Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

it just needs to be posted on a megayacht to be perfect

did you notice someone changed our avs to a gif?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

enotnert
Jun 10, 2005

Only women bleed

mrmcd posted:

This is the most Oracle thing ever made.

I just got back from DC yesterday, and I was surprised by all the oracle cloud blockchain adverts. . .

Then I was like "who the hell riding the metro that got oracle money?"

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

im super glad oracle lost interest in my company before they went full idiot on blockchains or we'd probably have been dragged into that whirlpool with them

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

enotnert posted:

I just got back from DC yesterday, and I was surprised by all the oracle cloud blockchain adverts. . .

Then I was like "who the hell riding the metro that got oracle money?"

there have been ads on Metro for multi-billion-dollar jet turbines and missile defense systems.

congressional members, their staff, and various high ranking folks in government agencies/contractors ride Metro.

BangersInMyKnickers
Nov 3, 2004

I have a thing for courageous dongles

ate all the Oreos posted:

im super glad oracle lost interest in my company before they went full idiot on blockchains or we'd probably have been dragged into that whirlpool with them

its more of a toilet bowl

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shifty Pony posted:

there have been ads on Metro for multi-billion-dollar jet turbines and missile defense systems.

congressional members, their staff, and various high ranking folks in government agencies/contractors ride Metro.

yeah ads in big transit centers near certain industrial or political bases are always super weird, i remember rochester international airport had a ton of ads for like, drug manufacturing because rochester has a pharma industry. not the drugs they make or the companies that make the drugs, specifically tools and facilities for making the drugs.

vortmax
Sep 24, 2008

In meteorology, vorticity often refers to a measurement of the spin of horizontally flowing air about a vertical axis.

AlbieQuirky posted:

so my question is is "bingo!" graffiti or is it "subversive" marketing and part of the banner

ok soda broke me and now i never know when dumb "subversive" marketing will appear

everything is going to be OK

(i really loved that soda)

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mr. Nice! posted:

did you notice someone changed our avs to a gif?

yeah it owns, just long enough of a timer to throw you off too

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

hobbesmaster posted:

yeah it owns, just long enough of a timer to throw you off too

likewise i'm a fan

Beelzebufo
Mar 5, 2015

Frog puns are toadally awesome

yeah ads in big transit centers near certain industrial or political bases are always super weird, i remember rochester international airport had a ton of ads for like, drug manufacturing because rochester has a pharma industry. not the drugs they make or the companies that make the drugs, specifically tools and facilities for making the drugs.

It's a good way of measuring whether the transit system you're on is one that acts as a money saver for the professional class or if it's a lovely system for the poors in a car centric city.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost

goddamn weird "ai machine learning" ads on the drive from south bay to sf

prisoner of waffles
May 8, 2007

Ah! well a-day! what evil looks
Had I from old and young!
Instead of the cross, the fishmech
About my neck was hung.

Sedge and Bee posted:

It's a good way of measuring whether the transit system you're on is one that acts as a money saver for the professional class or if it's a lovely system for the poors in a car centric city.

DC area traffic is terrible poo poo; I think of the metro as more of a time-saver than a money saver

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Don't ask me about Sonic the Hedgehog diaper fetish
goddamn weird al machine learning ads

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Boxturret posted:

goddamn weird al machine learning ads

im glad i'm not the only one that read it that way

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

prisoner of waffles posted:

DC area traffic is terrible poo poo; I think of the metro as more of a time-saver than a money saver
it's a money saver for me. if i drive to work, it takes 30 minutes, but cost $12/day (small discount if i pay for monthly parking, but not really much since i'm only in the office 3 days a week) to park. if i take metro, it takes 45-60 minutes, but it's free.

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Shifty Pony posted:

yeah

https://twitter.com/JacobTorrey/status/1036364754997202947

this dude is in control of an eight or nine figure research budget

https://www.darpa.mil/staff/mr-jacob-torrey

divabot
Jun 17, 2015

A polite little mouse!
dude

*takes MAHOOSIVE lungful*

what if we

put *ethernet itself* right

on like

a b l o c k c h a i n

with like

s m a r t c o n t r a c t s

duuude

*chokes on bong water*

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

I tried to turn my lights on when i got home but my internet was out so i just sat and ate cold canned ham in the dark :(

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Powershift posted:

I tried to turn my lights on when i got home but my internet was out so i just sat and ate cold canned ham in the dark :(

How did you get your can-opener working without internet?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Paladinus posted:

it was ancient ham that still had the pulltab, ham from the before times, when you were still allowed to do things with your own two hands and weren't forced to pay barely functional pieces of junk to do everything for you

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Paladinus posted:

I hacked my juicero to press into a glass.

I call it pressed ham.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

pork(?)

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Boxturret posted:

it was ancient ham that still had the pulltab, ham from the before times, when you were still allowed to do things with your own two hands and weren't forced to pay barely functional pieces of junk to do everything for you

A can of ham... without DRM?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

PORK!

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Shamefully, there is not yet a coin listed on coinmarketcap.com with the identifier of PORK

1916 coins, and no PORK

e: holy poo poo, Tether is up to 8th place in market cap

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

Shamefully, there is not yet a coin listed on coinmarketcap.com with the identifier of PORK

1916 coins, and no PORK

e: holy poo poo, Tether is up to 8th place in market cap

there is a piggycoin

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

there is a piggycoin

not porky enough

Grace Baiting
Jul 20, 2012

Audi famam illius;
Cucurrit quaeque
Tetigit destruens.

sounds like someone violated the CAN-HAM Act of 2003, expect some murderdrones presently

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Grace Baiting posted:

sounds like someone violated the CAN-HAM Act of 2003, expect some murderdrones presently

I already violated the Juicero EULA, i'm already dead.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Powershift posted:

I already violated the Juicero EULA, i'm already dead.

little did you know it was you inside the can of ham all along

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

Boxturret posted:

little did you know it was you inside the can of ham all along

Well, i'm loving delicious.

...!
Oct 5, 2003

I SHOULD KEEP MY DUMB MOUTH SHUT INSTEAD OF SPEWING HORSESHIT ABOUT THE ORBITAL MECHANICS OF THE JAMES WEBB SPACE TELESCOPE.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT A LAGRANGE POINT IS?

quote:

What is Life? A Bitcoiner's Perspective (self.Bitcoin)
submitted 5 hours ago by ashik4chess

Life is an imitation of Bitcoin blockchain.

Everyday in your life is like a block in that distributed ledger. The tasks you do, the places you travel, the books you read, the fun or pain you have are like the transactions happening in a block (approximately every 10 minutes). The morals and values of the society, country or religion that you associate with are like the proof of work consensus algorithm honored by nodes participating in the bitcoin network. Once something happens in your life, the day you lived already can never be reverted back just like the transactions in the blocks that are immutable. Just like some faces of your life are visible to everyone as your public wallet address, there are some parts in you that no one can know except yourself similar to the secured cryptographic private key for your wallet.

Just like we have many types of people walking on earth - good or bad; male or female; white, brown or black; rich or poor - there are many participants in bitcoin's network - developers, node owners, community members, traders, exchange owners.

Life is an imitation of Bitcoin.

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

:wrong:

mrmcd
Feb 22, 2003

Pictured: The only good cop (a fictional one).

Why do people write these things?

Powershift
Nov 23, 2009

mrmcd posted:

Why do people write these things?

Brain worms

dpkg chopra
Jun 9, 2007

Fast Food Fight

Grimey Drawer
100 fiat dollar drop in the past like 24 hours or something after rallying all the way past 7100.

500 of those in the past hour.

how the gently caress do these people live on this constant roller coaster of poo poo?

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Ur Getting Fatter posted:

100 fiat dollar drop in the past like 24 hours or something after rallying all the way past 7100.

500 of those in the past hour.

how the gently caress do these people live on this constant roller coaster of poo poo?

they think that the sudden unexplained jumps cancel out or excuse the sudden unexplained drops, like that somehow it going up and down by hundreds of dollars constantly is fine as long as on some timescale it is still "up"

Boxturret
Oct 3, 2013

Magrov
Mar 27, 2010

I'm completely lost and have no idea what's going on. I'll be at my bunker.

If you need any diplomatic or mineral stuff just call me. If you plan to nuke India please give me a 5 minute warning to close the windows!

Also Iapetus sucks!

quote:

TOP 8 ICOS TO WATCH IN Q3 / Q4 (AUTUMN / WINTER 2018)

Skynet
In the ideal world of IoT, devices seamlessly interact with each other securely, at speed, without need for human interaction. The vision is for billions of devices to connect autonomously, exchanging data and aiding our daily lives by reducing our day to day exertions. By converging blockchain with the Internet of Things there is an increase of trust between devices, costs are reduced by eliminating intermediaries and the exchange of data is instantaneous and incredibly secure.

Skynet will target to replace every IoT device with their own blockchain enabled chip known as Skynet Core. The mission is to unite millions of devices together through a blockchain network that can cope with the enormous numbers of autonomous interactions expected as devices become increasingly interconnected.

Blockcloud
Blockcloud is another project looking at shaking up the IoT (Internet of Things). Their target is to become a scalable solution for the growing IoT industry, introducing an incentivised system that rewards participants, service providers and miners.

Blockcloud will be using a Service-Centric Networking solution (SCN), a web 3.0 idea that is built around uses service names, instead of using addresses. Combined with their blockchain protocol it will bring network providers to devices in a secure and trusted way. Billions of devices will no longer suffer from connectivity issues, interacting autonomously without slowdown. Crucially, as the demand in the industry grows and more devices become interconnected, the network will be able to scale effectively.

Uranus
Another project we’re keeping a close eye on is Uranus, a decentralised computing platform that utilises a blockchain network to harness shared processing power of idle computing devices. Originating from China the platform will take advantage of redundant and idle computer power across the world. Uranus will utilise the power of personal devices such as mobile phones, laptops and home computers through a decentralised blockchain network to provide shared computing power that could rival centralised clouds such as Amazon, Microsoft or Alibaba.

ChromaWay
Tipped for success by many cytptocurrency influencers, the Chromapolis ICO by Chromaway has an incredible amount of hype surrounding it, especially considering whitepaper details have been kept secret up until this point. The small team from Sweden is incredibly experienced with blockchain development and have a great track record. With these points in mind, Chromaway is definitely one to keep a close eye on moving into Autumn 2018. - This one could be big.

Metabase
Metabase is a 3rd generation blockchain that recognises problems within existing chains and improves on the technical and design limitations of first generation protocols such as Bitcoin or Ethereum.

Metabase targets to solve scalability issues challenging these existing blockchain platforms by introducing an innovative split chain concept. As transnational loads reach a specific threshold Metabase splits it's blockchain structures into two so that multiple chains are formed. This encourages a more efficient, scalable process than focusing on mining blocks one by one on a linear scale.

OEL Foundation
OEL is a non-profit organisation founded by existing company OpenPort, whose creation is intending to bring numerous stakeholders and supply chain leaders in the industry into an alliance. Together, these key figures will form the basis of a board that will make decisions collectively to improve current flaws in the logistics industry and propel the use of OpenPort’s blockchain-based solution.

Ubex
The next project on the list is Ubex, an AI platform built to improve the relevance and conversion rate of advertising across a multitude of online platforms. Their claim is that the current system, primarily directing this toward Google Ads, does not effectively target its users and provides content ineffectively. – Ubex strives to change this.

Through the use of blockchain and Artificial intelligence the Ubex Ad exchange targets to remove irrelevant content and only send users demographic specific advertisements that are relevant to each customer. They present this in the right format, placed in specific positions to encourage maximum engagement.

Mobu
Coming soon...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I prefer World's Top #7 Deer Sounds

• Locked thread