Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

stopgap1 posted:

Did anyone notice an ETA on this? I am going to be thinking about this expansion a LOOOTTT.

" We expect to be working on this for several months and will announce a release date and final feature list once we’re closer to the finish line"

And they wrote that on August 3rd, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/OverhypeStudios/status/1036598167809212417

On a different note, I'm really hoping they'll finally include Battle Sisters.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love

This sorry son of a bitch doesn't even have the nine lives perk.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The best feeling is when one of your really good melee guys goes down and then gets back up at the end of the fight missing an eye.

Cool eyepatches for everyone.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

This sorry son of a bitch doesn't even have the nine lives perk.

That reminds me of the swordmaster lich that was a part of the Battle Brothers LP that got me to buy/play the game.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Wait, what LP?

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3826875&userid=0&perpage=40&pagenumber=28

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

One thing I wish this game had was advanced options for generating map seeds. There should be sliders to adjust house balance (Im sick of getting 9/4/2 or other immensely skewed distributions), a slider for trade material density or quality, land distribution (more water dividing up the land or less, more mountains or less, more swamp or less, ect.).

Or at least let you preview the map before starting so I can save time.
All I want is a better chance for a well balanced map instead of having to watch the captain eat poo poo a thousand times just so I can have a slightly better map.

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

Right now undead are at the top of my shit list. Undead are complete fuckers. Those geists are fuckers. Necromancers are fuckers. Necrosavants are big time fuckers. Skeletons aren't too bad except when they bleed everyone in the company. Zombos are at least not too bad.

Skeletons are serious motherfuckers. I just got my rear end eaten by skeletons again. What the hell.

The Skeleton King fucked around with this message at 18:24 on Sep 3, 2018

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

:allears::allears::allears::allears::allears:

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I have the greenskin crisis as my third one this game, so my guys are well equipped and expensive. Took a three skull mission to draw out a warlord for 4k because it should be a tidy little matter with goblins and orcs just roaming about, right?

It has cost me 6k in food and staff payments just marching around the countryside trying to find greenskins to even kill so I can provoke him. :mad: It looks the noble houses are handling all the spawns before I can even find them. What did you hire me for, then?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
Sounds to me like you have to go further afield into the wilderness, where the orcs are coming from.

EDIT: Also, it turns out goon superstar Beaglerush has finally gotten into Battle Brothers and says he's really enjoying it! :toot:

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/302697541

Nordick fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Sep 3, 2018

Alchenar
Apr 9, 2008

I just don't fight skeletons unless I'm already overflowing with flails and high melee skill guys. Creatures with large shield that don't have fatigue are just brutal. Once they lock your line in place there's very little you can do once someone starts losing their morale checks or takes a bad hit.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

The Skeleton King posted:

Skeletons are serious motherfuckers. I just got my rear end eaten by skeletons again. What the hell.

Look if you can't keep your people in line how do expect the rest of us to

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

with violence

The Skeleton King
Jul 16, 2011

marshmallow creep posted:

I have the greenskin crisis as my third one this game, so my guys are well equipped and expensive. Took a three skull mission to draw out a warlord for 4k because it should be a tidy little matter with goblins and orcs just roaming about, right?

It has cost me 6k in food and staff payments just marching around the countryside trying to find greenskins to even kill so I can provoke him. :mad: It looks the noble houses are handling all the spawns before I can even find them. What did you hire me for, then?

Yeah, that contract is not very good. The time and expenses required to do it are way higher than the reward is. I had to keep doing trading runs to keep my company afloat during that one.

Wizard Styles
Aug 6, 2014

level 15 disillusionist
The Warlord contract is similar to the patrol contracts. It's an excuse to gently caress off into the wilderness and attack lairs. A lot of the profit should come from Orc weapons.
Ideally you know where the Greenskin territories are on your map but even if you don't it shouldn't be too hard to find some lairs because they pop up everywhere during the crisis anyway.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Orc weapons are astonishingly profitable.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
So uh, lol.

Got a contract to defend a town from the undead. Just as I arrived in said town, I got the event where one of my mercs starts harassing the villagers. Instead of telling him to fall in line, I wanted to make things interesting and just tell all my men to go wild and do what they want. A bit of looting cheered my guys up and earned me a bit of gold. The townsfolk didn't like it at all but, whatever, it's not like I ever visit this podunk hamlet anyway, time to get to work and earn my pay.

Except this town currently under siege by the undead horde decided it'd be a great idea to hire another mercenary company to attack the one currently standing between them and annihilation. I mean sure, thanks for the extra loot, but is this really the time? :shepface:

stopgap1
Jul 27, 2013
beat my first Lyndwyrm. only lost one of my best men. those things are tough as HELL.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

stopgap1 posted:

beat my first Lyndwyrm. only lost one of my best men. those things are tough as HELL.

Key is to stay the gently caress away from the front end of it. Have good melee defence bros line up and shield wall next to the tail end, and keep whacking the tail with polearm dudes and shooting at whatever end you can with archers. And for the love of god don't try to attack with your shield wallers, just focus on keeping that shield wall up.

Like so:

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Watching him turn down farmhands because they're 'too high upkeep' to recruit cripples to send to die on purpose to chaff is a little insane.

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

StrixNebulosa posted:

On a different note, I'm really hoping they'll finally include Battle Sisters.

There is a Battle Sisters mod here: https://www.nexusmods.com/battlebrothers/mods/10/

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

mod description posted:

most women will spawn with beards, though they can shave them off at a barber

:getin:

dogstile
May 1, 2012

fucking clocks
how do they work?

Night10194 posted:

Watching him turn down farmhands because they're 'too high upkeep' to recruit cripples to send to die on purpose to chaff is a little insane.

This is roughly why i can't watch people play games that I also play. I get unnaturally mad at different playstyles unless they're doing some ridiculous gimmick

lalaland
Nov 8, 2012

Night10194 posted:

xcom broke his brain

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

Hey, thanks!

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Nordick posted:

So uh, lol.

Got a contract to defend a town from the undead. Just as I arrived in said town, I got the event where one of my mercs starts harassing the villagers. Instead of telling him to fall in line, I wanted to make things interesting and just tell all my men to go wild and do what they want. A bit of looting cheered my guys up and earned me a bit of gold. The townsfolk didn't like it at all but, whatever, it's not like I ever visit this podunk hamlet anyway, time to get to work and earn my pay.

Except this town currently under siege by the undead horde decided it'd be a great idea to hire another mercenary company to attack the one currently standing between them and annihilation. I mean sure, thanks for the extra loot, but is this really the time? :shepface:

Makes sense to me. "We hired these mercs to protect us from the greenskins but instead they're just trying to beat them to the loot! We need to hire another company to protect us from both!"

Conspiratiorist
Nov 12, 2015

17th Separate Kryvyi Rih Tank Brigade named after Konstantin Pestushko
Look to my coming on the first light of the fifth sixth some day

lalaland posted:

xcom broke his brain

He's a good XCOM (1) and Action/FPS player, but don't expect much from him in games with more complex rulesets than that.

Toadsmash
Jun 10, 2009

Dave Tate's downsy face approves.
He's doing pretty okay on E/E for someone as new to the game as he is...

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Wafflecopper posted:

Makes sense to me. "We hired these mercs to protect us from the greenskins but instead they're just trying to beat them to the loot! We need to hire another company to protect us from both!"

Now look here, all I did was extract a little bit of extra pay for risking my life, it's not my fault if they can't distinguish between that and getting turned into zombie fodder. :colbert: They're lucky the contract paid well, otherwise I would've just pissed off after the first wave and the merc attack and left them to their gruesome fates.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Toadsmash posted:

He's doing pretty okay on E/E for someone as new to the game as he is...

I'm not necessarily saying it's completely wrong, just I never think of my precious little potato men as meatshields or expendable.

Mostly due to the morale system and how much replacing their gear can run me.

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound

Night10194 posted:

I'm not necessarily saying it's completely wrong, just I never think of my precious little potato men as meatshields or expendable.

Mostly due to the morale system and how much replacing their gear can run me.

Expendables-and-vets strategies can work but the overall roster is short enough that you have to walk a fine line with it or you don't build up enough of a competent reserve for the late-game.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think it's telling that he hasn't done a Crisis yet. I remember getting creamed by them the first couple times I tried because I built a company that could keep its head above water but couldn't handle the sudden spike in tempo.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
My favourite part was when he made a clubfooted guy the designated distraction

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Morbid Hound
Did he figure out the trading yet? I think that's the part of the game that's the least intuitive / takes the most deduction / is explained the least from context.

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Nordick posted:

My favourite part was when he made a clubfooted guy the designated distraction

The big D.

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Can anyone explain/tell me if/why this is a bad idea.

So far I have been running my sub 60 Melee Skill bro's with spears, but I am getting into the midgame now and spears just aren't cutting it anymore (except against enemies weak to spearwall tactics).

Is it feasible to give all my sub 60 melee bro's axes so they can wreck shields, or will they just miss all the time with the shieldbreaker attack?

Whats my best option for low melee skill dudes at this stage of the game?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Shieldbreak is a 100% to-hit attack, it always does the shield damage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phrosphor
Feb 25, 2007

Urbanisation

Night10194 posted:

Shieldbreak is a 100% to-hit attack, it always does the shield damage.

Cool, I wasn't aware of this, that is exactly what I wanted to hear!