Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
I'm in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde
And I am getting spammed by triumphs lmao and got turned into a newt

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Yeah I got in like a minute later.

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

How!
Oct 29, 2009

Oo vestian dynasty is back

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I guess the game gave me 1000 free silver. Neat.

Also I already have 5000 triumph points and that seems to have confused the game lol

e: Oh hey it looks like you can infuse the Solstice armor and upgrade it after all. Unless they just didn't remove the menu. Everything needs cores to do so too.

RBA Starblade fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Sep 4, 2018

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

RBA Starblade posted:

I guess the game gave me 1000 free silver. Neat.

Also I already have 5000 triumph points and that seems to have confused the game lol

e: Oh hey it looks like you can infuse the Solstice armor and upgrade it after all. Unless they just didn't remove the menu. Everything needs cores to do so too.

you can infuse year 1 stuff but it won't have the perks of year 2 stuff, and the masterwork caps at level 5 out of 10

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Does each Masterwork level still cost 10 masterwork shards (cores?) ? that's gonna be a grind if so

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

wyoak posted:

Does each Masterwork level still cost 10 masterwork shards (cores?) ? that's gonna be a grind if so

no the early levels only cost glimmer and legendary shards

but in total to hit level 10 it'll cost like 17 cores or so

Mr Hootington
Jul 24, 2008

I'M HAVING A HOOT EATING CORNETTE THE LONG WAY
Where do I find microdatafiber or whatever so I can infuse my uniques?

Legs Benedict
Jul 14, 2002

You can either follow me to our bedroom or bend over that control throne because I haven't been this turned on in FOREVER!

Mr Hootington posted:

Where do I find microdatafiber or whatever so I can infuse my uniques?

nessus i think or you can just buy it from the spider

cvnvcnv
Mar 17, 2013

E: Lore Ghost on the left in Spider's crib.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

cvnvcnv posted:

I like this!

I like the Ancient Apocalypse Mark because I too miss my overpowered vex gun.

Astrochicken
Aug 13, 2007

So you better go back to your bars, your temples
Your massage parlors!

Is anyone getting a spark of light or orb of light or whatever it's called?

^burtle
Jul 17, 2001

God of Boomin'

Thread's dead so the plot must be decent.

SmallpoxJenkins
Jul 9, 2012

^burtle posted:

Thread's dead so the plot must be decent.

Gotta burn through it in 2 hours before we get to start bitching about it.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

don't have the game yet so I just looked up the final cutscene on youtube and man wtf

e: it hasn't given me the triumph for prestige leviathan even when I have the achievement for it, don't make me do it again bungo :argh:

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

kecske posted:

don't have the game yet so I just looked up the final cutscene on youtube and man wtf

e: it hasn't given me the triumph for prestige leviathan even when I have the achievement for it, don't make me do it again bungo :argh:

You've been cucked, son.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Jay Carney posted:

Whelp I told myself I wouldn’t but I preordered this dumb game this morning why do I lie to myself like this

Me too and I still haven't even done a raid or even a nightfall. I just play the game for fun once in a while and wanted to get more content. Maybe one day they'll add matchmaking for everything for people like me. lol nah

victrix
Oct 30, 2007

As someone that really had to talk myself into getting forsaken mainly because of the bow... I now totally regret my purchase. Infusing into my favorite costume was literally my favorite part of destiny 2 and one of the primary reasons I was playing. I can't believe I just blew 70 dollars on forsaken and the year 2 annual pass just for them to !@#$ something like this up again. Its like they don't know how to leave well enough alone! They fix a handful of things and then break or mess up 20 things that were working fine and didn't need to be touched! The amount of shards and planetary resource requirements were ditched when d2 launched for a reason! No one liked the way it worked in d1 with going around and getting planetary resources, thats why it was removed. Also, the amount of shards to infuse is straight up crazy now. Seriously devs, at least release a freaking costume system if you are going to jack up the cost of infusions this much! (I haven't played forsaken yet by the way in case they patched this I am going off of the pre release inventory adjustment patch)

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
It's year 2. Your year 1 poo poo belongs inna friggin' trash can IMHO

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Infusion cost isn't that bad, at least based on preview week I got a couple hundred destination materials just doing the flashpoint stuff. In a few weeks everyone's gonna be swimming in that poo poo.

Game really does need cosmetic slots though. It sucks to build up your favorite looking guardian and then new content comes out and you throw it all away to get the next set of stats. Y1 stuff is gonna be garbage now that perks are actually perks.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

xzzy posted:

It sucks to build up your favorite looking guardian and then new content comes out and you throw it all away to get the next set of stats. Y1 stuff is gonna be garbage now that perks are actually perks.

You can keep using your old gear! It didn't get worse.

You can also use new gear if you want. The new gear is more powerful than your old gear. You should probably use new gear so that you'll be more powerful than you used to be.

But! You could keep using your old gear and be as powerful as you used to be.

The choice... is yours.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

The choice is always be more powerful and bitch that there aren't cosmetic slots.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

xzzy posted:

The choice is always be more powerful and bitch that there aren't cosmetic slots.

I'm throwing blues in the trash until I get bigger purps which is happening pretty quick except I have gotten like three blue weapons so far and they're all weaker than my gear so blah

I'm looking forward to Code of the Missile unlocking more. That with Skullfort seems like it'll be fun.

FallenGod
May 23, 2002

Unite, Afro Warriors!

Trying this out since the base game is free. If it ends up being fun, is Expansion Pass -> Forsaken the upgrade path? Going to Forsaken in the store lists it as "unavailable".

Jay Carney
Mar 23, 2007

If you do that you will die on the toilet.

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Me too and I still haven't even done a raid or even a nightfall. I just play the game for fun once in a while and wanted to get more content. Maybe one day they'll add matchmaking for everything for people like me. lol nah

I'm the exact same, hard to carve out time for a raid these days

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

There used to be a thread for the raids in the private game server forum, they're very chill and will sherpa you through them. We did that a lot for destiny 1, it was chill, we killed a lot of aliens.

el B
Jan 30, 2004
holler.

victrix posted:

As someone that really had to talk myself into getting forsaken mainly because of the bow... I now totally regret my purchase. Infusing into my favorite costume was literally my favorite part of destiny 2 and one of the primary reasons I was playing. I can't believe I just blew 70 dollars on forsaken and the year 2 annual pass just for them to !@#$ something like this up again. Its like they don't know how to leave well enough alone! They fix a handful of things and then break or mess up 20 things that were working fine and didn't need to be touched! The amount of shards and planetary resource requirements were ditched when d2 launched for a reason! No one liked the way it worked in d1 with going around and getting planetary resources, thats why it was removed. Also, the amount of shards to infuse is straight up crazy now. Seriously devs, at least release a freaking costume system if you are going to jack up the cost of infusions this much! (I haven't played forsaken yet by the way in case they patched this I am going off of the pre release inventory adjustment patch)

More! More!

Tesh
Jun 30, 2002

If humans were cookies, I'd be the cookie monster.

Azubah posted:

There used to be a thread for the raids in the private game server forum, they're very chill and will sherpa you through them. We did that a lot for destiny 1, it was chill, we killed a lot of aliens.

I miss the simplicity of that thread, the Discord is too chaotic for me

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓ð’‰𒋫 𒆷ð’€𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 ð’®𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Azubah posted:

I finished most of the d1 raids because of that thread but each raid since Kings fall takes way longer than I can sit down and play video games for in one day.

Tei
Feb 19, 2011

victrix posted:

As someone that really had to talk myself into getting forsaken mainly because of the bow... I now totally regret my purchase. Infusing into my favorite costume was literally my favorite part of destiny 2 and one of the primary reasons I was playing. I can't believe I just blew 70 dollars on forsaken and the year 2 annual pass just for them to !@#$ something like this up again. Its like they don't know how to leave well enough alone! They fix a handful of things and then break or mess up 20 things that were working fine and didn't need to be touched! The amount of shards and planetary resource requirements were ditched when d2 launched for a reason! No one liked the way it worked in d1 with going around and getting planetary resources, thats why it was removed.

"They fix a handful of things and then break or mess up 20 things" is basically Bungie motto.

As for collecting materials, it was another thing to do while you where doing other things. Some poeple liked that, like some poeple like fishing, gardening or painting.

Listerine
Jan 5, 2005

Exquisite Corpse

cvnvcnv posted:

I like this!

Who/where is the spider, or is that a nickname for someone?

edit- never mind, i figured it out

Spiv
Oct 9, 2006

When life throws lemons at you, nuke the fucker!

victrix posted:

Cool, so you can stop playing and subsequently stop posting and we all win.

elpaganoescapa
Aug 13, 2014
So everybody, even planetary vendors get special dialogue regarding Cayde's death except for loving Shaxx? What is this crap?

Moatillata
Dec 13, 2006

Maintain.

victrix posted:

Source your quotes

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

victrix posted:

this game is really missing cosmetic transmog

agreed OP

Pozload Escobar
Aug 21, 2016

by Reene
Lol that this Destiny 1 again but hell, I'll take it

the good fax machine
Feb 26, 2007

by Nyc_Tattoo

A Buff Gay Dude posted:

Lol that this Destiny 1 again but hell, I'll take it

its good op

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huh
Jan 23, 2004

Dinosaur Gum
Shoulder charge and the skullfort helmet in Gambit is easy mode. So much fun.