Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

The Macaroni posted:

My kid played Super Mario 3D (the Wii U one) at a cousin's house, and now she wants a Wii U. They're stupidly expensive on the used market

...Really? People in SA-Mart couldn't be rid of them fast enough over the last year for rock bottom prices, I can't imagine demand is that high.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

raditts posted:

...Really? People in SA-Mart couldn't be rid of them fast enough over the last year for rock bottom prices, I can't imagine demand is that high.

I mean it's out of production, so it'll more or less become a collector's item in the years to come. Not to mention it also serves as a good option for playing Wii games or even Gamecube if you get into homebrew.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Hahaha. Valve, still not doing anything new or interesting since the release of Portal 2 in 2011.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

"The community will not be a problem" I say about this, a game made to appeal to Dota players.

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
left 4 dead 2 was super interesting and it helped me overcome a decade of ptsd night terrors from watching 28 days later

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
mtgo is not a good program and if your design choices result in being more similar to mtgo instead of less you hosed up somewhere

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

So how is the PC port of DQXI? Looks good from the twitch streams I've watched this afternoon, but I think they're mostly console versions and I want to make sure it doesn't run like a disaster on PC before I put money down for it.

Also, what does making your character walk around the battle area do? It seems kind of pointless.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wonder if this was plagiarised :thunk:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OR4jPtrDCLo

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Make Portal 3 cowards, cause we sure as gently caress know you ain't making Half Life 3 ever

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Infinitum posted:

Make Portal 3 cowards, cause we sure as gently caress know you ain't making Half Life 3 ever
your wish is granted. by the way the portal gun is now coin operated

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Portal 3 will be about glados crowdsourcing the level designs to the players so that you play through only the most popular of maps before you reach the game's end and you get more hats

Looper
Mar 1, 2012

the only artifact here is this design philosophy!!

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

cheetah7071 posted:

mtgo is not a good program and if your design choices result in being more similar to mtgo instead of less you hosed up somewhere

People are saying MTG Arena is pretty good!

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Looper posted:

the only artifact here is this design philosophy!!

I'll have you know skimming off the top of end user to end user sales is very modern. And valve is also supporting free speech.

Maybe TCGs are actually just poo poo and nobody should bother.

chumbler fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Sep 4, 2018

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

People are saying MTG Arena is pretty good!

notably mtga is a hearthstone clone in the economy and UI

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

I can’t really get into TCGs because of their inherent pay to win nature.

The only reason I like mtg irl is because I can just draft without engaging in that aspect (it’s pretty cheap if you just fund your drafts with the more valuable cards and winnings you got from previous drafts). Also a friend has a sweet cube that is fun to draft.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

FirstAidKite posted:

Portal 3 will be about glados crowdsourcing the level designs to the players so that you play through only the most popular of maps before you reach the game's end and you get more hats

What kind of hats we talkin here?

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Portal 3 will feature only the most epic "The Cake Is A Lie" memes

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Andrast posted:

I can’t really get into TCGs because of their inherent pay to win nature.

The only reason I like mtg irl is because I can just draft without engaging in that aspect (it’s pretty cheap if you just fund your drafts with the more valuable cards and winnings you got from previous drafts). Also a friend has a sweet cube that is fun to draft.

I think the continued success of mtg despite its many flaws stems from being basically the only tcg (that I'm aware of at least) with limited that isn't poo poo

Red Alert 2 Yuris Revenge
May 8, 2006

"My brain is amazing! It's full of wrinkles, and... Uh... Wait... What am I trying to say?"

chumbler posted:

Maybe TCGs are actually just poo poo and nobody should bother.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Someone just make a digital version of Netrunner

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
jak ii should be five hours shorter than it is cause now i'm getting into some of the extremely lovely late-game missions and i just want the game to end. i can't even imagine doing hero mode with a game this long and this bullshit

also it's weird that the keira subplot is just built on erol, who's entire character is being a weird slimy rear end in a top hat and someone who you've never seen in literally any other context, walking in and saying "jak i'm gonna murder you and gently caress your girlfriend" and then keira getting mad at jak for saying that erol is a bad guy

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

FirstAidKite posted:

thye literally did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GtAwo4EsFbw

The Colonel
Jun 8, 2013

I commute by bike!
https://twitter.com/MarioBrothBlog/status/1037063447001878528

Verranicus
Aug 18, 2009

by VideoGames
Uhh, how does Valve think it's game is going to survive when up against free games with massive established communities that let you earn stuff by playing??

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

wow that's almost two alakazams

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Verranicus posted:

Uhh, how does Valve think it's game is going to survive when up against free games with massive established communities that let you earn stuff by playing??
the delusion of people that think they're going to become rich trading cards. ubergambling

Saint Freak
Apr 16, 2007

Regretting is an insult to oneself
Buglord

Let's get this out here right now. I'm a 23 year old law graduate with an IQ of 9800. My political beliefs are liberal and leftist, I listen to Metal and I enjoy violent movies, books and videogames, and I've been a Christian since birth.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Verranicus posted:

are you saying you don't want to play the game that expands the dota universe and lore???

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

every level of portal 3 will feature a different johnathan coulton song, while you play before a live audience of "ask me another"

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

co op but with three people/robots

dioxazine
Oct 14, 2004

Bots are always better than players. Especially socially.

lets hang out
Jan 10, 2015

Verranicus posted:

Money laundering

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

homeless snail posted:

the delusion of people that think they're going to become rich trading cards. ubergambling

Yeah, I have a feeling the actual number of people playing the game might be pretty low... but the number of people who will pump money into the game economy will be much higher.

MTGOX comes full circle

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!

raditts posted:

So how is the PC port of DQXI? Looks good from the twitch streams I've watched this afternoon, but I think they're mostly console versions and I want to make sure it doesn't run like a disaster on PC before I put money down for it.

Also, what does making your character walk around the battle area do? It seems kind of pointless.

The port is UE4 and lets you turn down the resolution and a bunch of other stuff (shadows, postprocessing, etc) but not models or textures or detail. I have to run it on low but I don't have an amazing computer or anything; you can check the official requirements if you like.

Moving around the arena doesn't do anything and you can even turn it off if you want

corn in the bible fucked around with this message at 21:07 on Sep 4, 2018

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Verranicus posted:

Because people literally pay hundreds and thousands of dollars for digital gun skins.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Like digital gun skins as a concept was so loving popular, they extended it to glove skins and beyond.

People are idiots for the games they like, and companies are willing to exploit that.

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

Infinitum posted:

Like digital gun skins as a concept was so loving popular, they extended it to glove skins and beyond.

People are idiots for the games they like, and companies are willing to exploit that.

I was into Rainbow Six Siege for a while and after playing Overwatch for so long it was kinda funny how bland the cosmetic stuff was. You'd grind out a bunch of credits to get a slightly different colour for your bulletproof vest when in Overwatch you can make Tracer run around as a christmas elf or w/e

they obviously make a killing from them but idk how people get excited about cosmetic items in those kinds of realistic military shooters

Taintrunner
Apr 10, 2017

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Help Im Alive posted:

I was into Rainbow Six Siege for a while and after playing Overwatch for so long it was kinda funny how bland the cosmetic stuff was. You'd grind out a bunch of credits to get a slightly different colour for your bulletproof vest when in Overwatch you can make Tracer run around as a christmas elf or w/e

they obviously make a killing from them but idk how people get excited about cosmetic items in those kinds of realistic military shooters

The only good one from Siege is IQ's elite skin.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rD92WL6ditY

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

But does it have Aiden Pierce’s iconic cap.

• Locked thread