Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

How much swearing does it take to put them on?

I do appreciate you managed to figure out why I'm asking. :D

I should add that by off I mean snipping them off from the backpack and the rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thundercloud
Mar 28, 2010

To boldly be eaten where no grot has been eaten before!
Anyone UK based getting Rogue Trader and doesn't want the small stuff?

I'm interested in more space Nurglings and worms and flies.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Cooked Auto posted:

I do appreciate you managed to figure out why I'm asking. :D

I should add that by off I mean snipping them off from the backpack and the rifle.

Up until recently i found any cable was a real fucker to get on properly. The belts on the agressors wasn't too bad and i built my scions as command, but i can assume they're really terrible to get lined up. Honestly I don't think anyone really cares.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon
I did a thing that looks at the efficiency of Troop units against all the other troop units.

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

jng2058
Jul 17, 2010

We have the tools, we have the talent!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

I did a thing that looks at the efficiency of Troop units against all the other troop units.

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

I am. Well done. :golfclap:

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

Haha, that's really cool. Orks rock, custodes suck. As it should be.

E: I think you gave vanguard 6 toughness?

Revelation 2-13 fucked around with this message at 22:15 on Sep 5, 2018

Cooked Auto
Aug 4, 2007

twistedmentat posted:

Honestly I don't think anyone really cares.

Yeah that's probably the case. Any gaps will be minimal and if needed I'm sure I can cram in some greenstuff and paint it black.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Elysians can’t be Blood Brothers since they lack a variable REGIMENT to sub Blood Brothers for, right? I was thinking that deep-striking Goliaths, snipers, and missile teams fluffed as corrupted Cawdor sewer-Cajuns would be hella fluffy but it looks like there’s no way to do it.

:sigh:

Schadenboner fucked around with this message at 22:37 on Sep 5, 2018

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Schadenboner posted:

Elysians can’t be Blood Brothers since they lack a variable REGIMENT to sub Blood Brothers for, right? I was thinking that deep-striking Goliaths, snipers, and missile teams fluffed as corrupted Cawdor sewer-Cajuns would be hella fluffy but it looks like there’s no way to do it.

They have the astra militarum keyword dont they?

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!

Schadenboner posted:

Can’t you just take them as a regular IG detachment? GSC can take an IG detachment for every GSC detachment to represent infiltrated units.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

RagnarokAngel posted:

They have the astra militarum keyword dont they?

I guess you’re right. Blood Brothers looks like it reads: “every unit in the ASTRA MILITARUM Detachment that has the <REGIMENT> keyword must replace it in every instance on its datasheet with BROOD BROTHERS” but it doesn’t say that units without the <REGIMENT> variable are ineligible.

Or is this a “there’s no rule that says a dog can’t play basketball” thing?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Revelation 2-13 posted:

Haha, that's really cool. Orks rock, custodes suck. As it should be.

E: I think you gave vanguard 6 toughness?

Thanks for catching that.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire
Ah I see what you're saying. I guess it'd be up to your opponent. I'd be fine with it though.

Revelation 2-13
May 13, 2010

Pillbug

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Thanks for catching that.

Would it make sense to do a 'defensive efficiency' average on the columns as well? Color would have to be reversed though. Also, my brain is broken from cleaning dataset all day, so I may be missing something obvious that makes it not work.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

It looks like Scouts have guardsman stats

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

chutche2 posted:

It looks like Scouts have guardsman stats

Whoops.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

Freeze your top two rows maybe? Sorting A -> Z yields weirdness?

raverrn
Apr 5, 2005

Unidentified spacecraft inbound from delta line.

All Silpheed squadrons scramble now!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

Intercessors have two attacks.

SRM
Jul 10, 2009

~*FeElIn' AweS0mE*~

Crab-Stuffed posted:

I recently finished some golden bois (shout out to the folks behind Wh40k badcast - you guys always motivate me to paint)! Maybe I'll finally make it out to a convention one day!

More pics: https://www.instagram.com/crabstuffedmushrooms/

Those banana bois are fukken tight, my dude.

NOVA ruled. Dan and I record our recap episode on Saturday and we'll get it out shortly thereafter. Highlights include:
- Harpooning two superheavies and exploding them
- Goonmeet all day every day
- 8 games, 7 good games, and me winning very few of them
- Knight jousting
- Naruto headbands
- Seeing Badcast shirts on total strangers in the wild
- Making Badcast shirts on total strangers in the wild
- $4 Fat Tire draughts

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

raverrn posted:

Intercessors have two attacks.

Thanks!

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Schadenboner posted:

Freeze your top two rows maybe? Sorting A -> Z yields weirdness?

Sort by the stats page.

Felime
Jul 10, 2009

you didn't change the points portion, so scouts seem SUPER efficient

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Felime posted:

you didn't change the points portion, so scouts seem SUPER efficient

Fixed, thanks.

Fake James
Aug 18, 2005

Y'all got any more of that plastic?
Buglord

SRM posted:

It totally ruled, and that guy was drunkenly ecstatic the rest of the night. Very, very drunkenly.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
Here's hoping it beats the buzzer for my 14 hour flight.

chutche2
Jul 3, 2010

CUPOLA MY BALLS

Fake James posted:

It totally ruled, and that guy was drunkenly ecstatic the rest of the night. Very, very drunkenly.

This shirt is now worth thousands of dollars.

Proletariat Beowulf
Jan 7, 2007
I wish meat screamed as I ate it.

SRM posted:

Those banana bois are fukken tight, my dude.

NOVA ruled. Dan and I record our recap episode on Saturday and we'll get it out shortly thereafter. Highlights include:
- Harpooning two superheavies and exploding them
- Goonmeet all day every day
- 8 games, 7 good games, and me winning very few of them
- Knight jousting
- Naruto headbands
- Seeing Badcast shirts on total strangers in the wild
- $4 Fat Tire draughts

The Sex Cannon talked a lot of poo poo about your Guard/Knights, but everyone was prepared for it, apparently. It's Blood Angels + Guard + Robits that seem the new hotness. Regardless, here's hoping you gave as good as you got.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

This thing is baller, and confirms just how much I fuckin' love Genestealers.

Harvey Mantaco
Mar 6, 2007

Someone please help me find my keys =(
Everyone is just eating dinner. No one knows that i'm screaming inside my brain that this came today. Go to bed kids. Go watch tv wife. gently caress off cat. Everyone leave me alone i'm going to the basement.

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

10/10 a fun and informative spreadsheet

Giant Isopod
Jan 30, 2010

Bathynomus giganteus
Yams Fan

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

Awesome job.

Battle Sisters have a 6++ invulnerable save that I think you missed

JIZZ DENOUEMENT
Oct 3, 2012

STRIKE!
How should shooting and close combat be weighted?

For example, grotesques are more efficient in close combat than Talos, and other units are more efficient at shooting than the Talos, but the best Drukhari list is spamming a bunch of Talos

Rano Pano
Jan 17, 2004

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

It's a spreadsheet.

Be amazed.

Amazed! But

Intercessors should have AP-1 (shooting)
Dark Eldars should have 6+ FNP

Also would be cool to see:
Grey Hunters (marine with 2 attacks)
Kataphrons with their other weapon choice, and/or Plasma Destroyers with non-overcharge profile

OhDearGodNo
Jan 3, 2014

Harvey Mantaco posted:

Everyone is just eating dinner. No one knows that i'm screaming inside my brain that this came today. Go to bed kids. Go watch tv wife. gently caress off cat. Everyone leave me alone i'm going to the basement.

Just wait until you get to the wings

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Giant Isopod posted:

Awesome job.

Battle Sisters have a 6++ invulnerable save that I think you missed

Having a bunch of people read over this is great for catching errors. Thanks.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Rano Pano posted:

Amazed! But

Intercessors should have AP-1 (shooting)
Dark Eldars should have 6+ FNP

Also would be cool to see:
Grey Hunters (marine with 2 attacks)
Kataphrons with their other weapon choice, and/or Plasma Destroyers with non-overcharge profile

The Kataphron profile was selected to include the second weapon. Thanks for the feedback though, I do appreciate it.

I didn't realize SW were different and will add that.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!
Managed to get a fun game in with my Death Guard Killteam versus my friends Orks. Game play wise, the match was pretty unremarkable, with my dice rolling pretty poorly and my poor Death Guard getting stomped.

Except for a single Pox walker who refused to die or break, and just kept killing. I think he took down 3 guys before finally succumbing.

Luminaflare
Sep 23, 2010

No one man
should have all that
POWER BEYOND MEASURE

jadebullet posted:

Managed to get a fun game in with my Death Guard Killteam versus my friends Orks. Game play wise, the match was pretty unremarkable, with my dice rolling pretty poorly and my poor Death Guard getting stomped.

Except for a single Pox walker who refused to die or break, and just kept killing. I think he took down 3 guys before finally succumbing.

Ugh, I was playing against Death Guard my last game. They kept constantly making their Disgustingly Resilient rolls and just would not die.

Nuntius
May 7, 2004

(not a fag)
Did you take In to account special rules like Skitarii Vanguard giving enemies -1 T in close combat. I think that would put their value up a lot.

Don’t know about other special rules. I guess it would be very hard to model things like <forge world> and canticles as they add too many variables.

Schadenboner
Aug 15, 2011

by Shine
Are poisons more of a Nurgle thing or a Slaaneshi thing? Follow-up: what about botulism?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

Poison is almost 100% a Dark Eldar and Imperial assassins thing.