Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Mikey Purp posted:

Who should I drop for a kicker? 2QB keeper league, 6 PATD, 0.5 PPR

Crowell would be my drop.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiptoes
Apr 30, 2006

You are my underwater, underwater friends!
It's going to be pretty great when the Browns start their new season with a win over the Steelers at home.

Fire up your Chris Boswells!

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Mikey Purp posted:

code:
QB1: Tom Brady
QB2: Deshaun Watson
RB1: Alex Collins
RB2: Jay Ajayi
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Larry Fitzgerald
DST: Ravens

Bench: Josh Rosen
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Isaiah Crowell
Bench: James Conner
Bench: Kelvin Benjamin
Bench: Jamison Crowder
Seems like Rosen should be the guy, but I drafted him in the second to last round and am kind of banking on him being a good keeper for next year, so I'd like to see how he looks before I make the drop. I'm pretty strong at WR so maybe Benjamin gets the drop. He's the unquestioned WR1 but I guess it doesn't mean much when Nate Peterson is the one doing the throwing.

E: I could also try to package Conner + 1 in a 2 for 1 trade to the Bell owner, but his team is kind of rear end.

Rosen is the easy choice. I'd wait until the last possible moment with the hope that Bell signs and then you can drop Conner. If not, drop whichever of Benjamin/Crowder you like the least(Don't be silly, drop Rosen).

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Mikey Purp posted:

code:

QB1: Tom Brady
QB2: Deshaun Watson
RB1: Alex Collins
RB2: Jay Ajayi
WR1: DeAndre Hopkins
WR2: T.Y. Hilton
TE: Delanie Walker
Flex: Larry Fitzgerald
DST: Ravens

Bench: Josh Rosen
Bench: Mark Ingram
Bench: Isaiah Crowell
Bench: James Conner
Bench: Kelvin Benjamin
Bench: Jamison Crowder

Seems like Rosen should be the guy, but I drafted him in the second to last round and am kind of banking on him being a good keeper for next year, so I'd like to see how he looks before I make the drop. I'm pretty strong at WR so maybe Benjamin gets the drop. He's the unquestioned WR1 but I guess it doesn't mean much when Nate Peterson is the one doing the throwing.

E: I could also try to package Conner + 1 in a 2 for 1 trade to the Bell owner, but his team is kind of rear end.

How many teams? What's the wire look like for QBs? I'd hesitate dropping Rosen if it's a 12 teamer. Rather dump Kelvin, or wait and see if news about Bell comes out to make trading/dropping Conner easier.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

Someone help. please.

draft is tonight for this silly league. I have no idea what to do.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I had the choice of Bell, Kamara or Saquon Barkley.

I thought it was a no-brainer.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Someone help. please.

draft is tonight for this silly league. I have no idea what to do.

How many teams? 2 QB bumps their value a ton, of course, but it looks like that 50 yards per point and completion/pass attempt change actually decreases their scoring a bit, and doesn't shuffle rankings too much (bumps Brees a few spots higher going by last year's scores, for example). The IDP settings will favor tackle machines. You should still wait on IDP for awhile, don't target high end LBs or something unless they're really dropping late. Check ourlads depth charts to find projected MLB/ILBs, SSs, and 4-3 DEs and scoop em up.

sourdough fucked around with this message at 20:02 on Sep 5, 2018

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

sourdough posted:

How many teams? 2 QB bumps their value a ton, of course, but it looks like that 50 yards per point and completion/pass attempt change actually decreases their scoring a bit, and doesn't shuffle rankings too much (bumps Brees a few spots higher going by last year's scores, for example). The IDP settings will favor tackle machines. You should still wait on IDP for awhile, don't target high end LBs or something unless they're really dropping late. Check ourlads depth charts to find projected MLB/ILBs, SSs, and 4-3 DEs and scoop em up.

As of right now 10, but I think we're trying to get to 12 teams.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Are people really thinking Kamara has 1.03 value in PPR? I got him at 1.09 and was still somewhat hesitant he'd come close to repeating last season, which is kind of where he is priced.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

ShaneB posted:

Are people really thinking Kamara has 1.03 value in PPR? I got him at 1.09 and was still somewhat hesitant he'd come close to repeating last season, which is kind of where he is priced.

I can't tell if this is aimed at my comment but if so my draft had 14 keepers removed.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Leperflesh posted:

There is always the possibility of negotiating a new contract, right? The team could come to Bell today with a big four-year deal. The franchise tag is a bullshit deal for players generally, and especially given the high risk of injury for a bellcow RB who a team knows they may lose after this year, so why do anything with game planning to preserve him. Why should Bell play under those conditions?

The deadline to do this is passed. He plays under the franchise tag for the Steelers, for another team, or not at all.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

kiimo posted:

I had the choice of Bell, Kamara or Saquon Barkley.

I thought it was a no-brainer.

I took him as the 2nd pick, only because Gurley went first. Also thought it was a no-brainer

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Kloaked00 posted:

I took him as the 2nd pick, only because Gurley went first. Also thought it was a no-brainer

In a full redraft?

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

I think Bell plays week 1. Maybe week 2 at the latest. I don't think there's reason to freak out, although I'd probably feel differently if I owned him.

Mikey Purp
Sep 30, 2008

I realized it's gotten out of control. I realize I'm out of control.

sourdough posted:

How many teams? What's the wire look like for QBs? I'd hesitate dropping Rosen if it's a 12 teamer. Rather dump Kelvin, or wait and see if news about Bell comes out to make trading/dropping Conner easier.

12 teams, the waiver wire is expectedly barren of QBs (Foles, Fitzpatrick and Nate Peterman being the only starting ones with Lamar Jackson, Baker Mayfield and Josh Allen being the only others worth a shot).

Yeah I guess I'll wait a bit to see if there's any clarity with the Bell situation and if not I'll drop Kelvin.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
First round of Scott Fish Bowl waiver claims just went through. I dumped all my FAAB and grabbed Adrian Peterson, then dropped Kevin White to pick up Samaje Perine. Feels good.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc
For posterity, here's my roster from that 12 team PPR league I drafted today:

QB: Ben (Wentz stashed on IR)
WR: Juju, Cooks, Watkins, Lockett (return yards league), Edelman
RB: Kamara, D. Freeman, R. Freeman, Cohen, Booker
TE: Olsen
D/ST: Ravens

Pretty happy with that roster. Thoughts? Yahoo projections are useless, but with the return yard points Lockett is actually my highest projected receiver for the season...snapped him up in the 10th.

Fast Luck
Feb 2, 1988

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1037428851335413765
https://twitter.com/JFowlerESPN/status/1037421642241245189
:eyepop:

Fast Luck fucked around with this message at 22:38 on Sep 5, 2018

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

Gobias Ind. posted:

Pretty happy with that roster. Thoughts? Yahoo projections are useless, but with the return yard points Lockett is actually my highest projected receiver for the season...snapped him up in the 10th.

I really like that roster. Good depth across the board. What do you start? 3 WRs? Or 2 and a flex?

Oooooo boy....! We gettin' spicy here!!!

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I did not expect to be scrambling to replace Bell and offering Calvin Ridley and Rashaad Penny for Adrian Peterson and getting rejected.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

pubic works project posted:

I really like that roster. Good depth across the board. What do you start? 3 WRs? Or 2 and a flex?

2 WR and a flex, so I'm feeling good about my depth across the board and weekly options.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Spoeank posted:

The deadline to do this is passed. He plays under the franchise tag for the Steelers, for another team, or not at all.

Oh. That's weird. OK. Well then... yeah, Bell is not obligated to play (or get paid, of course), and if he wants to protest the franchise tag system that's his right, and I support him. But he's messing up my fantasy season so I selfishly hope he stops.

mega dy
Dec 6, 2003

Ugh this is killing me.

I've had a tab open for 'Drop Mike Williams for James Conner' for like 2 hours.

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

ShaneB posted:

In a full redraft?

Yeah, full redraft. Was 50/50 between Bell and DJ

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

alright this is important info that you left out when you were talking about scoring...how many return yards per point?

coronaball
Feb 6, 2005

You're finished, pork-o-nazi!

dy. posted:

Ugh this is killing me.

I've had a tab open for 'Drop Mike Williams for James Conner' for like 2 hours.

This is not that complicated. He is a starting running back for somewhere between 1-10 weeks. That is worth much more than the worst player on your bench.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

coronaball posted:

This is not that complicated. He is a starting running back for somewhere between 1-10 weeks. That is worth much more than the worst player on your bench.

Yea it's a no-brainer. The chances of Williams ever hitting your starting lineup are astronomical.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!
Might trade Bell for a 2019 2nd rounder...my team is gimped anyway because of bad decisions from last year. Tank for the future!

e: we can't keep first rounders in this league

3 DONG HORSE fucked around with this message at 22:02 on Sep 5, 2018

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
Okay, joined a standard 10-person Yahoo league, used Beersheets, avoided the Steelers mess alltogether and came up with this team, a move I'm pretty happy with:

Defense: Jacksonville

I've never played 10-team before, and there were some players left undrafted that I would normally have swung for. Tell me this is solid so I don't go waiver-crazy.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Am I the only one who was already exhausted by Alfred Morris to worry about James Conner?

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

coronaball posted:

Yeah, while I'm not convinced he's worth putting in the lineup week 1, you should be picking him up for sure.

Refused
Sep 6, 2005
Any thoughts on who to drop for Conner in a 1 PPR league?

Chris Thompson
Jamaal Williams
Carlos Hyde
Duke Johnson

They all seem pretty equal to me, no clue what direction to go in here

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

Refused posted:

Any thoughts on who to drop for Conner in a 1 PPR league?

Chris Thompson
Jamaal Williams
Carlos Hyde
Duke Johnson

They all seem pretty equal to me, no clue what direction to go in here

I would drop Thompson. One of the Browns RBs could become a real fantasy boy, and Jamaal Williams is the starter, at least until Jones gets off suspension. Heck, if Jamaal does well enough he could steal that job.

pubic works project
Jan 28, 2005

No Decepticon in history, and I say this with great surety, has been treated worse or more unfairly.

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Might trade Bell for a 2019 2nd rounder...my team is gimped anyway because of bad decisions from last year. Tank for the future!

e: we can't keep first rounders in this league

I had to do a double take because we're in a dynasty league but I thought I was the Bell owner. I am.

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008
Probation
Can't post for 46 minutes!

pubic works project posted:

I had to do a double take because we're in a dynasty league but I thought I was the Bell owner. I am.

Hahaha, whoops. It's for a non-dynasty but lots of keepers league

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

rank these RBs. .5 ppr.

James Conner, Matt Breida, Duke Johnson, Alfred Morris

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Feeling pretty good about taking DJ over Bell @ #2 overall in PPR this past weekend, as per discussions here on Saturday/Sunday.

Also loving my $1 Conner in Game of Roto, where I can keep him for $6 next year.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

89 posted:

Am I the only one who was already exhausted by Alfred Morris to worry about James Conner?

Nope.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
Adrian Peterson is the starting running back for the Washington Redskins.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElectricRelaxation
Aug 21, 2007

89 posted:

Yeah, I already dropped my end of the bench guys for Morris, so now I'm looking at Conner and have to decide if I drop someone like Peyton Barber or Nelson Agholor or even just drop Morris.

On an different note, what are all your strategies for auction drafts? I've done a couple in the past few days after never really doing them before, and found myself almost accidentally going studs and duds both times: I spent maybe 90% of my budget on my starting RBs and WRs and filled the rest of the slots with cheap options. Do y'all usually find more success with that strategy, with a more balanced team, or something completely different? Thanks!