Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

McGurk
Oct 20, 2004

Cuz life sucks, kids. Get it while you can.

goddamn what a world we live in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/charles_kinbote/status/1037407635564310529

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
2018 just keeps loving 2018ing.

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

For non-Americans who click this, this is the most American sound ever, and that loving owns.

"I yield back."

Sandwich Anarchist
Sep 12, 2008
Vanilla Ice is the typhoid mary we deserve

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Sandwich Anarchist posted:

Vanilla Ice is the typhoid mary we deserve

He banged Madonna in the 1990's. The SARS he's been exposed to is going to mutate and now include at least one STD spreadable through the air.

ilmucche
Mar 16, 2016

What did you say the strategy was?
I still want LoB and saddest rhino to have an argument. Maybe with dril and Elon Musk, and then we can shut the internet down.

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I unironically questioned why my newborn needed hep B vaccination as I was 10 or 12 when I received mine and the answer I received was babies put random poo poo in their mouths which is where their risk comes from

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

EX250 Type R posted:

I unironically questioned why my newborn needed hep B vaccination as I was 10 or 12 when I received mine and the answer I received was babies put random poo poo in their mouths which is where their risk comes from

looks like they got you hook line and sinker you rube hehehehe

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

This is such a poo poo-show.

jobson groeth
May 17, 2018

by FactsAreUseless

Stop. Contaminate and listen.

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.

jobson groeth posted:

Stop. Contaminate and listen.

Ice is back with his brand new infection

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
Something constricting his chest tightly,
Unable to sleep either daily or nightly.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1037464177269514240

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Oh was the shake machine at McDs broken again

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Absurd Alhazred posted:

This is such a poo poo-show.

This is the new normal, and it is squarely the fault of everyone except me.

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Yes, Donny, that is the name of the crime you committed. :v:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Aramek posted:

This is the new normal, and it is squarely the fault of everyone except me.

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1037466620816502785

https://mobile.twitter.com/LauraLoomer/status/1037468070992916483

Reminder that the way she was “censored” was losing her blue checkmark

zoux has a new favorite as of 23:57 on Sep 5, 2018

STANKBALLS TASTYLEGS
Oct 12, 2012

In case anyone missed it, this probably about a NYT article about how staffers are plotting ways to sabatoge Trump

joylessdivision
Jun 15, 2013

Today I learned: Republicans from Missouri are occasionally hilarious.

Well Manicured Man
Aug 21, 2010

Well Manicured Mort

Treason? In my White House?

It's more likely than you think.

Volcott
Mar 30, 2010

People paying American dollars to let other people know they didn't agree with someone's position on something is the lifeblood of these forums.
That is
Treason
ᵈᵒᶰᶰʸ

screaden
Apr 8, 2009

Thank you!

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Look, Laura, just because he owned you doesn't mean he was auctioning you off.

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

Current theory going around is that the anonymous White Houser who wrote that is Mike Pence because.. it uses a word he once used?

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
And that doesn't fly, because it's someone anonymous. Plus if it WERE Pence, that would be worse than Trump getting impeached today. Because it makes him look sympathetic.

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
This is how Christopher "The Crying Nazi" Cantwell chooses to represent himself on his website:

SneezeOfTheDecade
Feb 6, 2011

gettin' covid all
over your posts

Pththya-lyi posted:

This is how Christopher "The Crying Nazi" Cantwell chooses to represent himself on his website:

Seth McFarlane's Family Thumb

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

Pththya-lyi posted:

I like how his beard ends below his mouth but the chin keeps going.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Pththya-lyi posted:

How did this motherfucker make it past the age of six without accidentally pouring himself a bowl of “Oops! All Batteries!” ?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Don’t sign your tweets.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Dunno about anyone else, but as a historian I cannot wait until the official minutes of this committee are published.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Dunno about anyone else, but as a historian I cannot wait until the official minutes of this committee are published.

I personally identify very strongly with the guy who covers his face and tries not to laugh when the guy starts. I would have audibly snorted.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Dear Nike ✔️,

I want 😋 to have 🈶🈶 a conversation about this ⬆ hat 🤠. It's over 13 years old 👴👴. I don't remember when ⏰ I bought it exactly, I don't remember where 🤷 I bought it. But what 😅 I do remember is 🈶 why 🤔 I wore it.

On 🔛🔛 August 10, 2005, I was a newlywed with two ✌ young 🧒 sons. My husband Tim and I had toasted our one 1️⃣1️⃣ month 🈷️🈷️🈷️ anniversary the night 😴😴😴 before, and I was enjoying a rare evening 🌕🌕🌕 to myself, catching up ☝☝ on 🔛 reading and relishing the quiet 🤫🤫. Until there was a knock on 🔛 my door 🔑. I had no 😣😣😣 way ↕️ of knowing 🤔 that the small act of turning a knob was about to shatter my life 💓 into a million pieces. I sat numb and in sheer disbelief 🤨 as I was told that my husband, while in a foot pursuit and subsequent struggle with a suspect that ended up ☝☝☝ in the road 🛣🛣, had been struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle 🚗. He took his last breath lying in the middle 🖕🖕🖕 of the street. What 😅 I lost 🏳 in that moment is 🈶 indescribable. I had to watch 👁👁 his mother 👪👪 be dealt the most agonizing blow a parent 👩‍👦 can face 😀😀😀, and I couldn't comfort her because I was in my own hell. I had to find 🔍 a way ↕️↕️↕️ to gut my own children 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 in the gentlest way ↕️↕️ possible, and tell 🗣 them that this ⬆ man 👦👦 they had come to love 😍, who 💁 they looked up ☝ to, who 💁 cared for them as his own, would never ❌ walk through our door 🔑 again.

I don't know 🤔 if you've ever attended a police 👮‍♀️ funeral ⚰⚰⚰, but watching grown men 👴 who 💁've seen the absolute worst 😡 things a civilian can imagine, break 💔💔 down ⬇⬇ and sob 😭😭😭 over the casket ⚰ of their brother is 🈶 an image that never ❌ leaves 🍃🍃 you. The bagpipes haunt my dreams to this ⬆ day, but it was the faces of my children 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦, the innocence that abandoned them at such a tender age that brought me to my knees.

I had no 😣😣 choice but to move on 🔛🔛. We trudged zombie-like 😄😄😄 through our days for weeks and weeks on 🔛🔛 end 🔚🔚🔚. I never ❌ left 👈👈👈 the house 🏠 except to drive the boys 👦👦👦 to school 🎓🎓, or buy 🛍🛍 food 🐟🐟🐟 we barely touched. I realized that I had to do something. I had to move my body or I was going to crawl out 🏎🏍 of my own skin. So I put on 🔛🔛🔛 the only cap 🧢 I had and I went for a run 🏃. It was short, it hurt 🤕🤕🤕 and it was ugly. But I felt, just for those few moments on 🔛 that road 🛣, like 😄 a normal person 👤. So I kept doing it. I put that hat 🤠 on 🔛🔛 and I ran every day. Sometimes I had to stop ✋✋ and sit 💺💺💺 down ⬇⬇ because I was sobbing so hard. Sometimes I was so angry 😠😠 I ran until I thought I my heart 😍😍😍 would stop ✋✋✋, sometimes I would just scream 😱😱😱 over and over again, but it still felt better than doing nothing 🈚🈚.

That black cap 🧢🧢🧢 became a symbol #️⃣#️⃣#️⃣ to me, it is 🈶 sweat 😅😅😅 stained and its shape ✴️ is 🈶 gone, the buckle in the back ⬅️⬅️⬅️ barely closes; but that hat 🤠 represents my family 👪's rise from the ashes ⚱⚱⚱. It stands for the strength and the sacrifice we made loving a man 👦👦👦 who 💁 had a job 💼💼💼 that we all knew 🤔 could end 🔚 his life 💓, every time ⌚⌚⌚ he walked out 🏎🏍 that door 🔑🔑🔑. And it did. And I accept 👍👍👍 that.

I still wear this ⬆ hat 🤠🤠🤠, I wore it on 🔛🔛 my run 🏃 this ⬆ morning 🌞. And then I heard about your 👉 new 🆕🆕 ad campaign.

Colin Kapernick has the absolute right 👉👉👉 to protest anything he drat well pleases. I don't dispute that for one 1️⃣1️⃣1️⃣ second 🥈🥈. My father 👨👨👨, my husband and many, many friends have 🈶🈶 all served this ⬆ country 🗾 and were willing to fight for his right 👉 to kneel.

But that right 👉👉 goes both ways. I also have 🈶🈶🈶 a right 👉👉 to express 🚛🚛 my disgust at your 👉 decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What 😅, exactly has Colin Kapernick sacrificed? His multi million dollar 🤑 paycheck 💸...? Nope 🙅🙅, you already gave him one 1️⃣1️⃣ of those. His reputation? No 😣😣😣, he's been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny 😃😃😃, Tim Tebow was never ❌ called courageous when ⏰ he knelt.

This ⬆ man 👦👦, whose contempt for law 👮‍♀️ enforcement 👮‍♀️ fits him like 😄😄 a...sock, has promoted an agenda that has been proven false time ⌚⌚ and time ⌚⌚⌚ again, in study 🔬 after study 🔬. But facts don't seem to matter anymore. This ⬆ man 👦👦 has thrown his support 🎗🎗 behind divisive anti-police 👮‍♀️👮‍♀️ groups, and donated money 🤑 directly to a fugitive from justice 👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️ who 💁 escaped prison after killing a police 👮‍♀️ officer. I question ❓❓ the judgment of anyone who 💁 would put someone this ⬆ controversial and divisive at the head 💆💆 of an advertising campaign, but it isn't my company to run 🏃.

I don't know 🤔 if I'll have 🈶🈶🈶 the heart 😍😍 to ever get 🉐 rid of this ⬆ cap 🧢🧢, but I will tell 🗣 you this ⬆, I'll never ❌ purchase 🛍 another Nike ✔️ product as long as I live. You got this ⬆ one 1️⃣1️⃣ wrong Nike ✔️✔️, terribly, terribly wrong.

Sherry Graham-Potter, surviving spouse of Deputy Tim Graham

The Saddest Rhino has a new favorite as of 04:28 on Sep 6, 2018

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Bagpipes also haunt my dreams, but for entirely different reasons.

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Besesoth posted:

Look, Laura, just because he owned you doesn't mean he was auctioning you off.

:golfclap:

nerdz
Oct 12, 2004

Complex, statistically improbable things are by their nature more difficult to explain than simple, statistically probable things.
Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/JBrethorn/status/1037167928263802883?s=19

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Nike ✔️✔️✔️, I love 😍😍😍 your 👉 gear ⚙⚙, but you exhaust my spirit on 🔛 this ⬆ one 1️⃣1️⃣. Your 👉 new 🆕🆕🆕 ad with Colin Kapernick, I get 🉐🉐🉐 the message 💬💬, but that sacrificing everything thing…. It just doesn’t play 🎽🎽🎽 out 🏎🏍 here 👈👈. Sacrificing what 😅 exactly? A career 💼? I’ve done that both times I chose to stay home 👪👪👪 and be with my kids 👦👦👦 instead of continuing my business 👩‍💼👩‍💼👩‍💼 climb… and it wasn’t sacrificing everything. It was sacrificing one 1️⃣1️⃣1️⃣ career 💼💼 and some money 🤑🤑🤑 and it was because of what 😅 I believe in and more ➕➕ importantly, who 💁 I believe in.

At best 🏆, that is 🈶 all Colin sacrificed… some money 🤑🤑 and it’s debatable if he really lost 🏳 his career 💼💼 over it. Maybe he sacrificed the respect of some people 👫👫👫 while he gained the respect of others. Or maybe he used one 1️⃣ career 💼💼 to springboard himself into a different career 💼💼 when ⏰ the first 🥇🥇🥇 was waning. I don’t know 🤔. What 😅 I do know 🤔 is 🈶, he gained popularity and magazine covers he likely wouldn’t have 🈶 gotten without getting on 🔛🔛 his knees or as you say 🗣🗣, “believing in something.” I’m also thinking 🤔 the irony is 🈶 that while I am not privy to the numbers 💯💯💯, it’s likely he gained a lucrative Nike ✔️ contract. So yeah… that whole “sacrificing everything” is 🈶 insulting to those who 💁 really have 🈶🈶 sacrificed everything.

You want 😋 to talk 🗣🗣🗣 about someone in the NFL sacrificing everything? Pat Tillman. NFL STARTING, not benched, player who 💁 left 👈👈 to join 🈴🈴🈴 the Army 🎖🎖 and died for it. THAT is 🈶 sacrificing everything for something you believe in.

How 🤔 about other warriors? Warriors who 💁 will not be on 🔛🔛 magazine covers, who 💁 will not get 🉐 lucrative contracts and millions of followers from their actions and who 💁 have 🈶🈶 truly sacrificed everything. They did it because they believed in something. Take it from me, when ⏰ I say 🗣🗣 they sacrificed everything, they also sacrificed the lives of their loved ones who 💁 will never ❌ be the same. THAT is 🈶 sacrificing everything for something they believe in.

Did you get 🉐🉐 us talking? Yeah 🙌, you did. But, your 👉 brand ™️™️ recognition was strong 💪💪 enough. Did you teach 🏫🏫🏫 the next ⏭⏭ generation of consumers about true grit? Not that I can see 👁👁👁.

Taking a stand, or rather a knee, against the flag ⛳⛳ which has covered the caskets of so many who 💁 actually did sacrifice everything for something they believe in, that we all believe in? Well, the irony of your 👉 ad..it almost leaves 🍃 me speechless. Were you trying to be insulting?

Maybe you are banking 🏦 on 🔛 the fact we won’t take the time ⌚⌚ to see 👁👁👁 your 👉 lack of judgement in using words 🆔🆔 that just don’t fit. Maybe you are also banking 🏦 on 🔛🔛 us not seeing Nike ✔️✔️ as kneeling before the flag ⛳. Or maybe you want 😋 us to see 👁👁 you exactly that way ↕️↕️↕️. I don’t know 🤔. All I know 🤔 is 🈶, I was actually in the market for some new 🆕🆕🆕 kicks and at least for now, I’ve never ❌ been more ➕ grateful for Under Armour.

MisterOblivious
Mar 17, 2010

by sebmojo

Heh. Some 4channer roleplaying a boomer. Couple of good chuckles in his timeline, mostly just poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

The Saddest Rhino posted:

Dear Nike ✔️,

I want 😋 to have 🈶🈶 a conversation about this ⬆ hat 🤠. It's over 13 years old 👴👴. I don't remember when ⏰ I bought it exactly, I don't remember where 🤷 I bought it. But what 😅 I do remember is 🈶 why 🤔 I wore it.

On 🔛🔛 August 10, 2005, I was a newlywed with two ✌ young 🧒 sons. My husband Tim and I had toasted our one 1️⃣1️⃣ month 🈷️🈷️🈷️ anniversary the night 😴😴😴 before, and I was enjoying a rare evening 🌕🌕🌕 to myself, catching up ☝☝ on 🔛 reading and relishing the quiet 🤫🤫. Until there was a knock on 🔛 my door 🔑. I had no 😣😣😣 way ↕️ of knowing 🤔 that the small act of turning a knob was about to shatter my life 💓 into a million pieces. I sat numb and in sheer disbelief 🤨 as I was told that my husband, while in a foot pursuit and subsequent struggle with a suspect that ended up ☝☝☝ in the road 🛣🛣, had been struck and killed by an oncoming vehicle 🚗. He took his last breath lying in the middle 🖕🖕🖕 of the street. What 😅 I lost 🏳 in that moment is 🈶 indescribable. I had to watch 👁👁 his mother 👪👪 be dealt the most agonizing blow a parent 👩‍👦 can face 😀😀😀, and I couldn't comfort her because I was in my own hell. I had to find 🔍 a way ↕️↕️↕️ to gut my own children 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦 in the gentlest way ↕️↕️ possible, and tell 🗣 them that this ⬆ man 👦👦 they had come to love 😍, who 💁 they looked up ☝ to, who 💁 cared for them as his own, would never ❌ walk through our door 🔑 again.

I don't know 🤔 if you've ever attended a police 👮‍♀️ funeral ⚰⚰⚰, but watching grown men 👴 who 💁've seen the absolute worst 😡 things a civilian can imagine, break 💔💔 down ⬇⬇ and sob 😭😭😭 over the casket ⚰ of their brother is 🈶 an image that never ❌ leaves 🍃🍃 you. The bagpipes haunt my dreams to this ⬆ day, but it was the faces of my children 👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦👨‍👩‍👧‍👦, the innocence that abandoned them at such a tender age that brought me to my knees.

I had no 😣😣 choice but to move on 🔛🔛. We trudged zombie-like 😄😄😄 through our days for weeks and weeks on 🔛🔛 end 🔚🔚🔚. I never ❌ left 👈👈👈 the house 🏠 except to drive the boys 👦👦👦 to school 🎓🎓, or buy 🛍🛍 food 🐟🐟🐟 we barely touched. I realized that I had to do something. I had to move my body or I was going to crawl out 🏎🏍 of my own skin. So I put on 🔛🔛🔛 the only cap 🧢 I had and I went for a run 🏃. It was short, it hurt 🤕🤕🤕 and it was ugly. But I felt, just for those few moments on 🔛 that road 🛣, like 😄 a normal person 👤. So I kept doing it. I put that hat 🤠 on 🔛🔛 and I ran every day. Sometimes I had to stop ✋✋ and sit 💺💺💺 down ⬇⬇ because I was sobbing so hard. Sometimes I was so angry 😠😠 I ran until I thought I my heart 😍😍😍 would stop ✋✋✋, sometimes I would just scream 😱😱😱 over and over again, but it still felt better than doing nothing 🈚🈚.

That black cap 🧢🧢🧢 became a symbol #️⃣#️⃣#️⃣ to me, it is 🈶 sweat 😅😅😅 stained and its shape ✴️ is 🈶 gone, the buckle in the back ⬅️⬅️⬅️ barely closes; but that hat 🤠 represents my family 👪's rise from the ashes ⚱⚱⚱. It stands for the strength and the sacrifice we made loving a man 👦👦👦 who 💁 had a job 💼💼💼 that we all knew 🤔 could end 🔚 his life 💓, every time ⌚⌚⌚ he walked out 🏎🏍 that door 🔑🔑🔑. And it did. And I accept 👍👍👍 that.

I still wear this ⬆ hat 🤠🤠🤠, I wore it on 🔛🔛 my run 🏃 this ⬆ morning 🌞. And then I heard about your 👉 new 🆕🆕 ad campaign.

Colin Kapernick has the absolute right 👉👉👉 to protest anything he drat well pleases. I don't dispute that for one 1️⃣1️⃣1️⃣ second 🥈🥈. My father 👨👨👨, my husband and many, many friends have 🈶🈶 all served this ⬆ country 🗾 and were willing to fight for his right 👉 to kneel.

But that right 👉👉 goes both ways. I also have 🈶🈶🈶 a right 👉👉 to express 🚛🚛 my disgust at your 👉 decision to portray him as some kind of hero. What 😅, exactly has Colin Kapernick sacrificed? His multi million dollar 🤑 paycheck 💸...? Nope 🙅🙅, you already gave him one 1️⃣1️⃣ of those. His reputation? No 😣😣😣, he's been fawned over by celebrities and media alike. Funny 😃😃😃, Tim Tebow was never ❌ called courageous when ⏰ he knelt.

This ⬆ man 👦👦, whose contempt for law 👮‍♀️ enforcement 👮‍♀️ fits him like 😄😄 a...sock, has promoted an agenda that has been proven false time ⌚⌚ and time ⌚⌚⌚ again, in study 🔬 after study 🔬. But facts don't seem to matter anymore. This ⬆ man 👦👦 has thrown his support 🎗🎗 behind divisive anti-police 👮‍♀️👮‍♀️ groups, and donated money 🤑 directly to a fugitive from justice 👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️👩‍⚖️ who 💁 escaped prison after killing a police 👮‍♀️ officer. I question ❓❓ the judgment of anyone who 💁 would put someone this ⬆ controversial and divisive at the head 💆💆 of an advertising campaign, but it isn't my company to run 🏃.

I don't know 🤔 if I'll have 🈶🈶🈶 the heart 😍😍 to ever get 🉐 rid of this ⬆ cap 🧢🧢, but I will tell 🗣 you this ⬆, I'll never ❌ purchase 🛍 another Nike ✔️ product as long as I live. You got this ⬆ one 1️⃣1️⃣ wrong Nike ✔️✔️, terribly, terribly wrong.

Sherry Graham-Potter, surviving spouse of Deputy Tim Graham

I gotta say, it's almost refreshing that at least someone knows that it is about police and not ARE TROPPS.

I know, I know, https://twitter.com/dril/status/831805955402776576?lang=en