Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TTBF
Sep 14, 2005

NienNunb posted:

Does Dave's entire family still hate wrestling?

He's found things both of his children enjoy but his son is more into it and more willing to go to shows. His son won't touch WWE at all iirc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Sharp kid.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1037091327932911617

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1037098561333342208

https://twitter.com/EBischoff/status/1037101805300264966

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1037177294542921729

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1037180218576789505

UltimoDragonQuest
Oct 5, 2011

https://twitter.com/prowrestling/status/1037184401606467584

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

CascadeBeta posted:

They didn't even finish the RAW recap today after getting sidetracked by Joey Ryan, which is a fitting response really.

It was, but I wanted to hear them rant about Owens helping Braun in the last segment

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Jacked up doorstop? He's a Bjj black belt wtf

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

ICHIBAHN posted:

Jacked up doorstop? He's a Bjj black belt wtf

Bischoff is a master of the Karate.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
He's a flower petal

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness

Dave with a mean case of roid rage here.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
"jakked up wanna be wrestler living out a midlife crisis." coming out of Bischoff's mouth probably tore open some irony-based black hole somewhere in the universe.

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
Bisch should go get himself a cheap bottle of Thunderbird so he can try to dig back some of that courage he had in his prime. Actually, he's probably way ahead on that task already.

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

So you think the access journalists doing puff pieces on the latest movies and tv shows get into fights the way their wrestling counterparts do?

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010
Just starting to get back into listening to wrestling podcasts and I'm having trouble finding one I listened to a few years ago. It was a pair of guys who at first did a Wrestlemania retrospective; an episode for every Wrestlemania. The podcasts were usually longer than the actual event, some being like 4-6 hours long IIRC. Also one of the hosts was drat good at impressions. His vince impression always started with him yelling at Pat Patterson: "Patterson, get in here!"

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

Your Parents
Jul 19, 2017

by R. Guyovich

saltylopez posted:

Just starting to get back into listening to wrestling podcasts and I'm having trouble finding one I listened to a few years ago. It was a pair of guys who at first did a Wrestlemania retrospective; an episode for every Wrestlemania. The podcasts were usually longer than the actual event, some being like 4-6 hours long IIRC. Also one of the hosts was drat good at impressions. His vince impression always started with him yelling at Pat Patterson: "Patterson, get in here!"

Anybody know what I'm talking about?

lapsed fan?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Yeah that’s definitely lapsed fan

saltylopez
Mar 30, 2010

That's the one. Thank you very much!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

Although 4-6 hours being longer than the event no longer holds up haha

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747
I can't wait for the 24 hour lapsed fan review of this year's wrestlemania!

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I think it’s WM30 that has the Virgil meat sauce story, which I’m a bit conflicted about because on one hand it’s incredible, on the other hand it’s kind of gross to pay someone to hang around and be humiliated all night, and back on the first hand it’s loving Virgil so how bad about it should I feel, really

blast0rama
Aug 13, 2003

Tingly.

Gumball Gumption posted:

So you think the access journalists doing puff pieces on the latest movies and tv shows get into fights the way their wrestling counterparts do?

Yeah, definitely seen it, between the DCEU fans (a lot like Russo guys) and the #NotMyStarWars crew.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

rovert posted:

Bischoff is a master of the Karate.

I've seen Bischoff's "karate" and its mall dojo at best.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?
https://twitter.com/ForkedPgh/status/1037294361380311040
I'm really happen that Em gets to finally talk about All In considering how long she had been waiting to go

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
I've been listening to Bischoff's podcast out of morbid curiosity. It's so weird how he spends the show bashing Meltzer, while at the same time using the Observer as a source for every talking point. Sometimes he disputes what's reported, sometimes he says it's correct.

It's just so blatantly a gimmick to get a rise out of listeners... like Bischoff could just use the Torch as a source and not give Meltzer the time of day, but instead every episode I've listened to is this weird witch hunt.

I really don't like this weird era we're in, with everyone picking sides in some kind of strange wrestling personality fanboy war. It's like the console wars but more annoying.

Daunte Vicknabb
Feb 22, 2005

You are already dead
Love in the 4 Star when the guy asserts that today's "PC culture" possibly makes it impossible for feuds to have heat.

sleepwalkers
Dec 7, 2008

triplexpac posted:

I've been listening to Bischoff's podcast out of morbid curiosity. It's so weird how he spends the show bashing Meltzer, while at the same time using the Observer as a source for every talking point. Sometimes he disputes what's reported, sometimes he says it's correct.
IIRC, that's the case on Bruce Pritchard's podcast as well.

Incessant Excess
Aug 15, 2005

Cause of glitch:
Pretentiousness
Dave not having any chill today

https://twitter.com/davemeltzerWON/status/1037383665616007170

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I mean he’s not wrong. Pritchard taking a paycheque from WWE to falsely bash Meltzer for being a paid NJPW shill is some amazing poo poo

long-ass nips Diane
Dec 13, 2010

Breathe.

I think he's just totally done with Bischoff after the steroid crack.

Karmine
Oct 23, 2003

If you tremble with indignation at every injustice, then you are a comrade of mine.
Eric Bischoff sees the way Donald Trump conducts himself and thinks "yes, I will also do that." Guaranteed.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Let's get some money together and book Big Dave vs Bischoff in an MMA fight

TheCool69
Sep 23, 2011

sleepwalkers posted:

IIRC, that's the case on Bruce Pritchard's podcast as well.

I think its more of a Conrad thing. I guess he was/is Meltz mark and grew up reading Observer and uses it because its familiar

Tato
Jun 19, 2001

DIRECTIVE 236: Promote pro-social values
I'm done with every WCW dipshit who has done nothing but fail for nearly 20 years in everything else they do trying to desperately make bucks by riling up the dumbest of the dumb marks against one of the few semi credible sources in the shadiest of shady industries. Conrad sucks.

Except Glacier. I'd gladly listen to any WCW stories from the ice man.

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.
Conrad is super hit or miss for me. Sometimes he just sounds like a normal internet fan who wants more insight on some of the rumors from back in the day, sometimes he calls out Pritchard on his very blatant bullshit, and sometimes he just rides the bullshit too. He's all over the place.

The only Prichard podcast I'd ever recommend going out of your way for is the CM Punk podcast because it legitimately did give great insight on how WWE Management works in regards to indie stars and for once, Bruce was on Punk's side and the whole thing was pretty positive.

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

I can't blame Conrad for knowing what side of the drat bread his butter is on, but unfortunately it just doesn't make for compelling listening any longer. I did think there were a dozen or so great episodes with Bruce. I never gave the Bischoff one a chance, though.I hope his podcast with Gertner is entertaining.

triplexpac
Mar 24, 2007

Suck it
Two tears in a bucket
And then another thing
I'm not the one they'll try their luck with
Hit hard like brass knuckles
See your face through the turnbuckle dude
I got no love for you
What’s the possible appeal of a Gertner podcast. Wacky ECW stories I guess? Haven’t we pretty much heard all of those?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

triplexpac posted:

What’s the possible appeal of a Gertner podcast. Wacky ECW stories I guess? Haven’t we pretty much heard all of those?
More ECW sleaze stories after statue of limitations from someone who isn't afraid of dirtying his name

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I really don't need another iteration of "Tommy Mouthfucked Beaulah While The Boys Cheered" or whatever. Let ECW die, you weirdos.

Orange Carlisle
Jul 14, 2007

Dave vs Eric is a great feud and I hope it never ends

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
Conrad lets things slide because he only ever uses a single source for his shows (either the Torch or Meltzer usually) so if the newsletter says one thing and Bischoff says another, it's left at that because Conrad doesn't look to see if anything else like shoot interviews or whatever back up what's said in the newsletter. I generally don't have a problem with that, because he's trying to make entertaining podcasts, not prosecute individuals for the crime of bad booking but it can get frustrating.

I still listen to Prichard because I enjoy the running jokes and his goofy impressions. Bischoff still comes across as a hostile jackass who is trying to salvage his reputation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dsriggs
May 28, 2012

MONEY FALLS...

...FROM THE SKY...

...WHENEVER HE POSTS!
1998:
*Dave writes thing*
Bischoff: Dammit, our plans leaked. We need to change them.

2018:
Conrad: Dave says here that thing was gonna happen
Bischoff: Look how wrong that idiot was, I don't know how people listen to him.