Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I'd rank Gillibrand higher and Harris lower personally; Harris has kissed more rings but in a timeline where Biden's running too that doesn't matter as much

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
the absolute best part of the jungle primary is there's gonna be like 5 different rich idiots backing their favorite corporate dem so they're all gonna cancel each other out. none of them are gonna all get behind one person. obama coalition, clinton coalition, moderate republicans that hate trumps decorum. i mean they're all the same group, but there's different actors in them.

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
the primary isn't gonna break up into any kind of discernable factions because most people don't pick candidates in primaries via ideology, and donor/political relationships are driven more by personal friendships. it's gonna be a huge mess that will just sort of shake itself out in 8-9 months in what will likely be an unpredictable manner.

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

Concerned Citizen posted:

the primary isn't gonna break up into any kind of discernable factions because most people don't pick candidates in primaries via ideology, and donor/political relationships are driven more by personal friendships. it's gonna be a huge mess that will just sort of shake itself out in 8-9 months in what will likely be an unpredictable manner.

you're not very bright

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.

Spatula City posted:

Biden, Sanders (WHO IS NOT EVEN A DEMOCRAT), Warren, Harris, Gillibrand, Booker, Bullock, Landrieu, Klobuchar, Murphy, Inslee, Kaine, Patrick, Ryan, Castro, Merkley, Garcetti, Hickenlooper, Brown, Avenetti

Eww.

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

the best thing about this prediction is that it is completely impossible to verify one way or the other

like the weatherman saying "50% chance of sun, 50% chance of rain", it's always right

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

loquacius posted:

the best thing about this prediction is that it is completely impossible to verify one way or the other

like the weatherman saying "50% chance of sun, 50% chance of rain", it's always right

I would call that the opposite of a prediction, given I specifically said it is going to shake out in an unpredictable manner.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

I would call that the opposite of a prediction, given I specifically said it is going to shake out in an unpredictable manner.

you specifically said poo poo

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

what is predictable, is BERNOE!!

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!
extremely CC voice:] *adjusts anime glasses* I know how things are going to go, and it's going to be unpredictable. I know things, like that.

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

Wraith of J.O.I. posted:

power rankings

1 bernie
2 harris
3 warren
4 booker
5 biden (thinkin he’s gonna drop like a rock once things heat up, inshallah)
6 gillibrand
7 avenatti
8 - X just lol at the rest

Who would win in a fight Superman Goku or Bernie

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
I, for one, welcome this inside scoop, and I crave further political insights. Best $10 I've ever spent.

Zhulik
Nov 14, 2012

The Montreal Star
Is it too early to say whether a president is going to be elected in 2020?

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

Yes.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

"The primary will be unpredictable" hard hitting analysis from one of C-SPAM's top political minds, folks.

Mia Wasikowska
Oct 7, 2006

there are definitely going to be at least two ideological tracks, maybe more

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

WampaLord posted:

"The primary will be unpredictable" hard hitting analysis from one of C-SPAM's top political minds, folks.

the predictability of unpredictability, because heh, I called it

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
We're not even considering the random celebrities that are going to try a vanity run. If Donald Trump can do it, literally anyone with any sort of fame has a shot.

We're going to need a world cup style tournament bracket.

Nothus fucked around with this message at 22:23 on Sep 5, 2018

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

with a POLITICAL SCIENCE DEGREE

seriously though I had to stop reading that at this part:

quote:

I have no insight into his views on Roe v. Wade—something extremely important to me as a liberal, female Democrat and mother of a teenage girl. But whatever he decides on Roe, I know it will be because he believes the Constitution requires that result.

and in the end that's what really matters :shepicide:

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme
very happy to see the thread agrees with me now.

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

I’m glad Kanye sunk his chances at least, cuz he absolutely could have won

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

very happy to see the thread agrees with me now.

blow it out yer rear end

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

the primary isn't gonna break up into any kind of discernable factions because most people don't pick candidates in primaries via ideology,

Counterpoint:

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

loquacius posted:

what if its just super foggy

owned!!!!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

ThndrShk2k posted:

Counterpoint:

sanders got 60% of the vote in nh in 2016, he will be very lucky to get over 30% in a far more fragmented field. plenty of candidates will pull support from him, and not necessarily people who are also gunning for the left.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

ThndrShk2k posted:

Counterpoint:

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
Anyone talking about Lodestar conspiracy bs around here?

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
the what now

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

meanwhile in inspiring centrist leadership land

https://twitter.com/ColeStangler/status/1036902646693748736

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

sanders got 60% of the vote in nh in 2016, he will be very lucky to get over 30% in a far more fragmented field. plenty of candidates will pull support from him, and not necessarily people who are also gunning for the left.
So you're saying with an increase of 3-4 times to the amount of candidates (more so of an increase if you consider viable candidates) his ratio of votes would only drop by half at most?

Basically he'll still win by plurality then

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the what now

Mike Pence, trump thread's allover it

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

etalian posted:

meanwhile in inspiring centrist leadership land

https://twitter.com/ColeStangler/status/1036902646693748736

69 disapproval, nice

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
What matters most for Bernie is he has a national profile and lots of recognition. The average primary vote could probably describe him and his policies to you. You can't say the same for Kamala Harris or Corey Booker.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Lastgirl posted:

Mike Pence, trump thread's allover it

okay i keep asking what lodestar is and people keep saying pence like that fuckin' explains it all

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

Raskolnikov38 posted:

okay i keep asking what lodestar is and people keep saying pence like that fuckin' explains it all

https://twitter.com/danbl00m/status/1037435632774246400

Mike Pence's favorite word, thats it~

whole thread here

Lastgirl fucked around with this message at 22:36 on Sep 5, 2018

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Raskolnikov38 posted:

the what now

Sane moderate Mike Pence writing the NYT op-ed letting the american public know that Adults are working around the clock to ensure Mr. Trump doesn't break anything. So there's really no need to impeach.

gradenko_2000
Oct 5, 2010

HELL SERPENT
Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/daveweigel/status/1037452718510665728

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
https://twitter.com/wkamaubell/status/1037450999307231232

https://twitter.com/JoshhTerry/status/1037437876542300160