun. But it gets worse. I mean, obviously you and I and everything we know and love will die, but presumably we can take comfort in the knowledge that we will pass something on, be it our genes, or our names or our fortunes. Though even that's pretty hollow. Will something living 50,000,000 years from now even recognize us as an ancestor? Ask yourself if you really care about the legacy of whatever creature you evolved from even 5 million years ago. These short, hairy and hunched proto-humans bear little enough resemblance to us that they don't enter our headspace as kin but as ancient animals. We are probably different enough from them that they would look up on us with disgust if they knew what their kind had become. And even their biggest decisions back then mean nothing to us today. Who wins in a fantasy football trade? Not even a smear on your personal timeline. Everything we do and accomplish is eventually ash. Your descendants will not even be aware of it. Even you probably won't remember the outcome of this in a few years. And by 75 you got a pretty good chance of having dementia and losing it even if you tried your damnedest to hold on to it.

Tl/DR: I think Crowder's teammates are all pretty similar to him talentwise and they're all going to have a very mediocre year with Smith throwing them the ball. Slight edge to Woods.

Yay Breida!

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Sataere posted:

Team 1
Aaron Rodgers
AJ Green

Team 2
Melvin Gordon
Chris Hogan

Could be a great trade for both. Which means knowing your friend’s team makeup would be helpful here.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

^burtle posted:

Just rip the band aid off and tell me Derrick Henry is gonna be a bust this season.

Do you foresee Dion Lewis carrying the load this season in an “exotic smashmouth”?

Neither do I. I hope DHenry runs roughshod.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Engram easily.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004

Quiet Feet posted:

Hard to say. In the long run, it's obviously trillions upon trillions of long years away but eventually the heat death of the universe will win out. But even well before that, the Earth will eventually be consumed by our sun. But it gets worse. I mean, obviously you and I and everything we know and love will die, but presumably we can take comfort in the knowledge that we will pass something on, be it our genes, or our names or our fortunes. Though even that's pretty hollow. Will something living 50,000,000 years from now even recognize us as an ancestor? Ask yourself if you really care about the legacy of whatever creature you evolved from even 5 million years ago. These short, hairy and hunched proto-humans bear little enough resemblance to us that they don't enter our headspace as kin but as ancient animals. We are probably different enough from them that they would look up on us with disgust if they knew what their kind had become. And even their biggest decisions back then mean nothing to us today. Who wins in a fantasy football trade? Not even a smear on your personal timeline. Everything we do and accomplish is eventually ash. Your descendants will not even be aware of it. Even you probably won't remember the outcome of this in a few years. And by 75 you got a pretty good chance of having dementia and losing it even if you tried your damnedest to hold on to it.

Tl/DR: I think Crowder's teammates are all pretty similar to him talentwise and they're all going to have a very mediocre year with Smith throwing them the ball. Slight edge to Woods.

:golfclap:

Santheb
Jul 13, 2005

How bullish are we on Chargers Mike Williams this year in PPR? Asking for a friend.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

coronaball posted:

This team is a PPR powerhouse. You should be thrilled. You might want to start Goodwin over Woods most weeks, but probably not in Week 1 at Minn.

I was definitely thinking of swapping Goodwin in for the flex but yeah, definitely not against Rhodes

Also thanks for the kind words :shobon:

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Suave Fedora posted:

Do you foresee Dion Lewis carrying the load this season in an “exotic smashmouth”?

Neither do I. I hope DHenry runs roughshod.

Here is hoping!

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Santheb posted:

How bullish are we on Chargers Mike Williams this year in PPR? Asking for a friend.

Not. Keenan, Gates, Gordon, and Tyrell Williams will all get theirs before him.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doppelganger
Oct 11, 2002

Harder, Better, Faster, Stronger
Any point in dropping someone for James Connor? I think I can survive week 1 without Bell. 0.5 ppr

RB: Bell, Howard, Burkhead, Kerryon, Penny, Michel
WR: Thomas, Diggs, Cooper, Goodwin, Ridley