Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:
They should have named all the points of interest after the maps they were, in previous CoD games.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

I haven’t run the numbers but at first glance Stonehaven was bigger than this map.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
god dammit its looking like i'm going to play blackout a lot

Manxome Foe
Apr 6, 2005

Beware the Jabberwock, my son! The jaws that bite, the claws that catch!
I feel like the devs just all snorted a big pile of coke and were like "LET'S JUST PUT A BUNCH OF REGULAR MAPS TOGETHER INTO ONE SUPER MAP AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm fine with that though.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

bear is driving! posted:

I feel like the devs just all snorted a big pile of coke and were like "LET'S JUST PUT A BUNCH OF REGULAR MAPS TOGETHER INTO ONE SUPER MAP AND AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA"

Ah the monster hunter approach.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

There's somethin' fishy goin' on here...
The thought of how CoD love quick scoping combined with this game mode frustrates me already and I haven't played it yet.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.
Apparently Nuketown Island is in the center of the map from what I'm reading and hearing online. So there may be a bigger map than what was posted here.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I'm curious. To those of you that are super resistant to Blackout. Why? I need a better answer than BR being trendy, because it's also fun as gently caress and it would nice to play a BR mode in a competent game unlike PUBG or Fornite.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

I'm curious. To those of you that are super resistant to Blackout. Why? I need a better answer than BR being trendy, because it's also fun as gently caress and it would nice to play a BR mode in a competent game unlike PUBG or Fornite.

Well, the history of vehicles in Call of Duty games could be categorized as "minimally acceptable". It's probably my biggest concern, aside from going from netcode that's optimized for 18 players and under (on consoles) to multiple times that.

But pubeage & Fortnite have no appeal to me; if you don't have cover penetration, you're not worth playing. This is the one I'm waiting for.

Mister Facetious fucked around with this message at 06:35 on Sep 6, 2018

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

veni veni veni posted:

I have horrible internet and the concept of games like PUBG and Fortnite where you can be killed in 5 seconds due to someone handing near a gun and you didn't just doesn't sound appealing. I don't even care for games like Counter-Strike to where if I die once due to my bad internet (6-10 Mbps with lots of fluctuations) or because I'm an idiot, I have to sit around and wait forever to play again.

RBX
Jan 2, 2011

You can die, instantly quit out and be back in another game in literally seconds. It's nothing.

Those have PC game standards tho, who knows if COD and BF have that kinda of stuff in mind. Their menus are already slow as gently caress and overly designed.

Lambert
Apr 15, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
Fallen Rib

veni veni veni posted:

I don't care about Battle Royale as a concept. It's not "fun as gently caress" to me. It sounds interesting, but has worn out its welcome pretty quickly to me.

Adding zombies only makes this worse.

Control, their new objective mode, on the other hand, is great.

Lambert fucked around with this message at 12:36 on Sep 6, 2018

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

RBX posted:

You can die, instantly quit out and be back in another game in literally seconds. It's nothing.

Those have PC game standards tho, who knows if COD and BF have that kinda of stuff in mind. Their menus are already slow as gently caress and overly designed.

That doesn't do much for me. When I get into a game I wanna be there for a while. I don't wanna come in, run around for a bit, lose a gunfight and then that's it. And playing conservative doesn't appeal to me either.

I'm gonna give Blackout a shot cause if there's somebody that can make a version of this that I'll find compelling, it's Treyarch.

Wazzit
Jul 16, 2004

Who wants to play video games?
Blackout trailer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjiaMBk6rHk

This looks fun.

Wazzit fucked around with this message at 19:37 on Sep 6, 2018

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

RBX posted:

Eh, I've heard lots of people say this about PUBG and I really don't think it's true based on my experience. There's a wait time for matchmaking, a wait time before the round begins, a wait time until the plane gets over land, a wait time until you pick a spot to drop to, and then it might be 15 minutes+ before you encounter another player depending on where you land. It's hardly as if you're able to get immediately back into the action after getting domed by a sniper after spending 30 minutes picking up loot.

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 19:48 on Sep 6, 2018

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Vicissitude posted:

Apparently Nuketown Island is in the center of the map from what I'm reading and hearing online. So there may be a bigger map than what was posted here.

It’s to the west. Full map is posted on the previous page. Trailer for Blackout looks fun and busy, which is the opposite of how BR games generally go.

Kizurue
Apr 5, 2006

Sure you can quit and join a new game if your playing solo, but I enjoy playing CoD with other people.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

:same: :hfive:

housefly
Sep 11, 2001

Blackout might be fun for a few times. Considering I downloaded fortnight or whatever that game is and played it on the superior Nintendo Switch gaming system all of three times, I doubt I’ll be diving into this much. We’ll see though.

Vicissitude
Jan 26, 2004

You ever do the chicken dance at a wake? That really bothers people.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It’s to the west. Full map is posted on the previous page. Trailer for Blackout looks fun and busy, which is the opposite of how BR games generally go.

Oh, okay. From what I've seen, people were given different parts of the map. The one I saw didn't look like how that one looked so I figured it was just another piece, too.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Indeed.

Why the hell does the Beta start on a monday?

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Sep 7, 2018

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

veni veni veni posted:

Indeed.

Why the hell does the Beta start on a monday?

The Proletariat need a reason to call in sick since :lol: at worker rights, new national holidays, or Capital obeying labour laws.

IM DAY DAY IRL
Jul 11, 2003

Everything's fine.

Nothing to see here.
god dammit javes

Javes
May 6, 2012

ASK ME ABOUT APPEARING OFFLINE SO I DON'T HAVE TO TELL FRIENDS THEY'RE NOT GOOD ENOUGH FOR MY VIDEO GAME TEAM.

IM DAY DAY IRL posted:

god dammit javes

?

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

This is starting now-ish

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tlxf5n_Mvoc

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I hope it's good. Can't wait to try it tonight.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

I hope it's good. Can't wait to try it tonight.

What’s it like living in the future.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

You said it was starting now, and I'm too busy at work to click the video.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Mister Facetious posted:

You said it was starting now, and I'm too busy at work to click the video.

The stream was starting then. Beta is still not starting until Monday. They didn’t really reveal anything new but the mode does sound fun.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Blackout Field Manual

TheGoonspiracist
Jul 24, 2002

The terrible secret of space... :stonk: the Mods, they knew!
I'm going to snipe so many people from the back of a ATV.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I'm going to swear so many times from people sniping me from the back of an ATV. from half a click away

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

The fact that the beta is literally hours away and no one has seen a single second of blackout gameplay outside of a very scripted trailer is pretty interesting to me. I don't think it's a good or bad thing. I think it's actually peaked my interest more. But at the same time a video of some devs playing as intended might have been a good idea in case the beta is a trash fire.

Stubear St. Pierre
Feb 22, 2006

what's a battle royale is that like a royal rumble

or is it like that cartoon poo poo where you spend the whole time running toward the center until someone kills you because they have a gun and you don't and then the game is over

widespread
Aug 5, 2013

I believe I am now no longer in the presence of nice people.

Stubear St. Pierre posted:

or is it like that cartoon poo poo where you spend the whole time running toward the center until someone kills you because they have a gun and you don't and then the game is over

it's both and i powerslam some skin onto an atv idk no info besides the trailer and the field man-u-elle

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I love when old people try to sound cool by pretending they don't know what something that everyone who doesn't live under a rock is aware of is.

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

Royale rumble is only 30 people, and because of Owen Hart ( :rip: ), they can no longer enter from above. :canada:

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

It’s a Japanese movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CV 64 Fan
Oct 13, 2012

It's pretty dope.

veni veni veni posted:

I love when old people try to sound cool by pretending they don't know what something that everyone who doesn't live under a rock is aware of is.

Whaddya mean it doesn't make me sound cool as hell?