Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AnimeIsTrash
Jun 30, 2018

meowmeowmeowmeow posted:

Now thooooorin is defending Alex Jones. How is this guy still get any work?

I have yet to figure out what he contributes to any panel either, I guess he knows some historical CS stuff? Seems like other than that almost anyone can pull off stats off HLTV and repeat them.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

AnimeIsTrash posted:

I have yet to figure out what he contributes to any panel either, I guess he knows some historical CS stuff? Seems like other than that almost anyone can pull off stats off HLTV and repeat them.

He's the color commentator, they need a jerk that people react to who can speak reasonably fluidly. The recipe is smooth guy, nerd and jerk. He's not there for his cringe history, he's there to be, see that shithead was wrong or unjustly right

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005

Tweet from @n0thing posted:

Thanks for the support for my new CS:GO course! I was able to set the price at $14.99 (one time payment) for the next few weeks as an initial promo. Follow this link to get the discount: https://www.udemy.com/counter-strike-global-offensive-play-like-a-pro/?couponCode=TWITTER15 - Looking forward to feedback on the course for future projects!

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
Takes me way back when I can buy a laser-like MP5 again.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009

New Zealand can eat me posted:

Sometimes it's good to watch the clock, what a way to lose https://clips.twitch.tv/AltruisticGlamorousCrowTBTacoLeft

I was expecting to see my T mates runout the clock holding the bomb above the site because there's a CT on the other side of the map. Instead it's my CT mates getting aggressive from a disadventagous position against a T with no hope of planting.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

hi friends does anyone want to play with rahladahladahldahlaaaa

bonus: i'm worse than before~ :3:

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

i told him to keep his criticism to text and not talk the whole round lol. NA players are deranged. idk how he got in EU

added the dude who would play a soundboard of a baby crying any time he'd rage at me.

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

I vastly prefer EU MM to NA MM, there are some real pissbabies out on this side of the pond. Without seeing what both of you said in game it's hard to say if you're both pissbabies but he certainly is. But if you had only listened to his criticism,

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

the advice was fine, "dont push as cts, stop taking dumb 1v1s" I didn't even disagree with him.

he only lashed out at me because i told him to stfu and chill after a 2 minute long monologue. he then gradually got more and more insane, and started calling me a snowflake.

definitely the most heated gamer i've played with.

Dongicus fucked around with this message at 20:29 on Aug 23, 2018

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

in lol mdl news ESEA banned Effys and Cardiac (really old people) for a year for throwing MDL matches. Stronglegs, the commentator, has been banned/cut from MDL too although the post is a little confusing on if it's because he knew about the throws or if it's just because he was betting as a caster which valve doesn't want

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

TheFlyingLlama posted:

in lol mdl news ESEA banned Effys and Cardiac (really old people) for a year for throwing MDL matches. Stronglegs, the commentator, has been banned/cut from MDL too although the post is a little confusing on if it's because he knew about the throws or if it's just because he was betting as a caster which valve doesn't want

StrongLegs relational was that he was temporarily banned from Twitch for a month and wasn't technically working with ESEA in casting games, so he just thought "what the gently caress why not?" and made a bunch of bets on mdl teams.

In conclusion he's in a moron. Say goodbye to your rising star power.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

I love that it was just a few hundred bucks, dude got owned for dipping his toe in. It's nice to know they take it extremely loving seriously

If they had two brain cells to rub together they'd have done it on a crypto site and not told anyone about it :rolleyes:

A TURGID FATSO
Jan 27, 2004

Here's to ya, JACKASS

New Zealand can eat me posted:

I love that it was just a few hundred bucks, dude got owned for dipping his toe in. It's nice to know they take it extremely loving seriously

If they had two brain cells to rub together they'd have done it on a crypto site and not told anyone about it :rolleyes:

Well that's the thing, I think effys and cardiac did keep it under wraps. It was someone at GG.Bet that informed ESEA what was happening and StrongLegs somehow got caught up in it as well. He and effys do have history together, but according to SL there was bad blood between them, so who the hell knows how it all came about.

It doesn't make it any less stupid, though.

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

This part of his confession stands out to me:

quote:

When I got suspended in July on Twitch and I wasn't able to work with ESEA either, I was desperate for money

I'm too lazy to dig, maybe someone else is privy… what did he do to get suspended from Twitch? Was it because he was giving gambling advice or what

If this dude was so good at giving gambling advice, I feel like unless he was already in the hole and had a gambling issue, it shouldn't have been a big deal for him to secure a real line of credit or at least borrow some cash from family or otherwise, and either make some dough or at least get by. It's not like he was struggling to eat or something right? Just seems like so little to gently caress a career up over. We're definitely missing the real story. I suppose it's for the best, at the end of the day he did a very dumb thing and got caught. I hope he gets the help he needs and straightens out

I mean hell, even a gofundme for "float me until I can stream on twitch again" or a patreon for gambling tips would have been a lot less shadeball. Based on the (admittedly very) circumstantial evidence, the implication seems to be that, because of how closely together the bets happened, he was likely doing it on their behalf, from their PCs?

One of the shittier things about a situation like this, is that without the league being there to enforce these things, it's loving impossible to prove anything in civil/criminal court anywhere in the world. Even with IP addresses you still have to prove his rear end was in the chair etc

How old are all 3 of them?

ninja: or you know, get a loving job

Audax
Dec 1, 2005
"LOL U GOT OWNED"
I think he called someone a queer but forgot to have his big goth tiddies out so twitch had to ban him #mensrights #mgtow #sjwcancer

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

in other CSGO news, CSGO Skin Hoarder/Gambler/Entrepreneur McSkillet drove his McLaren 100mph down the wrong way of an HOV lane killing himself and 2 others, injuring 8 more.

Kehveli
Apr 1, 2009

Push It Like You Push Your Girlfriend

Diqnol posted:

I vastly prefer EU MM to NA MM, there are some real pissbabies out on this side of the pond.

I usually end up in na with goons and rarely do eu mm (mostly do faceit if there's friends online). Feels like the average game in eu the coms are less clogged and chaotic with people mostly just infoing and maybe saying one line things. Probably because you have to do it in english and for most people it's just not worth trying to talk poo poo in your second, or third, or fourth language (obviously there are exceptions). That doesn't really save you when you end up with a team of guys from russia and ukraine deciding to talk things through during the game though.

meowmeowmeowmeow
Jan 4, 2017

Photex posted:

in other CSGO news, CSGO Skin Hoarder/Gambler/Entrepreneur McSkillet drove his McLaren 100mph down the wrong way of an HOV lane killing himself and 2 others, injuring 8 more.

Jesus

symbolic
Nov 2, 2014

Photex posted:

What...What the gently caress? :psyduck:

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

Photex posted:

Jesus. Fine if you're going to kill your self but don't take innocent people in a van out with you.

pctD
Aug 25, 2009

Pillbug
He traded me 10keys for an mw mp7 whiteout which was like 2x market value at one point in time.

E: actually it was an m249 blizzard marbleized and it was like 4x market so that was nice.

pctD fucked around with this message at 18:16 on Aug 24, 2018

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

https://www.vpesports.com/uncategorized/csgo-skins-trader-and-youtuber-mcskillet-killed-in-wrong-way-car-crash/

quote:

Before the fatal crash, Heitmann purposely drove his vehicle into the Ashley Falls Elementary School front gate that had a sign on the front  that had the word “STEAM” printed on it in reference to a magnet program which supports science, technology, engineering, arts and mathematics

:ohdear:

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:
Man wtf?! I am pretty into skins, I don't gamble or trade I just like 'em. Can't believe he was only 18. That means he was a minor when he was doing all his gambling ad stuff which is also kinda hosed up. Terrible thing to happen though.

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
This is why you take your kids camping or whatever every now and then. It starts with weekend-long point-and-click internet video murder game simulations and before you know it they're mainlining Medusas(???) in their Ferrari which you have no idea how they got, aiming for the world's first IRL ace with nothing but a speedhack and a molotov. Shake ny god drat head mods ban me to the dadzone

This Jacket Is Me
Jan 29, 2009
loving really, if there ever were a time to consider that this creeping trend of financing interactive pixel entertainment with monetized Skinner box hooks, it might as well be now. Bring back subscriptions paid with credit cards.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015

This Jacket Is Me posted:

This is why you take your kids camping or whatever every now and then. It starts with weekend-long point-and-click internet video murder game simulations and before you know it they're mainlining Medusas(???) in their Ferrari which you have no idea how they got, aiming for the world's first IRL ace with nothing but a speedhack and a molotov. Shake ny god drat head mods ban me to the dadzone

the gently caress is this poo poo

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
if you've never gotten stoned by way of medusa you've really missed out

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

*Washington Capitals #1 Fan On DeviantArt*

EZ

e: SS -> Optic due to ngiN stand-in situation

mcvey fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Sep 5, 2018

MF_James
May 8, 2008
I CANNOT HANDLE BEING CALLED OUT ON MY DUMBASS OPINIONS ABOUT ANTI-VIRUS AND SECURITY. I REALLY LIKE TO THINK THAT I KNOW THINGS HERE

INSTEAD I AM GOING TO WHINE ABOUT IT IN OTHER THREADS SO MY OPINION CAN FEEL VALIDATED IN AN ECHO CHAMBER I LIKE

Since when did the Hurricanes switch from hockey to CSGO? I mean they're bad in hockey, but christ that's a change just to be terrible still.

Photex
Apr 6, 2009

Shah is going to drag Complexity to at least one win.

yolandi
Jul 3, 2014

To the :c00l:

rip

edit: dh stockholm is not the london major, my bad :doh:

yolandi fucked around with this message at 22:40 on Sep 1, 2018

always be closing
Jul 16, 2005
Nip is back

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
Sure is a lot of nuke being played

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?

Bohemian Nights posted:

Nuke is a good map, possibly the best map

Buller
Nov 6, 2010

Bohemian Nights posted:

Danish CS

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

SpaceSoldiers level 3 FaceIt coach is being forced to sub for one of their players due to VISA issues.

3-22 w/ 12ADR in their first game, rough.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Holy poo poo that tiziaN frag at toxic was beautiful.

mcvey
Aug 31, 2006

go caps haha

Popelmon posted:

Holy poo poo that tiziaN frag at toxic was beautiful.

https://clips.twitch.tv/TubularEnjoyableBulgogiFrankerZ

https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousLazyBaconUWot

mcvey fucked around with this message at 17:01 on Sep 5, 2018

Good soup!
Nov 2, 2010

This Jacket Is Me posted:

are you ok, do you have someone you can call

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheFlyingLlama
Jan 2, 2013

You really think someone would do that? Just go on the internet and be a llama?

and all networks at the stadium they're playing have gone down.

hell of a way to start off a major faceit

EDIT: appears to be back up after about an hour and missing the goddamn end of the optic/liquid game

TheFlyingLlama fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 5, 2018