Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felime posted:

Bozzelli's italian deli. Literally around the corner. Far less standing than the food truck lines. Y'all nerds need to learn to explore a little.

The main compliment I can pay the wine, though is that it was superior to MD 20/20, which is to say, not flourescent poison. I'd forgotten what poo poo alcohol in excess does to you the next day because I haven't had enough alcohol to have a hangover in years. Good times.

Don't worry.

Next year I got it covered.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Crab-Stuffed posted:

I recently finished some golden bois (shout out to the folks behind Wh40k badcast - you guys always motivate me to paint)! Maybe I'll finally make it out to a convention one day!

More pics: https://www.instagram.com/crabstuffedmushrooms/

These look great! It always surprises me just how good Custodes can look if they aren't in the shiny gold-blood red studio default scheme.

Same thing with the Electroo priests IMO?

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Technowolf posted:

KT preview for Gellerpoxs Infected are up

- CC focused with options for either a few big monsters or lots of tiny ones
- Nightmare Hulks have T5, W4, and Disgustingly resilient
- Gellerpox Mutants are Poxwalkers but can cause mortal wounds on saving rolls of 6
- New type of fighter called a Commander, which are "incredibly customizable" with the new Traits and the ability to be any level of specialization from the get-go
- Gellershift tactic - 2CP to teleport any one model to any point on the table >4" away from any enemy
- Verminoid Infestation tactic - 3CP to set up a Mutoid Vermin model in 6" of any friendly model
- Twisted Blessings tactic - 2CP to roll a d6; on a 4+ heal one flesh wound on a Nightmare Hulk

Lol at these lumbering mutants being the only ones with a deepstrike in KT. They sound awesome and these two teams are going to make everything else feel bland and flavorless aren't they...

Chainclaw
Feb 14, 2009

PAX was last weekend, and I took the Thursday before off for a bit of 40K. I managed to get a 500 point game in, my Drukhari against my friend's Imperial Guard. I got my rear end kicked. The photos aren't really worth sharing, so I'll just share my two armies.

Army shots:

Other notes: I need to get my army transportation situation worked out soon. Drukhari are a pain to transport,. The ones that fit in the Games Workshop case keep having parts break off. The big spikey vehicles and the Scourges don't fit in the case really.

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Okay, what troops should I include in this matrix?

Tac Squad
Primaris Squad

Guard
Conscripts

Custodes

AdMech troops

Might as well start out figuring out the relative troop slots that are all, ultimately, opportunity costs for each other. When it comes right down to it, if you're playing Marines, these are the options that you look at and say "what if...?" when you're building your troop slots.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Crab-Stuffed posted:

I recently finished some golden bois (shout out to the folks behind Wh40k badcast - you guys always motivate me to paint)! Maybe I'll finally make it out to a convention one day!

More pics: https://www.instagram.com/crabstuffedmushrooms/

Holy moley, I’m gonna need that recipe because those look fuckin rad as heck my dude

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Can anyone recommend a really nice urban gaming mat? I had one that was ok from Frontline, but the movers seem to have lost it. I have 'Grassy Fields 2' from Tablewar and am fairly happy with it. Not sure if I like their urban mats from the pictures on the website. This one will mostly be used for 40k, so something that goes well with typical Imperial gothic terrain would be ideal.

Crab-Stuffed
Jul 24, 2006

Endman posted:

Holy moley, I’m gonna need that recipe because those look fuckin rad as heck my dude

Aw, thanks man. For sure!

Gold was:
Retributor Armor Spray,
Reikland Fleshshade Gloss wash,
Lighter wash of Druchii Violet mixed with Lahmian Medium
Drybrush of Golden Griffon,
Edge highlight of Stormhost Silver
*brush over the armor with Vallejo Satin Varnish for shinyness (dull varnish the non-shiny parts).

The purple wash is the secret sauce, but don't go overboard or it'll dry with a dull white sheen. Try to avoid drowning the model!

The purple hair was a basecoat of Kantor *Blue*, followed by Xereus Purple, Screamer Pink and (selective) edge highlights of Warpfiend Grey.

The jewels were a basecoat of Thousand Sons Blue, with Incubi Darkness in the top left and Ahriman Blue in the bottom right, followed by an additional highlight of Baharoth blue i in the bottom right. A tiny dot of white was placed in the top-left corner of the jewel to make it look reflective (cover the jewel in gloss varnish at the end).

I used Duncan's Warhammer TV tutorial on Custodes for the power weapons : Kantor Blue base, Sotek Green, Temple Guard Blue, Baharoth Blue and White-tipped highlights (Duncan's tutorial explains it better). Make sure to use a lot of Lahmian Medium so the highlights aren't thick.

Those are the big parts, if I missed anything let me know! Hope you can use it!

Crab-Stuffed fucked around with this message at 12:29 on Sep 5, 2018

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Can anyone recommend a really nice urban gaming mat? I had one that was ok from Frontline, but the movers seem to have lost it. I have 'Grassy Fields 2' from Tablewar and am fairly happy with it. Not sure if I like their urban mats from the pictures on the website. This one will mostly be used for 40k, so something that goes well with typical Imperial gothic terrain would be ideal.

I liked the quality of the Table War ones at NOVA.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I liked the quality of the Table War ones at NOVA.

Did you see this one in person?

http://www.tablewar.com/6x4-urban-combat-f-a-t-mat-gaming-mat/

It is fairly similar to the one I got from Frontline. Something about it seems a bit...off...to me. Not sure what exactly. Some of their newer mats seem to be more realistic looking or maybe just better resolution or something. It might be awesome in person.

Endman
May 18, 2010

That is not dead which can eternal lie, And with strange aeons even anime may die

Crab-Stuffed posted:

Aw, thanks man. For sure!

Gold was:
Retributor Armor Spray,
Reikland Fleshshade Gloss wash,
Lighter wash of Druchii Violet mixed with Lahmian Medium
Drybrush of Golden Griffon,
Edge highlight of Stormhost Silver
*brush over the armor with Vallejo Satin Varnish for shinyness (dull varnish the non-shiny parts).

The purple wash is the secret sauce, but don't go overboard or it'll dry with a dull white sheen. Try to avoid drowning the model!

The purple hair was a basecoat of Kantor *Blue*, followed by Xereus Purple, Screamer Pink and (selective) edge highlights of Warpfiend Grey.

The jewels were a basecoat of Thousand Sons Blue, with Incubi Darkness in the top left and Ahriman Blue in the bottom right, followed by an additional highlight of Baharoth blue i in the bottom right. A tiny dot of white was placed in the top-left corner of the jewel to make it look reflective (cover the jewel in gloss varnish at the end).

I used Duncan's Warhammer TV tutorial on Custodes for the power weapons : Kantor Blue base, Sotek Green, Temple Guard Blue, Baharoth Blue and White-tipped highlights (Duncan's tutorial explains it better). Make sure to use a lot of Lahmian Medium so the highlights aren't thick.

Those are the big parts, if I missed anything let me know! Hope you can use it!

That is super awesome, thank you!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Soldier o Fortune posted:

Did you see this one in person?

http://www.tablewar.com/6x4-urban-combat-f-a-t-mat-gaming-mat/

It is fairly similar to the one I got from Frontline. Something about it seems a bit...off...to me. Not sure what exactly. Some of their newer mats seem to be more realistic looking or maybe just better resolution or something. It might be awesome in person.

I think I played on it and had no problems. If you don't like the look I can see wanting to grab something else.

MasterSlowPoke
Oct 9, 2005

Our courage will pull us through
If you had the old Frontline urban mat then that is the same one. Frontline and Tablewar used to partner to sell them until Frontline conspired to kick Tablewar out of the deal.

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.
Hey, a while back a goon posted a website they'd made that took in Battlescribe output and chucked out nicely-formatted codex-looking pages. Does anyone have a link to it?

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

Flavivirus posted:

Hey, a while back a goon posted a website they'd made that took in Battlescribe output and chucked out nicely-formatted codex-looking pages. Does anyone have a link to it?

http://ec2-54-242-211-98.compute-1.amazonaws.com/40k.php

Flavivirus
Dec 14, 2011

The next stage of evolution.

Ta!

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Did some Armigers for my Knights/Ultras:

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Those robitz are sexier than Rihanna.

And I’m a man who loves him some Rihanna.

10/10. There’s obviously a bunch of fantastic details that are incredible but I’m especially surprised by how much the simple green trim adds to the model.

ANAmal.net
Mar 2, 2002

100% digital native web developer

I promise I'll put a real URL on this one day, but there's a weird thing where sometimes the ROSZ files won't unzip, so if you hit that and get the error message, just save it as a ROS instead, and that seems to fix it.

There's other problems with it (mixed/multiple detachments, some random data problems) too, but that's the biggest issue I need to resolve.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

GuardianOfAsgaard posted:

Those look great.

Did you use weathering powders on the feet?

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Those look great.

Did you use weathering powders on the feet?

Thanks! Nope just drybrushed browns.

ijyt
Apr 10, 2012

ANAmal.net posted:

I promise I'll put a real URL on this one day, but there's a weird thing where sometimes the ROSZ files won't unzip, so if you hit that and get the error message, just save it as a ROS instead, and that seems to fix it.

There's other problems with it (mixed/multiple detachments, some random data problems) too, but that's the biggest issue I need to resolve.

It’s really awesome, me and a friend were dreading having to open up illustrator or something.

Those knights are killer, especially like the checkers and the running repose.

Kore_Fero
Jan 31, 2008

Dude...those are amazing

Kore_Fero fucked around with this message at 16:13 on Sep 5, 2018

Pendent
Nov 16, 2011

The bonds of blood transcend all others.
But no blood runs stronger than that of Sanguinius
Grimey Drawer

Excellent as always. I really like how they're posed as well, they feel a bit more dynamic that most armigers.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods
Thanks muchly my dudes!

Here’s a super crowded shot of all my Knights, gonna need a bigger lightbox or something:

Living Image
Apr 24, 2010

HORSE'S ASS

Oh man I just saw those on your insta. Love them. Really dynamic use of the kits.

Technowolf
Nov 4, 2009

Lore dump for the RT box set. Includes some interesting tidbits about the state of the galaxy.

Signs for recognizing the Gellerpox Engineer's Syndrome.

Remember:

quote:

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of room-by-room clearings of infested vessels

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

Thanks muchly my dudes!

Here’s a super crowded shot of all my Knights, gonna need a bigger lightbox or something:

Man, these are great. How tough was it to pose the armigers that way? I have some helverins in my painting backlog and was hoping to give them more dynamic poses without too much trouble.

GuardianOfAsgaard
Feb 1, 2012

Their steel shines red
With enemy blood
It sings of victory
Granted by the Gods

Mikey Purp posted:

Man, these are great. How tough was it to pose the armigers that way? I have some helverins in my painting backlog and was hoping to give them more dynamic poses without too much trouble.

Thanks man. Pretty straightforward, I just shaved off the nubs on the hip and ankle joints to allow them to move freely. I didn't mess with the knee joints at all since you'd have to do some cutting.

Dr Hemulen
Jan 25, 2003

richyp posted:

Finished the Space Pup Intercessors

Nice, I really like the scheme and also your execution.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
I posted in the book barn black library but I'm leaving tonight and it's not exactly a busy thread. Xpost:

JBP posted:

I'm about to spend 20 hours on planes. What should I get? Prefer Horus Heresy but open to any recent space wolves or fun space marine poo poo that is more recent. Have just read Prospero Burns, A Thousand Sons and First Heretic. All great. Enjoyed Fulgrim and Legion. That's basically all I've read except for the dire Dark Angels books and the first three which I assume you won't recommend anyway!

I'm thinking wolfsbane. Are the newer 40k space wolves (like legacy of Russ) books good or nah?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I'm behind on codexes but i'm not sure which one I should get next.

I currently have Space marines, guard, death guard, space wolves, chaos marines and custodes. I need Eldar, Necrons, Tau and Thousand Sons. I guess Deathwatch too because i have 2 squads and Artemis.

JBP posted:

I posted in the book barn black library but I'm leaving tonight and it's not exactly a busy thread. Xpost:

I'm thinking wolfsbane. Are the newer 40k space wolves (like legacy of Russ) books good or nah?

Have you read the Space Wolves book that pairs with Burning of Prospero? Also I'd recomend if you haven't, delve into Gaunts Ghosts. The omnibuses shouldn't be too hard to find and Necropolis onwards are some of the best military sci fi you can find.

Legendary Ptarmigan
Sep 21, 2007

Need a light?

JBP posted:

I posted in the book barn black library but I'm leaving tonight and it's not exactly a busy thread.

Know No Fear and Betrayer are a nice pairing about the Battle of Calth and its aftermath. 30k Ultras, Word Bearers and World Eaters. Betrayer has one of the most :black101: human characters on the HH series. You'll know who if you've read it.

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

twistedmentat posted:

I'm behind on codexes but i'm not sure which one I should get next.

I currently have Space marines, guard, death guard, space wolves, chaos marines and custodes. I need Eldar, Necrons, Tau and Thousand Sons. I guess Deathwatch too because i have 2 squads and Artemis.

Have you read the Space Wolves book that pairs with Burning of Prospero? Also I'd recomend if you haven't, delve into Gaunts Ghosts. The omnibuses shouldn't be too hard to find and Necropolis onwards are some of the best military sci fi you can find.

Yeah read all of Eisenhorn, Ravenor and Gaunt's Ghosts. I might actually give Know No Fear a go since I just read The First Heretic and I'm down with some emo word bearers burning poo poo.

Soldier o Fortune
Jul 22, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I think I played on it and had no problems. If you don't like the look I can see wanting to grab something else.

Cool, thanks!

MasterSlowPoke posted:

If you had the old Frontline urban mat then that is the same one. Frontline and Tablewar used to partner to sell them until Frontline conspired to kick Tablewar out of the deal.

Ok I wasn't sure if they were identical or just similar. Good to know, and thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Thanks muchly my dudes!

I love this picture because it's both inspiring and incredibly depressing.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I love this picture because it's both inspiring and incredibly depressing.

Sounds like an average scroll through this thread for me whenever someone posts something.

Odd question, power cables for Scion lasguns on or off?

BIG MEATY SHITS
Mar 13, 2017

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Soiled Meat
so did gw just port points from 40k over to kill team? seems poo poo that a marine costs twice as much as an ork boy when orks dont give much of a gently caress about the bs modifiers in this game.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I figured if I ever get Knights, i'll do my GoT themed army, as its not happening with AoS Bretonnians.

JBP posted:

Yeah read all of Eisenhorn, Ravenor and Gaunt's Ghosts. I might actually give Know No Fear a go since I just read The First Heretic and I'm down with some emo word bearers burning poo poo.

First Heretic is pretty boss. I also really liked Vengeful Spirit, Marine Spec Ops team going behind enemy lines, so I'd recomend that one. I'd say stay away from Damnation of Pythos, that book is worse than the Dark Angels HH books, and its so incredibly pointless. I have Deathfire too, but I've not cracked it open because DoP was so poor it put me off reading HH for a while. I'll probably start once I'm done reading the first Witcher Novel.

Cooked Auto posted:

Sounds like an average scroll through this thread for me whenever someone posts something.

Odd question, power cables for Scion lasguns on or off?

How much swearing does it take to put them on?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

Settled on Know No Fear and Betrayer thanks to some positive cross recommendations from the book barn. Thanks goons.