Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Poque posted:

Was this a new draft or did you keep anybody coming in? Because Gurley, DJ, and Hopkins are mean enough even without McCaffrey in PPR

They guys with a block K next to their names are keepers.

I think they were uh...rounds 2, 4, 5, and 11 if you start at Hopkins and go down

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Poque posted:

Was this a new draft or did you keep anybody coming in? Because Gurley, DJ, and Hopkins are mean enough even without McCaffrey in PPR

The keepers are listed with a K next to each one.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Never done keepers but I still should've picked up on that. At least keepers would make the loss of DJ last season somewhat manageable.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Had my last draft, very mixed feelings. 8 teams, non-PPR, 2QB / 2RB / 3WR / Flex / DST / K

QB: Russel Wilson
QB: Matt Stafford
RB: Leonard Fournette
RB: Christian McCaffrey
WR: DeAndre Hopkins
WR: Keenan Allen
WR: Jarvis Landry
Flex: Rex Burkhead
TE: Delanie Walker
DST: Rams
K: Tucker

Bench: Marquis Goodwin, Robby Anderson, Cooper Kupp, John Brown, Blake Bortles, James Conner

There were a couple players I was targeting that I barely missed out on which was annoying. I like my starting RBs, but I'm concerned about my depth there. James Conner is purely a speculation pick for Week 1 and will likely be replaced with Peyton Barber. WRs I'm happy with for sure. Yahoo thinks I'm going to end up 4-10 and 7th/8

Any immediate thoughts on how I could improve things?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
Hey everyone, I have 3 spots in a free redraft league.
Roster/Positions are:
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Q/W/R/T, D, DB, DL, LB, 8 Bench
and scoring settings are:

Again it's a free league, but if you wanna try out something with weird scoring settings pm me and i'll shoot you an invite.

E: 10 team, on Yahoo, draft tonight at 815 central time

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 16:48 on Sep 5, 2018

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

Gobias Ind. posted:

Drafting 3rd in the my PPR work league in 2 hours. Expected and was happy to get DJ, but what do I do if he goes 2nd? Do I take Le'Veon at 3? I just want DJ now...
If I had to guess I'd say Bell misses week 1 and comes back, but if you're risk averse I'd maybe consider (after Gurley/Johnson) taking Kamara... The downside of Bell holding out to week 10 or something would be pretty catastrophic even if it's not super likely.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013
Bell will never recover the money he throws away by holding out past Week 1. He won't hold out long. It sucks for him, but the RB position in football sucks.

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
If that's full PPR, I'd honestly consider Brown there.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Ben Nevis posted:

If that's full PPR, I'd honestly consider Brown there.

Assuming you are responding to Gobias I agree, especially with the Bell situation.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
It is full PPR. It feels wrong to not take one of the bellcows at 3, but I can certainly see the argument for AB.

Suave Fedora
Jun 10, 2004
ABrown at the third in 1ppr I’d be completely OK with.

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.
https://twitter.com/heathcummingssr/status/1037362927811092482
Brown in PPR is a beast.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007

MacheteZombie posted:

Hey everyone, I have 3 spots in a free redraft league.
Roster/Positions are:
QB, WR, WR, RB, RB, TE, Q/W/R/T, D, DB, DL, LB, 8 Bench
and scoring settings are:

Again it's a free league, but if you wanna try out something with weird scoring settings pm me and i'll shoot you an invite.

E: 10 team, on Yahoo, draft tonight at 815 central time

2 spots left now

Skull Knight
Aug 2, 2013

Sexy bad choices
Lipstick Apathy

pubic works project posted:

Really like your WRs. RB depth is a bit lacking of Michel, RoJo, and CJA don't step up.

I'm hoping Kittle comes through because I have him in a goon dynasty league.

Thanks... yea the others went pretty heavy on RBs... the current WW situation doesn't look good? Not sure who I should try to grab / replace...

the_american_dream
Apr 12, 2008

GAHDAMN
Boston Scott waived

Aggro
Apr 24, 2003

STRONG as an OX and TWICE as SMART
Yo can you smart goons make a decision for me

10 team league, 2RB, 2WR, 1 Flex

My WRs: Hopkins, Cooper, Baldwin, Kupp, Shepard
My RBs: Hunt, Mixon, Miller, Coleman, Latavius Murray

His WRs: Julio Jones, Beckham, Hilton, Fitzgerald, Tate, Smith-Schuster
His RBs: Jamal Williams, Ingram, Burkhead, Chris Thompson, James Conner

I think I could part with Lamar Miller and add to my depth at WR. Is Fitzgerald still a viable flex in his fifteenth season?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

See if he will give you TY for Miller.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Aggro posted:

I think I could part with Lamar Miller and add to my depth at WR. Is Fitzgerald still a viable flex in his fifteenth season?

I don't see why you need to make that move. Your RB depth after Hunt and Mixon isn't great.

Edit: Yeah I would aim higher if you're hellbent on moving Miller.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Aggro posted:

Your existing RB pool is much shallower than your WR pool imo.
Also your team name better be some variation of Amari Cooper Kupp, like Hangin' With Misters Cooper

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Two Coopers, One Kupp

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Can someone please tell me what benefit I have by picking up James Conner as a Bell owner? I've seriously never understood the logic of a handcuff.

Like...I drafted other running backs for a reason. Why should I pick up James Conner and assume that he'll be better than flexing Marquis Goodwin or something?

I don't get it. It's not like Pittsburgh has this brilliant offensive line, Bell is the talent.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

You will rue the day you spoke ill of JAMES CONNER

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!
This Leveon news has my mind racing. I have the #8 pick in a draft tonight. Will Bell fall that far? What round should Conner go in? I have no idea.

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

kiimo posted:

Can someone please tell me what benefit I have by picking up James Conner as a Bell owner? I've seriously never understood the logic of a handcuff.

Like...I drafted other running backs for a reason. Why should I pick up James Conner and assume that he'll be better than flexing Marquis Goodwin or something?

I don't get it. It's not like Pittsburgh has this brilliant offensive line, Bell is the talent.

Because if Bell is not there, he is the unquestioned starter in a good offense?

Strange question.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

kiimo posted:

(1) PFF disagrees with you on the line; they have them ranked as the #4 pass blocking line. PFF, grain of salt, etc, but they are at worst in the top-third.

(2) When Lev missed time before, his backup (DeAngelo Williams) wasn't anything special anymore and he got thirteen trillion touches a game.

(3) James Conner............. he good.

(4) Steelers offense will provide plenty of TD opportunity

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

kiimo posted:

The idea is that the offense is used to leaning on Bell, so if he's out, a lot of the planned plays will still lean on a RB, and Conner is there and good. So he'll get the volume.

It doesn't always work out that way, though. And if you have someone better, go with them.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

coronaball posted:

This Leveon news has my mind racing. I have the #8 pick in a draft tonight. Will Bell fall that far? What round should Conner go in? I have no idea.

lol he fell that far in our new goon dynasty league and I fell on the grenade.

I'm pulling a Hinkie and tanking this year though.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

coronaball posted:

Because if Bell is not there, he is the unquestioned starter in a good offense?

Strange question.

It's not strange. I have other unquestioned starting running backs in good offenses that I drafted as backups that have actually done something. It's one thing to take a flier on a guy who is going to be a starter, but I feel like James Conner's reputation is inflated because of Bell. Conner may be good but people out here acting like he'll be better than other RBs just because Bell was. I'm just saying that it's riskier than playing one of my other running backs.

edit:

thrawn527 posted:

The idea is that the offense is used to leaning on Bell, so if he's out, a lot of the planned plays will still lean on a RB, and Conner is there and good. So he'll get the volume.

It doesn't always work out that way, though. And if you have someone better, go with them.

This makes more sense. I guess I feel like the frenzy starts and then Conner gets the start on a lot of fantasy teams over good backs.

I have Bell, Jordan Howard and Kareem Hunt. I'll start those two guys and some receivers over rolling the dice on Conner.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 18:54 on Sep 5, 2018

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
I went with Kamara at 3. Perhaps I should have gone with AB but I feel okay about it.

Bell fell to 7.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Gobias Ind. posted:

I went with Kamara at 3. Perhaps I should have gone with AB but I feel okay about it.

Person in my league at 3 did the same thing, letting me get AB at 4. So I was pretty happy about that.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

pubic works project posted:

lol he fell that far in our new goon dynasty league and I fell on the grenade.

I'm pulling a Hinkie and tanking this year though.

Seems like everyone except that Old Guy Team is trying to tank this year lol

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Fantasy pros said I had the fourth best team which might honestly be the worst possible outcome for a new dynasty team

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

https://twitter.com/alex_kozora/status/1037373661697720321?s=21

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Yeah I like some aspects of my team, but I don't think I'll be doing anything this year. Especially given that above tweet lmao.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

kiimo posted:

It's not strange. I have other unquestioned starting running backs in good offenses that I drafted as backups that have actually done something. It's one thing to take a flier on a guy who is going to be a starter, but I feel like James Conner's reputation is inflated because of Bell. Conner may be good but people out here acting like he'll be better than other RBs just because Bell was. I'm just saying that it's riskier than playing one of my other running backs.

edit:

This makes more sense. I guess I feel like the frenzy starts and then Conner gets the start on a lot of fantasy teams over good backs.

I have Bell, Jordan Howard and Kareem Hunt. I'll start those two guys and some receivers over rolling the dice on Conner.

Yeah, people get a little too worked up over handcuffs becoming relevant, maybe because for really desperate owners it can be a lifesaver, and people don’t realize they’re not so desperate.

Conner was, I thought, widely regarded as being over drafted by the Steelers, and obviously doesn’t have the kind of career history Deangelo Williams had (and though old, was just a year removed from a 1200 yard from scrimmage, 4.2 ypc year). It would make more sense to be hyped if Bell had a long term injury, but he didn’t, he might still even play this week, no?

Edit: ^^^^ lol or maybe he’ll be out awhile? Or agent posturing?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Poque posted:

Your existing RB pool is much shallower than your WR pool imo.
Also your team name better be some variation of Amari Cooper Kupp, like Hangin' With Misters Cooper

Droppin' with Misters Cooper

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011
Yeah, at this point, I really see Conner as a guy for people who went all in on Bell in an auction or maybe drafted Bell, then a bunch of receivers, TE, or QB before grabbing some midround RBs to fill out the roster. He probably slots in above the Tevin Coleman tier of guys, or if you're really not trusting the usage of Lewis or Burkhead or something, but if you grabbed 3 RBs in the top handful of rounds (or a more balanced auction team) Conner's probably not starting for you. He might be a bye/injury fill if it's long term, but who knows if long term is even relevant now.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

sourdough posted:

Edit: ^^^^ lol or maybe he’ll be out awhile? Or agent posturing?

The agent is basically negotiating using the press. Pittsburgh needs to take seriously the concept that if they don't pay Bell, he may not play for them, at all. That's the impression he wants to make, anyway.

Pittsburgh, on the other hand, may see that for what it is, and at least wait a week or two to see both how Connor does, and whether Bell will give up and accept his franchise tag year.

For my own part, I have Bell in dynasty at a pretty high price ($62 this year, going to $68 next year, under a $250 salary cap) and really needed to get his production from this year. Especially because I'm otherwise pretty shallow at RB. Ugh. I support him completely but god, my fantasy year is looking maybe ruined and it's not even week 1 yet.

and of course Conner is already owned

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Negotiating WHAT though

edit: meaning the contract thing is already over. If Bell is planning on sitting out the season, that's new information. The whole thing fell through. I thought it was over. He'd play one more year and then bounce.

kiimo fucked around with this message at 19:18 on Sep 5, 2018

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.
Who should I drop for a kicker? 2QB keeper league, 6 PATD, 0.5 PPR

code:

QB1: Tom Brady
QB2: Deshaun Watson
RB1: Alex Collins
RB2: Jay Ajayi
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Larry Fitzgerald
DST: Ravens

Bench: Josh Rosen
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Isaiah Crowell
Bench: James Conner
Bench: Kelvin Benjamin
Bench: Jamison Crowder

Seems like Rosen should be the guy, but I drafted him in the second to last round and am kind of banking on him being a good keeper for next year, so I'd like to see how he looks before I make the drop. I'm pretty strong at WR so maybe Benjamin gets the drop. He's the unquestioned WR1 but I guess it doesn't mean much when Nate Peterson is the one doing the throwing.

E: I could also try to package Conner + 1 in a 2 for 1 trade to the Bell owner, but his team is kind of rear end.

Mikey Purp fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 5, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

kiimo posted:

Negotiating WHAT though

edit: meaning the contract thing is already over. If Bell is planning on sitting out the season, that's new information. The whole thing fell through. I thought it was over. He'd play one more year and then bounce.

There is always the possibility of negotiating a new contract, right? The team could come to Bell today with a big four-year deal. The franchise tag is a bullshit deal for players generally, and especially given the high risk of injury for a bellcow RB who a team knows they may lose after this year, so why do anything with game planning to preserve him. Why should Bell play under those conditions?