Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Yeah, Thrawn's Ebb and Flow, hands down. And second the DN suggestion. Those two things are the only thing missing from your EP team.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Okay, I think i'll stick it on Thrawn then. Even though he's only 5* he's still pretty effective. More so than the DS and DM I was using before.

Probably next go KRU then DN. I'm not putting it on Bastila until she's farmable.

Holy crap I just wrecked a FO team that was mostly maxed out with my arena team, I want to say it was because of the Thrawn Zeta but it can't be that good.

EDIT: Is there something i'm not getting about zombie nightsisters? Sometimes they have their taunt on 100% of the battle, so I can't do anything because the stupid thing even rez's after DN Annhilation attack. I've also come across them once and a while that literally will not die even if the rest of their team is dead.

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 19:55 on Sep 5, 2018

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

CaptainPsyko posted:

Yoda zeta is no joke

Why would you use Yoda as your lead in a post-Bastila world?

oops wrong forum
May 21, 2002

heh, you think you can withstand the power of my solarbeam?

Defiance Industries posted:

Battle meditation?

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE

You wouldn't, but his unique is like, #2 top zeta on the squad after Bastila's lead

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Because you can't farm Bastilla and somethings require 7* teams?

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

It's not about butthole pleasures
Lipstick Apathy

Burning_Monk posted:

Because you can't farm Bastilla and somethings require 7* teams?

This is not a great reason and cap meant battle med anyway.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer
Yeah don't just do not buy yodas leader skill, there's very few uses for it.

BM is top tier, though

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
From what I gather not many leader kills are worth it? I zeta'd palps because he bonuses sith and imperials and is my team later. I accidently zeta'd vaders though (Hence the advice every time I can put one on someone).

Someone suggested I level a Leia earlier, is that ANH Leia or Hoth leia?

Syrinxx
Mar 28, 2002

Death is whimsical today

What's better for my Jedi arena team, 4* Bastila leader zeta or 7* GMY battle med zeta?

Rabbi Tupac
Jan 1, 2010

Heroes of the Storm
Goon Tournament Champion

Syrinxx posted:

What's better for my Jedi arena team, 4* Bastila leader zeta or 7* GMY battle med zeta?

Bastila leader zeta hands down.

Also thanks for the advice, I'll zeta Thrawn. I've been slowly working on DN as well. He's my next on the project list. Him and and the bugs for Fleet.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

twistedmentat posted:

From what I gather not many leader kills are worth it? I zeta'd palps because he bonuses sith and imperials and is my team later. I accidently zeta'd vaders though (Hence the advice every time I can put one on someone).

Someone suggested I level a Leia earlier, is that ANH Leia or Hoth leia?

ANH Leia is required to get CLS, so probably that. Hoth Leia is required for some TB fights but there's nothing you can really do to speed up the process of starring her up.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Syrinxx posted:

zBastilla is loving great and it's the easiest way to a top-end arena team available to folks right now.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
yoda leader zeta was decent for like a week until bastila showed up and completely overshadowed it. Im getting close to another zeta, I was going to go for r2 or bb8 but now I wonder if I shouldnt get talzin lead for anti bastila. Have a decent NS team but only zetad asajj lead for str

SgtMongoose
Feb 10, 2007

A 3* zBastila is top end arena viable and hands down the best Jedi zeta. But as far as leader zetas go, don't completely overlook them if they enable an entire new team for TW/TB/raids. Prime examples would be Finn, Veers, or Matt whose leader zetas basically gift you an effective team at g8.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

SgtMongoose posted:

A 3* zBastila is top end arena viable and hands down the best Jedi zeta. But as far as leader zetas go, don't completely overlook them if they enable an entire new team for TW/TB/raids. Prime examples would be Finn, Veers, or Matt whose leader zetas basically gift you an effective team at g8.

Veers isnt a lead but it acts like one. The general rule of thumb for zeta leads is if it enables the team to gently caress w turn meter in some way it's probably pretty good.

E: Here I made a list of all the good leader zetas

Asajj Ventress: Makes a NS team frighteningly fast. Not compatible with Mother Talzin's lead, which is also on this list, but they are both strong enough to consider. There are folks in SM that have both for different purposes. NS destroy JTR squads in TW, easily defeat p6 TB teams, and can pull 2-5m in p4 HSR

Bastila Shan: The premier jedi lead. The zeta provides a massive tenacity boost, which lets them devour zeta EP leads and other debuff-centric teams like regular bitch candy. At 7* she can also do 2m+ in p2 HSR

Comannder Luke Skywalker: Maybe not as good as the others, but CLS is a ubiquitous character and this zeta does provide tm gain, so it's not bad. Note that it does require adjusting your chex mix team speeds.

Darth Traya: Not a TM fuckery lead, but it's an oppressive zeta and Traya is squarely meta, so it's worth it. Specifically counters zBastila pretty hard

Darth Vader: I like this lead just because it's unique. Not especially great for arena, TW, or TB, but he does have a specific use heading up a Vader/Wampa comp to quickly clear hAAT from 50% p2.

Emperor Palpatine: A very strong lead that heads up bulwark teams in TW and TB and can work with several comps in arena.

Finn: zFinn resistance are a great TB option and TW attack team. Modded well, it can also take down Traya teams in arena, but it's offense only and drops like a rock on D.

Kylo Ren Unmasked: He heads up the standard First Order TW Defense unit. Also has uses in DS TB and pulls reasonable numbers in HSR (<1m but still deece)

Mother Talzin: The other NS lead. MT-led NS teams can auto Bastila (in arena or TW), can also easily clear TB nodes, and can do up to 6m in p3 HSR, which is sick.

Jedi Training Rey: An essential zeta for p1 HSR, but she's so good she works in all game modes. I still see her occasionally in my arena, which has switched almost entirely to traya teams.

Honorable mention:
Darth Maul: Not the arena meta lead it used to be, but it does do a lot in a vacuum. Use probably limited to TB and TW at this point.
Qui Gonn Jinn: Vastly overshadowed by Bastila and crippled by debuff heavy squads, QGJ still does a lot in a vacuum, it's just aged poorly like Maul.

fishtobaskets fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Sep 6, 2018

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Well, I cleared second last thrawn mission so that's a big one. I think if I just get some more Gl on pheonix, especially Zeb, Chop and Kanaan I should be able to finish him off.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Well, I cleared second last thrawn mission so that's a big one. I think if I just get some more Gl on pheonix, especially Zeb, Chop and Kanaan I should be able to finish him off.

Get Kanaan to G8 and then just gear Ezra/Sabine to G11+. That should be enough.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
To be clear, gearing ezra/sabine to g11 is absolutely useful. They both own.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

To be crystal clear, making all Phoenix G12 and giving them each their zeta is absolutely the way to go.

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

Hockles posted:

To be crystal clear, making all Phoenix G12 and giving them each their zeta is absolutely the way to go.

If you really want to maximize your power, get every character to G12 and zeta everything.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

Hockles posted:

Goddammit hockles

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

If you really want to maximize your power, get every character to G12 and zeta everything.

One weird trick that Thrawn hates!

BUt yea, i'm glad I got him to 6*, so I can work on them for the next time thrawn comes up.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
thrawn is real good on a bunch of teams and in fleet arena so nothing is really wasted on him. that said neither of his zetas are really required and Id put a whole bunch above him in priority

Defiance Industries
Jul 22, 2010

A five-star manufacturer

I think it's faster to list teams that Thrawn isn't an A+++ would add again addition to.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

gently caress You And Diebold posted:

thrawn is real good on a bunch of teams and in fleet arena so nothing is really wasted on him. that said neither of his zetas are really required and Id put a whole bunch above him in priority

counterpoint: Ebb & Flow owns, wtf are you doing rn? Is this a bit?

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos

Chilichimp posted:

Ebb & flow is good but isn't team defining like finn, EP, MT etc, doesn't give team wide bonuses like r2, veers, cls etc and he is still good on the team without it whereas solo, sion, nihilus, zylo etc really need their zetas to be good. So yeah, both of thrawns zetas are good, but there are way more higher priority imo

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

Chilichimp posted:

In general, overall, i’d Agree, number one Thrawn zeta fan checking in, etc.

THAT SAID if you haven’t zeta’d Ebb and Flow yet, holding off during the Traya meta isn’t the dumbest thing you can do. It does tend to get him to kill himself.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

God dammit, I did not know 7 star Chimera requires 7 star Home One. God dammit.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

Ebb & flow is good but isn't team defining like finn, EP, MT etc, doesn't give team wide bonuses like r2, veers, cls etc and he is still good on the team without it whereas solo, sion, nihilus, zylo etc really need their zetas to be good. So yeah, both of thrawns zetas are good, but there are way more higher priority imo

Ebb & Flow and his leader zeta shouldn't really be in the same discussion, imo. You Zeta his leader if you're a trooper lover or if you rock him as fleet commander. For most people it's a way down-list zeta and most people don't have it.

E&F just makes him better.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Does that mean I should put a zeta on tarkin's leadership as he's my Ship Leader?

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Does that mean I should put a zeta on tarkin's leadership as he's my Ship Leader?

If yourself in the situation of being slower than the other tarkins you're facing, it wouldn't be the worst thing you could do, but I THINK his unique is better, as his leader skill fuckin' sucks.

But Tarkin is fast enough and you can just put gear on him instead.

Fuck You And Diebold
Sep 15, 2004

by Athanatos
yeah, dont zeta tarkin unless you really have to and it makes the difference in staying in the top 10 of ship arena or something, and if you do his unique is better for arena (if you still use him there). Id say a zeta for fleet arena would be better used on DV or fotp, but again, only if itll make a significant difference the in the rewards you're getting

Popete
Oct 6, 2009

This will make sure you don't suggest to the KDz
That he should grow greens instead of crushing on MCs

Grimey Drawer

thrawn527 posted:

God dammit, I did not know 7 star Chimera requires 7 star Home One. God dammit.

:same:

I hate how they don't put in enough Home One events between Chimera events. I guess I'll just wait another 3 months or whatever.

Chilichimp
Oct 24, 2006

TIE Adv xWampa

It wamp, and it stomp

Grimey Drawer

yeah, dont zeta tarkin unless you really have to and it makes the difference in staying in the top 10 of ship arena or something, and if you do his unique is better for arena (if you still use him there). Id say a zeta for fleet arena would be better used on DV or fotp, but again, only if itll make a significant difference the in the rewards you're getting

Double Zeta Vader is absolutely a good thing to do.

fishtobaskets
Feb 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
If dude has less than say... 20 zetas there are probably WAY more pressing zetas than using one to add 1 speed to a ship. I feel like I'm gonna have to re-issue the tier list which is gonna suck cuz there's like 80 billion new zetas since last time I did it.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Wait, I didn't realize a zeta can make that much of a difference to speed in ships. I've been hording zetas for a little while now (not hardcore, but I have about 36 right now), and my Chimera is consistently slower than my opponents. I haven't bothered giving a zeta to Thrawn's leader ability, because I never use him as the leader, but I may consider it.

Chevy Slyme
May 2, 2004

We're Gonna Run.

We're Gonna Crawl.

Kick Down Every Wall.

thrawn527 posted:

Wait, I didn't realize a zeta can make that much of a difference to speed in ships. I've been hording zetas for a little while now (not hardcore, but I have about 36 right now), and my Chimera is consistently slower than my opponents. I haven't bothered giving a zeta to Thrawn's leader ability, because I never use him as the leader, but I may consider it.

Don’t do anything rash without checking the calculator.

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

CaptainPsyko posted:

Don’t do anything rash without checking the calculator.

http://apps.crouchingrancor.com/Calculators/ShipSpeed

Handy, thanks.

Looks like it would take it from speed 145 to 146. Don't know how much of a difference that would actually make in battle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Oh wait, I missed my G12 gear. No speed difference at all with that last zeta. Thanks!