Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: fart simpson)

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

furiously masturbating to anime titties

sincx has issued a correction as of 05:27 on Mar 23, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
... I don't get the tea picture detail. Is this chick like Chinese pizza teen or something.

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

So yes then

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Atrocious Joe posted:

Xi is heroically trying to stop kids from becoming gamers

https://twitter.com/CGTNOfficial/status/1035777385306587136

Betcha the myopia problem is more a result of the kids never being allowed to go outside.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/PDChina/status/1036552339656650753

Kurnugia
Sep 2, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
And on the side, the Brits are extremely mad the basis of their power in Africa is being eroded by the perfidious Chinese underhandedly offering better terms on their loan offers.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
the loans are real loving bad mate

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

we repeat, the brits are extremely mad

frankenfreak
Feb 16, 2007

I SCORED 85% ON A QUIZ ABOUT MONDAY NIGHT RAW AND ALL I GOT WAS THIS LOUSY TEXT

#bastionboogerbrigade
Oh no, the Chinese are beating us at economic imperialism!

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Jose posted:

the loans are real loving bad mate

not really. the rates are only a little higher than the imf, the repayment periods are long and there aren't any requirements to privatize everything to hell

Top City Homo
Oct 15, 2014

Ramrod XTreme
but its neocolonialism i scream at the waiter with bringing me bbq pork

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

Chernigov Military Aviation Lyceum
The Fighting Slowpokes

lol the funniest part of this is that land reform was done by super right-wing military dictator Douglas MacArthur who used Japan as a experimental laboratory for New Deal reforms applied to non-american countries.

the same thing happened in South Korea where the landlords were mostly japanese who got evicted at the end of ww2 so the right-wing military gov just handed the land back to the peasants because it was a good idea. ironically in the same time frame asian communists did the same thing and everyone was happy but then the government went PSYCHE and collectivized agriculture which ofc was a great move and nothing bad ever happened as a result.

Typo has issued a correction as of 07:35 on Sep 4, 2018

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

this confirms my suspicion that a lot of chinese investments into africa is actually setting money on fire

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Typo posted:

lol the funniest part of this is that land reform was done by super right-wing military dictator Douglas MacArthur who used Japan as a experimental laboratory for New Deal reforms applied to non-american countries.

the same thing happened in South Korea where the landlords were mostly japanese who got evicted at the end of ww2 so the right-wing military gov just handed the land back to the peasants because it was a good idea. ironically in the same time frame asian communists did the same thing and everyone was happy but then the government went PSYCHE and collectivized agriculture which ofc was a great move and nothing bad ever happened as a result.

lmao read a fuckin history book dude. in south korea they SOLD it back to the peasants, and then only the japanese-held lands. korean landlords were protected by the government and even the japanese landlords were compensated. in the north every landlord, korean and japanese alike, had their property expropriated w/o compensation and given to the peasants for free.

plus in the south most of the government was landlords, which meant there was virtually no way to equal the land reform in the north. every effort to do so was blocked.

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

in addition the collectivization of agriculture in the dprk is an example of how to do it right; there wasn't a large-scale famine as happened in the ussr. almost like previous efforts were instructive and made subsequent attempts much smoother, or something.

but then i suppose you're so addled by liberal nonsense you think just saying the word "collectivization" is enough to spook people.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
[In a brain damaged liberal voice] oh yeah. Well if the collectivzation went so well, how come there's no north Korean agriculture multinationals?!

Kassad
Nov 12, 2005

It's about time.

Typo posted:

this confirms my suspicion that a lot of chinese investments into africa is actually setting money on fire

I remember when the US flew a few hundred tons of dollar bills to Iraq and lost track of them all.

Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

Top City Homo posted:

but its neocolonialism i scream at the waiter with bringing me bbq pork

this but unironically

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

R. Guyovich posted:

not really. the rates are only a little higher than the imf, the repayment periods are long and there aren't any requirements to privatize everything to hell

there are for the loan they gave Montenegro but rereading the main problem with that is the idea was stupid as gently caress and everyone else refused to give them the money

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

R. Guyovich posted:

in addition the collectivization of agriculture in the dprk is an example of how to do it right; there wasn't a large-scale famine as happened in the ussr. almost like previous efforts were instructive and made subsequent attempts much smoother, or something.

but then i suppose you're so addled by liberal nonsense you think just saying the word "collectivization" is enough to spook people.

would you work on a collective farm for the sake of the revolution comrade

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Kassad posted:

I remember when the US flew a few hundred tons of dollar bills to Iraq and lost track of them all.

wasn't it like $ 1 billion that randomly disappeared off an airplane?

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

R. Guyovich posted:

wasn't that because the soviets+chinese massively proped up the dprk at the expense of their own economy?

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

the cia used the money to create ISIS

R. Guyovich
Dec 25, 1991

Typo posted:

this seems like a dodge!

Algund Eenboom
May 4, 2014

https://twitter.com/HamsickAndBrush/status/1036626591865085954

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typo posted:

Yes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Typo posted:

You should ask this question to farm laborers.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy

Typo posted:

yes

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Typo looking square into the eyes of a dead eyed Tyson's cooping plant worker: WOULD YOU RATHER WORK IN A COLLECTIVIZED SLAUGHTERHOUSE!?

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016

Typo posted:

only if I'm sowing the seeds of revolution and reaping the blood of the bourgeoisie

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

owns

https://twitter.com/WilliamYang120/status/1037130002729332736

sincx
Jul 13, 2012

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You should ask this question to farm laborers.

I have actually asked this question to older chinese farmers

they told me back under collectivization their village was "same as africa"

now they are proud of the fact 20% of the household in their village own an automobile, their village has transformed into a prosperous little town since decollectivization at the beginning of the 1980s

they also have a lot of faith in General Secretary Xi's promises to correct inequality and corruption

I know this is tankie internet forum with 20 ppl posting about how leftist they are but let's face it: you posters would never, ever voluntarily work as part of a people's agricultural production brigade for any longer than is necessary to virtual signal what good leftists you guys are

Typo
Aug 19, 2009

The Fighting Slowpokes

:china:

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Typo posted:

now they are proud of the fact 20% of the household in their village own an automobile, their village has transformed into a prosperous little town since decollectivization at the beginning of the 1980s

they also have a lot of faith in General Secretary Xi's promises to correct inequality and corruption

I know this is tankie internet forum with 20 ppl posting about how leftist they are but let's face it: you posters would never, ever voluntarily work as part of a people's agricultural production brigade for any longer than is necessary to virtual signal what good leftists you guys are

I would

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Add that post to the list of things typo has asked normal people about

crazy cloud
Nov 7, 2012

by Cyrano4747
Lipstick Apathy

Yeowch!!! My Balls!!!
May 31, 2006

Typo posted:

what did they have to say about the college left, ms. zito

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Typical Goon
Feb 25, 2011

Typo posted:

shitthatdidn’thappen.txt