Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MadJackal
Apr 30, 2004

The best part of this is that after all of Trump's incessant bashing of Sessions, there's no way of telling whether this was a pissy Trump tweet or a subversive intern tweet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Serfer
Mar 10, 2003

The piss tape is real

Nothing to do with hate groups that aim to terrorize and demean *works for us government*

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lycus posted:

I guess Hope was popular with the viewers, so they rebooted the character.

It's like Westworld, but in real life!

spunkshui
Oct 5, 2011

Verranicus posted:

Ok, this was a lot more blatant than I imagined.

She wanted her 15 minutes, shes probably going to get a ton more.

Her crazy lonely alt right fans are going to make her their wafu.

Talor Swift is still dealing with people memeing her as a nazi and she never even did any nazi poo poo.

This woman will never shake this.

Hastings
Dec 30, 2008

eke out posted:

Dear Mr. President: please, whatever you do, do NOT post the pictures of Comey and Mueller hugging and kissing.

Also, whatever you do Mr. President, totally do NOT share your Comey/Mueller fan fiction.

highme
May 25, 2001

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

Ague Proof posted:

Change Hicks.

:golfclap:

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

Hastings posted:

Also, whatever you do Mr. President, totally do NOT share your Comey/Mueller fan fiction.

it's lemonparty

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Where have I seen a soulless, unrepentant expression like that before on a "Becky," hmm...

Oh right...

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 05:24 on Sep 5, 2018

AsInHowe
Jan 11, 2007

red winged angel

Riptor posted:

Capuano is also Chris Evan's (yes, that Chris Evans)'s uncle

the Michigan running back?

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

JehovahsWetness posted:

Tooootally normal sitting. All the time, sitting totally normal.

https://twitter.com/ManInTheHoody/status/1037124624557830144

I’ve been hearing about this poo poo all day but hadn’t seen the video. I didn’t really buy it. I’m still not sure I do. But this is just profoundly creepy.

Devor
Nov 30, 2004
Lurking more.

paternity suitor posted:

I’ve been hearing about this poo poo all day but hadn’t seen the video. I didn’t really buy it. I’m still not sure I do. But this is just profoundly creepy.

100% someone sent her a picture of her on TV, and she consciously made the signal in a spot that she knew was visible to the cameras

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

AsInHowe posted:

the Michigan running back?

I think he means Captain America.

Bugsy
Jul 15, 2004

I'm thumpin'. That's
why they call me
'Thumper'.

Slippery Tilde
Is there something wrong with the water around kent state?

https://twitter.com/LHatKent/status/1034842182073626624

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, a man nicknamed “Mad Dog” is the unironically best human being in the Trump Administration.

The dude is a war criminal, so let's not put him on a pedestal.

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider
I'm utterly shocked at all the people arguing she wasn't signaling that didn't bother watching a clip until now. Shocked!

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

I'm utterly shocked at all the people arguing she wasn't signaling that didn't bother watching a clip until now. Shocked!

it's more like, who cares if she's signaling or not, like it's a sudden realization that the trump administration is full of nazis

maybe this rando who works for steven miller... is a racist?

Charliegrs
Aug 10, 2009

Bugsy posted:

Truly the master race

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

nine-gear crow posted:

Again, a man nicknamed “Mad Dog” is the unironically best human being in the Trump Administration.

Rank them however you like so long as we remember they all deserve to bite a curb

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009
Meanwhile, in MA-3, the leaders with 91.1% counted:
Dan Koh 16,528 21.9%
Lori Trahan 15,972 21.2%
(That's in a 10-way race)

.... This one might take a while.

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

luxury handset posted:

it's more like, who cares if she's signaling or not, like it's a sudden realization that the trump administration is full of nazis

luxury handset posted:

the illuminati also put signs everywhere :tinfoil:

You cared enough to accuse the people who correctly identified it as being paranoid conspiracy theorists. Like it really bothered you for some reason that people noticed it.

Why?

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Squinky v2.0 posted:

It does mean that the guy with the most control over state government is a lifetime appointee to some seat in eastern MA that he has ruled for decades. As mentioned MA is probably stuffier than the reputation would suggest, the machine politics have a lot to do with it. They are old and white and their handpicked replacements skew old and white. And their handpicked replacements typically win easily.

On that note:

quote:

In a stunning rebuke to House Speaker Robert DeLeo and his leadership team, Ways and Means Chairman Jeffrey Sanchez and Assistant Majority Leader Byron Rushing, both of Boston, lost their re-election campaigns, according to multiple Democratic sources.

Sanchez, who only took over the powerful budget-writing committee a year ago and was the highest ranking Latino lawmaker on Beacon Hill, lost to Nika Elugardo, another Jamaica Plain Democrat.

https://www.bizjournals.com/boston/news/2018/09/04/voters-oust-high-ranking-reps-sanchez-rushing.html

thin blue whine
Feb 21, 2004
PLEASE SEE POLICY

Soiled Meat

marrying a quisling to own the libs

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
Anyone still talking about the hand sign deserve the brain worms it gives them. All Republicans are racist. There's no discussion to be had here. It's like questioning the intent of someone holding a gun to your head. Is it loaded? Are they joking?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

luxury handset posted:

The fact that they're putting signals like this out there at a nationally televised/streamed hearing for SCOTUS, done by a potential staff member of the nominee, is important and disturbing. It's another step along the path.

Sulphagnist
Oct 10, 2006

WARNING! INTRUDERS DETECTED

Z. Autobahn posted:

The point isn't whether or not she did intentionally (probably, but we'll never know for sure). The point is that if it was intentionally, it was very specifically intended to be seen and to provoke this exact stupid loving debate as opposed to, you know, talking about all the other million more important things. Debating "was that white power or innocuous" is a pointless fruitless endeavor and is directly taking the bait they're laying out.

Yeah it seems really obvious to me someone, like her US Attorney chud husband, sent her a whatsapp to the tune of "hey you're on TV, make the OK sign with your hand right above your left knee and trigger some libs"

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

You cared enough to accuse the people who correctly identified it as being paranoid conspiracy theorists. Like it really bothered you for some reason that people noticed it.

Why?

i was making fun of the people who thought that pointing out the person doing a racist move was more significant than an idiot being on television

if you think it really bothered me that people post oddly itt then i think perhaps you may not want to attribute emotional states to short bits of text in order to feel more validated in your argument? you can try to argue with me about the intent of my joke though and i'll not read those posts

RandomBlue posted:

The fact that they're putting signals like this out there at a nationally televised/streamed hearing for SCOTUS, done by a potential staff member of the nominee, is important and disturbing. It's another step along the path.

imagine that, a racist, on tv, during this presidency

who ever would have thought

Slow News Day
Jul 4, 2007
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

luxury handset posted:

We shouldn't care that members of the administration are openly flaunting their allegiance to Nazism on national television?

Are you loving kidding me?

RandomBlue
Dec 30, 2012

hay guys!

Biscuit Hider

luxury handset posted:

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse. A person in power doing something racist is entirely different from a person in power signaling they're a white supremacist and sends a completely different message.

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Bugsy posted:

What has the internet wrought?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

RandomBlue posted:

Now you're just being intentionally obtuse. A person in power doing something racist is entirely different from a person in power signaling they're a white supremacist and sends a completely different message.

ok so do secret cryptonazi gestures come before or after locking immigrant children in cages along the road to facism

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

luxury handset posted:

i was making fun of the people who thought that pointing out the person doing a racist move was more significant than an idiot being on television

if you think it really bothered me that people post oddly itt then i think perhaps you may not want to attribute emotional states to short bits of text in order to feel more validated in your argument? you can try to argue with me about the intent of my joke though and i'll not read those posts

why have you been melting down all day over people calling her out about this? :thunk:

eyebeem
Jul 18, 2013

by R. Guyovich
I just now realized that there’s a not 0% chance that she made that hand symbol after her husband told her he could see her leg on tv.... then immediately went home and punched him in the dick.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat

Rinkles posted:

What has the internet wrought?

these kids nowadays with their goofy haircuts, and wouldn't you know, they just all just want to look like that pepe frog thing

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Bugsy posted:

Lol I bet gun girl won’t come within 1000 yards of this guy.

Withnail
Feb 11, 2004

eyebeem posted:

I just now realized that there’s a not 0% chance that she made that hand symbol after her husband told her he could see her leg on tv.... then immediately went home and punched him in the dick.

something like this

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

Bottom Liner posted:

why have you been melting down all day over people calling her out about this? :thunk:

People would rather double down giving a Nazi the benefit of the doubt on something that seems absurd (and it is! This isn't something that you would know off hand) when proven wrong than go "whoops my bad yeah that's totally a Nazi thing, I missed it"

It's just the standard desire to never be wrong about anything, ever.

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Charliegrs posted:

Truly the master race

I'm pretty sure the Nazis marked down the Downs kids for T4 euthanasia program. That kid wouldn't be sent to the camps, he'd be rounded up and put in the back of the trucks.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.

This picture is great.

Why in holy hell would you want that on the Internet?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Lemming posted:

People would rather double down giving a Nazi the benefit of the doubt on something that seems absurd (and it is! This isn't something that you would know off hand) when proven wrong than go "whoops my bad yeah that's totally a Nazi thing, I missed it"

It's just the standard desire to never be wrong about anything, ever.

find the part where i said she wasn't a nazi? or anyone itt?

this whole terrible derail is between people who think it is very super serious that a racist did the racist gesture on tv and people who do not think it is particularly serious, but because this argument is Very Boring, instead people have to pretend like the racist gesture is somehow being defended in this thread of all places because folks can't read when they get criticized i guess

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lemming
Apr 21, 2008

luxury handset posted:

find the part where i said she wasn't a nazi? or anyone itt?

this whole terrible derail is between people who think it is very super serious that a racist did the racist gesture on tv and people who do not think it is particularly serious, but because this argument is Very Boring, instead people have to pretend like the racist gesture is somehow being defended in this thread of all places because folks can't read when they get criticized i guess

You accused the people pointing it out of being paranoid conspiracy theorists, using a reference to the Illuminati and the tinfoil hat emote. You very, very clearly didn't think she was doing a white supremacist gesture, you doubled down on it, and now you're trying to pretend you just thought it was irrelevant instead of nonexistent.

Just take the L, dude.

• Locked thread