Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartridgeblowers
Jan 3, 2006

Super Mario Bros 3

It's probably in the top five costumes of the past decade. It's very good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X-O
Apr 28, 2002

Long Live The King!

Took longer than I expected for someone to have the worst take on Captain Marvel's costume.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

X-O posted:

Took longer than I expected for someone to have the worst take on Captain Marvel's costume.

Little Mac posted:

It's probably in the top five costumes of the past decade. It's very good.

It's right up there with the time Spider-man had that Iron Spider armor, or the Iron Man armor with the nose.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Lurdiak posted:

The Captain Marvel costume looks terrible, so it's a successful adaptation of the comic book one.

Probably your hottest take yet.

What a great costume. It’s amazing she kept the black bathing suit as long as she did.

And a shout out to Stephen Wacker for being the editor to finally pull the trigger on calling her Captain Marvel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Open Marriage Night posted:

What a great costume. It’s amazing she kept the black bathing suit as long as she did.

The black domino mask and the lightning bolt are neat design elements, but the rest of that costume was just fetish gear. I bet Frank Cho was really mad when they retired it.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I heard a good comment on the Edge of Spiderverse film "Spider-Man thats in his 30s and doesn't have their poo poo together, spider-man is like me again!"

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Wait, they're doing the whole kree thing and throwing Ronan in despite him being a baddie in mcu?

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Synthbuttrange posted:

Wait, they're doing the whole kree thing and throwing Ronan in despite him being a baddie in mcu?
I mean, GotG makes it pretty clear he's gone rogue from the Kree Empire. Ignoring that, given this takes place before GotG, that barely matters.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
And Ronan isn't always a bad guy in the comics. You know I wonder if they'll tie the Kree stuff from AoS to the Kree stuff in CM.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Endless Mike posted:

I mean, GotG makes it pretty clear he's gone rogue from the Kree Empire. Ignoring that, given this takes place before GotG, that barely matters.

Yeah, specifically it was stated that he went bad because of a treaty, which seemed like it was recent.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

twistedmentat posted:

You know I wonder if they'll tie the Kree stuff from AoS to the Kree stuff in CM.

*animated GIF of J Jonah Jameson laughing uproariously*

Cythereal
Nov 8, 2009

I love the potoo,
and the potoo loves you.

muscles like this! posted:

Yeah, specifically it was stated that he went bad because of a treaty, which seemed like it was recent.

Yeah, a recent war between the Kree and Novas, and Captain Marvel is going to be about a Kree-Skrull war. I'm guessing this will be part of that same conflict, perhaps instigated by the Skrulls.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I fully expect some line like "I would never leave the Empire in pursuit of ultimate power!" or somesuch

AngryBooch
Sep 26, 2009
Kree and Xandar had been at war for a thousand years by the time the peace was declared in Guardians of the Galaxy. I wonder if Captain Marvel will turn Ronan into a good villain with more understandable motivation and make Guardians even better retroactively.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Sgt. Politeness posted:

I like the costume but I've never been a fan of the color scheme.

...you don't like... the Superman color scheme?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

AngryBooch posted:

Kree and Xandar had been at war for a thousand years by the time the peace was declared in Guardians of the Galaxy. I wonder if Captain Marvel will turn Ronan into a good villain with more understandable motivation and make Guardians even better retroactively.

His people signed a peace treaty with the assholes who killed his family. That's a pretty strong motivation to go rogue and tell everyone to gently caress off.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."

TwoPair posted:

I don't like the strip of blue going up the middle to her neck, feel like it'd be better just to stay red with the rest of her top part, but otherwise yeah, good costume.
Yeah, it works in the black and green version but it's a bit distracting in the blue/red one.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

I have “friends” on Facebook that keep bringing up that they hope Marvel ditches Carol and makes Mar-Vel the REAL Captain Marvel again. Like, who gives a serious gently caress about Mar-Vel other than lovely people that hate female heroes?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

omg chael crash posted:

I have “friends” on Facebook that keep bringing up that they hope Marvel ditches Carol and makes Mar-Vel the REAL Captain Marvel again. Like, who gives a serious gently caress about Mar-Vel other than lovely people that hate female heroes?

I mean, Mar-vell was Captain Marvel for years so I suppose it's possible that he has some hardcore fans out there who just still haven't moved on and it's not a sexist thing?

It's possible, but it's also possible I'll win the lottery and get struck by lightning on the way to collect my winnings. :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Unironically the most meaningful thing Captain Marvel ever did was die of cancer.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Mar-vel was awesome, some great Starlin stories, way more good comics than Carol ever had, but I don't want him to come back. Please, please don't bring him back.

I don't think he could ever work outside of the 70s.

Like how about just give some of his interesting character traits and abilities to Carol for the movie? Like the weird cosmic awareness stuff? That'd be good.

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

teagone posted:

Ok, those movie stills look infinitely better. Why do EW covers always look like poo poo?

[edit]

Sweet

Is that three Kree or is the beardo a muthafuckin Frost Giant?

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

twistedmentat posted:

And Ronan isn't always a bad guy in the comics. You know I wonder if they'll tie the Kree stuff from AoS to the Kree stuff in CM.

I think the movie is gonna chug along and AoS will bend over backwards to make it work like they have always done. Real shame, honestly. I'm still mad that Born Again is going to happen without the Cap/Daredevil sequence.

ImpAtom posted:

Unironically the most meaningful thing Captain Marvel ever did was die of cancer.

Yeah, Mar-Vell is right under Jason Todd and Barry Allen on a list of characters that are better dead than alive.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I wouldn't mind Genis coming back.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I dont know what aos means.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Neither does the movie division, don’t worry about it.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Age of Sultron

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

Mar-Vell didn't do anything better than any of the other cosmic characters besides die, and give Rick Jones a reason to trip balls in the Negative Zone.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

I'm old as gently caress and even when I started reading comics, Mar Vell was already dead.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Based entirely on comics only, Genis is still the best Captain Marvel.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Did he ever come back after Zemo chopped him up and scattered his remains across the multiverse? (Or something like that.)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Wheat Loaf posted:

Did he ever come back after Zemo chopped him up and scattered his remains across the multiverse? (Or something like that.)

Don't think so. Phyla was Captain Marvel for a while but no one cared.

Did they ever give the bands to Carol? It seems like if you're gonna make her "the" Captain Marvel, you'd do that.

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Lurdiak posted:

Don't think so. Phyla was Captain Marvel for a while but no one cared.

Did they ever give the bands to Carol? It seems like if you're gonna make her "the" Captain Marvel, you'd do that.

Quasar gets the bands. Phyla just happened to also be called captain marvel. But the Quasar bands are something separate.

Sgt. Politeness
Sep 29, 2003

I've seen shit you people wouldn't believe. Cop cars on fire off the shoulder of I-94. I watched search lights glitter in the dark near the Ambassador Bridge. All those moments will be lost in time, like piss in the drain. Time to retch.

Aphrodite posted:

...you don't like... the Superman color scheme?

Nope, not even a little. Change the red to purple however and I'm in.

... and then trade yellow for neon green and you get Skeletor.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

omg chael crash posted:

Yeah that's how you get the Cancerverse

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m honestly surprised AoS has lasted as long as it did

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
I think ABC was going to end it after either the last season or the one before it but Disney stepped in and said to keep it going.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Wheat Loaf posted:

I think ABC was going to end it after either the last season or the one before it but Disney stepped in and said to keep it going.

I was not. I quite enjoy it though I haven't watched since the ghost Rider arc due to my hectic schedule. I asked them to continue the show so I could watch it later. I can't attest to Disney's opinion, any day I have to hear from them is usually a bad one. Let's just say they don't come around when they think I'm doing a good job.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

It's a really good show

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leon Trotsky 2012
Aug 27, 2009

YOU CAN TRUST ME!*

*Israeli Government-affiliated poster

Codependent Poster posted:

It's a really good show

It really is. But, I feel like it has "House of Cards Syndrome" where the first huge ramp up and second season are incredible and the rest of the show is very good, but it never hits the same wild high that the end of the first and second season did.

• Locked thread