Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Looks like the Steelers O-linemen have started talking about their discontent with Bell also.

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1037428010444619776

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1037434005761798146

https://twitter.com/EdBouchette/status/1037437763036106753

I'm still grabbing him if he drops to the 2nd half of the 1st today, but man i'm thinking i'm taking AB84 if he's available wherever i am, hasn't failed me yet.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dkj
Feb 18, 2009

The constant back and forth especially with his teammates is going to make it harder for him to show up.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Those guys should chat with their union reps because what they are doing to Bell is... not great for their own long-term interests in re labor vs. management.

Gobias Ind.
Apr 5, 2007

If your girlfriend says hey to me that's our girlfriend now idc

IcePhoenix posted:

alright this is important info that you left out when you were talking about scoring...how many return yards per point?

Important to who to take at 3rd overall? Don't think any of them are returning kicks.

It's 20 yards per point.

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
gone

MacheteZombie fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 5, 2018

Brownhat
Jan 25, 2012

One cannot be a good person and enforce unjust laws.

Leperflesh posted:

Those guys should chat with their union reps because what they are doing to Bell is... not great for their own long-term interests in re labor vs. management.

What are they doing to Bell, exactly?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Brownhat posted:

They're being bootlickers. Show some goddamn solidarity.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Throwing him under the bus for trying to use his extremely limited leverage to get even a moderately appropriate contract for his skills. Siding with management, crossing the union, other chud rear end poo poo.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Brownhat posted:

Throwing shade and making it a lot easier for team management to continue to feel just fine about not giving in to Bell's demands.

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.
Who's got two thumbs, the first overall pick in his league, and is really starting to regret using it on Bell now?

It's me obviously but yeesh.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

CapnAndy posted:

Who's got two thumbs, the first overall pick in his league, and is really starting to regret using it on Bell now?

It's me obviously but yeesh.

Me exactly in one league. Me sorta in a second. Me in a way in a third. Three out of four leagues I have Bell. I never turned down DJ or Zeke in any of them, though. I did turn down Gordon, Kamara and Saquon, though.

I mean...as I should have. As logic would tell me to. Holy poo poo do I wish I had one of those guys now, though

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

kiimo posted:

Me exactly in one league. Me sorta in a second. Me in a way in a third. Three out of four leagues I have Bell. I never turned down DJ or Zeke in any of them, though. I did turn down Gordon, Kamara and Saquon, though.

I mean...as I should have. As logic would tell me to. Holy poo poo do I wish I had one of those guys now, though

Same thing all the DJ owners said last year after taking him over Bell and not even getting a half from him.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

Still have my draft tomorrow night. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, keeper league. I essentially have picks #6, and #9. Badly in need of an RB. Do I take Bell with either of those picks or go for someone like Hunt, CMC, or Gordon?

Kloaked00
Jun 21, 2005

I was sitting in my office on that drizzly afternoon listening to the monotonous staccato of rain on my desk and reading my name on the glass of my office door: regnaD kciN

Alfalfa posted:

Same thing all the DJ owners said last year after taking him over Bell and not even getting a half from him.

I took DJ as my first pick last year, and Bell as my first pick this year in one league

I'm sorry guys it's my fault

Gearman posted:

Still have my draft tomorrow night. 2QB, 0.5 PPR, keeper league. I essentially have picks #6, and #9. Badly in need of an RB. Do I take Bell with either of those picks or go for someone like Hunt, CMC, or Gordon?

I'd be tempted to take Gordon at this point

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

I can't tell you to take Hunt because I'm too big a homer who believes he will run all over the entire league with how spread out the defenses will have to be to account for MahomesToHillWatkinsKelce but may I at least recommend that only one of those guys led the NFL in rushing his rookie year?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
poo poo, I pick 2nd in a draft soon. wtf do I do about Le'Veon

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

dxt posted:

you pass on him, duh

CapnAndy
Feb 27, 2004

Some teeth long for ripping, gleaming wet from black dog gums. So you keep your eyes closed at the end. You don't want to see such a mouth up close. before the bite, before its oblivion in the goring of your soft parts, the speckled lips will curl back in a whinny of excitement. You just know it.

Gearman posted:

In a keeper league I'd be really tempted by Saquon Barkley if you can get him.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

pmchem posted:

you pass on him, duh

But it's Le'Veon loving bell :( First pick pays too much attention to pass on Gurley.

Alfalfa
Apr 24, 2003

Superman Don't Need No Seat Belt

dxt posted:

You take the guy equal to Bell but is playing. DJ. Let the 3rd pick deal with this nonsense.

Gearman
Dec 6, 2011

CapnAndy posted:

In a keeper league I'd be really tempted by Saquon Barkley if you can get him.

He will likely be gone with one of the first few picks, but if he is I'd gladly grab him. My keepers are Michael Thomas (14th Rd) and Josh Gordon (9th Rd). Guys on the board that will be available for my first two picks:

RBs
- Bell
- Barkley
- Hunt
- CMC
- Gordon

WRs
- Brown
- OBJ
- Julio
- Hopkins

QBs
- Rodgers
- Wilson
- Newton

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Alfalfa posted:

You take the guy equal to Bell but is playing. DJ. Let the 3rd pick deal with this nonsense.

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE
It didn't feel right, but I did it. Now Lev'eon will come right back and DJ can get hurt again immediately.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Gobias Ind. posted:

Important to who to take at 3rd overall? Don't think any of them are returning kicks.

It's 20 yards per point.

Yes, actually. Since most kick returners are classified as WRs it makes a positional scarcity difference depending on the settings.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

https://twitter.com/adamschefter/status/1037462830075797505?s=21

DeepDickPizza
Oct 11, 2012

THREE TIME! THREE TIME!

yourdadsbestfriend posted:

On an different note, what are all your strategies for auction drafts? I've done a couple in the past few days after never really doing them before, and found myself almost accidentally going studs and duds both times: I spent maybe 90% of my budget on my starting RBs and WRs and filled the rest of the slots with cheap options. Do y'all usually find more success with that strategy, with a more balanced team, or something completely different? Thanks!

Generally, in Auction, I’m dead set on a handful of “my guys” and if one of them comes up early I’ll get him, even if I slightly overpay. After that, I basically just put top guys that i don’t want or need up for bidding when it’s my turn to nominate. That way other people get into bidding wars and bleed their money, so that I have money to get my mid-tier guys. You can also usually get good value on mid-tier guys 1/3 way through the draft when other people are worried about splurging for that last big piece.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D.
Oct 9, 2003

I've got a case of malt liquor stashed in the trunk, Mr. Marvin Gaye on the CD. We are gonna get all the way down.

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. posted:

Someone help. please.

draft is tonight for this silly league. I have no idea what to do.

I feel like I KILLED this draft.

10 teams.

K: Will Lutz

Week 10 will be rough...

ROCK THE HOUSE M.D. fucked around with this message at 03:06 on Sep 6, 2018

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

Last draft for me was tonight. Work league. 12 man 0.5 PPR. How did I do?

QB - Brees (8)
RB - Gordon (1), Collins (3), Carson (6), Wilkins (11), Conner (13)
WR - M. Thomas (2), Baldwin (4), Jeffery (7), Gallup (9), Godwin (10)
TE - Olsen (5)
Def - Bears (12)

paternity suitor
Aug 2, 2016

Serious lottery ticket, but RB Jaylen Samuels has TE eligibility on Yahoo. If Leveon misses any time, you never know. He's a last round kind of pick anyway.

VietCampo
Aug 24, 2010
Just finished my last draft and also my big money league.

12 team .5 PPR and we start 3WR and a flex.

I picked 11th so went WR/WR and so my RB's are very very ugh. Also took Ebron pretty late hoping he either gives me something solid or i just stream.

QB Rodgers
RB Marshawn Lynch
RB Tevin Coleman
WR Julio Jones
WR Odell Beckham
WR Larry Fitzgerald
TE Ebron
FLEX Brandin Cooks
K Bryant
DEF Rams
BN Chris Thompson
BN Peyton Barber
BN Bilal Powell
BN Rishard Matthews
BN Tyrell Williams

Thoughts? I'm hoping my quad core of starting WR's and Rodgers will be enough to pull me through.

Heres to hoping Chris Thompson is cool and good again

Ben Nevis
Jan 20, 2011

paternity suitor posted:

Serious lottery ticket, but RB Jaylen Samuels has TE eligibility on Yahoo. If Leveon misses any time, you never know. He's a last round kind of pick anyway.

Grabbed him in a dynasty league tonight. He was a super deep sleeper of mine even before the Bell situation.

ShaneB
Oct 22, 2002

Sataere posted:

Last draft for me was tonight. Work league. 12 man 0.5 PPR. How did I do?

QB - Brees (8)
RB - Gordon (1), Collins (3), Carson (6), Wilkins (11), Conner (13)
WR - M. Thomas (2), Baldwin (4), Jeffery (7), Gallup (9), Godwin (10)
TE - Olsen (5)
Def - Bears (12)

I feel like after round 3 you took a few people I wouldn't have. I think Baldwin is going to play 2/3 a season at best. Olsen is washed up and I think round 5 is way too early for most TEs, let alone Olsen, and I am a former Olsen fanatic. Jeffrey is another potentially higher-risk choice.

I think this is a pretty average fantasy team in the end.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo

Gearman posted:

Throwing shade and making it a lot easier for team management to continue to feel just fine about not giving in to Bell's demands.

Or they are legit pissed about him being a prima donna. If that's the case I'd be more concerned about one of them "missing" a block after he gets back.

Bellmaker
Oct 18, 2008

Chapter DOOF

0.5 PPR 10-man, drafted 7th. How do?

QB: Stafford (11)
RB: Alvin Kamara (1), Joe Mixon (4), Kerryon Johnson (7), Rex Burkhead (8), Matt Breida (9), Isaiah Crowell (10)
WR: Julio Jones (2), Adam Thielen (3), Golden Tate (5), Brandon Cooks (6), Keelan Cole (13)
TE: Jordan Reed (12)

3 DONG HORSE
May 22, 2008

I'd like to thank Satan for everything he's done for this organization

3 DONG HORSE posted:

Might trade Bell for a 2019 2nd rounder...my team is gimped anyway because of bad decisions from last year. Tank for the future!

e: we can't keep first rounders in this league

Update: got an offer of Fournette (4) and Fitz so I mashed

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
footbaw

Vargo
Dec 27, 2008

'Cuz it's KILLIN' ME!
lol, something is very broken with Yahoo's records right now.

Every single team gave up the most fantasy points to every single position last year.

funny way to spell
Nov 4, 2012
How do you guys feel about Mike Evans?

I like him as a player but I'm wary of starting him without Jameis at QB. I have JuJu sitting on my bench and my gut is telling me to start JuJu instead but my gut has burned me before...

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

ShaneB posted:

I feel like after round 3 you took a few people I wouldn't have. I think Baldwin is going to play 2/3 a season at best. Olsen is washed up and I think round 5 is way too early for most TEs, let alone Olsen, and I am a former Olsen fanatic. Jeffrey is another potentially higher-risk choice.

I think this is a pretty average fantasy team in the end.

Obviously I disagree about the evaluations on the players, but I do agree with the risk assessment. I like high upside, because I think it's easy to fix most issues on the waiver wire.

I'm not worried about Baldwin. He's supposed to play week one and has been quietly consistent his entire career. I also don't think Olsen is washed up, but I suspect you were an Olsen owner last year. :v:

I think I agree. Not feeling this draft.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
Had my auction.

Who do I drop to pick up a K for week 1?

I'm thinking WR Ginn or RB Allen. But I love hoarding backup RBs in case of injuries to starters.