Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Feb 24, 2006

#worldchamps
Kiss the ring, bitch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray
he doesn't want any smoke

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Doltos posted:

That's easily the worst part about last year. I don't want to share the untainted achievement of destroying Tomald Brady in the super bowl, twice.

But then the lovely rear end Eagles fart their way to a Super Bowl against old man Tomald who obviously lost a step.

Perhaps you forget that :mcnabb: would have beat him too but they were cheating.

I prefer to think of it as the Patriots have never beaten the NFC East in a Super Bowl in which they were not caught cheating.

CyberPingu
Sep 15, 2013

If you're not striving to improve, you'll end up going backwards.

Play posted:

First of all the Nick Foles thing was interesting. Second of all I'm sure players have tons more interesting things to say about stuff that we aren't able to notice, which was my point.

Eagles fans gettin a liiiiiiiittttllle butthurt up in here

Are we?

I'm sure players do have interesting tid bits. What I was saying is that those ones weren't particularly interesting

Play
Apr 25, 2006

CyberPingu posted:

Are we?

I'm sure players do have interesting tid bits. What I was saying is that those ones weren't particularly interesting

You don't want this smoke, you non-feet-trusting, teardrop-shape-passing motherfucker

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
While Ertz deserved that appraisal earlier in his career, he's been smoke positive for around a season and a half now.

(Basically ever since Kempski wrote that article that absolutely destroyed him with video evidence)

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Yeah basically all last year was praise for Ertz actually learning how to block. I'm sure he's not Jimmy Graham level bad but he's supposed to be passable now.

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost
Here's the article I mentioned: Eagles need Zach Ertz to start playing like a tight end While it is about Ertz's lack of YAC rather than poor blocking it generally paints him as soft.

Players often pretend they don't read stuff like this, but Ertz was a different player after this. He fights for YAC and shows effort when blocking. And Ertz's agent not only read it, he got into a twitter war with the author: Zach Ertz’s Agent Got Real Mad at Jimmy Kempski on Twitter

Memories... it seems like only a year ago that some people in the NFC East thread freaked out because I said Ertz was a top 5 receiving tight end. (because it was a year ago)

NotWearingPants fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Aug 31, 2018

TeeMerk
Jun 9, 2013
I'm the cowboys

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

El Patron posted:

Good to be getting back into the swing of things.

This is Donnel Pumphrey's breakthrough year, I feel it in my bones.

Not looking good for the little man is it ?

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k

TeeMerk posted:

I'm the cowboys

Sorry

El Patron
Jul 9, 2011

Philly Philly

El Patron posted:

Not looking good for the little man is it ?

Goodnight sweet prince.

https://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/status/1035927001574588416

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
On the cool side of things Jordan made the main roster, which is kind of crazy.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
So who is kicking for the cowboys now?

Tom Sellout
May 27, 2011

$240 million of Johnny Walker Blue and Throatzilla's services.
Jeff Heath

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

MazelTovCocktail posted:

On the cool side of things Jordan made the main roster, which is kind of crazy.

I doubt we will see him in a uniform this year, but it's encouraging that they think he's too good to not get poached from the practice squad.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

the Giants are going to be good and by good I mean like 7-9 god bless Saquon Barkley

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Steven Means out. What foolishness...

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
the Eagles could go 1-31 over the next two seasons and I would not give a gently caress. honestly, they won a Superbowl so everything from now until the NFL shuts down in 2031 is gravy. I'm just gonna have fun watching them play football, no anxiety or expectations. it's such a relaxing feeling

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/BrandonGowton/status/1036295229433892864

NotWearingPants
Jan 3, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

I'm not sure what they ever saw in this guy. It seemed like he was being billed as the next Darren Sproles but the only thing he had in common with Sproles was that he does not have NFL size. When you looked at his college tape, he did not seem to have great speed or any kind of special burst. He was a workhorse back. That he was able to do that at the college level at his size was impressive, but he was never going to be that in the NFL, and he wasn't going to magically turn into a speedy scat back just because he's small.

Marklar
Jul 24, 2003

Ball is Love
Ball is Life
Bud Light unveiled a statue of Pederson and Foles calling the Philly Special play:

https://www.nbcsports.com/philadelphia/the700level/bud-light-unveils-philly-special-statue-doug-pederson-and-nick-foles

Marklar fucked around with this message at 18:09 on Sep 5, 2018

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That's loving amazing

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Good

There was no way sports radio callers would ever be able to pronounce his name right

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I'm rock loving hard

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
A perfect eyesore for a butthole city

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

Doltos posted:

Yeah but why would they put it in [INSERT YOUR TOWN HERE]?

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Doltos posted:

you sure are mad about sports huh?

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

Giants could very well be 0-7 before they finally have a chance to beat the Skins (vJax, @Dal, @Hou, vNO, @Car, vEahahahahahha, @Atl)

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

he's just mad that the nicest thing anyone can say about Eli Manning now is "he's almost as good as Nick Foles"

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

El Patron posted:

Good to be getting back into the swing of things.

This is Donnel Pumphrey's breakthrough year, I feel it in my bones.

Pouring one out for this post.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

I agree it's an ugly statue, but lol Nick Foles beat Tom Brady

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

That statue looks amazing and I am revoking your Eagles Fandom for one week

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

aesthetically it's trash imo, but maybe it's not a good picture or maybe my eyes are bad.

a new study bible!
Feb 2, 2009

BIG DICK NICK
A Philadelphia Legend
Fly Eagles Fly

Donated by Bud Light™

Play
Apr 25, 2006

why is Pederson taller than Foles lol

incompetent
Jun 4, 2013

why is it the color of doo-doo

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

a new study bible! posted:

Donated by Bud Light™

The statue is actually full of Bud Light and they're going to open it up if the Eagles reach the Super Bowl again.

Guess where the tap is.

Doltos
Dec 28, 2005

🤌🤌🤌
The best part about that statue is it's labeled with the dumbest name for a trick play in existence so the viewer can judge the piece before fully taking it all in

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Doltos posted:

The best part about that statue is it's labeled with the dumbest name for a trick play in existence so the viewer can judge the piece before fully taking it all in

I love how mushy your brain is.