Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
"That man has just been doing the robot the entire time!" Still cracks me up

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Carlosologist posted:

Mirio is the goddamn best, I’ll always love him for the total shithousing he delivered on 1-A

yeah he basically annihilates them and it owns.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
That actually annoyed me because even if he's fun individually as a character he's basically filler-lad as far as I'm concerned

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Nah. I mean, he stuck around past his intro arc and it's a good thing, which distinguishes him from basically every filler lad ever. If anyone deserves that shade it's probably Nighteye.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It's moments like the school festival arc that really makes me fall in love with this series. I mean the action and more serious arcs are also really good. But I just love seeing these kids goof off together.

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Mulderman posted:

It's moments like the school festival arc that really makes me fall in love with this series. I mean the action and more serious arcs are also really good. But I just love seeing these kids goof off together.

It's like how everyone's favorte DBZ episode is that one filler one where Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive cars. It gives us insight into the characters as humans.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Neito posted:

It's like how everyone's favorte DBZ episode is that one filler one where Goku and Piccolo learn how to drive cars. It gives us insight into the characters as humans.

The baseball episode was one of my favorite episodes from Super.

MHA should have a baseball episode.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

filler should 100% of the time be lowkey stuff or slice of life stuff if it can't use author notes to focus on an unspotlit character or draw from omake sections

we already have plenty of content of the characters fighting a villain in the base material every single time. give me a heist movie

imagine if all filler arcs were outlandish nonstandard situations

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
Imagine if One Piece had good filler.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

imagine if i hadn't forgot i was having the original one piece filler conversation in the anime thread until after i ate a fat sixer to the face, RIP

i think the only filler i hate and respect simultaneously is the Bleach Bount arc. it was trash but at least they really went for something

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

those new characters they kept around for later filler eps were pretty alright, at least. also jesus the redrawn festival is so good, waah!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

PMush Perfect posted:

Imagine if One Piece had good filler.
G8 arc is legit good

Aoi
Sep 12, 2017

Perpetually a Pain.

Dr Subterfuge posted:

Nah. I mean, he stuck around past his intro arc and it's a good thing, which distinguishes him from basically every filler lad ever. If anyone deserves that shade it's probably Nighteye.

Mirio isn't filler, he's the greatest Hero of his generation.

At least, he is where it counts.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

"9-11 emergency? There's a handsome guy under my son's bed. Oh, wait a second, cancel that. It's only me."

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Funky Valentine posted:

"9-11 emergency? There's a handsome guy under my son's bed. Oh, wait a second, cancel that. It's only me."
Endeavor with Johnny Bravo's voice would be... I would have some very conflicting feelings about it.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

PMush Perfect posted:

Endeavor with Johnny Bravo's voice would be... I would have some very conflicting feelings about it.

Hawks of course has Donny Osmond's voice.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

mag-nee is a good hairdresser

https://twitter.com/makumakukawaii/status/1037325602376708096?s=19

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

EimiYoshikawa posted:

Mirio isn't filler, he's the greatest Hero of his generation.

At least, he is where it counts.

whereas nighteye was just a self-terminating prick who added nothing except pointless conflict and some weirdly fetishistic moments

man what a car accident of a character

at least he had the one decent moment where he dumpstered that Rappa clone

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

https://twitter.com/TheFizziestDog/status/1037489327545049088

Slightly amused that people have made Endeavor into Hawks' father figure

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

always glad when people draw wholesome toga faces but still remember that she has a scary devil mouth and dark-ringed murder eyes

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

For some reason it's so hard for other's to properly convey her crazy. It's either overdone or absent.

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

RIP Mag-Nee, you deserved better.

I'm at least as invested in the development of the Villain Alliance and its ragtag underdog band of bad guys as I am our actual heroes.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

PMush Perfect posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YWbmyICGoJ8

Well at least we got all might.

Agronox
Feb 4, 2005

I half expect her to slap maki with a harisen in some of these.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Fabricated posted:

That actually annoyed me because even if he's fun individually as a character he's basically filler-lad as far as I'm concerned

I feel like we'll be at the final battle, mirio fighting along side deku and you'll be screaming about filler.

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Anyone not in Class 1-A or teaching 1-A OR part of the Villain Alliance trying to kill Class 1-A is a pointless filler character. I know how stories work and should be written because I am very smart.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

Anyone not in Class 1-A or teaching 1-A OR part of the Villain Alliance trying to kill Class 1-A is a pointless filler character. I know how stories work and should be written because I am very smart.

my god, i've been so misguided

Dolash
Oct 23, 2008

aNYWAY,
tHAT'S REALLY ALL THERE IS,
tO REPORT ON THE SUBJECT,
oF ME GETTING HURT,

I enjoyed Mirio, in particular the juxtaposition of his ambition to save a million people and his willingness to sacrifice himself to save just one (Eri). I thought the whole plot about whether he might've been a better bearer for One for All was good, too, because the obvious resolution would've been for him to either fail some moral test Deku passes that shows Deku was the right pick all along or else die to show worthy bearers of One for All are a rare and high-risk breed. Instead he comes through alive, morally intact and friends with Deku - the story is comfortable just letting him be there. Could he have inherited One for All? Eh. Probably. He didn't though, and that's okay.

It helps that he's also just pretty fun and odd, the flashbacks of his dorkier early years learning how to use his power were funny and he's a good as part of Eri's caretaking team too.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

"mirio's a filler character" is a truly baffling take to me

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

double post but chapter's up

https://jaiminisbox.com/reader/read/my-hero-academia/en/0/197/page/1

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
Ibara is wonderful. :allears:

Hogama
Sep 3, 2011

DisDisDis
Dec 22, 2013
https://twitter.com/tapelbows/status/1027681454376083456

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
Man this really shows how much of a clusterfuck Shinso can cause by disrupting communications.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

what the gently caress

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Shinso is cool but man it's great to see 1-A working together.

Froppy dominating out here is making up a little for her lack of doing anything in the Overhaul fight. Hopefully Uravity gets a chance to shine in round 5 too even with Deku there to pull the spotlight.

EDIT: Also that chart is terrible. First of all, har har Mineta sure, but Deku goes gaga over Uraraka on the reg. Swap him with Kirishima.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!
I hope we get to see the full fights for round 2, 3 and 4 as well. Hopefully we didn't get to see this one just because Shinsou was in it.