Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

These changes :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Oh my god :getin:

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Flying High holy loving poo poo SERIOUSLY

MetricUnit
Jan 2, 2005
a ~5-6 point boostable RNG 14 POW 14 AOE 4 high explosive RFP gun that hands out corpses and ignores most DEF boosting stuff plus other support abilities seems uhh pretty good?

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Zombina says "si hoc legere scis nimium eruditionis habes!"
Yea these changes are pretty redic.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

MetricUnit posted:

a ~5-6 point boostable RNG 14 POW 14 AOE 4 high explosive RFP gun that hands out corpses and ignores most DEF boosting stuff plus other support abilities seems uhh pretty good?

8 point, really, since the best thing to dump into play is almost always a gallows grove.

That said, being able to dump your gallows grove when its needed is worth 10 points in a lot of matchups, the other abilities are just a bonus. You're 15-20" up the board already, and then you can project the grove 8" from there without anything stopping you. 5" bubble from that for entropic force, and then the channeling... it's seriously awesome.

I think the Tharn stuff is way too strong as a whole, though. I can't believe that nothing got nerfed except the ??Storm Raptor Animus??

The Duchess Smackarse fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Sep 5, 2018

S.J.
May 19, 2008

I mean, I think it makes sense to do buffs in week 2 to get a better handle on things before you bring stuff back down. But we'll see. I'm excited to maybe see Satyrs on the table, they're my favorite living beast by far.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

S.J. posted:

I mean, I think it makes sense to do buffs in week 2 to get a better handle on things before you bring stuff back down. But we'll see. I'm excited to maybe see Satyrs on the table, they're my favorite living beast by far.

There's no maybe about it, all the satyrs are really good now. I've had a Shadowhorn in every list I've played in the last week (4 games) and they're excellent

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah given these changes there aren’t really bad heavies anymore. Our lights need some love though.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fool_of_sound posted:

Yeah given these changes there aren’t really bad heavies anymore. Our lights need some love though.

Eh, yes and no. The wold lights are all good, gorax is good, and 1/3 gryphons are good. Puppers have good animi but are a tad pricey. If we could take them as free options in CoTW or even Wild Hunt that would do it without needing to buff them. Free puppers in Wild Hunt would also be really thematic...

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Jimmy Hats posted:

There's no maybe about it, all the satyrs are really good now. I've had a Shadowhorn in every list I've played in the last week (4 games) and they're excellent

Good! Good. Because Satyrs are the GOAT

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

S.J. posted:

Good! Good. Because Satyrs are the GOAT

Goatest of all time?

mp5
Jan 1, 2005

Stroke of luck!

Someone sell me a Judicator/Revelator from the mystery boxes thanks

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

mp5 posted:

Someone sell me a Judicator/Revelator from the mystery boxes thanks

60 bucks + 300 shipping

Maneck
Sep 11, 2011

Jimmy Hats posted:

60 bucks + 300 shipping

Still better than ebay.

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

New cid. Morv1 is ridiculous- never thought I'd see mortality in circle - and I cant believe storm raptor keeps getting better.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Paul Proteus posted:

New cid. Morv1 is ridiculous- never thought I'd see mortality in circle - and I cant believe storm raptor keeps getting better.

Mortality really makes her lean less on Ravagers. It's probably a healthy change.

They FINALLY gave Brennos battle wizard. I officially have changed my mind and like him now.

Oh wow those Storm Raptor changes. It's going to be really good holy crap. Just the assassination vector is going to be insane.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Raptor is fuckin bonkers. I've been playing the week 2 Raptor all week and it was already very strong... I'm pissed that somebody else is actually going to play MY model now!

Paul Proteus
Dec 6, 2007

Jimmy Hats posted:

Raptor is fuckin bonkers. I've been playing the week 2 Raptor all week and it was already very strong... I'm pissed that somebody else is actually going to play MY model now!

Just wait until someone convinces them to give it dual attack. (Totally not going to happen.)

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
I'm absolutely running storm raptor with Kaya 2/3. Especially 2.

rkajdi
Sep 11, 2001

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

fool_of_sound posted:

I'm absolutely running storm raptor with Kaya 2/3. Especially 2.

Can I ask why? The Kayas don't seem to add that much to Storm Raptors. I'd think Kreugar1 in Secret Masters with two raptors and maybe some druid cav or wold guardians would be great as an assassination style list like Nemo3 usually runs.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

rkajdi posted:

Can I ask why? The Kayas don't seem to add that much to Storm Raptors. I'd think Kreugar1 in Secret Masters with two raptors and maybe some druid cav or wold guardians would be great as an assassination style list like Nemo3 usually runs.

It's less about what Kaya offers Raptor, and more that Raptor covers Kaya's weaknesses under Call of the Wild. Raptor provides Kaya with excellent infantry clearing and sniping, an independent assassination vector, and important fury efficiency. Under Kaya2 it draws attention away from the main pack, and under Kaya3 it serves as the big gun in a Synergy chain.

e: Also it gives Kaya2 a really nasty backup assassination. Even if your opponent can stop a Spirit Door assassination AND a Raptor feat turn assassination, they're going to have a real hard time stopping Kaya from getting within 10" and skyfire-ing them for a sustained lightning assassination.

fool of sound fucked around with this message at 17:55 on Sep 11, 2018

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
I finally got my mystery box in the mail! I got Retribution of Scryah, as it seems many did. I'd have preferred something else, but I'm alright with elves. I'd mostly been planning on using whatever I got as maybe part of Iron Kingdoms RPG or something anyway. At least I didn't get Skorne, since I'd have no idea how to work them in to a game I've been running. And I generally prefer the Warmachines factions over the Hordes factions, too.

It includes some Dawnguard Invictors, some light warjacks, the colossal, and the battlegroup box. It's a steal for $60 or whatever, but I kinda wish I had gotten Cygnar, Cryx, or Khador...

I've already glued together the Warcaster from the battlegroup, though. Seems alright. She glued together pretty easily.

waah
Jun 20, 2011

Better stay in line when
You see a Pavel like me shinin

HJE-Cobra posted:

I finally got my mystery box in the mail! I got Retribution of Scryah, as it seems many did. I'd have preferred something else, but I'm alright with elves. I'd mostly been planning on using whatever I got as maybe part of Iron Kingdoms RPG or something anyway. At least I didn't get Skorne, since I'd have no idea how to work them in to a game I've been running. And I generally prefer the Warmachines factions over the Hordes factions, too.

It includes some Dawnguard Invictors, some light warjacks, the colossal, and the battlegroup box. It's a steal for $60 or whatever, but I kinda wish I had gotten Cygnar, Cryx, or Khador...

I've already glued together the Warcaster from the battlegroup, though. Seems alright. She glued together pretty easily.

I happen to have a Cryx box and would have traded lol.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Hah, oh well. I'm overseas right now anyway, sending and receiving boxes takes forever. I'm sure I can figure out something to do with these guys, or convince my wife to play Warmachine or something.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

fool_of_sound posted:

It's less about what Kaya offers Raptor, and more that Raptor covers Kaya's weaknesses under Call of the Wild. Raptor provides Kaya with excellent infantry clearing and sniping, an independent assassination vector, and important fury efficiency. Under Kaya2 it draws attention away from the main pack, and under Kaya3 it serves as the big gun in a Synergy chain.

e: Also it gives Kaya2 a really nasty backup assassination. Even if your opponent can stop a Spirit Door assassination AND a Raptor feat turn assassination, they're going to have a real hard time stopping Kaya from getting within 10" and skyfire-ing them for a sustained lightning assassination.

Not to mention Forced Evolution for +2 Def

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Alright guys, so I haven't played since mid-MK2 and have a friend moving back here that is dragging me back in. Ideally I'd like to do an all or mostly jack or beast list and don't really care about being competitive. What's fun for Khador/Mercs/Circle/Legion along those lines?

Iceclaw
Nov 4, 2009

Fa la lanky down dilly, motherfuckers.
Khador is in a pretty nice place. All of its theme lists are at least viable, if not really varied/fun to play. Winter Guard Kommand can be either dudespam, especially with rocket throwers, or jack spam. Jaws of the Iron Wolf is either jack spam or sneak based. Legion of Steel is the Iron Fang theme. No shooting, hit like a brick, great solos. Armored Korp, recently released is the Manowar theme. It's :krad:. Finally, Wolves of Winter is the Doom Reavers/Greylords theme. It's the most limited of the bunch, currently, but can still work.

Circle is currently undergoing CID, and seems to get a lot of nifty toys.

Legion is... eh, not great. It's not unplayable, but relies a lot on Primal Terrors, the recently released Ogrun theme. Its other themes are rather restrictive.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax

EdsTeioh posted:

Alright guys, so I haven't played since mid-MK2 and have a friend moving back here that is dragging me back in. Ideally I'd like to do an all or mostly jack or beast list and don't really care about being competitive. What's fun for Khador/Mercs/Circle/Legion along those lines?

Of those 4, the flexibility of battlegroup lists is probably something like this, in descending order...

Circle
Legion
Khador
Mercs

Khador is the easiest moneywise (the battlebox contains 2 heavies, so you can buy a bunch of battleboxes to fill your army up fast) followed by circle.

Circle is also undergoing buffs right now to a huge amount of the living warbeasts. The construct warbeasts were all already very strong (they got buffed last year)

Circle also has a deep roster of warlocks who run large battlegroups well, and more importantly can make them do a varoety of things, and it has pretty good resource management tools. Legion does the resource management better but you have narrower warlock choice. Khador youre mostly stuck with 1 of 4 or so dudes and your resource management is pretty awful.

I would never recommended mercs to anyone for any reason.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

Jimmy Hats posted:

Of those 4, the flexibility of battlegroup lists is probably something like this, in descending order...

Circle
Legion
Khador
Mercs

Khador is the easiest moneywise (the battlebox contains 2 heavies, so you can buy a bunch of battleboxes to fill your army up fast) followed by circle.

Circle is also undergoing buffs right now to a huge amount of the living warbeasts. The construct warbeasts were all already very strong (they got buffed last year)

Circle also has a deep roster of warlocks who run large battlegroups well, and more importantly can make them do a varoety of things, and it has pretty good resource management tools. Legion does the resource management better but you have narrower warlock choice. Khador youre mostly stuck with 1 of 4 or so dudes and your resource management is pretty awful.

I would never recommended mercs to anyone for any reason.

Not even Magnus? I always liked him. I generally like casters that play like beefed up solos. Back when, I used to use Vlad, Butcher, Caine, and Asphyxious, but I don't really want to field a bunch of infantry (mainly for painting reasons). Not sure if any of those guys are still worth a crap in 3, or if Circle has any sort of equivalent to that playstyle.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
If you want some inexpensive almost-right warjacks for Khador, you might be able to find someone selling bits from the old Grind board game. It included two heavy Khador Jacks, though the arms in the board game aren't quite right for the wargame. The torsos and legs are the right size and appearance though, if you got correct arms and painted them nobody would notice the difference.

Buying the whole Grind box is probably better for a Cygnar player though, since the light warjacks Khador gets in Grind aren't a thing in the wargame. Or you can get the box for hopes of using them in Iron Kingdoms RPG and then never having an occasion to need that many jacks at once, like me.

EdsTeioh
Oct 23, 2004

PRAY FOR DEATH

HJE-Cobra posted:

If you want some inexpensive almost-right warjacks for Khador, you might be able to find someone selling bits from the old Grind board game. It included two heavy Khador Jacks, though the arms in the board game aren't quite right for the wargame. The torsos and legs are the right size and appearance though, if you got correct arms and painted them nobody would notice the difference.

Buying the whole Grind box is probably better for a Cygnar player though, since the light warjacks Khador gets in Grind aren't a thing in the wargame. Or you can get the box for hopes of using them in Iron Kingdoms RPG and then never having an occasion to need that many jacks at once, like me.

That's not a terrible idea; I see that box for next to nothing. I do have a lead on a bunch of cheap stuff locally though as there's a dude cashing out completely and has a ton of stuff.

HJE-Cobra
Jul 15, 2007

Bear Witness

Hell Gem
Yeah the board game isn't a bad deal, check out what you get. I think I bought mine for 40-something dollars on Amazon a while back, I don't remember exactly how much I paid.

They're all in scale with Warmachine parts, and the game even gives you spare arms. You can mix n' match different arms, since the teams are meant to be adjustable between games. However, the arms don't quite match with the wargame arms, as they're set up to play the sport instead of do combat. Also, the medium-size jacks come on large-size bases, so you'd need to get medium bases somewhere, and of course Khador doesn't even have medium-size jacks in the wargame.

I think they're great for an Iron Kingdoms RPG player to choose parts for their jack in game, too, though the game I've sometimes run hasn't gotten to upgrading their starter jack much yet.

For a comparison, here's a photo I found via google of someone's painted regular Warmachine heavy Cygnar jack on the left (from the heavy warjack kit), and a work-in-progress of a Grind one with wargame-appropriate arms added on the right.

Excelsiortothemax
Sep 9, 2006
Played this last night;

https://conflictchamber.com/#c8201b_-0jcGmN4ImRfF54545i5imUmSmj5wmj5wmT

Circle Army - 75 / 75 points
[Theme] The Devourer's Host

!!! Your army contains CID entries.

[Morvahna 2] Morvahna the Dawnshadow [+27]
- Brennos the Elderhorn [15]
- Gnarlhorn Satyr [12]
- Tharn Blood Shaman [0(5)]
Swamp Gobber Chef [1]
Tharn Ravager Shaman [0(5)]
Tharn Ravager Shaman [5]
Tharn Ravager White Mane [5]
Tharn Ravager White Mane [5]
Tharn Wolf Rider Champion [0(7)]
Bríghid & Caul [7]
Tharn Ravagers (max) [15]
- Tharn Ravager Chieftain [5]
Tharn Ravagers (max) [15]
- Tharn Ravager Chieftain [5]
Well of Orboros [12]

All the Tharn stuff really shines now, especially with a 16 inch bubble of re rolls.

Morvhanna is in a really good place and Harmonious Exaltation is something that she craves.

Brennos is where he should be now, same with the Shadowhorn.

The Well is just straight up busted though. As is the gun is too good, mostly dealing with its boosting mechanics. At 32 boxes and only 1 point per boost I never felt like I was threatened to lose it. It should probably come down to 22 boxes or go up to 14 points and each boost is a d3.

Storm Raptor also needs a nerf cause Christ that is just broken. Make High Flying lose a die on attack rolls if they want to make it hard to shoot. As is it’s utterly invulnerable to shooting.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012
Yeah, Well is seriously undercosted still. Compare the 19 point Celestial Fulcrum to the Well's effective 7, it's bonkers.

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
The fulcrum moves around, provides an extremely useful veteran leader, and has more guns and more variety to those guns. Theyre both really good, but the well becomes a mostly dead piece into blast immunity, whereas the fulcrum will always have a use and effectiveness.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

The fulcrum moves around, provides an extremely useful veteran leader, and has more guns and more variety to those guns. Theyre both really good, but the well becomes a mostly dead piece into blast immunity, whereas the fulcrum will always have a use and effectiveness.

Yeah I mean the fulcrum should cost more, just not 2.5x more

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Eh ive had table time both with and against the well and 12 seems right. Being unable to move is a huge weakness.

And you keep saying it costs 7 but by that logic the blockhouse is free, and that thing is still a piece of crap.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Jimmy Hats posted:

Eh ive had table time both with and against the well and 12 seems right. Being unable to move is a huge weakness.

And you keep saying it costs 7 but by that logic the blockhouse is free, and that thing is still a piece of crap.

Reviving trenchers is a whole lot less useful than dropping almost any solo of choice onto the battlefield, including ones that violate theme.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Duchess Smackarse
May 8, 2012

by Lowtax
Lmao they ended the tharn cid today. What shitshow